Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Thoughts about Guild event now?

Go down 
+46
meximan1390
lmnseason
Piggers
BkWiz
WeGotEnough
erikwinslow
Sichyras
muld0803
seanlink
sagexsdx
bluerexx
Gn0mel0ver
dantidd
Minowara
chaosbladeuk
sycovenom
ggorrell77
Caimsen
liquidleks
sg_bot
Grumpy
kalivon
AzakaZero
abuqasar
lyon186
PhantomCard
NeonC
Callanthe
GnatB
jjSpawnkill
rustyoldnail
Vaati
crunchy
Merivel
avarier
Kanata67
Sankha
ForLulzz
Rcybs
popka92
Hajkster
Abyssight
Ghost_Star
Resetz
Rinnell
Stormfeather
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sycovenom

Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Well looks like I'm gonna lose this battle what would have been an easy win if I wasn't the only person AGAIN... I'm holding off 6 people who took 20 mins of attacks to drop my defenses alone without me healing... This is the 4th battle I would have won if at least one person showed up and did anything.

I'm thinking I'm gonna boot everyone that is on my friend list in the guild off as I'm so fed up with what they done(or I should say didn't do) this event...
I guess I'm done as unless I win every single battle after this I won't get the 5* even (which should have been the reward for 14 wins IMO as its idiotic having 6 wins separate the 5*and 7*) Hell the GP rewards are pretty terrible as well outside the 60 million one...
Back to top Go down
sagexsdx
☆☆
sagexsdx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 pm

I can definitely see how this event is going to break alliances Laughing or just cause ppl to live with bitterness
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 pm

sagexsdx wrote:
I can definitely see how this event is going to break alliances Laughing or just cause ppl to live with bitterness
Well when they promise to be on, then show up once... yea very easily.

I wish they never broke up the original teams we had. The people I had thought they were kicked, and joined others. They are on ALL the time, and doing well it seems unlike they ones I ended up with...
Back to top Go down
sagexsdx
☆☆
sagexsdx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:01 pm

I know the feeling. I like all my guild members. Nice people. And when they're all on we steamroll hard unless it's someone spending buttloads of money.

And I can understand that life gets in the way. I wouldn't have them make Fantasica a priority for me.

But there were a good handful of losses that would have been easy wins had all members been there.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Do reward units like Phyllis count for the GP Bonus like those other special event units?
Back to top Go down
sagexsdx
☆☆
sagexsdx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:36 pm

no

Quote :
6*
Reimund

5*
Brenda
Valeria

4*
Ronja
Lyyli
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:36 pm

My guild has 9 members, but only 4 participate regular, and usually only 2-3 of those 4 per battle.  Not sure, but i think i'm the only one who hasn't missed a battle yet.  Helps that I'm on vacation though.  

Funny thing is I'm one of the "Rooks" but i have the most GP in the guild, in fact 3 million more than 2nd highest member (i have close to 8 mil).

And i thought i hated the PST schedule at first (i live in EST), but it works great, i get to sleep to 11am, wake up and battle, then go to bed after the last battle at 1am.
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 pm

I will say one thing about having terrible guild members I've won MVP all but 4 battles so far so I've gotten plenty of feeder cards from it. 3 of those battles I was at work for, and have no access to the internet...

BTW Seanlink wish you were on my team you would be #2 after me I will admit I only have around 10mill points, but Ihit a few absolutely terrible match ups like one I had to heal after every single attack as the defenses the opponents had were 7, and 6 stars...

Edit: I'm done with this event as lost another by under 20k points cause I was the only person to show up or even contribute the souls (also only person past 5 battles...) I swear I hate all team things in any game as I always get people that don't care...
Back to top Go down
muld0803

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 7:19 am

well the guild event could turn that around for you.
Next time you'll be able to gather a team that does care and does want to participate as a team.

it seems you were very unlucky now.

Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:00 am

I knew this wasn't going to be a good event for me. With the schedule I can only make 1 battle a day weekdays (made most of them over the weekend), so I joined an open guild. Turns out the guild leader and I are the only ones with 6*s. He makes the first two battles of the day, and I make the third one (the forth one is usually led by one of our stronger 5*s). Most battles we are lucky to get 3 actives (one of rooks hasn't been back on since he joined). Even with that we are 10/20. I have gotten MVP in most of the battles I have made.

I agree the 5* should have been set around 14-16 wins.
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 10:29 am

ggorrell77 wrote:
I knew this wasn't going to be a good event for me. With the schedule I can only make 1 battle a day weekdays (made most of them over the weekend), so I joined an open guild. Turns out the guild leader and I are the only ones with 6*s. He makes the first two battles of the day, and I make the third one (the forth one is usually led by one of our stronger 5*s). Most battles we are lucky to get 3 actives (one of rooks hasn't been back on since he joined). Even with that we are 10/20. I have gotten MVP in most of the battles I have made.

I agree the 5* should have been set around 14-16 wins.
I wouldn't even have minded that as one of them said something similar, but never showed up after 1 battle, and one said he couldn't make the last one...
Hell after I said that I quit they were all like LETS KEEP TRYING so I said OK and they said they would show up to the next...
Well this is the next and I'm getting beat down by almost 5X the points. Sure they all deployed, but none showed up to do a damn thing like normal...

As I'm like 1 win away from the 3X ambrosia think I'm gonna try to get that, then just get MVP for the rest without trying to even win (so I can try for a 5 or 6 star from the prem tickets, as I have gotten a 5star in the past from them)as I've spent over 30 pots trying to carry these worthless bums who haven't even used their free wild tonics...

I did learn one very valuable thing I'm not gonna be a GM ever again as if I wasn't I could have got on another team that had people participating instead of being stuck unable to even kick the bums...
Back to top Go down
Sichyras

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:18 am

Nothing like having a decently active guild (at least 7 or 8 of us most fights) hoping for the victory count 6* getting roflcoptered by 7* guilds with infinite potion spam. This event is basically handing another 6/7* to the people who already have 7*s.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:25 am

Don't forget two things:
1) 6* gives att boost to males
2) 7* is a male

Funny coincidence to cement Colo/Arena power for the rich, eh?

As for me, i'll just do my best and pick up the last three wins for the 5* ^-^
Back to top Go down
Rcybs

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Well I'm okay with my guild. They are such nice people and they enjoy whatever we get as wins. Most of us are as active as can be, but with this and tomorrow being the last days for the event will make it hell to even past anyone because of how desperate people are doing in order to get the last guild rewards and such. xD

I find the 4* reward much useful than the other ones. The 5* is okay, but with 8 wins difference make it hard for anyone to get her when other guilds are crazy enough to spam pots just for her. The 6* is really strange. Having a skill that boosts male units attack makes it almost impossible to use since almost if not 95% of all the units in this game are female. The 7* is just another prize for anyone willing to pay.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:14 pm

the amount of qq that this event brings is wildly amusing.
Back to top Go down
erikwinslow

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:48 pm

I have a few problems with this event. Before the guilds were disbanded, I was in with a fantastic group of players that had great cards (I myself have mostly 5*), but after the guilds were disbanded, those same great people would not let me join the guild again. Not even as a "rook" because now those same players made their own guilds and had guys with 6* cards as their "rook". Now I see some of these same people lamenting their losses because they got in with some "higher level" players and few of them are showing because of the schedule (they are in europe or over in asia somewhere and can't make em all). I've showed to every single match, sometimes being the only one showing (and sometimes winning) and been MVP more times than I can count because I am there for the whole hour.

My guild is probably going to end with 12 or 13 wins. I will have put in 28 hours of play, and I got a few 3* and a couple 4* out of it. Not worth it in my perception.

Another thing that has bothered me is that some of my wonderful guild mates have this idea that they should be burning their tonics and potions just so that they can get a higher BT score than me and win MVP even on blowout wins or losses. I tried to make the point that we should hold on to them for the matches that are close. Example: last match we lost by one attack from a guild that didn't attack till the last 15 minutes. I had been throwing in regular attacks without using any tonics or pots and had built a reasonable amount of GP. They started in with two players, and obviously burned 30 or more tonics/pots and closed the gap. When I started seeing them do this, I started using my own but my guild leader had burned all of his tonics winning MVP on a blowout loss yesterday so he could get MVP (I might add from me, because again, I had been throwing in my attacks as often as the points regenerated during that match but didn't use a single tonic), so he didn't have the ability to throw in any last minute attacks. So we lost, because of greed and stupidity.

Greed and selfishness is coming out very much in this event because so many people have been used to playing by themselves, so few know how to work together as a team. It's very frustrating to me to have had a chance to do well as a mid level player and have that chance taken away from me by people only looking out for themselves and actually hurting their own chance by doing the things that they have done. I could have least had earned a 5* with the time that I put in helping a guild win just that few more wins that they couldn't have otherwise without my help if they had let me join. A full time player with lesser cards is better than a player with high level cards that shows up for one battle a day in this event.

I don't think that I will be attending another one of these events, the amount of time and coordination required for mid to high level non-paying players to earn any decent reward is ridiculous compared to a tower or training event. I've earned 5* or just sold event items to earn other 5* from the last two events. I know people are going to say "Well there will be people who will band together having experienced something similar for the next one". I don't buy it. Quit trying to make a team event for a game that is all about individual achievement.
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:20 pm

erikwinslow wrote:

Greed and selfishness is coming out very much in this event because so many people have been used to playing by themselves, so few know how to work together as a team. It's very frustrating to me to have had a chance to do well as a mid level player and have that chance taken away from me by people only looking out for themselves and actually hurting their own chance by doing the things that they have done. I could have least had earned a 5* with the time that I put in helping a guild win just that few more wins that they couldn't have otherwise without my help if they had let me join. A full time player with lesser cards is better than a player with high level cards that shows up for one battle a day in this event.
and laziness

The greed thing is fantas issue as the Guild Points we earn are individual. So if you are told to defend you get zilch... This was an incredibly idiotic thing I can almost see the meeting

1st idiot: OK we will have an event where players work together

2nd idiot: BRILLIANT lets make it so people can make teams

1st idiot: I like that, but lets not allow them to kick people off so they have to buy items to win when their members are inactive

2nd idiot: OMG That is so incredibly great I can't stand it. Heres a better idea lets make the Guild Points be individual so people have to even compete with the people on their own team so no one defends. Then they will also have to compete with the opponents too.

1st idiot: OMG I JUST CREAMED MYSELF AT THAT THOUGHT BETTER YET Lets make the rewards so only people who spent hundreds of dollars are able to get them.

2nd idiot: My god that is a brilliant idea lets go make man babies in celebration

Thats what I imagine how fantas event teams conversations go
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:30 pm

really if people put the time and effort into finding a guild ahead of time and then vetting their players then they would not be having these issues. they have no one to blame but themselves.
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
really if people put the time and effort into finding a guild ahead of time and then vetting their players then they would not be having these issues. they have no one to blame but themselves.
Umm I think I wrote it here I HAD A GOOD GUILD then Fanta screwed up, and disbanded them all
The guys that I had thought they were booted, and joined other guilds when they logged on.
So in all honesty I'm in this situation with these rejects cause fanta ****ed up pure and simple.
None of the guys I have currently in the guild were in the 1st one I had I pretty much just grabbed anyone as I had under 1 day to find people, and these said they would be on...
The others I had prior I knew would have been on as we always were on at the same times which mostly were during the event times... and doing quests before and after the events show they were on now...
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:16 pm

sycovenom wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:
Umm I think I wrote it here I HAD A GOOD GUILD then Fanta screwed up, and disbanded them all
The guys that I had thought they were booted, and joined other guilds when they logged on.
So in all honesty I'm in this situation with these rejects cause fanta ****ed up pure and simple.
None of the guys I have currently in the guild were in the 1st one I had I pretty much just grabbed anyone as I had under 1 day to find people, and these said they would be on...  
The others I had prior I knew would have been on as we always were on at the same times which mostly were during the event times... and doing quests before and after the events show they were on now...
if you knew these people and set up your guild early it should not have been an issue at all to get back together. You are in your situation because the people who were in your guild thought they would have a better chance with someone else.

and now your saying you panicked and just grabbed anyone you could... i fail to see how this is fanta fault.... i'll give you that they screwed up the update and disbanded all the guilds... but you grabbing scrubs is hardly their fault.
Back to top Go down
Sichyras

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:26 pm

*doing my best Yzma from Emperor's New Groove impression*

HA! You should have thought of that before you became peasants!
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Sichyras wrote:
*doing my best Yzma from Emperor's New Groove impression*

HA! You should have thought of that before you became peasants!
well played:
Back to top Go down
erikwinslow

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Quote :
and now your saying you panicked and just grabbed anyone you could... i fail to see how this is fanta fault.... i'll give you that they screwed up the update and disbanded all the guilds... but you grabbing scrubs is hardly their fault.
I don't think that was the case. A lot of the players I was in a guild initially were allies. I hadn't logged in until later on that day after they disbanded. When I tried to get in touch with the allies, several of them had created their own and, like you said "went with someone that they thought they had a better chance with". Now I've been playing for just over a month, so I don't have the long standing relationship with some of my allies, but I have risen from new player to having several 5*. So I would guess anyone paying any attention (like I do with my allies) would be able to tell that I play a lot. They didn't. So, that's their fault.

However, when I tried to get into a guild, it took two days to even find one that had more than one person in it (and those that did have only one wouldn't respond), because it was obvious that several people were banking on just getting other guilds with one or being high enough level that they would be able to win and even if they lost they would still get MVP. Once I did find a guild that was willing to accept me, it had potential IF everyone showed up. I didn't "panic" I simply had no choice because by that time everyone was all set with their "successful" guilds. And like I said in my post, my allies that created/went to other guilds I have seen complaining that they were sometimes the only one showing up.

The issue is that this event, like others, have made paying players the only ones who are going to succeed, or if you aren't a paying player one who was lucky to have some allies who didn't succumb to the greed. I have seen some successful guilds that have "lower level" units. It's just that they are working together and using winning tactics. My big beef is that I have been able to succeed in other events being a "free" player, and being relatively new.
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:

Easy when 5 good people think you booted em out, and either made a new guild or joined a different one due to fantas **** up then yes you can blame them. They didn't even give enough time to recruit new members as it took me those 2 days to get the ones I had.

I okay-ed the last person a few minutes before I went to bed (under 8 hours till 1st battle)
Now if I had the same time to setup a team as we originally had I will be honest I would never have accepted 3 of the 5(2 from allies of allies). I only accepted the application as I said 8 hours before the 1st battle, and as we didn't even have 24 hours to get the teams in shape I was shocked I filed the team(- one rook).

Hell I figured hey at least if they don't show they could be cannon fodder for defense, but nope we have to redeploy every single time so they can't even be good for that...
Back to top Go down
liquidleks

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:40 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
Easier said than done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about Guild event now?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next