Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Thoughts about Guild event now?

Go down 
+46
meximan1390
lmnseason
Piggers
BkWiz
WeGotEnough
erikwinslow
Sichyras
muld0803
seanlink
sagexsdx
bluerexx
Gn0mel0ver
dantidd
Minowara
chaosbladeuk
sycovenom
ggorrell77
Caimsen
liquidleks
sg_bot
Grumpy
kalivon
AzakaZero
abuqasar
lyon186
PhantomCard
NeonC
Callanthe
GnatB
jjSpawnkill
rustyoldnail
Vaati
crunchy
Merivel
avarier
Kanata67
Sankha
ForLulzz
Rcybs
popka92
Hajkster
Abyssight
Ghost_Star
Resetz
Rinnell
Stormfeather
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Merivel

Merivel

Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 5:09 pm

Teaming just by victory count is absurd and frankly lazy as hell. Nor does it make it fun for anyone as there isn't a challenge in uneven matchups for the winners and its just demoralizing for the weaker team.
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Merivel wrote:
Teaming just by victory count is absurd and frankly lazy as hell. Nor does it make it fun for anyone as there isn't a challenge in uneven matchups for the winners and its just demoralizing for the weaker team.
I disagree. Matching by win/loss is simple but good enough. After a dozen games you should be up against teams with similar strength quite consistently. Your final number of wins should reflect how good your team really is, regardless of early results against very weak or very strong teams.
Back to top Go down
Merivel

Merivel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:31 pm

Exactly, "after a dozen games" is nearly half the event and not exactly a finely tuned way to create matchups. From gamers and programmers, we should expect and demand better.
Back to top Go down
Stormfeather

Stormfeather

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:32 pm

Yeah, the further this goes, the more weaknesses I can see with the guild event in general.

Like everyone else, I'm getting real tired of things dragging on for an hour, and especially of the veerrrry slow AP regen. I guess they're trying to make a money grab, hoping people will buy packs for the Wild Tonics to get more AP and be able to actually do something rather than sit and stare at the screen for five minutes or so in between actions. It just turns me off the thing though. -_-

And speaking of which... personally, I wish potions/tonics weren't even a part of this. Because it just ends up boiling down to which team is more willing to buy a whole bunch of Stuff to throw money at the problem, so they can keep healing/attacking, rather than, y'know, how good a team you can build or whatever.

(Not that I figure they'd ever cut out something like that that would make them more money, but yeah.)
Back to top Go down
Merivel

Merivel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Oh and we're 11 8 games in and, I don't know about the rest of you but we're just seesawing between wildly uneven matches. Definitely no honing in on which teams would have a good back & forth.

Nvm, had mistakenly added total and wins... Still, not seeing any improvements in matching.

Last edited by Merivel on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad math)
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Merivel wrote:
Exactly, "after a dozen games" is nearly half the event and not exactly a finely tuned way to create matchups. From gamers and programmers, we should expect and demand better.
Say team A and B are roughly on the same level. After 10 games team A has 7 wins and team B has 9, then the matching algorithm will assign harder matchups for B than for A. You can expect the two teams to end up on the same wins when all 28 games are played. It doesn't matter if early draws are "unfair" as long as final number of wins reflect how good (or rich) the teams are.

Given fanta dev's tendency to mess up in every possible way. It's better for everyone to keep things simple and good enough.
Back to top Go down
Merivel

Merivel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:38 am

Or, in my suggested method, each team is faced with battles of ever increasing difficulty after each win, but against similarly equipped teams. As the event progressed, teams would rise or fall in the win brackets, due to their prowess in battle not because they were lucky enough to be the "stronger" team in a series of wildly disproportionate match-ups. In the end all strong teams, regardless of unit composition, will have had a fighting chance at getting 28 wins. It would not make those wins easy at all, but it wouldn't cost you a significant percentage of early battles to hone in on fair match-ups.

No need to put peewee players against the NFL, to figure out that maybe other peewee teams might be a better match. If a peewee team is good, they move up to play the middle schoolers, and so on until they have met their match. If a peewee team is not so good they just keep duking it out in the peewee league.

The result would be more fair and fun for all involved. And sell more pots because frugal players at least, don't use pots in a blowout no matter which side you are on.
Back to top Go down
jjSpawnkill

jjSpawnkill

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:04 am

The teams are not balanced.You either get run over by a lv6 rich team, or an completely dominate an empty inactive 0 GP team.

Something should be done with the recruiting methods...
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Not sure, we've had the occasional cakewalk, a couple of bulldozers, but I'd say most of our matchups have been fairly close.

That said, things wrong with the event:
1.  Scheduling.  At the very least The fights should have been spread out more, and guilds should have selected which 2 time slots they were competing in at the start.  Required wins/GP points/Etc. reduced as appropriate.  The schedule is *VERY* PST based, but this is an international game  You need to spread out the times, and you shouldn't even make people try to hit all the times once you've done that.
2.  Individual GP points required should have been maybe 1/6th what they are.  And NONE of them should have been wild souls.  A *good* free player not spending pots is probably getting maybe 300k per fight.  So bump it up to 400k, and it's probably relatively as difficult as their "not quite grindeable" 6*'s usually are.
3.  Duration.  Fights should be about 1/2 as long, AP should regenerate around 2x as fast.
4.  Points for defense.  Probably needs to be prototyped some, but a starting place could be if your defensive team has more units remaining after the assault, you get the same # of points as the attacker.  (So overall team GP would be a wash for ineffective attacks)
5.  Realtime indication of the health of your defensive units.
6.  Less fights total.  This is already feeling like an endurance contest, and we aren't even 1/2 way.  (Note:  I realize they had to do it this way due to the matching strategy/player base size, as with a group likely this large, you need a lot of fights to "winnow" things down. But it's unclear if giving out a ton more archi's would really hurt mobage anyways. Many of the other CC's I've played seemed FAR more generous with their rewards... and I see that as a good thing, personally.
Back to top Go down
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆
Callanthe

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:56 pm

I like the teamwork and PvP nature of this event, but I detest the action point costs they set for everything (in comparison to the molasses-slow free-player regeneration rate). Leave it up to Fantasica to make a potentially fun and exciting event as agonizingly pay-to-win as possible.

Aaaand I keep feeling pressured to buy packs myself since my some of my guild members are tryharding. Frick you Fanta, frick you.
Back to top Go down
NeonC

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:51 pm

I think it is player A and player B lost last match (they fight), and player A vs player B who won last match. At least it feels that way. So basically 2 pools.
Back to top Go down
PhantomCard

PhantomCard

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:27 am

The only thing about this event that grinds my gears is having that 1 member in the team that hasnt even done anything since the beginning of the Guild war why join a guild war event if your not gonna do anything. so now we have 8 active players and 1 none active player who joined for no reason and the biggest issue is not being able to leave or being able to boot that player from the guild hopefully they fix that issue if they do guild wars again.

totally can understand if that one player is busy but it doesnt help if they joined for no reason and still have 0GP with no effort.
Back to top Go down
Resetz

Resetz

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:49 am

I wonder if that player still get reward you guy put up with.

Back to top Go down
PhantomCard

PhantomCard

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:00 am

from the looks of it most like that 1 lazy player is getting the rewards for our hard work and if we aim for Archibald that player will also recieve it :/ and im aiming for archibald but if we lose 1 battle now then im gonna have to get use to other choices of cards.
Back to top Go down
lyon186

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:07 am

Question, for example I deploy my units before the next battle, I didn't attend the battle, my guild wins, does it count as a participation and win for my units too?

Or do i need to have at least one action in the battle to be counted?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
avarier

avarier

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:22 am

lyon186 wrote:
Question, for example I deploy my units before the next battle, I didn't attend the battle, my guild wins, does it count as a participation and win for my units too?

Thanks
you trying to figure out how to get rewards from hard work that you don't actually participate in?
Back to top Go down
lyon186

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:29 am

avarier wrote:
lyon186 wrote:

Thanks
you trying to figure out how to get rewards from hard work that you don't actually participate in?
Just asking and curious, I have not been sleeping since the event started
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:45 am

lyon186 wrote:
avarier wrote:
lyon186 wrote:

Thanks
@avarier
He's been fighting hard with us in our guild every match if thats what you're wondering.

I think by right just deploying should get you the participation. My rook alternate receives rewards and has his win count exactly the same as my main even though there was no deployment throughout one battle. I think the scoreboard might be a little wonky for now though. Anyone else can verify?
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:51 am

lyon186 wrote:
avarier wrote:
lyon186 wrote:

Thanks
Pretty sure you have to perform some action in the battle to get participation but you'll get rewarded for the win even if afk I believe.

And on topic: GnatB already said it all.
Back to top Go down
lyon186

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:51 am

Got curious with PhantomCard's post, his guild has 1 lazy member, who he said is also getting rewards, if that is the case, then we have a loophole in this event
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:20 am

Really, I can't get it into my head. Why are the GP rewards so utterly craptastic? Who thought it was a good idea to give out 20 wild souls at 40 million GP? If the GP reward table had looked more like the rook reward table then accruing GP would actually have been meaningful.
Back to top Go down
kalivon

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:25 am

Totally not participating in any future guild battles.
Back to top Go down
ForLulzz
☆☆☆☆☆
ForLulzz

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:05 am

Personally, I hope this event never happens again. I hate the trade lock.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
☆☆
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:45 am

ForLulzz wrote:
Personally, I hope this event never happens again. I hate the trade lock.
I agree, the loss of trade lock is lot worse than getting no event imo.
Back to top Go down
jjSpawnkill

jjSpawnkill

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 am

SOMEONE MAKE A COMPLAINT TO THE FANTASICA TEAM!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about Guild event now?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next