Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Thoughts about Guild event now?

Go down 
+46
meximan1390
lmnseason
Piggers
BkWiz
WeGotEnough
erikwinslow
Sichyras
muld0803
seanlink
sagexsdx
bluerexx
Gn0mel0ver
dantidd
Minowara
chaosbladeuk
sycovenom
ggorrell77
Caimsen
liquidleks
sg_bot
Grumpy
kalivon
AzakaZero
abuqasar
lyon186
PhantomCard
NeonC
Callanthe
GnatB
jjSpawnkill
rustyoldnail
Vaati
crunchy
Merivel
avarier
Kanata67
Sankha
ForLulzz
Rcybs
popka92
Hajkster
Abyssight
Ghost_Star
Resetz
Rinnell
Stormfeather
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sg_bot

Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Based on my calculations, I would say 0-1 guild will get Archibald.

93.5% probability for 0 guilds getting Archibald and 6.5% probability for only 1 guild getting Archibald.

And only 1-6 teams getting Dementria

Assumptions based on the 'you can face each other repeatedly rule'

Assume you cant,

I would say 0-2 guilds getting Archibald.

about 65% probability of 0 guilds getting Archibald

And in the event that no Archibalds gets released, they might just re-release him along with GA1 Greenfield siege
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:44 pm

AzakaZero wrote:
Really, I can't get it into my head. Why are the GP rewards so utterly craptastic? Who thought it was a good idea to give out 20 wild souls at 40 million GP? If the GP reward table had looked more like the rook reward table then accruing GP would actually have been meaningful.
Lol, yea, esp since we got a day extra i already had 600+ souls.

You need what? 131 souls each game to max morale? Thats max 3668 souls total. And of course you wont be the only person who gets souls. Other guildies will too.
Back to top Go down
liquidleks

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:12 pm

The GP rewards table should be terrible. Yes, you read that correctly.

GP rewards favors the people in the front slots, and punishes people who play any sort of defense.

You shouldn't be trying to get gobs of GP. You should be trying to win the match with teamwork, and that means doing things like point denial. Having great GP rewards would make teamwork worse. The MVP reward already promotes bad play, and a great GP rewards table would do the same thing.

Wins and Participation should be the only 2 reward tables. I'm certain the GP table (with a 6* at the end of the rainbow) was only to give players an incentive to burn tonics even on easy matches.

P.S. I think 18 wins is too many for the 5* reward. You need to maintain about a 2:1 win loss ratio (18-10). If it were just random opponents that means you are in the top 33% of guilds. However, the way they do match-ups you are consistently facing teams that are also in the top 33%. So you need to be in the top 1/3rd of the top 1/3rd to get the reward.

Essentially, only about only 12% of the guilds will get the 5*, and god forbid that anyone on those teams had to miss a match.
Back to top Go down
Caimsen
☆☆☆☆
Caimsen

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:36 pm

I like the Event. Just some parts not, like the tradelook, the Battle Schedul and why do we get wild souls as reward and no tonics?! The souls are rather useless.
Well, i hope, if they make a new GA, they will fix this problems and make it better.
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:46 pm

liquidleks wrote:
The GP rewards table should be terrible.  Yes, you read that correctly.

GP rewards favors the people in the front slots, and punishes people who play any sort of defense.

You shouldn't be trying to get gobs of GP.  You should be trying to win the match with teamwork, and that means doing things like point denial.  Having great GP rewards would make teamwork worse.  The MVP reward already promotes bad play, and a great GP rewards table would do the same thing.

Wins and Participation should be the only 2 reward tables.  I'm certain the GP table (with a 6* at the end of the rainbow) was only to give players an incentive to burn tonics even on easy matches.

P.S.  I think 18 wins is too many for the 5* reward.  You need to maintain about a 2:1 win loss ratio (18-10).  If it were just random opponents that means you are in the top 33% of guilds.  However, the way they do match-ups you are consistently facing teams that are also in the top 33%.  So you need to be in the top 1/3rd of the top 1/3rd to get the reward.

Essentially, only about only 12% of the guilds will get the 5*, and god forbid that anyone on those teams had to miss a match.
Totally agree with you that GP rewards shouldn't be good if it is implemented the way it is. But I think they should count the total GP of the entire guild and reward everyone on the team with meaningful rewards.

I'd like to add that victory rewards come much easier in JP version. They need 19/22 to get Archibald, 16/22 for Demetria, and 13/22 for Annette. They really changed this into a bloodbath. We aren't even halfway through the event and virtually all the mid-high end teams are already fighting to survive the 6/7* race. My team faced 3 teams in a row willing to burn pots/tonics. After today all the teams not willing to burn 5+ pots per battle are essentially out of contention for the 6*.
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Good news and bad news. ( depending which side you're on ) Rewards seem to be based on guild participation regardless of weather you deploy. You only have to be a member of said guild. Received Phyllis on main an alternate even though the alternate was not deployed in one battle in our 10 wins.

Can any other players verify?
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Abyssight wrote:
liquidleks wrote:
The GP rewards table should be terrible.  Yes, you read that correctly.

You shouldn't be trying to get gobs of GP.  You should be trying to win the match with teamwork, and that means doing things like point denial.  Having great GP rewards would make teamwork worse.  The MVP reward already promotes bad play, and a great GP rewards table would do the same thing.

Wins and Participation should be the only 2 reward tables.  I'm certain the GP table (with a 6* at the end of the rainbow) was only to give players an incentive to burn tonics even on easy matches.

P.S.  I think 18 wins is too many for the 5* reward.  You need to maintain about a 2:1 win loss ratio (18-10).  If it were just random opponents that means you are in the top 33% of guilds.  However, the way they do match-ups you are consistently facing teams that are also in the top 33%.  So you need to be in the top 1/3rd of the top 1/3rd to get the reward.

Totally agree with you that GP rewards shouldn't be good if it is implemented the way it is. But I think they should count the total GP of the entire guild and reward everyone on the team with meaningful rewards.

I'd like to add that victory rewards come much easier in JP version. They need 19/22 to get Archibald, 16/22 for Demetria, and 13/22 for Annette. They really changed this into a bloodbath. We aren't even halfway through the event and virtually all the mid-high end teams are already fighting to survive the 6/7* race. My team faced 3 teams in a row willing to burn pots/tonics. After today all the teams not willing to burn 5+ pots per battle are essentially out of contention for the 6*.
Wow you're right. the victory rewards ARE easier in JP, whats up with that?
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 pm

abuqasar wrote:
Good news and bad news. ( depending which side you're on ) Rewards seem to be based on guild participation regardless of weather you deploy. You only have to be a member of said guild. Received Phyllis on main an alternate even though the alternate was not deployed in one battle in our 10 wins.  

Can any other players verify?
The win total awards seem to be based on how many wins the guild gets. Whether or not you are deployed does not matter. I assume if you switch guilds your total follows you.

The participation awards are stickly based on how many battles you deploy and make at least one attack in.
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:46 pm

This even is a piece of crap IMO, and worst then most. It had the opportunity to be epic though Sad

Why I feel this as others stated the matchups its all pure dumb luck. Seriously my guild lost 4 matches, and got matched up against a team that every single person had at least 1 7 star, a pile of 6 stars, and they steam rolled us by over 8 million points to 500k. On my team all but one(and the rook) uses all 5 stars. Seriously it took me 700 action points to take out one of their guys defenses which was then restored before we could go to the next. There is no way they lost any games with how they played. Then the next game there was no one defending... It just is too varied to be fun.
Out of all the matches there were only 2 close calls, and that was cause I was alone as I found out 3 people are in Europe that I let in the guild versus a full team of people with 4 star cards, and only reason they won was I was out of pots...

Rewards... seriously WTF were they smoking why is the 5 star 18 wins even? Anyone that gets 18 wins that thing is pretty much a feeder to them. This is actually to another point about all the recent events why don't they spread out the prizes more now as 7* cards are the new 6*

Guild Leaders can't kick people, or even put it up to a vote. We have one person who does nothing taking up a spot (ally of an ally), and honestly woulda been kicked after the 4ths match as they haven't even said a thing. But nope they continue to be in there, Will say one nice thing at least they don't get rewards for things they didn't do anything in.

If they keep going like this I might just quit cause I'm sick of these money drain events that only are doable if you are a high spenders. Most their other games I played benefit high spenders, but free players can qualify, and get good cards in a similar fashion. Like in marvel war of heroes I had 5 6* cards(not the upgrades, but that would be nice here if they implemented it) without spending a penny, but none here after months of mind numbing work, and spending cash.
Back to top Go down
Rcybs

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:25 pm

My guild is aiming at the 5* reward, but some are actually happy enough with the 4* reward. I'll be pretty happy to have a 4* rather than nothing to be honest.

My guild is an semi-active one with about 4-5 members always there for the battles. The problem is most of us only have 5* and two members who are rooks only have 4*, so we have a pretty hard time trying to win battles, but we pull through somehow. We talk like good old friends and we support each other, in fact we talk to one another almost every battle so far. XD

I know for sure some players actually have Eva the 60 mil GP reward already, but I saw that they had a Guild event unit making it quite obvious on how they got her. I rather skip her since she looks quite weird and I rather not spend money on this event anymore. I will spend on the next event seeing that it will probably be better than this one.

I play other tcg apps as well and they actually give a lot of stuff out for being a free player. I haven't spend a dime on one. The other one I did, but I got some of it back as a rebate.
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:29 pm

My two cents on the current event. I believe that the fact this require to be active for around 4 and half hours (half hour to discuss strategies and placements) a day is very welcomed. Too many events are time consuming and this is perfect.

Tradelocking is there for two reasons:-

1. People cannot trade spares to alts and spam to get multiple prizes. In theory (highly unlikely), any high spender/ranker could create a team of alts and give them enough potions to burn during the event. Imagine one person getting 7 Archibalds.

2. The most important thing - to get you to spend money. Fantasica is a money making game, albeit a very expensive one. May I add that there have been many events that gave people a decent chance of getting a 6*. Pregare/Magnus/Morticia were all attainable for a free player.  

There is also the whole - the rich will get richer and the poor will have to suffer. Having your first 7* will thus increase your chances of getting another 7* and so on. This event has alot of potential and I find it better than Arena. The problem is that people could not have prepared for this so maybe the next ones people will be forming better teams to participate.
Back to top Go down
popka92

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:32 pm

My team got demolished while we were all active by a team with only one player. They made about 45 attacks in 2 minutes.

Their wallet must hurt so much right now.

It seems most of our losses now are to potion spammers. :/
My team is all free players and one of our rooks hasn't been online since joining the guild.
We're greatly spread out in timezones and I work nights so I consistently miss the first battle of the day. My team doesn't mind since it seems each member can't attend at least one battle each day because of obligations and sleep.

This event is seriously just a grab for money and it annoys me. The card packs are already outrageously expensive, this is unnecessary and quite demoralizing for free players. :/

Last edited by popka92 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:35 pm

popka92 wrote:
My team got demolished while we were all active by a team with only one player. They made about 45 attacks in 2 minutes.

On the other hand it looks like that guy seems to be good for Eva. lol.
Back to top Go down
popka92

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Hajkster wrote:
popka92 wrote:

But is Eva really worth $100+?
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:43 pm

popka92 wrote:
Hajkster wrote:
popka92 wrote:

The way eva looks like to be a rarity for now, yea, most likely. People spend 1000's for 7's.
Back to top Go down
popka92

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:33 pm

Hajkster wrote:
popka92 wrote:
Hajkster wrote:
popka92 wrote:

The way eva looks like to be a rarity for now, yea, most likely. People spend 1000's for 7's.
$1k of real money? Ouch. This is why I typically dislike micropayments in games. :/
It's hard enough for me to justify $600 for Adobe Photoshop, I can't really justify $1k for a digital card in a game on a phone that may not exist in later years.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Yeah but you can have fun without spending. My wife and I probably spend around $2 per week just get the cheap packs. We play in all the events, do the best we can, and eventually work our way up in the cards. Most of the events give tradeable TE and Pots and you just save up till you get something good.
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:55 pm

Minowara wrote:
Yeah but you can have fun without spending.  My wife and I probably spend around $2 per week just get the cheap packs.  We play in all the events, do the best we can, and eventually work our way up in the cards.  Most of the events give tradeable TE and Pots and you just save up till you get something good.
Yea im a complete free player myself. I do spend a lot of time grinding however, so thats where my resources comes from. =P
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
☆☆
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:10 pm

popka92 wrote:
Hajkster wrote:
popka92 wrote:
Hajkster wrote:
popka92 wrote:

$1k of real money? Ouch. This is why I typically dislike micropayments in games. :/
It's hard enough for me to justify $600 for Adobe Photoshop, I can't really justify $1k for a digital card in a game on a phone that may not exist in later years.
Indeed, such a mystery why anyone would to me as well... But quite evident that they do.

--------------------

At this rate of probability of wins, the 5* from this event (total ~90given out) will be rarer than the 3x 6*s given in last event combined (150, 100 and 100 given away).
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:13 pm

popka92 wrote:
Hajkster wrote:
popka92 wrote:
Hajkster wrote:
popka92 wrote:

Specially after looking at what Mobage did the The Powerful they canned it right after an event ppl spammed thousands of dollars to win, they gave us one month with the best cards... yea like anyone would bother leveling up something after getting told it was closing. Then they promised stuff in G.I.Joe to compensate, and never got it...
Back to top Go down
dantidd

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:56 am

to get 60mil GP could barely be done by a free player. but only if they already have a few maxed out six stars to attack with, 280 potions have each of there guild members rally them 2 time per battle and not have anyone defended there base. I think it is sad when it take having a six star to get a six star.
The battle so far have either very tough or one side win for my team. It seems to go every other battle. Only two where closes where we lost by not have one guild members worth of points. Those where fun battles. Still I like the other kind of team event where we worked to build up team points.
Back to top Go down
Gn0mel0ver

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:27 pm

there has got to be a way to boot inactive players. The only question I asked prospective guild mates was "can you be there for the majority of the battles?" Unsurprisingly, some people lied.

I now have only 5 in my guild who show up regularly, and no way to do anything about the dead weight. 2 members disapeared mysteriously after the very first match and haven't even logged in since and another who has been a very active ally disapeared a couple days ago. While I hope everything is okay with them in real life, There should be a vote by guild members to boot someone.

simple rule like: miss 3 matches in a row and at least 3 other members select the "boot from guild" button on the event screen... you get the boot. that seems fair to me.

Back to top Go down
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Gn0mel0ver wrote:
there has got to be a way to boot inactive players. The only question I asked prospective guild mates was "can you be there for the majority of the battles?" Unsurprisingly, some people lied.

I now have only 5 in my guild who show up regularly, and no way to do anything about the dead weight. 2 members disapeared mysteriously after the very first match and haven't even logged in since and another who has been a very active ally disapeared a couple days ago. While I hope everything is okay with them in real life, There should be a vote by guild members to boot someone.

simple rule like: miss 3 matches in a row and at least 3 other members select the "boot from guild" button on the event screen... you get the boot. that seems fair to me.

or allow the GM to quit, but nope GM's can't kick or quit a guild so I was pretty much stuck with a pile of inactives.
Last battle saw the most I think we had 3 other people on, but 2 of them only did their 1st 700 action points,and never came back. If they came back we would have easily won as we lost by 100k points...

Hell this battle only one other person besides me bothered deploying even... Just glad the opponent no one seems to be there.
Back to top Go down
Resetz

Resetz

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:40 pm

the match up to this point still not so great, especially today 1 & 2 battle.
the first one already strong and beat us badly, than one going on right now even stronger.
I am like coming on wtf
Back to top Go down
bluerexx
☆☆
bluerexx

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Personally, I am enjoying this event.

But I can see that there are many factors that can get in the way of having fun.

I was lucky that I was paired with all good guildies. There r good communications between us, and we have a good time. I am also in the est time zone, which made the schedule a bit easier to handle and arrange. And I have to applaud all those in the Asia time zone who get up in the middle of the night to play, especially my guildies.

Regarding spending, I have saved up a few pots(p) so I am spending them all here.

Before going any further, I will state I am a free player. There are time where I feel the game does force you to spend to get the better rewards. However, I am okay with that. If a free player can get a 7* with just grinding alone, spending players will find it hard to justify spending on the game. And also, I have played a few games that quickly gave out top rewards, and i also quickly lose interest in those kind of games. Fanta really makes you work for it. It felt great getting my first 6*.

I believe that it is possible to get the 6* rewards even as a free player, Fanta gives out (p) items through put events. Although you probably can't get it every event, but if you save it up for a few events, it should be possible to get those rewards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about Guild event now?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next