Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Thoughts about Guild event now?

Go down 
+46
meximan1390
lmnseason
Piggers
BkWiz
WeGotEnough
erikwinslow
Sichyras
muld0803
seanlink
sagexsdx
bluerexx
Gn0mel0ver
dantidd
Minowara
chaosbladeuk
sycovenom
ggorrell77
Caimsen
liquidleks
sg_bot
Grumpy
kalivon
AzakaZero
abuqasar
lyon186
PhantomCard
NeonC
Callanthe
GnatB
jjSpawnkill
rustyoldnail
Vaati
crunchy
Merivel
avarier
Kanata67
Sankha
ForLulzz
Rcybs
popka92
Hajkster
Abyssight
Ghost_Star
Resetz
Rinnell
Stormfeather
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormfeather

Stormfeather

Thoughts about Guild event now? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:15 am

Just wondering what everyone thinks now that we've had one round to start to learn the thing and see what it's all about.

It took me a bit to figure out what exactly was going on, even after looking through the rules. I think I've got it down now but... not in love with the Event.

I guess part of that was because our guild got totally outmatched and steamrolled for the first match (hopefully with the matchmaking system, should be closer from here on?), but part of it is that I'm already really skeptical about the schedule.

One of the good parts of mobile is that you can pretty much pick it up when/where you want, but for this, for the next however many days, they're expecting us to be playing for an hour straight, four times a day? Meh. -_- I don't wanna let my guild down, but... yeah, ugh.

Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Rinnell

Rinnell

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:25 am

I had fun participating in this. Although I kind of rushed and spent my AP early on, just to get a feel of the different kinds of things you can do during the Battle Phase, but halfway through I just took it easy and waited for the hammer to appear or attacked when my AP was almost fully restored.

I'd go back and forth from the battle to the guild wall to see how everyone was doing, encouraging everyone, talking about strategies, etc. It was an interesting experience.

I agree that it'll get tiring after a while. Seriously. 4 battles a day for a week? I think lots of people will lose the enthusiasm to play soon enough. I think it depends on your guild though. On how dedicated they are to winning and staying active and how you guys get along and such. I enjoy talking to my guild and participating with them, so I'll probably get online for every battle and help them out.

It just sucks that the GP total is based on what you get alone. It makes it that much more difficult to get Eva.
Back to top Go down
Resetz

Resetz

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 am

It was fun, but too long
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:52 am

fun long and that gp 6* is way out of reach.

and i'll say that its fun to roflol stomp the other team... i dono how much fun its gona be against a good team
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Attacking an empty team feels like a giant waste of time. Fighting an overwhelmingly better team probably isn't much fun either.

Though I expect from about the 6th fight and on, you should see teams more or less on your level. That's when the event gets interesting and intense.
Back to top Go down
Resetz

Resetz

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:16 pm

and the weekend is coming, don't think I could go out with me family and on the phone 1 hr for 4 time
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
fun long and that gp 6* is way out of reach.

and i'll say that its fun to roflol stomp the other team... i dono how much fun its gona be against a good team
My heart took a dump down into the floor after finding out GP was individual and not ... guild, yea, good bye eva, was fun not knowing you, i got highly demotivated from that. :p

Event has been somewhat fun, fun figuring everything out, which wasn't that difficult all things considered. Feels a bit long, but i used a couple of pots just to try out various things. Rally seems like a waste unless you're a rook who might get a lot out of wins. Esp if your guild members are all average when it comes to cards.

Surprisingly first team did put up some resistence.
Back to top Go down
popka92

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm not liking this event very much. :/
The matchmaking system isn't very fair. My guild only has one 6* on it and isn't maxed out in members but we got matched up with a guild that every member except their rooks had at least one 6* and their rooks had 5*.... All were present during the battle that just ended, which sadly wasn't the case for my guild. Their score was more than double ours because of it.
We had 3 people online, they had 9. It hurt. Within seconds of it even starting they were so far ahead we weren't sure it was worth even trying. I only kept at it so hard because I wanted GP awards and maybe MVP though I doubt I will ever manage that since I'm the weakest nonrook. =/

I don't expect to actually earn anything from this event... (I was actually still sleeping during the first one... Yay working nights and normally being asleep at 8 AM PST)
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:22 pm

popka92 wrote:
I'm not liking this event very much. :/
The matchmaking system isn't very fair. My guild only has one 6* on it and isn't maxed out in members but we got matched up with a guild that every member except their rooks had at least one 6* and their rooks had 5*.... All were present during the battle that just ended, which sadly wasn't the case for my guild. Their score was more than double ours because of it.
We had 3 people online, they had 9. It hurt. Within seconds of it even starting they were so far ahead we weren't sure it was worth even trying. I only kept at it so hard because I wanted GP awards and maybe MVP though I doubt I will ever manage that since I'm the weakest nonrook. =/

I don't expect to actually earn anything from this event... (I was actually still sleeping during the first one... Yay working nights and normally being asleep at 8 AM PST)
From what I can gather, almost every real team got a win from their first battle. So the second game would match you against any real team out there. You are unlucky that your opponent happens to be better. But even if you win this one, the next one is almost guaranteed to be harder and you will lose eventually.

It's only the second game so this is more of a guess. I think the match up system looks at number of wins in the guild. It can be the total number of wins among all members or the highest number of wins. They are just about as likely right now. GP points don't seem to be a significant factor. My second game was against a 4/5* guild and they should have far lower GPs to my team after game 1.
Back to top Go down
Rcybs

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:43 pm

I sorta like this event. Since the guild I was in disband, I had to join another guild. The new guild was okay and they talk a lot which I like.

The first two battles were easy as there was barely any opponents on the other team side. It was rather pathetic to say honestly. Then my third battle was hard as heck. That guild had a lot of 6* cards and they look like spenders from what I can see or at least had a lot of pots. It was not a good match up so my guild ended up losing, but we were able to grab some guild points which was better than anything. All and all we lost, but we are still going to aim high. Razz 
Back to top Go down
popka92

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:05 pm

I didn't say GP factored in, I wanted GP for the rewards. O o;

Match just ended and it was even worse of a match up but in our favor. They had two people while we had six. Though I am at work and barely participated, we trounced them worse than the other guild did us last match. Our final score was about 5x theirs. That's really painful. I don't think they tried after the first ten minutes. I felt really bad.

This event doesn't seem fair at all so far. :/ I can't really get behind it.
Back to top Go down
Rcybs

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Guild Points are easy enough to get as long as you attack or rally a member, you can still get a decent amount even attacking with just one unit gives you a decent amount. I have two members who each have one guild event unit and even then they barely get any GP. I noticed that they will gain a bit more GP, but it really comes down to the units in your deploy team that determines the amount and if you are fighting the defense or head on.

For the first match, we had everyone except for one and the other team was basically dead save for that one rook who came in late for them. The second match, we had any 6 people though the other team had only one person there which made it too easy. For the third match, we had 4 while the rest of the guild was AFK or had to go to sleep plus we had to face a guild full of 6* and 5* so we barely even made a dent. In the end, however, I noticed that they had about half the amount of total GP than what my guild put together even if my guild had 5 members.

The event was not really worth the money or time used if no one was fighting at full strength. I would have loved this event more if they had scheduled the times more effective and didn't last for 1 hour. Dear lord, that one hour made me wanted to sleep half way through the battle. Razz
Back to top Go down
ForLulzz
☆☆☆☆☆
ForLulzz

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:13 pm

The schedule of the battles seems to favor a specific time zone. I wish it was somewhat evenly spread. Also, is it true that the GP needed for eva is individual?
Back to top Go down
Rcybs

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Yes. In order to get Eva, you must gain the 60,000,000 GP on your own.

I live in the PST time zone, so I have the ability to attend all four matches.
Back to top Go down
Sankha

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:21 am

Too much focus on US timezone. In EU it's kinda hard to attend...

About the GP, it looked first that you could earn those points/rewards as a team, which is still hard to obtain. Getting 60 million on your own as a free player is not doable, been getting 500k max/battle.

Overall, quite disappointed with the event.
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:25 am

I just read a book while kinda paying attention. Time slots and hour long seem u reasonable. Isn't this the first week of college for many? Probably be more and more no shows as it progresses so the die hard 6* teams with no lives might be able to rack up a lot of individual points. Not sure if even that would be enough to get the eva
Back to top Go down
Resetz

Resetz

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:35 am

The event itself is fun.
Would be better if we have more even match and shorter battle time.
Back to top Go down
avarier

avarier

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:13 am

i don't understand why this is set up as a team event.. yet gp & victory count rewards are given individually.. what 's the point in having an event like this when teamwork doesn't even get a reward for the entire group?
Back to top Go down
Merivel

Merivel

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:22 am

While the concept of this event is cool, the reality of its implementation is horrible.

1) battles are too long and action points are positively glacial to recover

2) an inbred monkey could develop a better matching algorithm. 4* ftp team vs 7* ptw team? Brilliant.
How about starting with the average strength of the teams, then factor in wins/losses, and the margin of victory factoring in the strength of the opponent? Not only would more even matches be more fun for players, they'd be closer games which would lead to more pot use/purchasing.

3) rewards are unrealistically difficult to achieve and the low hanging ones are only good for this event.

4) lots of ppl have difficulties with the times the battles are scheduled for either due to geographic location or work/school timing. Signing up for battles offered in your preferred timeline at the time of guild creation would have fixed this issue.

5) there are 2 ways to get stuff wins and gt. if you are winning 5m to 600k (real example) you've got the battle sewn up. You can be a nice winner and stop defending so the losing team can get some gt (won't inhibit your own winnings), or you can be a douche and just keep beating the smaller guys to a bloody pulp. Apparently, Fanta has its fair share of douches.

If this event was on when I joined I probably would have quit. Still might actually.
Back to top Go down
crunchy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 5:59 am

uhmm wait do you need to get GP on your own? or you get it as a guild?
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:04 am

Regarding the same on EU timezone. The 9 PM Schedule is smackdab on my sleep period on 6 AM. I can only go for it if i don't have things to do in the morning.

And yes, they went over the Hill with the 60 million GP. Our top member in the guild, with a 6*, managed a 1,5 million with me as a rook rallying him. Assuming 24k GP victories...

you need 2500 victories over 28 battles, which is 89 wins per match, as in 1,4 VICTORIES per minute, wasting 13350 Action points (150 pts per move) per fight.

I tell you guys, whoever gets that 6* can trade it for a 7* (or even two) due to its rarity. Because nobody is going to get it without spending A FORTUNE (or half a fortune with a second player rally him up non-stop).

(Edit: If you consider 22k BP victories instead, the number of victories per battle increases to 98, which is 14700 BP used in one hour.)

(2nd Edit: i need to state that i didn't used any special unit's bonus on this calculation; it can lower the count by either helping win with its attacks, or with the extra BP it gives when assaulting a castle)

Last edited by Vaati on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
avarier

avarier

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:21 am

crunchy wrote:
uhmm wait do you need to get GP on your own? or you get it as a guild?
individually. it is NOT a group score.

Back to top Go down
crunchy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:30 am

lol thats pretty hard >< what an event
Back to top Go down
rustyoldnail

rustyoldnail

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:50 am

If you read the rules, they simply stated that matchups are determined by each teams victory count. This means the matches early on are going to vary wildly, and they will become more evenly matched as the event progresses.

My main complaint would just be that the individual GP reward requirements are absurd. Factor in that people get penalized GP-wise for defending, and the requirements are elevated to utterly absurd. bounce 
Back to top Go down
Stormfeather

Stormfeather

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm not sure how much I like the matchups like this. On the one hand, it makes it less likely we'll have totally one-sided stuff (at least in theory.)

On the other hand, it means that even if your guild is awesome and doing really well, it'll be a toss-up whether you keep winning matches, because you'll only get to fight the other guilds that are also totally awesome and doing really well. :/

(Likewise, not sure how I feel about handicaps in bowling, horseracing, etc. It's like it's not about how good you are, it's how well you do compared to your average on a particular day. Meh. Maybe that's a personal quirk.)

On a side note, anyone else start to post in a forum after playing, and find themselves wanting to type about 30 characters or less, then hit Enter?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about Guild event now?   Thoughts about Guild event now? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about Guild event now?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next