Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

I made a website for Fantasica!

Go down 
+46
toonreaper666
Dyophysite
kgst2
Vaati
aikawa86
shure
jspam2751
Tentacle Love
dalenaria
ForLulzz
nevikelmo
Wahuh
bluerexx
Grumpy
jmoon10
meximan1390
gambolice
dantidd
Aya-Sama
Bobkyou
junsuina
DatGreenTea
kfcjamal
ZucchiniQueen
SnowTempest
Jerky
asura08
Iburnq8
kenekeenken
towiwakka
Cowdero
terafirma81
KrewOwns
Happyvapor
Tattycoram
Arizirii
Nooblack
mogman
matcom
Colaleon
memphiskite
maximep94
Minarian
naturesfox
Klifey
kgst
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
kgst2

I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Updates:
- Fixed Messaging giving the error page.
- Changed comments a bit.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:46 pm

I just noticed kgst upgraded to 2.0.

Very nice, indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
jmoon10
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:18 am

I really like the messaging idea, but seems like people aren't really using it xD

Maybe remove the captcha to send out messages? Could be scaring people away possisbly.
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:09 am

jmoon10 wrote:
I really like the messaging idea, but seems like people aren't really using it xD

Maybe remove the captcha to send out messages? Could be scaring people away possisbly.
Yeah I might just have to do that and just ban people who are spamming, or add a limit to how often you can send a message or something.
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:03 am

Update:
- No more captcha for messages
- Did some work no auctions but havent uploaded changes yet.
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Updates:
- Updated current event
- Added new blood series units.
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Updates:
- card backs for new units
- worked on new bidding/auction system.
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Updates:
- More new units and pictures.
- Resarted work on a mobile layout.
- Wrote a script to help find fake/suspicious accounts.
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:17 am

Sorry haven't had much time at all to work on the site, going to try to do a lot of work on it this week now that the trade lock is over.
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Updates:
Fixed error with people sometimes not receiving emails when they get messages, even though they have an email linked to the account and email turned on. If anyone still encounters this problem please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Dyophysite

Dyophysite

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:11 pm

Just letting you know the site's unavailable at the moment in case you didn't (or i'm missing something)
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Crap sorry about that.. Site's back up. Thanks for letting me know, it doesn't alert me when the site goes over it's usage quotas.
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Updates:
Added new units and updated current event.
Changed menu bar to only show "Inbox" and "Your Profile" If you are logged in.
Back to top Go down
toonreaper666
☆☆
toonreaper666

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:37 am

Not sure if there is a bug, was trying to update a card sale, and got logged out 3 times in a row.
I have managed to log back in but thought i would let you know.
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 am

toonreaper666 wrote:
Not sure if there is a bug, was trying to update a card sale, and got logged out 3 times in a row.
I have managed to log back in but thought i would let you know.
That's weird, thanks for the heads up. I upgraded to a new server after the old one kept going down and the last few days people have been reporting problems logging in or getting logged out instantly. I am not sure if they are related or not, I will look into it.
Back to top Go down
ForLulzz
☆☆☆☆☆
ForLulzz

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Just noticed that Nyte is still named Neid. Just wanted to let you know Smile
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 9:48 am

Updated Current Event and added the new cards (still some images I couldn't find though, will have to add later).

Also Happy Thanksgiving to those of you celebrating it! Smile
Back to top Go down
mac2492

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Great site!

An easy change that would increase usability is creating a hardcoded card for 2*-5* feeders (just add a new dummy card called n* Feeder, that is). Right now anyone looking for feeders has to go through individual unit pages. Since many people consider 4* and lower feeder material, LE aside, they wouldn't be looking for specific cards.

It looks like you also have card Rarity in the database and some sort of filtering system with >= on the front page. You could easily make a filtering system for card rarity. Just put checkboxes for 1-7* and do separate = checks then "or" them all together.

Happy Black Friday! This site is great. ^^
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:49 pm

mac2492 wrote:
Great site!

An easy change that would increase usability is creating a hardcoded card for 2*-5* feeders (just add a new dummy card called n* Feeder, that is). Right now anyone looking for feeders has to go through individual unit pages. Since many people consider 4* and lower feeder material, LE aside, they wouldn't be looking for specific cards.

It looks like you also have card Rarity in the database and some sort of filtering system with >= on the front page. You could easily make a filtering system for card rarity. Just put checkboxes for 1-7* and do separate = checks then "or" them all together.

Happy Black Friday! This site is great. ^^
Thanks!

I added "3 Star Feeder" and "4 Star Feeder", I will add 2* and 5* in a few minutes.

Also I think the checkbox idea is a good one, probably won't have time today but hopefully soon I can change that up.

Other Updates:
- Added counts on the unit's page and profile pages of how many are in each category
eg: WTS (15) WTB (2), etc.
- Some layout tweaks
Back to top Go down
Merivel

Merivel

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:58 pm

I love fantasitrade! Thanks for making a great marketplace.

2 suggestions/ requests:
1 - I put my Fanta acct number in wrong, and there doesn't appear to be a way to fix it. Sad
2 - I'm glad you added a way to filter out lower cards when viewing recently posted units now! What would make this even better is a way to filter by price too (whether browsing 6* units for example or even browsing everyone selling a particular unit).
Back to top Go down
mac2492

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Wow, you rock, kgst! You even got a card image for feeders hehe. =D

@Merivel: I thought about a filter by price too, but notice that the price field is a string so players enter whatever they want. You can't just filter for numbers because people are entering different combinations of numbers and letters in different formats. There are just too many variations to check for, and changing the system to a new standard would 1) require all old listings to be updated 2) require significant thought about every possible "currency" a player might use, as to not make the system less flexible than before. Totally possible, but would require a bit of thought and effort.
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Send me a message ingame and I can fix your Fanta ID, the reason it's not changeable is to avoid people abusing it, like setting their FID to someone elses and then flaming people or making fake offers, and then changing it back, etc. but there are probably better ways to handle this, like only allowing 1 change per 24 hours or something. I'll need to look into it.

Also as for the filtering, I think it's definitely possible I just haven't had the time yet. In order to make it work in the current system I was thinking of implementing something like this:

- Search price string for "TE", if found return the place it occurs in the string.
- Create a new string of the letters up until that index.
- Trim that and convert to int.
- Select if it's between the selected range.

It wouldn't be perfect but it should work for most posts. The biggest concern I have is it might be slow and process intensive to do all this for every search.

An alternative might be to run something similar over all the existing trades to seperate them into integer and another column for the type, so "15 Pot" would get sliced into 2 columns, 15 in the int column and 'Pot' in the string column. This would hopefully get most of the old posts (though definitely not all of them). Then when people make future posts they would have a box to put in the value, and then a select menu to chose from TE, Pot, SS, etc. Possibly with a checkbox next to it for "offer" if you just want offers, or want a certain price OBO.

Again though, this will just take some time that I probably won't have for a few weeks, one thing I really want to redo is the auction system, I think it's really trash right now and needs to be reworked so the auctioneer just selects what currency they want people to bid with and then people simply place bids, with the highest one automatically going to the top. I also need to do some work on the stats, as the newer units aren't getting their battle stats filled in. I will probably have some free time during the holidays so I can put some time into these things.

Thanks for the positive feedback, glad you guys like the site Smile
Back to top Go down
Clingx

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:19 pm

there should a box for us on our profiles to leave msg or trade offers sales. Like I love the comment box but that is used for commenting
Back to top Go down
kgst2

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Just banned a few people for putting up real money posts. Selling cards for real money is not allowed on FT as it's against Fantasica TOS.

If you guys see anyone else posting for real money please be sure to report them so I can delete the trades and ban them.

Also in the good news front, a designer sent me an email offering to help with the site design and mobile layout, which could really improve the site's usability and user experience Smile
Back to top Go down
funerealspark

funerealspark

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Do you need any help filling the stats of the cards? A lot of them are empty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I made a website for Fantasica!   I made a website for Fantasica! - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I made a website for Fantasica!
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next