Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Favourite event type...

Go down 
+26
HoundR
Blargod
pnoytroi
aubade888
orionknight
Kadaan
Whenesday
bx65
Isylia
chaosbladeuk
Grimblade88
po1102
ChibiLeen
the3ptsling
rotarywhiz
Callanthe
Despoted
predator852
NotAPieceOfPie
Xzaral
Rapicell
themadmanazn
lmnseason
aszutai
Lares
myad
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

I like:
Arena
Favourite event type... I_vote_lcap47%Favourite event type... I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 95 ]
Tower
Favourite event type... I_vote_lcap21%Favourite event type... I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 42 ]
Training
Favourite event type... I_vote_lcap4%Favourite event type... I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 9 ]
I play based on timing, not event type
Favourite event type... I_vote_lcap6%Favourite event type... I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 13 ]
I play all events
Favourite event type... I_vote_lcap17%Favourite event type... I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 34 ]
Panel
Favourite event type... I_vote_lcap4%Favourite event type... I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 202

AuthorMessage
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

Favourite event type... Empty
PostSubject: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Just curious as to what event our members here prefer...

As we all know, so far, we have:
* Arena -- Form a team and beat others (as well as the game)
* Tower -- Go up and up and up...
* Training -- Kill monsters in Quests for BT
* Panel -- Kill monsters from Quests and special Quests. Unlock panels that everyone gets.

Reason I'm asking is partly because having played Fantasica since the first event Mina's Trial... I'm getting a bit tired. I need some play-life balance. Fantasica is just taking too much time... <-- based on my playing style.

So, I figured good to know what people like... and don't. And maybe I'll play based on event type <-- the least popular one, so i have a chance of getting good rank.

I know some actually don't go by event type, but rather by the timing... Like preferring to avoid holiday events, etc...

Then of course there are some that play ALL events regardless of type and timing...

Maybe 1-2 weeks later, we can have another poll to see if the 'favourite' event type has shifted. Coz maybe there will be others like me who will wanna change their event focus based on this poll result... But do bear in mind... The number of members here do not represent actual game demographics.

Note on the poll:
* multiple choices allowed
* no vote cancelling

Last edited by myad on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lares

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Didn't you forgot the Panel Event Type?
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:52 pm

dang... knew i forgot something... shucks, i hope changing the poll option won't reset it...

dang, can't change the poll options...
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:05 pm

I generally get decent rankings on Arena events since there's Te/Pot rewards, not to mention the market is usually more active as well since people actually have te to trade with. So yea, I like them XD

Although the events I compete in is another story, generally I pick them based on rewards I want vs competition level of the event.
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Arena = TE

I can also sell some cards for higher prices.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Added panel to the poll, and voted.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:46 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Added panel to the poll, and voted.
thank you... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:48 pm

from what it would seem... arena is where we see lots of participation... and i guess... fighting for spots.

surprisingly... only 1 vote for tower. yet... i can see everyone says they are having a tough time gaining ranks in the current tower event.
Back to top Go down
Rapicell

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:56 pm

I prefer arena, panel is nice too since I can just "enter" and get some prizes and not have to do anything else.
Back to top Go down
Xzaral
☆☆
Xzaral

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 pm

Tower and Training events are by far my least two favorite event types. By far.

Tower events you get to use one of your units. One. And odds are it'll be a series unit if you want to compete. I despise this approach.

Training events are similar since you're lead has to be the current series unit as well. And the same issue that usually you get to use one of your units, though you at least get to select that one. But all your allies will be the stupid current series unit, so you get them shoved down your throat even more.

With Arena you get to make a team of your favorites. Even the 100 DC cap makes it nice in that you have to pick and choose who to field. Why collect a bunch of units if you don't get to use them, and here you do! I don't like the need to field current series units, though at least it's not a BT bonus.

Panel events, it's the same ole quest grinding, but at least you get to field 4 of your units (well, probably 4 since everyone's doing the same quest, lol).
Back to top Go down
NotAPieceOfPie
☆☆
NotAPieceOfPie

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Arena is my absolute favorite. It's great seeing your favorite units actually doing stuff and not abusing an event unit that hogs EXP, space, etc. Prizes are great, free TE/Potions, so many reasons not to hate arena events.

Tower is a second favorite. Of course, you have to be very reliant on your allies and abuse an event unit, but I enjoy it since it involves the tower defense gameplay that was the main reason why I loved Fantasica in the first place.

Training, I absolutely hate. So dependent on luck, bosses that become impossible to beat, gimmicky use of requesting help, pretty terrible if you ask me.

Panel is very boring, grinding and grinding in the same quest, but at least you can train units and get free stuff.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:17 pm

Tower FTW!
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 pm

Arena events are my favorite and great because it has a bit of everything. From the rage inducing randomness of training events through PvE...damn you Nils, you asshole. To predictable monotonous crawl of tower and training events through PvP. It also allows you to be creative and use strategy in coming up with a team. Of course, there is no greater joy than beating a seemingly stronger team with a well crafted team...especially a forum member's, because gloating then would be much more satisfying. Arena events are great for free players because there is more to do with PvE and PvP and prizes are better than other than other events.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:38 pm

NotAPieceOfPie wrote:
Tower is a second favorite. Of course, you have to be very reliant on your allies and abuse an event unit, but I enjoy it since it involves the tower defense gameplay that was the main reason why I loved Fantasica in the first place.
but i have to say... almost always, the TD portion of Fantasica is a no brainer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆
Callanthe

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:45 pm

I like tower so far because you don't have to be terribly active--tower is free exp and gives decent rewards and cool units Very Happy

With my first arena event coming up though, I'll have to see if it's as fun as everyone claims it is :X
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Callanthe wrote:
I like tower so far because you don't have to be terribly active--tower is free exp and gives decent rewards and cool units Very Happy

With my first arena event coming up though, I'll have to see if it's as fun as everyone claims it is :X

The arena is honestly a blast, it's fun and adds the most diversity to gameplay of all the event types we have gotten so far.

I havent really figured out why I like the tower events more...they're just so cool!
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 pm

for me... ya, i kinda like Arena. like many said... you really get to utilise most of your units. you have to plan and make the best out of what you have: 100DC, type of skills, etc...

i also kinda like training... not for the prize, but rather... it does not require you to check your phone every 10 mins...

Back to top Go down
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆
rotarywhiz

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:37 am

Arena Events are by far the best mostly because you can get TE and pots, Second is Tower because you can get nice monsters and also gives newer players the chance to get a 5* monster that they can recruit. Panel is third just because you can get a 4* and don't have to do anything if you don't want to, plus you can upgrade units easier with the panel rewards. Training is by far the least favorite event for most people, I think its because of the complete random nature of it and although you only have to play once every 30mins its still the worst event.

Last edited by rotarywhiz on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the3ptsling

the3ptsling

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:33 am

I voted for training because the only thing i do in that event type is die on purpose. Why would that be fun? I get get to come up with clever phrases to let my allies know i got my ass beat.lol
I TAKE ONE FOR THE TEEEAAAMMMM.

For real though i voted tower......

Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:31 am

hmmm... so far, each time i check poll results...

tower and training seems to have the same number of votes... weird.
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:56 am

I like all events, and participate in all of them. I can't really compete, of course, I haven't the resources for that (not yet, at least Razz).

If I had to pick one, though, I'd go with the Arena. I absolutely love the tactical aspect of it, assembling a team is very, very fun. Also, it has the best variety in terms of prizes. I do dislike the randomness of boss encounters though - and any luck-based aspects of events in general - but it's not as bad as during Training events.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:59 am

People always complain about how expensive 6* is yet they hate events that give you a chance to get 6* without competition. What...? scratch

inb4 it's too hard, taking so much time, etc...
Back to top Go down
Grimblade88
Gravedigger [Retired]
Grimblade88

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:14 am

po1102 wrote:
People always complain about how expensive 6* is yet they hate events that give you a chance to get 6* without competition. What...? scratch

I think it's more that panel events are just not fun. They are simply doing the same quests that you have already done (25-3) endless times till your eyes bleed. Razz

I enjoy the arena events the most, but the panel events the least.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:24 am

Grimblade88 wrote:
po1102 wrote:

I think it's more that panel events are just not fun. They are simply doing the same quests that you have already done (25-3) endless times till your eyes bleed. Razz

I enjoy the arena events the most, but the panel events the least.

I count training event too Razz

Like I have said to many others, gather pots now and get the non-ranked 6* while it's still only 100k. All non-ranked 6* in training events are good.

P/s: I didn't look at the screen the entire time I grinded, so my eyes didn't bleed Razz
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:39 am

I think the majority of us agree that Arena is by far the most popular events. There is no other event that you can rack up prizes for a fixed BT/Victory Count wins over and over. If any event had that function like a tower when every 15k points you get TE/Pots, it will be popular.
I don't really like training events, as they all luck based (although it does give uses to potions).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite event type...   Favourite event type... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite event type...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next