Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Favorite Unit/Skill Type

Go down 
+10
KuroStar
jennzsmile
Esofonic
Soggytoaster
Arasuki
HoundR
Lornoth
Demonsl
LivingNexus
SonicAria
14 posters

What's your favorite Unit/Skill type?
Melee
Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_lcap25%Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 32 ]
Magic
Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_lcap5%Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 6 ]
Missile
Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_lcap12%Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 16 ]
Slow
Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_lcap12%Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 16 ]
Knockback
Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_lcap30%Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 39 ]
Poison
Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_lcap11%Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 14 ]
Area Attack
Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_lcap5%Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 129

AuthorMessage
SonicAria
☆☆☆☆
SonicAria

Favorite Unit/Skill Type Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Well, this came to mind when I was looking at future units that I'd like and I noticed that I tend to gravitate to certain types of units. So, I wanted to make this thread to see what others prefer as well and which is the most popular or most hated :bwahahaha:. Post, comment, make a dirty joke, or just enjoy the ride.

For me, I definitely like me my poison units and don't like AoE units that much. I just go meh when I see one Sad I'm pretty even on Melee/Magic/Missile. Though looking through my units I have a lack of melee but that's more for looks than usefulness.

Quote :
Note - Attack Boost wasn't added to skills since the number of units with this skill is small.
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:38 pm

I like knockback, because it pushes enemies back into the kill-box. Strategy-wise, though, I always try to use a balance of each skill, with preference given to stronger units, of course. But all things being equal, I'd prefer to have at least one unit of each skill deployed in every battle.

I don't pay much attention to whether a unit is melee/magic/ranged, but I like swords, so those characters are more appealing to me. If I had a strong melee unit with a katana, I'd be using him/her.
Back to top Go down
Demonsl

Demonsl

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:06 pm

I favor AoE and Knockbacks:

My tactics are Knockbacks on the end[Ends if enemies come from both directions] and AoEs at the front[or middle if enemies come from both directions].
I don't pick and choose "Melee/Range/Mage" honestly. Whatever the enemy is weak against, I balance myself with all three types, so I'm always prepared. I favor Melee/close combat in all games I play, but not this game.

Poison I dislike personally. I feel like it doesn't help in Higher HP enemy situations, but that's just my opinion.

Slow gives quite an advantage with Knockback/AoE.

Attack Boost... I can't judge because I haven't used that. Yet.
Back to top Go down
http://tinyurl.com/az629sz
Lornoth
☆☆☆☆
Lornoth

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:59 pm

As far as unit type i pick my targeted units centered completely around arena. For this reason Melee are the units i usually hunt after. Which is unfortunate because the "warrior" is usually my least favorite class in games.

As for abilities Slow is my favorite far and above. Abilities like Slow are definitely my staple in video games, The best Offense is a good Defense and all that. Though KB is a close runner up.
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:57 pm

I guess I like what most people do, since I voted for the most popular ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arasuki

Arasuki

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:50 am

i always keep in mind the notion of a kill zone where poison at the front wears them down, then comes the killzone with AoE + fast unit slow to keep the mob slowed and crippled. the KB's are the backbone however because any unit that gets out of the killzone is essentially safe. and a safe mob in a perfectionist game (100% or fail) is bad news.

so it's KB for me. either fast melee or med speed ranged.
Back to top Go down
http://mikanstorm.blogspot.com
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:16 am

Missile units with slow effects are my favorite.
A well placed team with a long ranged slow unit
plus a fast melee knockback unit works great!
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 am

Personally I like Slow and Knockback together, no matter what unit type it is..

I just love those mobs getting slowed and pushed back over and over until they met their demise...

Mwahahahaha... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jennzsmile

jennzsmile

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:20 am

I'm still kind of new, but I definitely like the Knockback/Slow combination as well >:)

As far as unit type goes, I'd probably say Missile, even though I seem to mainly be using Magic and Melee...
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:54 am

KNOCKBACKS!
Back to top Go down
Reikr

Reikr

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:20 pm

For skill I definitly enjoy the slow knockback combo.
I have always preferred the fast units over slow ones, so I've been drawn towards melee alot. Why must every magic type have D speed? -.-
Not to mention I love the martial artist type characters, but sadly there are not really any martial artist cards yet.

On that note, there are two cards im really looking forward to, who are both A and B speed, got knockback and slow and are martial artists Very Happy
Wish we could just get the cards already released in japan right now...
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm

I threw Melee+ AA up there. Idk why but I'm really fond of the melee units and their art. As for AA, I think it gets a bad rep, but on most of the quests/floors tht really mean anything competition wise, KB and Slow burn out as a bunch of huge HP+resistance monsters try to slide through.

As Duy's defense has shown us, you don't really have a chance at the highest tier of competition w/out AA, although at the second highest tier KB+slow win.

All that being said, the thing I love most about AA is the little explosion animation!
Back to top Go down
fyee99

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:22 pm

I always use poison missile as the first unit, and combination of slow+knockback.

KNOCKBACK with high attack speed is my favourite.
Back to top Go down
RisingKuuga

RisingKuuga

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 7:20 am

I've had a huge focus on Slow and Poison, and it's worked for me (combined with good allies) for about through Chapter 24 or so, but... I'm really thinking I need to go back to good old Knockback. Maybe even combine it with what I'm already doing.

For unit types though, I think they're all good. So long as the card has good stats and looks nice, I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Unit/Skill Type   Favorite Unit/Skill Type I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Unit/Skill Type
Page 1 of 1