Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Are Auctions safe?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ceres

Are Auctions safe? Empty
PostSubject: Are Auctions safe?   Are Auctions safe? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Well i have a second question, i was thinking about trying some auctions to get some new Units and P/Te, but for a fair amount and not at the highest price.
How do i realize a scammer in the internet when it comes to shop likes this and those kind of auctions?
How do i know when i make bargains with an real merchant with fair conditions and when do i know he/she is starting to try to rip me off?
The last auction i was invited to was this: 3 Goddess for an 4* and a surprise, but nobodys was telling you what kind of surprise that would be, i want to hear as many opnions as possible for this so called auctions before i try my luck.
I am a little wary, when hearing about auctions like this.
So tell me your experience about auctions and also recomand me 1-2 good merchants please.
I heard about Scammers when it comes to the album but thats about it, it dont know that much how to  identify a scammer or Fake Accounts.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

Are Auctions safe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Auctions safe?   Are Auctions safe? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:22 pm

That doesn't sound like an auction, more like a lottery. And yes, lotteries are easily fakeable so never trust them.

Auctions in fanta are held in game, and are those where players bid an ammount they find reasonable for the auctioned unit (never a surprise unit lol). The highest bidder has to buy the unit for the bidded price/the auctioner has the obligation to sell to highest bid during auction as well (no excuse to say "sorry i found someone paying more" or whatever). Those are not scams.

What you describe is more like a scam and sound nuts to trust them. Sound like someone is trying to get rid of 4* and probably "surprise" 3*, and get godesses for them (who are pretty much more worthy actually).
Back to top Go down
Ceres

Are Auctions safe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Auctions safe?   Are Auctions safe? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Aniwo wrote:
That doesn't sound like an auction, more like a lottery. And yes, lotteries are easily fakeable so never trust them.

Auctions in fanta are held in game, and are those where players bid an ammount they find reasonable for the auctioned unit (never a surprise unit lol). The highest bidder has to buy the unit for the bidded price/the auctioner has the obligation to sell to highest bid during auction as well (no excuse to say "sorry i found someone paying more" or whatever). Those are not scams.

What you describe is more like a scam and sound nuts to trust them. Sound like someone is trying to get rid of 4* and probably "surprise" 3*, and get godesses for them (who are pretty much more worthy actually).

Another ally warned me of it, so if now a second is warning me i am glad i didnt try it.
But still if soemone knows some trusted Merchants with fair pricess plz post the link. Smile 
I dont want to invest much, but if do i want to get sure, that 7* or 6* that i am buying that i really get those cards, and that i will not to be hacked in the future.
I change my Pw from time to time, just to be safe, but is this enough to be safe?
I mean a Keylogger can figure out any password?
I wish Fantasic would provide us more saftey, i kinda began to love that game very much, i dont want to loose my units, escpially not my 6* 5* because it took some time to get them. Sad
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

Are Auctions safe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Auctions safe?   Are Auctions safe? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Auctions pop up all of the time. Legitimate ones.

Go to any event page and then go to "Rankings." Click any of the top 10 rankers.

They will have a scheduled auction almost daily. Those players are typically 100% trustworthy. Some scammers do attempt to bid, but there's a watchlist on this forum that lists them (Stephanietran is a convicted scammer and tries to offer discount trades to bidders while the auction is ongoing.) There are others.

By and large, if it's one of the top 10-50 rankers holding an auction, you can rest assured.

Just don't bid higher than you want. There will always be another later.

Good example - player came into chat fielding offers for his lvl 1 Faust. I pitched him 15, he declined hoping for 20+. He then held an auction 10 minutes later. Bought the Faust for only 11, and there were only 2 bids for it. Never trust listed values. Just bid what you can afford and walk away if it exceeds your budget. There will ALWAYS be a next time and it will likely be even cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Are Auctions safe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are Auctions safe?   Are Auctions safe? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Auctions safe?
Page 1 of 1