Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

FreeT Players On Tower Events

Go down 
+15
Callanthe
Tattycoram
masta518
Mahjongisfun
RoyalGargoyle
Kimika9394
skrfirefly
po1102
ATB
rotarywhiz
memphiskite
bells
Ckrai
Ghost_Star
lmnseason
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

FreeT Players On Tower Events Empty
PostSubject: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 am

It seems to be the only event now that a free player can kick a paying player's ass. lol!

I used to believe so but right now, let's see what kind of changes they are making to make it more favorable to people paying.

Right now, panel events and tower are the only good events. If tower gets too ridiculous for free players, I don't know why I'm still spending time on this game but I'm not the maker so SS got their own right to do whatever with their business.

If we are not here for the events, what other fun things can we do still?

If you want 5* and 6* cards, you have to gamble a load of cash.
To get ahead from events, you need to pay the price.

The only thing free now is grinding and training.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

I think the Arena events are on par with the Towers. Both of these events are basically te burns, although the large pots on the pve side of arenas give quite a big advantage to wallet warriors but they can be traded so a well off free player can easily rank.

Panel events are the worse in my opinion, boring and heavily favored to the paying players. At least with towers and arenas your getting something new in each match/level.

I would say panels and trainings are heavily favored to payers and arena / towers have a more level playing field.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
I think the Arena events are on par with the Towers. Both of these events are basically te burns, although the large pots on the pve side of arenas give quite a big advantage to wallet warriors but they can be traded so a well off free player can easily rank.

Panel events are the worse in my opinion, boring and heavily favored to the paying players. At least with towers and arenas your getting something new in each match/level.

I would say panels and trainings are heavily favored to payers and arena / towers have a more level playing field.

I just mentioned panel event due to the exp bonus. I don't really rank on the event. Tower event is better for me since it's a lot easier to rank without TE use. The 10 mins gap really is a good time that I have time to on my phone while working and it's less hassle vs arena. I still love the free 4* from arena events tho.
Back to top Go down
Ckrai
☆☆☆☆
Ckrai

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 am

lmnseason wrote:
It seems to be the only event now that a free player can kick a paying player's ass. lol!

I used to believe so but right now, let's see what kind of changes they are making to make it more favorable to people paying.

Right now, panel events and tower are the only good events. If tower gets too ridiculous for free players, I don't know why I'm still spending time on this game but I'm not the maker so SS got their own right to do whatever with their business.

Always pay to win.

Panel: Pay to gain tickets for special event
Training: Pay for spikes to gain more event point and BT point
Arena: Pay for TE and special unit to gain advantage
Tower: Pay for TE and special unit to gain advantage
Valentine Event: Pay for flower/star to win

For tower..having an event 6* is a basic requirement to win rank reward...
Quite a huge difference for event 5* and 6* to gain BT point..
Already not talking about how many TE needa consume..

I don't trust ppl said win the price without payment.
They may pay in one account and transfer to another only..
This game cannot win without paying.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:23 am

Ckrai wrote:
lmnseason wrote:

Always pay to win.

I never hope for top 200. I'm already happy around 500-600 but would go higher rank if I got the time.
Back to top Go down
Ckrai
☆☆☆☆
Ckrai

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:27 am

lmnseason wrote:

I never hope for top 200. I'm already happy around 500-600 but would go higher rank if I got the time.

Good luck Smile
If so..it is achievable for every event.
With the scarifice of your health Smile
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:35 am

Ckrai wrote:
lmnseason wrote:

Good luck Smile
If so..it is achievable for every event.
With the scarifice of your health Smile
That's why I'm sticking around 500-600 since it doesn't take a lot of effort to get there for me. It's just the free time I have as an advantage for being able to play at work. For me, this is only achievable on tower events due to all my allies are active 6*. Even when work is too busy, I'll just go around top 700 since a lot of people don't even put any effort on that area.
Back to top Go down
bells

bells

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:08 pm

On tower events, an event 6* holds too much advantage over an event 4* or 5*. Last tower I had an event 4*, and did not break into top 800. The next one, looks like I have to trade up to an event 5* and grind like hell to see where I end up. Still doubt I can break top 200 though.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 4:44 pm

bells wrote:
On tower events, an event 6* holds too much advantage over an event 4* or 5*. Last tower I had an event 4*, and did not break into top 800. The next one, looks like I have to trade up to an event 5* and grind like hell to see where I end up. Still doubt I can break top 200 though.
I was on top 600 with a 4*. I also missed 2 days. People just don't have the time if you got school or work. As for me, being a jr manager at work, I don't worry much about time. lots of people on the top 800 dont even have event units. They just make up with their free time.
Back to top Go down
bells

bells

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:34 pm

The only Tower event I played was Valhalla. Thinking back, I didn't have a single 5* card yet. Maybe that's why I did't place too well. Bosses took too much time to take down, lol.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:10 pm

bells wrote:
The only Tower event I played was Valhalla. Thinking back, I didn't have a single 5* card yet. Maybe that's why I did't place too well. Bosses took too much time to take down, lol.

Oh yeah, I remember having just 4*s & 1 5* and trying to take down the bosses in my earlier days of past tower events.

Now that I have a nice selection of 6*s and allies, every event (except training) feels kinda easy now, that you're mostly just trying to gain points instead of playing with strategies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆
rotarywhiz

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:42 pm

The order in which events I like the most are,
Arena,
Panel,
Tower,
Training,
and I really didn't care for the valentines event because there was only one other person trying besides me and I had double their BT points.
Back to top Go down
ATB
☆☆☆
ATB

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:54 pm

I love tower events.
Lets me max special unit to sell for TE and sell those for more TE.
I can actually rank top 200 in those without paying money and burning maybe 40TE.
I have been waking up early so I am on before west coast people can play and rank up accordingly.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Ckrai wrote:

I know ppl who have won ranked 5* in tower event with just event 4*. And it's not like you couldn't trade for event 5* or 6*, especially event 5*, they're dirt cheap.

I have won many ranked 5* completely free myself. Feel free to doubt me though.
Back to top Go down
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:23 am

Ckrai wrote:
lmnseason wrote:

Always pay to win.

I didnt spend a single cent on Team event and unlocked all rewards if only my team mates donate 50% of the flowers i gave we could have ranked top 150 ~ 200
Back to top Go down
Kimika9394

Kimika9394

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:55 am

Ckrai wrote:

Always pay to win.

Uuugh I am so gonna be a party pooper here or a bad guy... but here's what I've experienced or witnessed ect during the past 2 months...

first off, I am a n00b in this game and I've been playing it for almost 2 months now... (since the end of Academy)

Okay, first of all, I have no rights whatsoever to talk about 6* since my first 6* was a donation lol...

Despite that fact, I currently have: 2 6* (Mata/Petra) and 9 5*... (Zhou/Kyo/Aquila/Barb/Sleip/Hal/Dr.Reamy/Dermond/Sonia)

As a free player myself I haven't won any Events so far but here is what I can say from the point where I stand...

First: The winner of the Valentine Event was RoyalGargoyle and his Team, all of them are free players and they've won through effort, 2 of them were n00bs so yeah... that one definitely doesn't work as a "oh they spent cash to win" argument...

Second: I expect that the usage of TE and POT are allowed when they are obtained in form of rewards yes? If yes, I would like to briefly summarize my achievements here for people to see what a free player can achieve in 2 months.

Last Day of Academy: Got a free Olga, thanks everyone who were attending to it!

Mina Tutorial: I pulled a Sheryl from a Premium Pack, yes, I guess I was lucky there No

Soul Hunter Vengeance: A disaster, I only had a Sheryl back then and was NOT a Forum member at that time, so, my allies were kinda... well, not all too active... it ended with a Cleves and I was happy, know your place as a free player I told myself, though I was kinda wishing for Seymour and Anne... didn't happen lol

Soul Hunter Vengeance Recruitment: Joined this forum and Collected SSS at this point and sold them; sold 4* Maxes and got an Ater

Mina: This was HELL, though in the process I managed to finish it, and my team grew to Sheryl/Ater/Kyo/Zhou

Flowers: I got my Petra donation here, ... ended up in a bad team but did 77k points myself... and that for, got lots of TE

Pre-Arena: 2 days time, spent all my TE on a fresh Sleip and Max Barb, lost Ater due to this...

Arena: Thanks to my awesome allies I managed to finish this with Reamy (Rank 2??) and Hal (Rank 68)
TE Spent: 6 TE(p) on the Dr.Reamy Side since I just didn't want to risk anything... grinding time 20/7

Sol-Lune: I grinded 17/7 here... got Mata and had 18 hrs spare to relax... didn't care about rank...

Currently: traded Sheryl for Aquila... Rank 502... 8621 Elf Charms, working daily on projects and stuff...
Spent: 6 POT(p), 0 Spikes

yeah and that's kinda my current situation... I guess

So yeah, did I win an event so far? nope, I guess not...

Did I win some prizes? Definitely!

So yeah... I really don't know why people keep whining about being a free player and being so powerless... Razz

Guess this post now made me a bad guy? Fine then, I'll be the bad guy xD drunken

Last edited by Kimika9394 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RoyalGargoyle
☆☆☆
RoyalGargoyle

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:57 am

Star maiden event pay to win? Probably one of the only events where most of the top ranking teams were made up of active free players. Paying players with an inactive team could impossibly beat an all active free player team. Well ofcourse it's possible if they spend a bit more, but for an event with a not so good rank reward why bother then?

I have more things to say but I'm pretty sick and tired of all the whining free players.
There are now several threads all about the same thing free players who whine this game it too hard.
And it's not so hard to win rank reward 5* I know many free players including me who got hal and reamy, who got free 5* in panel events and don't forget the free 6* matahari.

If you don't have money u need a lot of time.
If u don't have a lot of time either and keep whining how hard it is go play another game.

EDIT: oh hai kimi!!! She's one of my freeplaying friends who kicks ass Very Happy

Last edited by RoyalGargoyle on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mahjongisfun

Mahjongisfun

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:34 am

As what RoyalGargoyle and Kimika9394 said before as a free player it is harder to compete with paying customers. However it does not mean it is impossible.

I will admit that I did spend cash on this game because i enjoy it to throw a few dollars into the game. Don't get me wrong though, most of the time I am playing as a free player. You may think that I am a hypocrite for saying I'm a free player but I spend money on this game, but I did it support this game (and it was mostly in Soul Hunter 2, in which i didn't active compete in because I just wanted to buy the Step up to try for Ceil but failed :[ )

Starting this game off, I did not know what I gotten into. I had no idea what event were nor did i really pay attention at all (Back during Amazon Event). I was still into Deity Wars and Rage of Bahamut because some of my friends were playing. I downloaded Fantasica because of the Final Fantasy Sucker Ad. I took my time enjoy and learning about the game, playing casually until the Christmas Event. I realized that I have grown on this game and found this wonderful website in which I met some of my allies.

Now that I'm done talking about the boring introduction let get on to the real deal. As free players, don't expect high end results just because it was advertise as a free game. People who pay will get the better end of the stick but that does not mean free player can not win. As a free player you must delicate yourself into trying if you want to succeed.

For example:

School's Out Event: I knew that there was going to be a free 5* in this event. Now at 800k bt it seems impossible but I was on Spring break at the time. It was a chance for me to see how much time i am willing to dedicate on this game. I ended the event further than expected because I had allies who motivated me to continue to try for Winston even though I might not make it. In the end the hard work paid off and I gotten Winston.

When I realized I wanted to be active, I started out giving referral to get a try to get a 5*. I knew that Fiona was a bad 5* but it was something I worked with. When the 4*+ ticket first got release, I pulled a Patrica. Looking at my inventory, I had 2 5*s and being playing for almost 3 months. Didn't give up and traded Fiona and some Te for Joa. Gotten the event prizes and had 4 5*s instead of 2.

Last Panel Event: This was a goal I accomplished just like Kimi and Garg by pure grinding. I knew that I could make it but the timing is slim. I had scored around 2.1m bt during School's Out but that was before school had started. I knew I had less time, a slim chance but a doable one with a set goal in mind. With my chatbox buddies, I have gotten my first 6* even though there was around 1k of here. It mean a lot to me just like how people work for their first 6*, I grinded 17-18hrs a day (even in class) for this goal.

Future of the game?

I am not sure with the recent market crashes but if your actively playing, then it should not seem to bad. People may complain that people want te in trades and that is normal since we have a shortage at the moment. Don't fret because you can't buy cards with no te and can't sell for te. The market is changing and people must learn to adapt. I have a goal of getting Ethereal and be damn that is a crazy goal since she is 8k te pure. With the market now I will have to try harder now but I will make it happen.

For my last thoughts I would like to say, even though it sucks now and many people will quit, I am staying because I enjoy playing this game with my friends and no matter what come at us, we shall fight it together.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 9:29 am

I honestly don't think the game is hard. The only thing about it is how it became centralized on making every awards strictly not for trade anymore as it used to. In every events, getting the 4* cards are the only thing worth getting. I wish even 1 or 2 tradeable TE or POT becomes available. If not, trading event m4* is still cool for me. Not sure how we can use them to uptrade but we will probably find a way.

The bonus worth collecting are the 4*+ tickets. Even if you don't get TE or POT, the tickets pretty much make up for it with a chance of 5* or 6*.

I have quite a bit of TE(p) and just saving them for an event when I get a vacation.

Tower and panel go hand in hand for people like me building a defense. The fun is centralized by being competitive in building one. It's rather motivating than events and it keeps my brain occupied since I stopped flipping cards due to market change.
Back to top Go down
Ckrai
☆☆☆☆
Ckrai

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 9:59 am

Sorry for that..I still think Valentine event is a pay-to-win game.
U gain lot of flower from pack.
Even your teammates donate nothing, you can still have an absolute advantage from buying pack.

Why can free player win last valentine game?
I think it is because the price is not worth to pay...a 5* with an old style art
If the rank price is V.Day Diana, I bet it would become much much more competitive and be no room for free player to win.
You need to understand payer would still spend their time for ranking even they pay for advantage already.
Also, they will pay more for last minutes rush, and it makes much harder for a free player to compete even with TE/potion.

Free player still can win the game, but needa prepare tons of TE and potion, and with plenty of time in the event.
I am not trying to discourage free player.
But I really think fantasica is an absolute pay-to-win game.
U pay, u win.
U don't pay, then put all your best effort, and try your luck.

Last edited by Ckrai on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:04 am

Yeah, I think Valentine is definitely P2W. The only reason why some high ranking teams were F2P was because not a lot of people dropped money (since like you guys say, rewards were bad xD). If they did though, the bouquets gotten from the packs would be just like spikes or sun tickets - give huge boosts to BT or whatever point system is used and easily outranked free player.

I'm sure that even a 5 player active team in Valentine won't beat a single guy who grinds and throws down $4000+ (like for V. Diana xD).
Back to top Go down
Ckrai
☆☆☆☆
Ckrai

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 am

masta518 wrote:
Yeah, I think Valentine is definitely P2W. The only reason why some high ranking teams were F2P was because not a lot of people dropped money (since like you guys say, rewards were bad xD). If they did though, the bouquets gotten from the packs would be just like spikes or sun tickets - give huge boosts to BT or whatever point system is used and easily outranked free player.

I'm sure that even a 5 player active team in Valentine won't beat a single guy who grinds and throws down $4000+ (like for V. Diana xD).

I remember 110 flower from a 3000 fanta pt pack.
USD 100 for 11000 pt
USD 300 for 33000 pt = 11pack = 1210 flower

And for Diana, u needa spend at least USD2100
That means payer would have 1210 x 7 flower = 8470 flowers.

How could a free player get 8470 flower from quest in 7 days?
You still need to remember payer will still play quest for flower like free player and USD2100 is a minimum charge for a payer to win. They will keep paying until they beat you.
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:22 am

Ckrai wrote:
masta518 wrote:

I remember 110 flower from a 3000 fanta pt pack.
USD 100 for 11000 pt
USD 300 for 33000 pt = 11pack = 1210 flower

And for Diana, u needa spend at least USD2100
That means payer would have 1210 x 7 flower = 8470 flowers.

How could a free player get 8470 flower from quest in 7 days?
You still need to remember payer will still play quest for flower like free player and USD2100 is a minimum charge for a payer to win.
\

I dun remember since that was near midterm week and everything was hazy (xDD), but I think that I got 19k BT in total from grinding fairly consistently 8hr a day during the whole event period. I guess if u guys do more, it's possible to maybe breach 200 rank. I can't remember the cut-off that was posted...? Iunno, just doesn't seem likely if it was competitive just like other events for even dedicated free group to rank high...
Back to top Go down
RoyalGargoyle
☆☆☆
RoyalGargoyle

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:26 pm

so u say star maiden WOULD be pay2win if there were better rewards? BUT face reality it was not the case, there were no good rewards so freeplayer teams won the event.

And why not be happy freeplayers won the event? It's like you want paying players to win so you can complain more.
Back to top Go down
Ckrai
☆☆☆☆
Ckrai

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:31 pm

RoyalGargoyle wrote:
so u say star maiden WOULD be pay2win if there were better rewards? BUT face reality it was not the case, there were no good rewards so freeplayer teams won the event.

And why not be happy freeplayers won the event? It's like you want paying players to win so you can complain more.

No, no.
I am glad freeplayer won the event.
Also, I am not blaming any paying player nor freeplayer.
Both of them paid their effort and resources for their own benefit, it is great.

I just wanna state out the truth that valentine event is a pay2win event.

Maybe, what I wanna blame is mobage only.
Cos a good game should make all players have chance to win the event, which makes the game challenging and exciting to all event participant.
Paying should only have some influence on the result, but not to dominate the result like current situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FreeT Players On Tower Events
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next