Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

About the Top Ten in Events

Go down 
+6
Tattycoram
sGabe4
memphiskite
neozh3
reyrey
Nooblack
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Nooblack
☆☆☆☆
Nooblack

About the Top Ten in Events Empty
PostSubject: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:41 am

was there ever a time where a player did not spend ANY money to reach top ten and REMAIN there til the end of an event? no, hacking is out of the question
Back to top Go down
reyrey

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:36 am

I doubt it
Back to top Go down
neozh3

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:48 am

yeah, its not possible
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:55 am

People with money will always overtake those who hoard TE/pots, who will overtake other players.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 am

maybe during the very first events?
IDK
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:44 am

No. This is a pay-to-win game. You can be a free player, or a really cheap player, or be like me and spend something but not nearly enough to win, and you can set goals for yourself and have fun, and rank occasionally in the top 100, 200, 500 etc to get something you want, if you are strategic with your resources after you build up your net worth a bit.

But MAYBE with exception of Battle Arena I don't think you can be a free player and ever be in top 10 in the way you describe (get there early and hold it, or end up there as a final rank). And I'm not even sure about Battle Arena.

That's not to say that the game isn't fun and that free players can't do well, but I agree with kite, paying players will always overtake, and it seems like there are at least 10 big spenders each event.

Editing to say that Gabe might be right about the possibility of a very early event before there were a lot of players. I didn't start until late December so I'm only speaking to my own observations since then.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/10/30/nyregion/where-the-one-percent-fit-in-the-hierarchy-of-income.html
Back to top Go down
xmach
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:37 am

I imagine if someone saved up 1-2k TE or Pots and grinded hard they could rank? 6 mil BT right now gets you into top 10. I make 200-300k BT a day without burning POTS now and can still solo all but a few bosses where I need to call 1-2 allies to finish off. I also didn't level up bosses in first phase much and did too many lilliths, only had a 5* until Magnus get on sunday so I think with pre-planning, selling TE at 2:1 for pots a week or two before event start you could either trade/buy a 6* event unit, or pot burn early to get to magnus in the first 2 days to maximize BT gain.

1-2k TE is a lot, but I'm a free player and I have cards totaling 1k or more, so it could be done if someone went all in on an event, though I wouldn't suggest doing it on a 7* event for a while as the amount of spenders for 7*'s will be quite high in the first couple of months.
Back to top Go down
blackwing
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Nooblack wrote:
was there ever a time where a player did not spend ANY money to reach top ten and REMAIN there til the end of an event? no, hacking is out of the question

Yes. In colo and tower events where the only resource used is te and no money doesn't confer a advantage you can rank and stay in top 10 as free player. that being said it does take ~3k te to do so.

Edit: Most free players are happy just to get the prize and stay near the bottom of that prize bracket to minimize resource used ie pots/te that why even free players with 5k+ te wont likely rank top 10 unless the prize was top 10 only.

Last edited by blackwing on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blackwing
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:06 pm

xmach wrote:
I imagine if someone saved up 1-2k TE or Pots and grinded hard they could rank? 6 mil BT right now gets you into top 10. I make 200-300k BT a day without burning POTS now and can still solo all but a few bosses where I need to call 1-2 allies to finish off. I also didn't level up bosses in first phase much and did too many lilliths, only had a 5* until Magnus get on sunday so I think with pre-planning, selling TE at 2:1 for pots a week or two before event start you could either trade/buy a 6* event unit, or pot burn early to get to magnus in the first 2 days to maximize BT gain.

1-2k TE is a lot, but I'm a free player and I have cards totaling 1k or more, so it could be done if someone went all in on an event, though I wouldn't suggest doing it on a 7* event for a while as the amount of spenders for 7*'s will be quite high in the first couple of months.

First of 1-2k te isnt a lot it wont even rank you for top prize forget top 10. Also having cards "worth" 1k doesnt equal 1k te. I dont know what you have but whatever it is liquidating it into te only gets you 50-70% of its value for 99% of cards right now.
Back to top Go down
Nooblack
☆☆☆☆
Nooblack

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:45 pm

heh ^^ knew it, ty
but I think I can agree that 3k TE can be enough to net you a rank in top 10 if the event is tower or colo event since big spenders don't gain much from spending money on those events
Back to top Go down
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:26 pm

iirc winz only spent $30 on mandragora march just to snipe rank 4
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:23 pm

The way I see it, it still leads to money in the beginning since how else is this game still running.

For tower and colosseum events, money isn't necessary at all, but you're expected to hoard thousands of TE to make it to the top, which requires a ton of smart trading among other players or just selling everything and be left with a couple of cards only required during that particular event to make it. And if trading isn't going well for some, they'll resort to buying the TE from the Fanta Shop itself which requires your real money, or spending on the boxes for valuable units to sell for TE from other players.

Also, with our available free TE/pot stock declining at a fast rate, I'm pretty sure we've already convinced a few people to start buying from the shop now instead of having it gone to the megaboxes to test their luck.

Training events used to be heavily reliant on spikes which requires spending real money to get a whole ton of them, but with new improvements, pots are becoming a valuable resource to give the free players a fairer chance. Of course, to make it to the top 10, you still require at least hundreds of it to get there, as well as some luck to encounter the bosses you want.

Panel events always required those event tickets to battle against those bosses who give out tons of BT points to make it to the point. And to get those event tickets, you gotta spend on those boxes to get them. A lot of them. Standard quest grinding alone won't get you there, and a million TE used for standard quest grinding is pretty much a stupid thing to do. No argument there, right?

Maiden events start off with luck in who you get to partnered up with. If you join a team with a spender in it, you're almost set to get to the top without having to grind much. However, maiden events rely on teamwork if 7 out of 8 members don't push themselves to the top and the spender doesn't wish to cooperate with such a team, there's no guarantee to get to the top. If you're lucky enough to join a team with 7-9 members who all grinded intensely, your chances of winning is practically as good as a team with one spender and 2-3 grinders.

Also, the only reason we're getting certain event units to help up in gaining more BT points is because someone is buying them through the boxes themselves with their real money, so if it weren't for them, we wouldn't be getting any. We're just paying through 'alternative means' really. Of course, this point is kinda pointless when the latest events are now giving out event units that can be earned through grinding alone and have the same bonus effects as the purchased event units so....

Really, if you ignore the TE/pot (P) stock which is usually a small amount for many players, we're still spending to want to get to the top, even if we choose to look at the TE as something that doesn't relate to real money. We're just going through other alternative means to avoid having to spend our own real money to get them, and rely on someone else to do it for us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
wwwCat

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Most of the top 10 now a days usually hav a decent amount of te since they buy event 6* to help them rank higher
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Top Ten in Events   About the Top Ten in Events I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About the Top Ten in Events
Page 1 of 1