Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!

Go down 
+35
joeladams20
Asgard
benjpal
linksd
sGabe4
bamboothief
spiritsplice
Nooblack
KuroStar
tomoyo
leosiu
Ysellian
BraveDemon
GoldoaWillNotMove
ATB
Happiemealz
Whenesday
SnowTempest
Fuhajin
Ghost_Star
Tattycoram
aszutai
masta518
Jim4good
ShYber
bells
Ckrai
saphion
Herault
lmnseason
loniguseze
byu1680
myad
Esofonic
Nykidxxx
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
bells

bells

Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 am

I can't believe there is actually a blame game going on here! Can't we just cool our head and calm down a bit?

Don't blame the top 6* players, because they pay good money, and it is precisely due to the fact that they have extra 5*, 6* cards they don't need that we the bottom feeders can even acquire these cards through trades.

Don't blame the middle players because they are all working hard towards a specific goal. If the flow of the TE is now on-way towards the top, so be it. Such is life.

Don't blame the new players, because they really have no influence on what is happening now.

Blame SS/Mobage? Maybe a little bit, they could have been a more consistent in event awards and what not. Players' expectations on future events are based on past experiences and plan themselves accordingly. In this department, SS/Mobage dropped the ball somewhat.

Mid and lower level people need to stop their fixation on how many TEs my 5* card can get vs before. Your ultimate goal is not to collect TEs, right? So think how many cards of mine do I need to sell or trade in for that 6*? In the overall scheme of thing, that ratio has not change much.
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 am

bells wrote:
Mid and lower level people need to stop their fixation on how many TEs my 5* card can get vs before.
Higher level players should also get rid of their fixation on over-pricing 6* cards and demanding pure TE in a situation where there simply isn't enough TE floating around to facilitate trade. bounce
Just going to point out as well that most people don't even accept 5* card trades for 6* (especially LE...) anymore unless you're lucky Like a Star @ heaven.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:50 pm

It seems I'm in the minority here but I don't really see a problem. Cards are still the same relative value to each other. The only thing that has dropped is the value of TE-to-cards In other words, TE can now buy more than it used to. Sure, I sold a card this week less than I paid for it a month ago in TE, but theoretically I was able to use it in the meantime, and I can buy more with the same amount of TE than I was able to a month ago, so I only lost out if I'm counting my TE for TE sake - I am not losing out if I'm counting my TE and thinking about what it will buy.

A rare card with good stats still commands more than say a weak common card. There are many factors that influence whether a particular individual wants a particular card - art, rarity, strength, deploy cost, how well it fits the rest of their army, etc. That's always been the case and trading has always been, well, complicated (and fun!) because of that.

Sure I'm having a hard time getting my dream card, but it's never been easy to get a dream card. Otherwise, they wouldn't be dream cards Smile But that's part of the fun of the game to me - having a goal that is kind of hard to reach and strategizing to reach it, and enjoying the process and the cards you get along the way.

So, I don't know, but I think people have always saved (hoarded?) TE to save up for their dream cards, and had a hard time getting their dream cards, and had to negotiate and get turned down when trying to trade, and being "lowballed" by people who maybe don't know any better maybe they do. Hasn't that always been a part of the game? Now the TE-to-card ratio is just lower than it was. But it's lower for EVERY card so not much has changed except the value of TE. And having TE be worth LESS per card seems, to me, a good thing, if anything, since it's pretty hard to get.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:12 pm

masta518 wrote:
bells wrote:
Mid and lower level people need to stop their fixation on how many TEs my 5* card can get vs before.
Higher level players should also get rid of their fixation on over-pricing 6* cards and demanding pure TE in a situation where there simply isn't enough TE floating around to facilitate trade. bounce
Just going to point out as well that most people don't even accept 5* card trades for 6* (especially LE...) anymore unless you're lucky Like a Star @ heaven.

lower level players should stop their fixation on thinking that the people who worked hard and/or paid for their great cards should just hand them over or take something in trade that they have no desire for whats so ever.

Who should be the judge of a cards value, you or the person who spend hard earned money and/or pulled all nighters to rank and earn it?

there is plenty of te floating around and just because you cant operate in that high level of trading doesnt mean that it should not exist.

And I will point out that not all 5* le cards are worth anything. just because its a 5*, or a le, or both does not give it value.
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
there is plenty of te floating around and just because you cant operate in that high level of trading doesnt mean that it should not exist.

That's funny, because there are numerous threads and people saying that there aren't enough TE going around. The fact that the prices of all cards except 6* have dropped (and even then, not all 6* are immune) in TE means that there is a serious shortage of it.

Also, I'm just pointing out that everyone needs to change their mindset, not just lower and mid level people. You say people are entitled to their 'value' of their precious 6* and they set the prices? Go ahead, but don't complain when you aren't ever getting the pure TE you want for it. This is basic economics: you can continue to hold personal value to something but that doesn't mean that's how it will be in the environment.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Lol. The guy thinks that the prices of 6* didn't go down. You sure are a market expert. You need to stop going against everyone and pointing fingers. This is not about one's greed. It's about the value of one's hard work.
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Oh lol so hot here, calm down guys... Smile

here take a sip of this and you'll definitely feel better..
Spoiler:
Well, with our current economy, rather than getting sad/mad, just try to adapt with these changes..

I search from wall to wall, avoiding those that only wanted pure TE/pots for a card that can be bought with uptrading, and manage to find several high ranker peeps that accept uptrading max 4* for their 5* (some even maxed 5* LE).

It definitely takes time, but sooner or later, more and more ppl will begin to realize the value of card trading. Smile

Damn, I feel like smartass.. Don't mind me... (you can mind my siggy though) albino
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Lol. The guy thinks that the prices of 6* didn't go down. You sure are a market expert. You need to stop going against everyone and pointing fingers. This is not about one's greed. It's about the value of one's hard work.

masta518 wrote:
(and even then, not all 6* are immune)
Stop being a jerk, it's not winning you any points. I'm not going against anyone: I'm going against you when you keep being passive aggressive for no reason. It is about greed: that's part of the problem right now. I won't reiterate my point again if you're going to insist on ignoring it.

As for not pointing fingers? Are you not doing the same thing by blaming Mobage for not injecting TE into the economy? If it's all about hard work, there's no need for them to regulate the system now is there Mr. Hypocrite?
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:56 pm

masta518 wrote:
lmnseason wrote:

masta518 wrote:
(and even then, not all 6* are immune)
Stop being a jerk, it's not winning you any points. I'm not going against anyone: I'm going against you when you keep being passive aggressive for no reason. It is about greed: that's part of the problem right now. I won't reiterate my point again if you're going to insist on ignoring it.

As for not pointing fingers? Are you not doing the same thing by blaming Mobage for not injecting TE into the economy? If it's all about hard work, there's no need for them to regulate the system now is there Mr. Hypocrite?
Not being a jerk. I just want you to know that 6* price dropped twice within this week or a couple. In the other news of the world, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I want you to recall where I was blaming mobage about the economy. This is just something fun to do and make sure things you accuse someone is true.

I wonder where the idea that 6* prices never went down. That would a story from a market expert.
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:22 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Not being a jerk. I just want you to know that 6* price dropped twice within this week or a couple. In the other news of the world, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

You said that I didn't know the market. I'm saying I do to an extent and you simply misread my post. I never said 6* prices never dropped, please focus.

lmnseason wrote:
I want you to recall where I was blaming mobage about the economy. This is just something fun to do and make sure things you accuse someone is true.
lmnseason wrote:
We just need more TE. lol
Excuse me if I took your posts the wrong way, but I don't really read this any other way.
Listen, you're not reading my posts entirely. I just skimmed through the post chain and I can't count how many times you misunderstood what I said or outright ignored my point before repeating the same thing a few posts later. Your posts just scream of bias at newbies or poor people. Comments that irritate me include:
lmnseason wrote:
I am not sure how much you have spent towards the game or when you joined but everything is clearly different in the eyes of a free player.
lmnseason wrote:
Obviously, you're a paying player and you will have a different point on view.
lmnseason wrote:
Ok so you must be having trouble with obtaining a 6* then. But the point is, I am more than happy to help out new players and a lot nicer than you think. But when it comes to someone blaming the community for what it is, someone has to knock a sense to that person for that kind of resentment.

lmnseason wrote:
I wonder where the idea that 6* prices never went down. That would a story from a market expert.

Patronizing as hell.

You're trying to bring my personal feelings into this and make me out as the bad guy lashing out because he can't get a 6* through a quick solution. I mean, come on man.
Listen, I feel that we're working towards the same end here, but we're misunderstanding each other. All I'm saying is that everyone is at fault for this and not just Mobage for the TE dry. Let's just wait to see how this plays out.
To end this discussion with you before it gets worse, I'll leave you with this:

Check Your Privilege
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 pm

Interesting... Even my joke was added on the quote even at a different convo. Just making sure you know what you're talking about but good luck with your own beliefs.

I said someone is a market expert btw.

You need to chill. Just because you don't have TE to spend doesn't mean the market is destroyed by the community. It just means we need to save up again just as always. In this game, things tend to go up and down. The only difference is that everything went down since February.

Tons of free 5* and 6* were given out just a couple weeks ago so it's just common that the economy gets dried out. It's also a good time for SS to make some cash from TE on the shop.
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:07 am

lmnseason wrote:
It's also a good time for SS to make some cash from TE on the shop.

I honestly wonder if people will buy TE or will remain spending on Packages. At some point, it would be more profitable to just buy the TE unless you're a gambler Wink
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:32 am

masta518 wrote:
lmnseason wrote:

I honestly wonder if people will buy TE or will remain spending on Packages. At some point, it would be more profitable to just buy the TE unless you're a gambler Wink
If you spend $150 on TE, you are guaranteed a 6*. Any paying players who buy boxes are smart enough to know this. I had a couple people who bought TE just to buy some of my 5* just about 2-3 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:37 am

masta518 wrote:
lmnseason wrote:

It's already more profitable to buy TE vs box right now. I've spend a few hundred on boxes, no 6* instead just a few 5*s to show for it. Same with many others on the forum, so if I'm going to spent money now, I might as well just throw down $150-200 on te and get myself a Paris or better unit, better than opening 5 boxes to get two to three 5*s (based on my own experience)

Of course if you're competing in the event, then it makes sense to buy boxes due to the bonus item & event units. But if you're just after event units, honestly it's probably cheaper to buy them using TE afterwards.

Edit:

lol, lmnseason beat me to it XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆
loniguseze

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:55 am

Exactly... I agree mostly with Imnseason, but masta has also some very reasonable valid points.

Also buying TE now I see aswell as the best option atm. Ppl spend 400-500s of USD into boxes and havent seen a single 6*. Gambling is a curse... Damn Iam myself always tempted to go full in, but meh atm its not rly worth it tbh.

I will wait and see if and at what point will the market get stable.
Back to top Go down
saphion

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:20 am

bells wrote:
Your ultimate goal is not to collect TEs, right?
WRONG!
with people who accept nothing but TE else overprices their cards everyone will want to collect them.

lmnseason wrote:
Just because you don't have TE to spend doesn't mean the market is destroyed by the community.

How many 5* players you know have 100TE right now? its not only 1 person its majority of the people in game that face this problem

by 5* players i mean people with the highest * card of 5*s or below

High end 6* sellers will keep buying packs even if a 6* is worth 100TE or less. Their purpose is not to get cards but rather the event items (tickets/spikes/flowers/SSL/flowers/elixirs/whatever the event needs) The bonus from 30TE or pots doesnt even compare to the event item(currently spikes) give.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 am

saphion wrote:
bells wrote:
Your ultimate goal is not to collect TEs, right?
WRONG!
with people who accept nothing but TE else overprices their cards everyone will want to collect them.

lmnseason wrote:
Just because you don't have TE to spend doesn't mean the market is destroyed by the community.

How many 5* players you know have 100TE right now? its not only 1 person its majority of the people in game that face this problem

by 5* players i mean people with the highest * card of 5*s or below

High end 6* sellers will keep buying packs even if a 6* is worth 100TE or less. Their purpose is not to get cards but rather the event items (tickets/spikes/flowers/SSL/flowers/elixirs/whatever the event needs) The bonus from 30TE or pots doesnt even compare to the event item(currently spikes) give.

For paying players, they can spend as mush as they want. For free players, they have to be patient and save up for a 6*. As a free player, nothing comes easy when paying players obtain their needs at an expense. It will take few more events to slowly recover the market. It would probably a couple months.
Back to top Go down
Fuhajin

Fuhajin

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:07 am

As a new (and free) player, this game looks very difficult to me. You can't earn tradeable TE or POT through events so you can't have something to share for TE. 1*/2* & 3* feeder sets are traded for Luna, and no one trades TE for Luna but all wants to buy TE for Luna...

Also, how can you know which player have the card you need? There is no proper market in this game.

Third thing, maybe the thing that make me cringe the most: how can a new player buy cards for the old events? (LE cards)

All those things make me want to take a shit in the Mobage/SS director's desk...

tl;dr: We need a proper market in this game and a way to convert all the different money.
This was a raging post of a new (non-english) player, sorry for interrupting you guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:17 am

Fuhajin wrote:
As a new (and free) player, this game looks very difficult to me. You can't earn tradeable TE or POT through events so you can't have something to share for TE. 1*/2* & 3* feeder sets are traded for Luna, and no one trades TE for Luna but all wants to buy TE for Luna...

Also, how can you know which player have the card you need? There is no proper market in this game.

Third thing, maybe the thing that make me cringe the most: how can a new player buy cards for the old events? (LE cards)

All those things make me want to take a shit in the Mobage/SS director's desk...

tl;dr: We need a proper market in this game and a way to convert all the different money.
This was a raging post of a new (non-english) player, sorry for interrupting you guys Smile

srsly people, why?????

you can earn te/pots in events

you can trade 3/4* feeders for te

almost every card can be found and traded for if you can pay the price

there is a great and thriving market in this game. the economy is growing and changing and is fine

tl;dr: learn to play
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:45 am

Fuhajin wrote:

hello there.. here's a few suggestion for you Smile

1) use your free TE (that you got when starting out) to buy a set of random 4* (your best deal will be 5 cards of 4* for 2TE, just try looking for players that sell their 4* with this ratio)

2) max all of your 4* and start uptrading them for 5*, several 5* will only require 2 max 4* while some will cost 5 max 4*

3) always look for player that accept card trading, avoid those that only wanted pure te/pots atm.

this method might sounds tiresome but definitely worth it (especially for free players)

ps: just now I uptraded 5 max4* into lvl100 sonia Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:49 am

Esofonic wrote:

congrats!!!!
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 11:06 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
Esofonic wrote:

congrats!!!!

thanks Smile

now I'm exhausted from leveling + enhancing those 4*..

need to rest for now.. santa
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 11:14 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
Good luck, you'll need it. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 11:20 am

masta518 wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:

hmmmm i dont, i know the going price and what level they need to be to sell and do quite well.
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 11:27 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
masta518 wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:

hmmmm i dont, i know the going price and what level they need to be to sell and do quite well.

Yeah, 4-5TE for max 4*. Really low Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!   Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prices making you head hurt? Come and tell us your sad story!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next