Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

HELP with making good guild team

Go down 
+4
PangCY
Roanmarvel
Spacebug
seanlink
8 posters
AuthorMessage
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

HELP with making good guild team Empty
PostSubject: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:54 pm

If anyone could help me out on making a good guild team, or suggest what other units I should trying acquire to add to my team that would be great.

My 6*s are
Name, Speed, Arena Skill, DC
Magnus, C, slow, 30
Grace, D, slow, 20
Aeris, B, poison, 20
Bajardo, C, iron wall, 30
Selina, C, backstab, 25
Abel, D, knockback, 25
Lavinia, C, incinerate, 20
Ddraig, C, poision, 30
Reimund, B, poison, 30
Giselle, D, knockback, 15
Bristol, B, iron wall, 25
Gluck, D, speed order, 25
Charles, S, double attack, 10
Nanaca, C, knockback, 20
Skuld, D, slow, 20
Salome, C, backstab, 15
Washi, D, backstab, 20
Romanus, C, incinerate, 25

Only 5*s worth mentioning are 2 MLB Edwards as filler
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:22 pm

I suggest you read my long-ass post in below thread and you should get a good idea: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t10709-what-i-should-get-replace-for-arena-team I'm missing the Deploy Cost in your info table, which is pretty important in determining your team.

The thing is, your team composition should depend on your position (ATK/MID/DEF), which depends on the relative strength of your allies. In short, you would want to be able to do both.

First thing I noticed in your collection is you're missing (at least) one 30 DC melee tank (Reimund is great, but also the only one you have).
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Fortunately, high HP 30 dc melee is realyl cheap right now. Reinhard, Eurydike are all 10 and lower I think. Then Gideon, Paris, even Lu Bu aren't all that expensive either.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 7:15 pm

I thought Bajardo was a tank?
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Kind of, but not quite. Bajardo is tankish with ~700k HP while real tanks have ~900k+.

For comparison, Reinhard has 965k HP. With his B speed and Slow to slow down the enemy with, he is IMHO one of the best and cheapest 6* tanks in the game. His only downside is his low arena attack, but slowing down the enemy and allowing your other, stronger units go first more than makes up for that.
Back to top Go down
PangCY
☆☆
PangCY

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:05 am

Bajardo is tank because of the arena skill IW; of course, it is the matter of trigger or not. skill triggered = more tanky.
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:22 am

Bajardo is a tricky tank to use. Since the skill process chance in ATK position is reduced but increased in DEF postion, he shines in DEF position but is virtually a skill-less tank in ATK position, even if IW procs a few times. His extremely high Arena damage makes up for it a little bit though, but since he is 110 range (gets attacked first) and C speed, he might be killed before he can land a blow.
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 7:55 am

I would love to Leach some opinions off this topic. I hope you get your answers too Seanlink.
I have always tried to leave space for a special Event unit, but for purposes of this discussion, that can be left out. Here is what i am working with.... thoughts?

BaldomeroIWMeleeC30
ChevalierQuad AtkMeleeB25
MaryBellPentaMeleeB30
Quid X QuamPentaMeleeC25
AquariaQuadMissileC15
NinaSlowMeleeC15
LaviniaIncinerateMagicC20
BristolIWMeleeB25
NinaSlowMeleeC15
ReinhardslowmeleeB30
SelinaBackstabMeleeC25
GraceSlowMagicD20
DdraigPoisonMissileC30
RomanusIncinerateMagicC25
IsisPoisonMagicD10
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:33 am

Ilyden,

It depends on your role within the team, but I would say your best setup is:

Attack:
Baldo
MB7
QxQ
Aquaria
EU (est 20dc)
Total: 120dc

Def:
Bristol
Nina
Nina
Chev
Total: 80dc
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 am

Seanlink, I'd go with this team:

10 man:
Reimund ____________Baja
Bristol ______________Nana
Lavinia _____________Salome
Charles _____________Giselle
Aeris _______________Edward
(105)                       (95)

or 9 man:
Reimund ____________Baja
Bristol ______________Romanus
Lavinia _____________Nana
Charles _____________Salome
Aeris _______________0
(105)                       (90)

Basicaly your 110 range tank (Reim) covers your B spd units, and if it falls you switch him to Baja (also 110 range).

If you're going to utilize 1- or 2-men def, it would be
Reimund ____________Aeris
Baja _______________Nana
Lavinia _____________Salome
Charles _____________Giselle
Bristol ______________Edward
(105)                       (95)
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:49 am

Minowara wrote:
Ilyden,

It depends on your role within the team, but I would say your best setup is:

Attack:
Baldo
MB7
QxQ
Aquaria
EU (est 20dc)
Total: 120dc

Def:
Bristol
Nina
Nina
Chev
Total: 80dc

Thanks Minowara,
I am usually an attacker, but set up as Def when i am gonna be late or can't make a battle.

I was thinking about running a very similar set up, just swapping the Aquaria for Chev.

Thanks again for replying! I am curious why you are picking  Chev and Aquaria to be in the groups you mentions instead of reversed.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 2:51 pm

I just bought a Reinhard, so should I throw him into that mix?
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:13 pm

seanlink wrote:
I just bought a Reinhard, so should I throw him into that mix?

Reinhard, nice!!

This is my suggestion for a pure attacking team. What I mean with a pure attacking team is that you will only have 1 unit in defense or even better, none at all. The idea is that you will assume ATK position and attack over and over until all your units are killed.

Reimund.....Reinhard
Bajardo......Aeris
Romanus....Nanaca
Gluck
Lavinia

I'm using Bajardo as a semi tank that hits like a truck (he has insane arena damage for a 6*), so he needs to be protected by Reimund (in GW, Reimund has Drain Attack, not Poison). When Reimund goes, Reinhard joins the team, but Baja will get hit before Reinhard. Aeris is decently tankish (~500k HP) for a 20 dc unit, so I'll her as a semi-tank for the lack of a better choice.

The back row consists of 2 Incinerate units to tear down defenses and Gluck's speed order can turn the tide of a battle, working perfectly in sync with Lavi's and Romanus' Incinerate.

You can use Nanaca as a dummy defense unit (to demoralize the enemy with a full guild defense), but she doubles as an attacking unit when Reimund, Baja and Romanus gets killed in 1 battle.

A little off topic for this post, but IMHO it's outdated to have 5 units set up for attack and 5 units for defense regardless of your position. The thing is, in order to have 5 defensive units, you have to compromise with your attacking team. Both will be weak. So what happens if your weaker-than-needed attacking team attacks and 2 units are killed? You need to waste time, swap around units and get a sub-par attacking team because chances are high your defense tank is killed by now. What's left now is a new attacking team without tanks, so you can just watch them die with your second attack barely doing enough damage. Then an expensive heal, and repeat. 450 AP spent and you only got 1 (plus a little) decent attack in.

The pure attacking team set up however, is build in such way that you can keep attacking while your attacking team keeps a optimal formation and every time (except for the last one) you should be able to do good damage because the enemy's defense will have a tough time cracking your tanks (since they are being renewed all the time). I think you can get 3-4 good hits in before you need to heal.

To make this work, another player should be a pure defensive player in a similar fashion, with defensive skills and even more tankish units. Defensive players need to constantly swap units around to maintain a formation though, so defending is much more work and not rewarding in terms of GP, but less taxing on your pots and tonics.

If someone can find a GW guild where they can work together at this level, then that Guild would be so awesome without even needing to spend much if anything at all.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Rogue time:

Depending on the rest of my guild, I place my strongest units on defense until the other team concedes. For example, my defense is likely to be: Edea, Arthur, Durandal, Alias, JOKER until the attacking team just quits.

I'll then use a decent setup of cheap 6*'s behind a 30DC 6* tank to attack in the interim, switching once they give up.

Of course, there are lots of changes one can make on the fly, but this has proven to be a really effective tactic as of the last 3 GB's since most people welch on their defensive lineup.

SpaceBug wrote:
A little off topic for this post, but IMHO it's outdated to have 5 units set up for attack and 5 units for defense regardless of your position. The thing is, in order to have 5 defensive units, you have to compromise with your attacking team. Both will be weak. So what happens if your weaker-than-needed attacking team attacks and 2 units are killed? You need to waste time, swap around units and get a sub-par attacking team because chances are high your defense tank is killed by now. What's left now is a new attacking team without tanks, so you can just watch them die with your second attack barely doing enough damage. Then an expensive heal, and repeat. 450 AP spent and you only got 1 (plus a little) decent attack in.

The pure attacking team set up however, is build in such way that you can keep attacking while your attacking team keeps a optimal formation and every time (except for the last one) you should be able to do good damage because the enemy's defense will have a tough time cracking your tanks (since they are being renewed all the time). I think you can get 3-4 good hits in before you need to heal.

To make this work, another player should be a pure defensive player in a similar fashion, with defensive skills and even more tankish units. Defensive players need to constantly swap units around to maintain a formation though, so defending is much more work and not rewarding in terms of GP, but less taxing on your pots and tonics.

If someone can find a GW guild where they can work together at this level, then that Guild would be so awesome without even needing to spend much if anything at all.

Actually, this is VERY true and I've used it with a few guilds so far with GREAT success.

The only thing I would add is that having the ability to set some units to defense to minimize your attacking team unit count REALLY helps with morons that do the 1-man and 2-man defense.

In those cases, setting my 2 most powerful units on attack with as many as possible (up to 5) on defense helps me gut their bad strategy, saves me MASSIVE amounts of AP, and forces them to either continue to waste Pots/Tonics for no reason (they're not gaining any GP this way) or give up entirely.

It's STUNNING how many people don't realize that 1-man defense isn't a defense, it's a speed bump that only impedes spenders that are just going to keep hammering away anyway. It only cuts GP by 50%. If your battle is VERY CLOSE and IF you have the ability to actually win if you can slow the opponent long enough to overtake them, then sure; go nuts.

But if you're 1 million points behind and your guild has officially given up, just stop. It's nothing more than a waste of everyone's time. They're going to keep attacking, and you're going to have to waste important resources healing - resources that could be used later to actually WIN a battle or gain you valuable GP for ranking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP with making good guild team   HELP with making good guild team I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP with making good guild team
Page 1 of 1