Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Support Help : Fail New Update ?!

Go down 
+2
predator852
rourou1423
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rourou1423
☆☆
rourou1423

Support Help : Fail New Update ?! Empty
PostSubject: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Sad
14 December 2012, Fantasica launch a new update at google play...
And then....

It downloaded and updated BUT keep error downloading...

So.. I found out a few player comment below the comment section, and regret to not see it before i update.

Please forum reader, if you sees this

DON'T EVER UPDATE TO NEW VERSION !

Sad

Last edited by rourou1423 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rourou1423
☆☆
rourou1423

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Quote :
I updated my game through Google Play, got the "Error parsing data!" message, and was unable to launch the app. I finally found a work-around and I am now back in the game.

Reinstalling the app from Google Play did not work, but I noticed that the game version was 1.9.0.2.4, with the desktop icon of Gremory. I ended up downloading an older version (1.7.0.8 ) from a third-party site. I allowed it to update only from within the app, I did not update it through Google Play. (The older version I installed has Avril on the desktop icon.)

If you need to do this, you will need to enter Settings>Applications and check "Unknown Sources." Then go to the third-party website which contains an older version of Fantasica and download/install it. Once this is done, you can uncheck "Unknown Sources" if you like.

The website I used to download the older version is: http://www.androidgamesroom.com/stand-alone-games/83967.htm (I have used this site to download a few apps before and have never found any problems.)

I am currently back inside Fantasica, running version 1.7.0.8. If anyone needs help going through this process, feel free to PM me or post here. I'm on my way to work, but will check here every now and then.

Good luck everyone.

EDIT: This only applies to those using an Android device, not to iOS users. I am using an LG Thrill 4G running Gingerbread (2.3).

credit to larry
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 9:26 pm

As I stated in the questions thread, my phone updated to this version immediatly when I turned it on the other day (I have Fanta set to auto update.)

The first time I ran the app it just sat at that opening movie for half an hour. I killed the app, waited two minutes and restarted the app. It worked fine.

I'm not refuting the existance of the error because I'm sure it exists, but I am saying it is not an all inclusive android error...I'm guessing it has something to with older phones, or it could be one of those cases where the carrier is the problem (rare as hell, but still probable.)

Just here to say anyone with a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on AT&T dosn't have to worry about the update...
Back to top Go down
rourou1423
☆☆
rourou1423

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 8:33 pm

The Fantasica Support Team
12:23 PM (22 hours ago)

to me
Thank you for contacting the Fantasica Support Team! We are constantly striving to improve our service and appreciate your valuable feedback!

Thank you for contacting us. Regarding your concern, we advice you to use the cache cleaner.

Below is the URL of said cache cleaner
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9790759/Mobage/MobageCacheCleanWest_FANTASICA.html

A note upon the use of cache cleaner
- Above URL is temporary. Therefore, there is a possibility it may be removed
- Kindly install the apk file that you downloaded from above URL
- You are required to agree on the terms of agreement that displays when you run the cache cleaner

As always, your continued patronage is very important to us. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. For ongoing service requests, we ask that you retain any previous relevant emails in order to facilitate the support process. Thank you again for playing Fantasica and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards,
The Fantasica Support Team

I email to them.. they reply me this too.. Very Happy
by any chance my mobile was htc wildfire many old enough to not update Sad
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Why would anyone need a cashe cleaner? Am I incorrect that if you go to settings>apps>fantasica there should be an option to clear the cashe there?
Back to top Go down
kyo_sejiro
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:26 pm

yes there is an option there to clean cache...i personally dont know why they would do that its more of an issue with a patch on the update
Back to top Go down
rourou1423
☆☆
rourou1423

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Sad yeah.. i though they will remove the new update from play and use lower version. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
benchcee

benchcee

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:21 am

did you uninstall the Fantasica with gremory as icon before installing the avril one from that website?
Back to top Go down
ehrik

ehrik

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:05 am

benchcee wrote:
did you uninstall the Fantasica with gremory as icon before installing the avril one from that website?

i did that and it worked
Back to top Go down
rourou1423
☆☆
rourou1423

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 pm

yes.. i id.. uninstall and reinstall that one from the website Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ragnarok

ragnarok

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:20 am

I can't update mine. That's why i can't play anymore. I hope mobage fix this problem asap. I miss playing fantastica. Sad
Back to top Go down
rourou1423
☆☆
rourou1423

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 am

ragnarok wrote:
I can't update mine. That's why i can't play anymore. I hope mobage fix this problem asap. I miss playing fantastica. Sad

did you try to unistall and download the one from the website? Shocked
Back to top Go down
rourou1423
☆☆
rourou1423

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:15 pm

bump up for those who haven't read this yet bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support Help : Fail New Update ?!   Support Help : Fail New Update ?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Support Help : Fail New Update ?!
Page 1 of 1