Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Why is Alexander so undervalued???

Go down 
+46
chaosme
GnatB
penguizaur
sGabe4
Blargod
RoyalGargoyle
SnowTempest
TypeAlpha
DeathGU1Se
pknott
Lornoth
Grazingcattle
DivideByZero
lmnseason
Esofonic
Pandalicious
VitaeMortifer
velocityhead245
Ckrai
zeroxlll
Whizzah
orionknight
aszutai
hereticloki
bx65
joeladams20
bleachcosplay
ChibiLeen
predator852
themadmanazn
myad
BkWiz
bryancarlo16
zoebeagle
ElysianField
dnonamus
the3ptsling
memphiskite
clocksprocket
tzerherman
GAKUBUN
timlai1209
Sientara
pnoytroi
PatchFirefox
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Don't forget he's a dude & an ugly one to boot.

.... unless you dig bearded men...
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:20 pm

memphiskite wrote:

dunno why... first impression i get... he looks like thor... wielding a spear instead of a hammer.

maybe its the costume...
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:22 pm

myad wrote:
memphiskite wrote:

dunno why... first impression i get... he looks like thor... wielding a spear instead of a hammer.

maybe its the costume...

My first thought was he had a scarf... that's how easily bored I was first time I saw him. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:21 pm

memphiskite wrote:

Weeell... Depends on the beard and on the man, I guess. [fangirl] If you take Richard Armitage in that Thorin make up, for example... <3 [/fangirl]

It seriously took me the longest time to realize that Alexander had a beard. Like Memphy, I first thought that he had some kind of scarf.
Back to top Go down
bleachcosplay
☆☆☆
bleachcosplay

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:08 am

Sientara wrote:
His spear just seems to crawl
clocksprocket wrote:
But basically, his stats aren't that great and his speed is so slow that he's near useless
memphiskite wrote:
I find it funny that Heidemarie is so much better than Alexander, even when she's a 5*.... XD
the3ptsling wrote:
Ive been referring to him as lolexander. I even thought about saying sorry to people that draw him. I drew him and dont even want to level him because I doubt I'd use him even then.
dnonamus wrote:
His speed is almost comical.
BkWiz wrote:
Alex is only useful in coliseum battles where his laughable missile speed is not an issue.
themadmanazn wrote:
As others have mentioned, his attack speed and projectile travel speed is too slow. Furthermore, he has the LOWEST DPS of any 6* of the game.
predator852 wrote:
That being said I'll never trade for him, but if I pulled him I'd probably keep or give away for free...
memphiskite wrote:

Lol, this is hilarious.

Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 Alexan10
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:54 am

myad wrote:
memphiskite wrote:

maybe its the costume...

I had never bothered checking out the full card artwork, but now that I've seen it - kudos, bleach! ^^ - I really don't understand why the flipping flip they've named this guy "General Alexander": he's a bearded, one-eyed guy wielding a great spear and riding an eight-legged horse. Basically, he's bloody ODIN. >_< That's actually rather cool, a shame he should be such a crippled unit. :/

In the same vein, I feel sorry for Thrain too. I know that Tolkien pinched most of his dwarvish names from Norse mythology, so he's probably not that Thrain, but still... Thrain, son of Thror, King under the Mountain! *still geeking out about The Hobbit* He could've been a very cool unit, but he's such a crippled card too! T^T
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 am

ChibiLeen wrote:
myad wrote:
memphiskite wrote:

maybe its the costume...

I had never bothered checking out the full card artwork, but now that I've seen it - kudos, bleach! ^^ - I really don't understand why the flipping flip they've named this guy "General Alexander": he's a bearded, one-eyed guy wielding a great spear and riding an eight-legged horse. Basically, he's bloody ODIN. >_< That's actually rather cool, a shame he should be such a crippled unit. :/
he's riding sleipnir?
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 am

and... i think that's just very long hair and not beard...

ya, u guys made me look at the artwork...

and the more i look at it... the more i think he's a stylised Thor. that's lighning coming out from the lance/ spear... no?
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 am

myad wrote:

and the more i look at it... the more i think he's a stylised Thor. that's lighning coming out from the lance/ spear... no?

Well, Thor and Odin belong to the same mythos, so resemblance in terms of "style" is to be expected. Smile But Thor wields a hammer - Mjolnir. Odin, however, does wield an enchanted spear - Gungnir. He has also lost one eye (and our Alex here seems to be wearing some kind of stylized eye-patch). And then there's the eight-legged horse. Since Alexander is one of the classics, I doubt the art director already had the Valhalla series in mind when this card was created, so we do seem to have two Sleipnirs now. The actual, recruitable Sleipnir, and the one with I'm-Not-Odin-No-Really-Honest.

Seriously, what's up with the weird, out of place names? It's like when they named their samurai Anton and Ignat, and their rônin Virgil. It's just silly. ^^;
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 am

I understand I am probably a little late in posting this---------------

I think his art is cool... and maybe I am ignorant because he is my first and only 6*, but I really like him as a unit in my party. You have to develop strategy(which is half the fun anyway), but using his brute strength and ability to hit multiple targets at once has been very useful for me. I also like that everyone undervalues him and/or is turned off by him, because it made him a steal to get.

I raise my glass of orange flavor-aide and tip my hat to you, Sir General Alexander!
Back to top Go down
bx65
☆☆☆☆☆☆
bx65

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:40 am

No one likes E speed with subpar stats.....unless its your first 6* then whocares Razz
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am

ChibiLeen wrote:
myad wrote:

Well, Thor and Odin belong to the same mythos, so resemblance in terms of "style" is to be expected. Smile But Thor wields a hammer - Mjolnir. Odin, however, does wield an enchanted spear - Gungnir. He has also lost one eye (and our Alex here seems to be wearing some kind of stylized eye-patch). And then there's the eight-legged horse. Since Alexander is one of the classics, I doubt the art director already had the Valhalla series in mind when this card was created, so we do seem to have two Sleipnirs now. The actual, recruitable Sleipnir, and the one with I'm-Not-Odin-No-Really-Honest.

Seriously, what's up with the weird, out of place names? It's like when they named their samurai Anton and Ignat, and their rônin Virgil. It's just silly. ^^;

I thought that was Sliphnir for a while but I've only ever seen 6 legs... I was kinda hoping for a Speed Boosting Hermes to arrive on the scene but hey...I guess he would be to powerful for the messenger god...

Also, if SS would get off their butts and go get a deal with Marvel (or SONY, who seems to own Spiderman in his entirety for some reason, damn them!) We could get the Wrecking Crew as well!
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:17 pm

predator852 wrote:

I thought that was Sliphnir for a while but I've only ever seen 6 legs... I was kinda hoping for a Speed Boosting Hermes to arrive on the scene but hey...I guess he would be to powerful for the messenger god...

Also, if SS would get off their butts and go get a deal with Marvel (or SONY, who seems to own Spiderman in his entirety for some reason, damn them!) We could get the Wrecking Crew as well!

I don't know much about Marvel characters - beyond those whose movie adaptations I've seen - but no one owns the rights to Greek or Norse mythology. Very Happy It would be great to have more gods / heroes (with their proper names, though).

Concerning Alexander's horse, the anatomy of the legs is VERY weird, but there are eight of them. Count the hooves. Smile
Back to top Go down
hereticloki
☆☆
hereticloki

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Well the Other version of Sleipnir has certainly called Moba's grades in Anatomy into question....
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
predator852 wrote:

I don't know much about Marvel characters - beyond those whose movie adaptations I've seen - but no one owns the rights to Greek or Norse mythology. Very Happy It would be great to have more gods / heroes (with their proper names, though).

Concerning Alexander's horse, the anatomy of the legs is VERY weird, but there are eight of them. Count the hooves. Smile

Lol the Wrecking Crew are bad guys in Marvel who steal the powers of...I forgot but I think it's the norse gods. I KNOW they are enemies of Marvels take on Thor, as well as the F4...I like them because they are just...like the antiantagonist. 4 big dirty guys fighting gods, the juxtoposition of their situation is so funny to me.

And I will count the next time an ally leaders him.
Back to top Go down
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:46 pm

PatchFirefox wrote:
Ok, so I just got Alexander as my first 6* and I am ecstatic! Now looking at tier lists like struesdale's and seeing Alexander bottom ranked I have to wonder, why? I'm comparing units on the master list and Alex is the highest total damage AoE 6* to date. His disadvantage is his speed I understand that. But I feel he should at least be in Tier 3 because of how balanced his stats are and how large his range is. Faith is an AoE 6* ranked higher than Alexander but has a very low Air hit, still a pretty slow D speed, and smaller range. So why is she ranked higher than Alexander? I'd appreciate forum feedback Very Happy

Also noting they both have the Same cost to put out and same Type (Magic)

Alexander has delay of 0.75, 66400-59225-61130, and speed E
Faith has delay 0.65, 73005- 38680-68930, and speed D

Both have deploy cost of 30.

Alexander loses in two out of three stats, and has slower speed and worse letter for Arena combat.
Of course he is worse than Faith!

Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Alexander is pretty underwhelming in just about every category to me, unless I only have mid tier 5*s, otherwise I would use most of the higher tier 5*s over him just about any day. Pulled him from a box and tired to use him for a few days during DoS but he's just well, underwhelming...

Oh and the "chest hair" on that horse drives me nuts... I want to reach in and rip it out everytime I see it Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:53 pm

[quote="predator852"]
ChibiLeen wrote:
predator852 wrote:

I thought that was Sliphnir for a while but I've only ever seen 6 legs...

And I will count the next time an ally leaders him.

Well, I'm not sure about the sprite - will check later, one of my allies has him at the moment, I think - but the card artwork does have an eight-legged horse (although how on earth are those legs distributed is an anatomical mystery to me).

EDIT: Yep, the sprite of Alexander's horse only has six legs. I guess the sprite artist saw the artwork, got a headache, and decided to spare him/herself the aggravation. xD
Back to top Go down
orionknight
☆☆
orionknight

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:42 pm

I never see Alexander fight in arena battles. Either because he never gets a chance to strike or he gets pushed back so much that its laughable.

During quests he never lands a blow because faster units kill the target before his spear reaches them.

I value cards like Werewolf much higher then him. 5*s with B speed easily strike 2 as fast as he does for more damage then he on his own can dish out. I know on average that most cards of D speed, butthere seriously is no place for E,
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:56 pm

predator852 wrote:

publisher mobage's already got a Marvel based game. so unlikely that they will want the developers to have similar characters...

as for spidey... news is that marvel is trying to regain the rights... we can probably expect to see spidey in future avengers... though personally, i dun quite like him.

alexander... wow... another one who thinks he's good... finally! Smile
Back to top Go down
Whizzah

Whizzah

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:51 am

Alexander was my first 6* pull...and I quit playing for a week, lol. After using him for a while and maxing him, I like him as a unit. I used him in arena, and it seems that when he did finally manage to attack, AA fired often and wins the match. Alas Vlad and Moni have put him out to pasture. I just noticed hes barefoot one his spidhorse...what kind of general goes out barefoot?
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Lost my Alexander in a trade for Charles... went through withdrawl and had to get him back. Just did for even cheaper than last time. I like having the option of having a really slow, 200 range, relatively powerful card to pull out of my stack since I'm not loaded with cash to spend on this game. You guys are just crazy awesome for undervaluing him. THANK YOU Smile
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:15 pm

he's gone down to about 70TE for fresh unit. possibly even less.
Back to top Go down
zeroxlll

zeroxlll

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:45 am

I understand you feeling.
good luck to pass !! Neutral
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:45 am

u guys really hate Alexander that much, huh?

just to share... after the training event, i messaged my allies to say that my leader is taking a 'break' for 24 hours. i replaced the leader with a L1 Alexander.

it's recruitment time... no one actually needs their allies to have a strong leader.

24 hours later... i noticed my ally count is only at 29. ya, someone dropped me.

well, there was no 'goodbye' note. so i dunno why i got dropped. some said it's cause of Alexander. but of course i'd like to think that the person just decided to quit the game (both of his accounts -- the alt had added me).

but it's ok... took me 2 days to figure out who actually dropped me. my regular and important ones were all accounted for.

and more importantly... i was able to add someone else who had volunteered to put himself in the queue -- should i drop someone. i din have to be the badguy and drop someone... that's nice.

still... dang... u guys should not hate alexander that much. no matter what... he's still a 6* and show him some respect, will ya? lolz... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is Alexander so undervalued???
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next