Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Why is Alexander so undervalued???

Go down 
+46
chaosme
GnatB
penguizaur
sGabe4
Blargod
RoyalGargoyle
SnowTempest
TypeAlpha
DeathGU1Se
pknott
Lornoth
Grazingcattle
DivideByZero
lmnseason
Esofonic
Pandalicious
VitaeMortifer
velocityhead245
Ckrai
zeroxlll
Whizzah
orionknight
aszutai
hereticloki
bx65
joeladams20
bleachcosplay
ChibiLeen
predator852
themadmanazn
myad
BkWiz
bryancarlo16
zoebeagle
ElysianField
dnonamus
the3ptsling
memphiskite
clocksprocket
tzerherman
GAKUBUN
timlai1209
Sientara
pnoytroi
PatchFirefox
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PatchFirefox

PatchFirefox

Why is Alexander so undervalued??? Empty
PostSubject: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:19 am

Ok, so I just got Alexander as my first 6* and I am ecstatic! Now looking at tier lists like struesdale's and seeing Alexander bottom ranked I have to wonder, why? I'm comparing units on the master list and Alex is the highest total damage AoE 6* to date. His disadvantage is his speed I understand that. But I feel he should at least be in Tier 3 because of how balanced his stats are and how large his range is. Faith is an AoE 6* ranked higher than Alexander but has a very low Air hit, still a pretty slow D speed, and smaller range. So why is she ranked higher than Alexander? I'd appreciate forum feedback Very Happy

Also noting they both have the Same cost to put out and same Type (Magic)
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:26 am

First and foremost struesdell's list is not to be used as a pricing guide as stated in the disclaimer of the thread. It is just a tier list based on skills of the cards. Nor does it depict the demand and supply of the current market. It is just that. Cards ranked by its stats.
Back to top Go down
PatchFirefox

PatchFirefox

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:30 am

I understand that and made no reference to pricing. I'm just curious as to why Faith is ranked higher than Alexander. It seems to be general consensus in game as well so I would just like to know why.
Back to top Go down
Sientara
☆☆
Sientara

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:06 am

PatchFirefox wrote:
I understand that and made no reference to pricing. I'm just curious as to why Faith is ranked higher than Alexander. It seems to be general consensus in game as well so I would just like to know why.

I am not that fond of him because of how slow he is. His spear just seems to crawl, and because of that misses the faster enemies. His E speed seems to be even slower than Jane and Hiedemarie.
Back to top Go down
timlai1209
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
timlai1209

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:35 am

PatchFirefox wrote:

First, let's take a look on Alexander's max stats.

Ground attackAir attackSea attack

Compared to Cornelia, Faith and beatrix, although Alexander's stats ranked at Third in 6* Area attack, he still gets more disadvantage, like poor E attack speed, slowest projectile, poor stats, else.Besides, Beatrix get 15 cost that compensate her sightly lower stats.Hence, he is ranked at the last compared to other 6* area attack.

Now, take a look on all 6*, we can see that the disadvantage of Alexander is more obvious and serious for a 6*. Finally, when Alexander is useful for maybe just the event similar to the colosseum. However, if you have traded some good 5* for him, You might be regret after the next event.

In conclusion, Alexander is not under-valued, but the market price is pretty fair to him as he is still a " 6* ".
Back to top Go down
GAKUBUN

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:21 am

Remembered that I met one team who owned Alexander as team members at colosseum event, there was one time that Alexander had no chance to attack. Because of the speed and Alexander was knocked back and slowered again and again. Then I won the battle and
had no chance to suffer area attack from Alexander~~~
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
tzerherman

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 am

In a nutshell, he's too slow. Even in E speed units, his projectile throwing motion is also one of the slowest, meaning that his attacks take longer to reach the enemies rather than say, hildegard's cannonball does. E speed refers to the time interval where they finish "recharging" and can attack again, but cannot do so if their weapon/attack is still "on the way" to the enemy.
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
tzerherman

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:22 am

And of course, compared to skills like Knockback and Slow, people don't like AoE as much, thus pulling his value down more.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:24 am

I'll leave this be, though if you ever have an issue with struesdell's ranking list, please post in that thread why.

But basically, his stats aren't that great and his speed is so slow that he's near useless (well, okay, it's not that bad. It's just compared to most other 6*s, he just doesn't cut it). Also, area attack hasn't been known to be the best skill out there either.

And in terms of things like Faith -- there's less than 50 of her in existence. You do the math in terms of what that would mean to her price compared to Alexander's.

If nothing else, the E-speed and not great stats are a huge factor.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 pm

I find it funny that Heidemarie is so much better than Alexander, even when she's a 5*.... XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
the3ptsling

the3ptsling

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Ive been referring to him as lolexander. I even thought about saying sorry to people that draw him. I drew him and dont even want to level him because I doubt I'd use him even then.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:39 am

His speed is almost comical.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
timlai1209
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
timlai1209

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:14 am

Just saw you tricked a noob by trading Alexander for 3 5* today.

You did like what dirty things Neva did in the past.Mad

Last edited by timlai1209 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:32 am

Maybe time they introduce a F speed.
Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:43 am

ElysianField wrote:

Or "Z" speed... lol!
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:27 pm

zoebeagle wrote:
ElysianField wrote:

Or "Z" speed... lol!

No... has to be F speed.... stands for.... you know....

Z speed makes it sound quick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 pm

so zetta slow!
Back to top Go down
bryancarlo16

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:19 am

I traded mine with 210 TEs, max plau, max franz and cam. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 am

Zaney speed?
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:41 am

timlai1209 wrote:
Just saw you tricked a noob by trading Alexander for 3 5* today.

You did like what dirty things Neva did in the past.Mad

What do you mean? I traded mine lv 108 away for 5 5* three of them maxed, and people say I got the short end of the stick, lol.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:37 am

Alex is only useful in coliseum battles where his laughable missile speed is not an issue.

If they just halved Alexander's missile speed, he would easily be a mid tier 6*.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:09 pm

its sad to see Alexandar (not Alex, the 4*) be so under-valued.

if anything, i do blame SS for not having the right scenario for Alexander to really shine.

he is really good when you come across a situation (TD game aspect) where there are many 'tanks' (high HP). you just need to slow these tanks down even more and let Alex do the work.

i realised that SS is not stupid... the slow units like Alex can actually hit fast targets. meaning... if a enemy is a fast one, Alexander willl throw based on the trajectory (projected location when his spear hits). <-- this applies to other slow units.

but of course most of the time, we dun see it because other units would have killed the enemy first. so we think the spear did not hit anything.

besides being a very heavy hitter, Alexander can also be a 2nd row attacker. he has an attack range of 200 (the highest in the game so far -- a few other units have this). so when you come across a situation where you can place two rows of defenders (like when you attack someone which you can usually only use 8 units on the front front row even though you can place 10 units), Alexander can be deployed on the back row...

having said that... i dun mind getting an L1 Alexander from anyone who still thinks he's useless... since he's that useless, why not sell to me at 50TE? Smile
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:01 pm

As others have mentioned, his attack speed and projectile travel speed is too slow. Furthermore, he has the LOWEST DPS of any 6* of the game.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Yeah the problem isn't Alexander (well it is Razz) it's his competition. EVERY other 6* and a couple of 5*s do more damage per second, and that's what really counts.

Myad, I've thrown Alexander down in the second row against defenses, and I've seen him throw where the fast unit will be...but GODNESS he's so slow!!!!

The cons outweigh the pros (or "pro" because he has like one any given day.) WAYYY too much to consider using him competitivly.

That being said I'll never trade for him, but if I pulled him I'd probably keep or give away for free...
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm

predator852 wrote:
That being said I'll never trade for him, but if I pulled him I'd probably keep or give away for free...
you know my Game ID, right? Very Happy

i can assure you that i'll not sell him away should u give him to me free... Smile

predator852 wrote:
Myad, I've thrown Alexander down in the second row against defenses, and I've seen him throw where the fast unit will be...but GODNESS he's so slow!!!!
oh, i use him on the tanks... not on fast units. i use others for fast units... yes, he's probably too slow even for 'slowed' fast units ...

Last edited by myad on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Alexander so undervalued???   Why is Alexander so undervalued??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is Alexander so undervalued???
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next