Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Soul Hunter event Training

Go down 
+15
orionknight
po1102
Callanthe
wowyogurt
lmnseason
rotarywhiz
themadmanazn
XiaoLongBao
KuroStar
ChibiLeen
Kingcolex
bx65
Br4dford
Arithion
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 pm

orionknight wrote:
I don't like how the amount of shards is completely random. I would fight Henry lvl 34 and get 68 shards, but then fight him again at lvl35 and get 42. Anyone else saw this or am I crazy?

You're not crazy. Or we both are. Razz

I really hate this too. I mean, it does seem that the amount of shards you can get from a Phantom increases with level, but it still varies a lot. I can get over 100 shards from Henry or Mary or Anne, and then receive something like 40 in the next encounter with the same boss. If the shards per level progression were completely linear, it would've been a better gameplay mechanic in my opinion. Receiving the same amount of shards from a level 60 Phantom as the amount it could give you at level 1 is just silly.
Back to top Go down
orionknight
☆☆
orionknight

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Alright! I am not the only crazy person in loony ville!

But seriously I get upset when that happens. So much wrong about this event I could scream. Weither it be about card packs, random encounters, random shards, and also the lag! (which was supposibly fixed) I am really gald for those who got something worth while out of the event. As for me I got my Mary, now I will take her back to my place and make use of her.......for defence. I swear it!
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:00 pm

57803882 wrote:
po1102 wrote:
Well I'm pretty sure a lvl 1 Mary can't give you 168 shards which I got from my lvl 100+.

Don't know, from what I saw there have been quite huge aberrations - I saw anything from 40 shards to 136 shards at the levels I usually fight.

Can you record shard results from battle for, say, 10 boss battles at higher levels?
I'm interested in name of the Boss, his level and shards gained, for each battle. Also, what training area are you using?

The amount of shards you get from bosses is still random, the the range which the amount of shards must stay in does increase with boss level. Say you often get like 16 shards with level 1 or 2 bosses, the lowest I've got for level 100+ was 70ish, highest was 180. So higher level bosses do give more shards, you still need luck in the end though.

And I'm running 1-5 btw, all my 4* bosses are 100+ (been deleveling them to stay around this level), eliz is 25, ethel is 2.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm

The only thing linear about higher level bosses is the BT gains. You gain 1% more BT per boss level. So a level 120 boss would give 2.2 times normal BT gains.

For losses, I haven't tested it extensively, but I know the first drop is 10% from normal BT gain (So a 1k BT Ethelred would drop to 900 BT on second try).

For successive attempts past the second...Idk if it's an additional 10% from the current total (So 810) OR if it's 10% from the original figure (800). Or if it just stops at 90% BT won.

What this means is, if it takes more than 1 try to kill a monster on a consistent basis, you probably are better off deleveling it to a more managable level so it can be one shotted this way you can maximize BT gain. Each time you engage and let it flee, it drops 3 levels.

This applies to Ethelred too, though considering how rarely you encounter her, I highly doubt you will be unable to one shot her unless you have level 5 allies or no one shows up etc. I've been running training non-stop with Paris and have only encountered her around 40 times.
Back to top Go down
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:22 am

BkWiz wrote:
This applies to Ethelred too, though considering how rarely you encounter her, I highly doubt you will be unable to one shot her unless you have level 5 allies or no one shows up etc. I've been running training non-stop with Paris and have only encountered her around 40 times.
So Paris increases her rate of appearance x10 (only 4 times meeting her without him for me)
How often did you meet Elizabeth?
Back to top Go down
kgst
☆☆☆
kgst

PostSubject: which training area for this event?   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Just wondering what the best training area is for this event, should I just do whatever one costs the least points?
Back to top Go down
http://FantasiTrade.com
GrooTheWanderer

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Does anyone know if the skill "Hunter of Darkness" applies to event bosses?
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:22 pm

GrooTheWanderer wrote:
Does anyone know if the skill "Hunter of Darkness" applies to event bosses?

It doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Jim4good
☆☆
Jim4good

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm finding more phantoms at the higher training levels
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:57 pm

First: to ask question, please use the dedicated "Got questions?" thread. Or better yet, first check out the amazing FAQ compiled by Memphiskite.

Second: for event related questions, first check out the dedicated thread in the Current Events section (both closed and public). The questions like the one you asked are asked and answered at least every couple of pages there.

To answer your question: there is no best training area for this event. NONE. Some people have better encounter rates at later levels, some have great results in the first chapter... It's completely random.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Hunter event Training
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2