Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Soul Hunter event Training

Go down 
+15
orionknight
po1102
Callanthe
wowyogurt
lmnseason
rotarywhiz
themadmanazn
XiaoLongBao
KuroStar
ChibiLeen
Kingcolex
bx65
Br4dford
Arithion
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arithion
☆☆
Arithion

Soul Hunter event Training Empty
PostSubject: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:37 am

Hi does anyone know if the probability of encountering a Phantom is different for different Levels of training?

I usually farm 10-4 but if you have the same chance of encountering a Phantom in that as for example 1-1 (using a lot less training points) then it's probably best to farm that one isn't it?

Back to top Go down
Br4dford
☆☆
Br4dford

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:54 am

I have heard the higher the level the better your chances of better bosses and encounters, but then again I have no hard evidence.
Back to top Go down
Arithion
☆☆
Arithion

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:20 am

ok thanks will try different things out i guess and see if i notice any changes ^_^
Back to top Go down
bx65
☆☆☆☆☆☆
bx65

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:27 am

that was the case for the halloween, i encountered more vampires the higher i went
Back to top Go down
Kingcolex

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:35 am

bx65 wrote:
that was the case for the halloween, i encountered more vampires the higher i went
Whats the highest lvl ? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 am

Kingcolex wrote:
bx65 wrote:
Whats the highest lvl ? Anyone know?

New chapters have been added during last maintenance. I'm on training chapter 24 now, not sure I'll go further during the event. I've had exactly the same encounter rate on chapter 1 so far, and the TP cost is much lower.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:55 am

1-5 sucks. Encountered lesser than 10-5 though some say they encOuntered more phantoms at Chapter 1 Training...
Back to top Go down
XiaoLongBao
☆☆
XiaoLongBao

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Its random but logically speaking less tp used in chapter 1 means more taps = more chances to encounter. However, speaking from experience from halloween event chapter 1 I have never encountered vampiress but managed to get Ghost Witch and Frankenstein to lv 100 and Werewolf to lv 30.

Once I switched to higher training levels though I encountered Werewolf and Vampiress a lot more.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:18 pm

I have encountered Elizabeth at least 7 times training on 1-5 and Ethelred at least twice on 1-5. I am not using a event unit. Have people had better success on higher levels?
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Encounter rate and chance of rarer boss were greater on higher levels for me. Using Tom has not made any difference, though.

Basically, I believe that the event is completely random, and I'm beginning to doubt that event units change anything.
Back to top Go down
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆
rotarywhiz

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:48 pm

They say this in the rules on the soul hunters page.

Some special units, when equipped as your leader unit, will grant bonuses exclusive to the Soul Hunters Event.

The special units confer the following bonuses -

- Increase your chances of meeting rarer phantoms
- Increase damage of soul spikes sent from allies

* The amount increased depends on the rarity of the special unit.

From what i can tell from what they said is yes Tom may increase your chances but because he is only a 3* its a very small percentage so you might as well use a regular unit. I think the only units that will probably make any kind of noticeable difference are the 5* and 6* units.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:52 pm

rotarywhiz wrote:
They say this in the notice on the soul hunters page.

Some special units, when equipped as your leader unit, will grant bonuses exclusive to the Soul Hunters Event.

From what i can tell from what they said is yes Tom may increase your chances but because he is only a 3* its a very small percentage so you might as well use a regular unit. I think the only units that will probably make any kind of noticeable difference are the 5* and 6* units.

I find their wording odd "Increase your chances of meeting a rarer phantoms." Does this mean...

1. The chance to meet a boss is the same, just you have a higher chance to meet rarer ones like Elizabeth and Ethelred. (The roll for encounters stays the same, but the roll to see what you encounter gets better)

2. Increase the chance to meet a boss but not affect how rare the boss is? (the roll for encounters gets better, but rolls for what you encounter stays the same)

3. Both?
Back to top Go down
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆
rotarywhiz

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:03 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
rotarywhiz wrote:

I find their wording odd "Increase your chances of meeting a rarer phantoms." Does this mean...

1. The chance to meet a boss is the same, just you have a higher chance to meet rarer ones like Elizabeth and Ethelred. (The roll for encounters stays the same, but the roll to see what you encounter gets better)

2. Increase the chance to meet a boss but not affect how rare the boss is? (the roll for encounters gets better, but rolls for what you encounter stays the same)

3. Both?

That's just it no one really knows we can only guess, but if its anything like their track record of "chances" on their premium card packs and boxes I think i will stick with a normal unit for this event.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:14 pm

rotarywhiz wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
rotarywhiz wrote:

3. Both?

That's just it no one really knows we can only guess, but if its anything like their track record of "chances" on their premium card packs and boxes I think i will stick with a normal unit for this event.

I am just sticking with a normal unit as well, no 4* and a really bad 5* pretty much killed it for me.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:59 pm

I just encountered Elizabeth twice in a row at 1-5 with 98 training points.
Back to top Go down
Kingcolex

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 am

StarOnyx wrote:
1-5 sucks. Encountered lesser than 10-5 though some say they encOuntered more phantoms at Chapter 1 Training...
Well this is EXACTLY what happened to me, i was getting none for i believe all of chapter 25 and i went up to 27 then saw this went to 1-9 i got like 4 in my first point burn. I usually get one or 2 in my point burn now (238 points).
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Do higher level phantoms tend to give more shards?
Back to top Go down
Callanthe
☆☆☆☆☆
Callanthe

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they give more shards and battle points. otherwise everyone would keep them low level to one-shot them ^.^
Back to top Go down
wowyogurt
☆☆☆☆☆☆
wowyogurt

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:06 am

Oh my, 1-5 really does give a lot of Phantoms. If only I had enough allies :[
Back to top Go down
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 3:04 am

The answer, as usual, lies in statistics.
Records of the amount of Tps I used in 1-5 to get next boss, using non-event lead
http://pastebin.com/dC8Rrjf9

last time I analyzed (need to update the spreadsheet), you get about one boss per hundred TP, or 10% chance - at least at 1-5.

Quote :
No, Ethelred gave the usual 78 Shards. BTs, on the other hand, are VERY tasty (812 for lvl3, compared to usual 100+lvl/2 - 10*retry).

wowyogurt wrote:
Ally effect is really not that great. You get +10 Bt and 1 Shard per 10 Tp for helping them - in terms of BT it is about equal or just a bit better than the usual fight, depending on the boss levels that you can defeat two times out of three (since you have to lose 1 battle in 3 to not make them overpowered), but you lose in Shards. And they allow to fight enemies that are ~10-30 levels higher than usual, but the profit is tiny (5-15 extra Bts per monster). And in terms of Shards they give no help at all.

Back to top Go down
Br4dford
☆☆
Br4dford

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 am

57803882 wrote:

wowyogurt wrote:
Ally effect is really not that great. You get +10 Bt and 1 Shard per 10 Tp for helping them - in terms of BT it is about equal or just a bit better than the usual fight, depending on the boss levels that you can defeat two times out of three (since you have to lose 1 battle in 3 to not make them overpowered), but you lose in Shards. And they allow to fight enemies that are ~10-30 levels higher than usual, but the profit is tiny (5-15 extra Bts per monster). And in terms of Shards they give no help at all.

I think he meant to help him defeat the bosses.
Back to top Go down
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:38 am

Br4dford wrote:
I think he meant to help him defeat the bosses.

I know.
But low level bosses are pathetic, anyone can solo them even using 2*, so he needs no help defeating them.
And everyone eventually has to lose 1 battle out of 3, since otherwise the bosses are getting stronger and stronger with every battle, no matter how strong you and your allies are.
And the difference in BTs that you get between their levels "I can solo them" and "I can take them on using a full trio of my overpowered allies" is so tiny it barely makes a difference. One extra spike is 1500 BTs - at 15 Bts per boss, and 2 bosses every 30 minutes - it is enough to compensate for 25 hours of gameplay difference!
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:36 am

57803882 wrote:
Quote :
No, Ethelred gave the usual 78 Shards. BTs, on the other hand, are VERY tasty (812 for lvl3, compared to usual 100+lvl/2 - 10*retry).

Well I'm pretty sure a lvl 1 Mary can't give you 168 shards which I got from my lvl 100+.
Back to top Go down
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:52 am

po1102 wrote:
Well I'm pretty sure a lvl 1 Mary can't give you 168 shards which I got from my lvl 100+.

Don't know, from what I saw there have been quite huge aberrations - I saw anything from 40 shards to 136 shards at the levels I usually fight.

Can you record shard results from battle for, say, 10 boss battles at higher levels?
I'm interested in name of the Boss, his level and shards gained, for each battle. Also, what training area are you using?
Back to top Go down
orionknight
☆☆
orionknight

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:46 pm

I don't like how the amount of shards is completely random. I would fight Henry lvl 34 and get 68 shards, but then fight him again at lvl35 and get 42. Anyone else saw this or am I crazy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter event Training   Soul Hunter event Training I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Hunter event Training
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next