Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?

Go down 
+17
ggorrell77
sandork
po1102
TiberiusAk
seanlink
Shiny Danmaku
GamingPauper
Roanmarvel
Timed
aikendoe
Spacebug
fairyboy
lucentSwallowtail
PratzStrike
winterfallen
Tasaiomar
xxNibs
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TiberiusAk

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 10:56 am

When not in stud mode, do the princesses always have the same probabilities to show up? Or does it vary with the number of love points you have with them?

I'm hoping to get 7* Kaguya and 6* for the others, but I seem to be getting Suzuka more than the other two and was wondering if I should be trying to keep the three somewhat balanced or not.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Tasaiomar wrote:
Sean, you're right. The first popularity event you always started with half the total. Starting with 500 always (or 1000 in stud mode) was added when they added the points 7* in the second event (Arachne)

I want that leveling system back, "harder" fights should equal more rewards :/

Miscellaneous, but in the first event the mobs were all dudes, which made sense. Now all the females in the game suddenly have become perverts as well and jump on the princesses asking to be licked any chance they get. Bit by bit, they're taking all the sense out of this game lol.

TiberiusAk wrote:
When not in stud mode, do the princesses always have the same probabilities to show up?  Or does it vary with the number of love points you have with them?

I'm hoping to get 7* Kaguya and 6* for the others, but I seem to be getting Suzuka more than the other two and was wondering if I should be trying to keep the three somewhat balanced or not.

Probably just bad RNG. I used to get the ghost girl a lot at the beginning, but Suzuka and Ibuki slowly and steadily trumped her.
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:59 pm

If you're going for the 7*, don't skip any fights in regular mode. Odds are that the three princesses won't stay balanced, but you'll deal with that by picking the right stud modes.
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Tomorrow is the last day, but you're beginning to use stud mode now? I just don't want to miss the subtle timing. Feels like Kerbol Space Program, I don't want to start my burn too soon and miss my mark.

I am sitting at 455364 points total, 9.2k Ibuki, 11.8k Yuugiri, and 9.7 Suzuka. . which is weird because in the first day I was throwing candy at Ibuki. . . RNG indeed.

How detailed can you be about what exactly I Should do and when I should do it? My main goal is the 7*, but if I could pick up and and or all of the 6*'s I'd be super stoked.
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 2:38 pm

I'm guessing your numbers are actually 10x that for the princesses based on your total. I'm burning today to prove my numbers out. You're probably close enough to burn if you wanted. When you decide to start, pick your highest princess and use stud mode until 250k. Then switch to second highest and do the same. I'll give detailed numbers for myself when the kids let me.
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 2:53 pm

I tried out my first Stud mode, it was a lot shorter than I thought it'd be. To clarify, I should run from anything not my target, or Kagura, right? I fought an off princess and probably just wasted a lot of time.

I took the Ghost from 118,319 to 124,942. . only a measly 6k in gains. I defo don't feel good about that.
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Are the points earned for items given for a request increased during Stud mode too?
Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 4:06 pm

GamingPauper wrote:
I tried out my first Stud mode, it was a lot shorter than I thought it'd be.  To clarify, I should run from anything not my target, or Kagura, right?  I fought an off princess and probably just wasted a lot of time.

I took the Ghost from 118,319 to 124,942. . only a measly 6k in gains.  I defo don't feel good about that.  

Yes, fighting for a girl during the stud mode of another girl is definitely going to kill that stud mode's gains. =( Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
sandork

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Hey pauper. It's ken from your allies list. I can lend you out a 6 EU , just give it back after the event.

I'm making great ground with my 7 EU .. And it's so refreshing not having to switch to more powerful leads for my active allies...

Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 9:07 pm

The points for gifting do not appear to be increased during stud mode.

As for burning, it goes pretty smoothly with the princesses near 100k each. I'm doing stud mode for the regular princesses, just trying to fight the selected one only (unless there's less than 30 seconds remaining, then I'm not picky). With an EU 6*, I'm encountering Kaguya once for every two stud modes. I always fight her and give as many snacks as I can. Overall points will be far less of an issue than getting all 3 princess 6*s. You can reach the overall goal easily by advancing just two of the princesses through stud mode. Hopefully it's going well for everyone. If it'd be helpful to have a brief description of how to play stud mode, let me know and I'll describe it.

Also, why I'm burning today: I wanted to try burning from the point I was saying it could be done, so I started at 400k total, with the princesses each between 82k and 107k, using an EU 6*. Another reason is that I'd like to change my lead in time to go for Colo wins. Two events at once messes with me. Finally, it's just a little easier on my schedule. Today was a weekend, tomorrow is work and class. I'm not trying to trick anyone. My advice is still to wait if you can.

Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 4:29 am

Current Status, morning of the final day. I think I have burnt 4 lilies, I have 6 on hand, and 3 in my mailbox.

Ibuki is at 108,576
Yuugiri is at 203,667
Suzuka is at 120,546
Total points 639,349

I have a few hundred chimes and teas, they don't seem to ask that often. Wondering if I should just dump them by the 100s when I am asked for them. I have given away 8 million Luna. . don't have to worry about being at cap anymore.

Since I've gotten Yuugiri's tiger lilies, I can just forget she exists and focus on Suzuka, is 6-9 lilies really going to carry me 80k?

I'm burnt out, completely out of candies, can't seem to stay in them anymore. Still give them to Kagura whenever she pops up. I do now have a 6* EU at least thanks to Ken. 300k in a day seems like a long long way since it took me three days to come up the first 600k.
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:12 am

I am presently at a little over 730k, with each of the girls in the 180-190k range. I still have 10 lilies, and should get 6 more shortly (then hopefully another 9). I have also saved up about 140 candies. I think I can get Kagura easilly, the only question is how many of the girls I can get to 300k.

I tried using one of my lilies on Kagura this morning, but did not get her even once. I am thinking I may be better off fighting everything that shows up in stud mode (only using candies on Kagura) until I get the girls to 250k, or I am down to my last few lilies, at which point I will have to decide how many of the girls I can go after.
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:56 am

ggorrell - There's no reason you can't get all 3 girls. You're about to get more lillies than you'll know what to do with. 3 for each girl at 200k, 2 for each girl at 250k, 5 at 800k total, 3 at 900k total. I would just stud mode the girls one at a time up to 250k to collect the lillies, then take them one at a time to 300k. Gives the candies to Kaguya in stud mode, and if you have any left when you're going for 300k on the girls, use them to speed up the last girl.

Gaming - With the EU 6*, you shouldn't have too much trouble. I'd take Yuugiri up to 250k first, then focus on Suzaka. About the time you get Suzaka to 200k, you'll get the 800k overall reward. You know your time better than I do, but I would use those to get Suzaka all the way to 300k, then finish up Yuugiri. You should be able to get both girls and Kaguya 7*. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:40 am

Tasaiomar wrote:
ggorrell - There's no reason you can't get all 3 girls.  You're about to get more lillies than you'll know what to do with.  3 for each girl at 200k, 2 for each girl at 250k, 5 at 800k total, 3 at 900k total.  I would just stud mode the girls one at a time up to 250k to collect the lillies, then take them one at a time to 300k.  Gives the candies to Kaguya in stud mode, and if you have any left when you're going for 300k on the girls, use them to speed up the last girl.

Gaming - With the EU 6*, you shouldn't have too much trouble.  I'd take Yuugiri up to 250k first, then focus on Suzaka.  About the time you get Suzaka to 200k, you'll get the 800k overall reward.  You know your time better than I do, but I would use those to get Suzaka all the way to 300k, then finish up Yuugiri.  You should be able to get both girls and Kaguya 7*.  Good luck!

And just to reiterate, if you have the time. YES, you should absolutely be grinding quests for snacks if you're concerned. Feeding Kagura to the max whenever she does appear in Stud Mode is very very helpful. I wish I could continue to contribute to this discussion, but unfortunately (or fortunately for me), I was able to borrow an EU7 just for yesterday, so I started burning my lilies then, while I had her. So my case isn't particularly helpful. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:07 pm

ggorrell77 wrote:
I am presently at a little over 730k, with each of the girls in the 180-190k range. I still have 10 lilies, and should get 6 more shortly (then hopefully another 9). I have also saved up about 140 candies. I think I can get Kagura easilly, the only question is how many of the girls I can get to 300k.

I tried using one of my lilies on Kagura this morning, but did not get her even once. I am thinking I may be better off fighting everything that shows up in stud mode (only using candies on Kagura) until I get the girls to 250k, or I am down to my last few lilies, at which point I will have to decide how many of the girls I can go after.

The rivalry penalty of 80% love meter (50% during stud mode) is really punishing.  I'm also around 750k overall points and don't have a single girl at 200k yet!  Doesn't help that I haven't seen Suzuka in about 20 encounters now so she's been sitting at ~195k for hours now.

I'm a little late to the when to use flowers debate, but I'll just caution people to remember it that stud mode takes 5-6 minute to complete.  So you can only use 9 or 10 / hour.

As Tasaiomar mentioned, we're about to be flooded with lilies today, so plan accordingly (taking me and ggorell's case, we're still due 23 lilies)!

This is why I used all my lilies yesterday, since I didn't foresee myself having enough time to burn everything today.
Back to top Go down
PratzStrike

PratzStrike

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:44 pm

So I wanted to chime in for a moment about something I'm dealing with. I was only able to get an EU 5* for this event, and right now I'm around 550k total, trying to push to 200k on Sukuya to get some more lilies to continue the push. I do not think this strategy can work with anything less than the EU 6* - not a problem with the strategy, just the way the mechanics of the game works, which sucks, but eh.

EDIT: One of the primary mechanics that I think explains this is the rarity of the 4th girl in these events. Someone with no EU at all has a very rare chance of seeing them, even in Stud mode. With an EU 5* I see her every so often. A friend with an EU 8* sees her constantly. This makes a big difference.
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Yeah I have started burning lilies every time I have 5 minutes to spare. Burned about 5 or 6 so far today, which has taken me over 900k, with 250k for Suzuka (she is showing up a lot right now), and 210k for each of the other two. Once I get one of the girls over 300k I will start ignoring her in stud mode.

Looking like it is going to be easy to get 300k for all the girls, but I suspect ranking is not a possibility.
Back to top Go down
fairyboy

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Tasaiomar, thx for your explanation^.^really help me a lot due to last time i play the wrong strategy in the popularity event>.<
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm glad that my advice is helping some people. I wasted a lot of time and resources on the first few popularity events, so I'm really just trying to help the learning curve for whoever I can. Since finding a strategy that works for me, I've been a fan of this event and how much you can do without burning a ton of resources. The abundance of EU this time was a surprise, but hopefully made it more accessible.
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:59 am

I have my results in.

Ibuki 318,393
Yuugiri 315,701
Suzuka 209,302
Total ranking 566

. . . oddly enough I don't have my final Total BT (I'm going off a screen shot of my Princess score card.)

I want to thank Tasaiomar, good sir you are a Boss. Your estimates are crazy accurate and on point. Also madd props to Ken, the good samaritan who lent me a 6* EU for the last two days.

I hit my goal of the 7*, although far as secondary goals went I'm disappointed I went as Haamtaro as I did and didn't get the 3rd princess and under 500 rank for A n o t h e r event 6* ( I suffer crazy OCD when it comes to collectibles)

Some of my thoughts and things learned. . If I were to do this again, I don't think I would even try with out a 6* from day ONE. I think it is possible with 5*, I actually hit the spectrum. I would forget to swap leaders ( did so on the final hour this morning, first encounter. . STUD Kagura [of course. . . ]) 1000 flat, I bought 3 step ups for 6 lame 4*s, copies on copies. 1100-1150ish per win, I bought a 5* day two for 1200 to 1250ish per win, and went I was upgraded to a 6* it went to 1500 - 1550 per win. The difference between the 5 and 6 is like every 4 wins of a with the 6, I get a free win/fight when compared to the 5 ( 5 x 1200 being 6k, and 4x 1500 being 6k) It adds up over days and countless battles.

I bought the 5* EU for 2 tickets because it seemed economical, I believe when I checked for 6* they were going for 30. Although in reflection I think the prices wasn't so bad. End of the day/event I would have had 3 more 6* than I do now, and I could probably have sold off two I liked least to make up the cost if I wanted too and still have been +1 6* and some resources from higher ranking.
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 5:02 am

Is DICE really up next? I was hoping to take an event off to recover. (The fates are cruel, I have watch tonight after work for an extra 6pm to midnight shift) Can I get some info on DICE? I've seen it come up, something about a 200 chest, and items that make your odds better, how that equates to another 7 star if you do it right? Its all out of context for me, since I haven't seen the event. . but I will probably see the event before I see the reply here, but more solid info like I got on this event would be greatly appreciated. . .

Also, the most important piece of information. . Time comparison, since I got the rough idea that 200 chest + mystery item = shiny things. . . I have no idea what time sink is involved in that because I can't do that again. .. ( x_x) Not back to back anyways.
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:55 am

Gaming - I'm glad my advice helped. I should have focused more on how much the EU 6* would help compared to the EU 5*, as I think it would have helped a few people.

As for dice, you can get away with less time for dice since it's more about what you put into it. The two basic paths I'd recommend are laps or chests, and the comparison is basically $5 or a lotto ticket.

With laps the goal is simple: complete as many laps as possible, particularly special levels. Take the shortest paths that also have bosses, since they drop the shards that unlock the special level. Bosses and laps all give some items (but remember to pull the items out of your inbox). Use plain dice to move farther and complete laps faster.

With chests, you're trying to strike it rich all at once. You should have 2 of the big dice for free. Save those until the moment is perfect. Start by fighting bosses for a while. Your goal is to get a variety of Move cards and Come-on-4 or High roll 4-6 cards. Save those roll cards too. Once you have one, use your Move cards to land on every gold chest you can. There are more chests in the special levels, so go there too. When you land on one, you want to see it's rarity (normal, Rare!, or EPIC!!!). You're looking for an EPIC chest that needs a high roll to open. 120-150 tends to be the chest 6*, while 200-ish should be the chest 7*. They're hard to find, but once you do, use the high roll card then the big dice. You'll get 10 dice to roll, plus the influencing card. The odds are still not in your favor, but you have a shot. Put on your lucky shorts and give it a go.

Beyond that, I don't know a ton about the dice event. If you need more specific strategies, I highly recommend the event thread. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:39 pm

If I am on a map with no gold chest should I just use my normal dice to breeze through it as quick as possible? I don't even know what other questions to ask at this point. Only taken a few laps, maybe four. I definitely don't have the time to hit it for BT, and no EU this time. I'm going to hope to get lucky on the golden chest. I think I got pwnt by a 41 req rare chest.

Where will I find the high roll card? I feel like I look at the wrong place for the event thread, when I go to the thread for the event its just info on the event and no one talking. .

Crossing fingers though, Gilgamesh would round me out, I'd have an range, melee, and a mage in the 7* bracket. Plus I just finished watching fate/stay so the name is cool. . .
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Tasaiomar wrote:
Gaming - I'm glad my advice helped.  I should have focused more on how much the EU 6* would help compared to the EU 5*, as I think it would have helped a few people.

The trend with Popularity events have been to make it harder and harder to get multiple grind rewards.

For Monster Maidens I ran a 4* EU and hit Slime around the time I hit Arachne 6 (the 4th princess for that event).

This time the rivalry penalty was so punishing (a whopping 80% / 50%) that with an EU 6 I had to overshoot Kagura just to get a second maiden. If I had 4 more flowers or a few more hours to grind I probably could have gotten all 4 6*'s.

Anyways, the takeaway for me is that grinding Popularity is going to require a EU 6* in the future and they're probably going to keep making it harder to get multiple grind rewards, so be ready for that (so far they've monkeyed with the love meter, the gift items, the points / day necessary, the rivalry penalty...).

On the plus side, they haven't touched the very generous rewards for Popularity that make grinding that much easier (they also haven't fixed the bug that gives out 3 pot instead of 3 pot(p) =p).
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Roan - Actually, the rules have felt pretty static to me for the past 3 popularity events. The % penalty went up a while ago when they eliminated the EU penalty (it used to boost the gain AND the loss). But I'll concede that it's a tough, long grind with an EU 5*, and probably necessary for most people to get an EU 6* to get all the 6*. Ranking this time was tougher than usual because there were so many EU available. Normally ranking for the 6* isn't nearly as difficult.

Gaming - You get cards two ways: defeating bosses and landing on ally squares (inconveniently unmarked on the map). Bosses usually give movement cards, but can give other cards. Allies seem more likely to give the other cards (Ally assist, Come-on, High/Low roll, Stop, etc.). Aim for bosses and allies until you get either the Come-on-4 or High roll cards. The odds are such that you're basically wasting your dice if you try without one of those two (and before you ask, no I don't know which is best by the numbers - but anecdotally I've heard more success stories from the Come-on-4). As a side note, once you're really focusing on Gold chests, don't just neglect those with really small numbers to open. 5-9 roll to open tend to have pure inside, so even when you don't get what you're looking for, there's still something to gain at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next