Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?

Go down 
+17
ggorrell77
sandork
po1102
TiberiusAk
seanlink
Shiny Danmaku
GamingPauper
Roanmarvel
Timed
aikendoe
Spacebug
fairyboy
lucentSwallowtail
PratzStrike
winterfallen
Tasaiomar
xxNibs
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

So, I'm not sure if this strategy is going to work for me, but here goes (sharing here in case anyone didn't think of it and wants to use it too):

Quest > Still have time on the cooldown timer > Train until encounter and fight > Although there may be TP left to grind out, go back to quest and do it (cooldown should have ended) > Rinse/repeat

My thought behind this was to maximize questing time as well (need more snacks). TP also regenerates while questing, and so I can go a long time with "things to do" using this alternating strategy. Mind you, I never let TP get too close to max so I might do a bit more training/more encounters until starting my next quest. Also, I don't know how well this will work on higher TP stages. I suspect you'll run out of TP faster and be waiting for both quest time cooldown and TP regen. But for these smaller stages, I'm quite happy.

I hope that's not too confusing. And by all means, if you think my strategy is bad, please say so. I don't want to lead anyone down the wrong path =) Including myself XD

Back to top Go down
fairyboy

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:56 am

ehhh...some question here
1) Is it possible to get all the princess to 200k??
2) Is there any difference if I give the gift to the princess in a different amount? Like 10, 100 or all?
3) During the 1st 3days, should we give the snack to all princes or only the 4th princess?
4) During the stud mode, are we only defend the princess we choose? Or all the princess?
5) Any method figure out how many hit do the multi-hit unit did?
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:16 pm

1) Is it possible to get all the princess to 200k??

It's very possible.  Most of these events have been spaced so that with an EU 5* or 6*, you can finish all 4 story lines (1 mil overall, 300k to each princess this time).  It would be hard with no EU, but I've seen EU 5* for 2 te.

2) Is there any difference if I give the gift to the princess in a different amount? Like 10, 100 or all?

Yes and no.  For items, it's 10 per item plus a small random amount.  When starved for resources, I tend to give just 1 to the 3 princesses to get the random amount.  For units, it's based on star rating, but I don't recall the exact amount right now.  I tend to give away as many Epona as they'll take.

3) During the 1st 3days, should we give the snack to all princes or only the 4th princess?

This is going to be slightly goal and resource dependant.  I would say only to the 4th princess, because it will get you 3x the total points as giving to a princess.  Everything is worth double in stud mode though, so 2x normal for each princess and 6x for the 4th princess.  This is why I advocate saving for the last day (and why I say don't worry about getting equal progress each day).  Also, the one time I had an EU 7*, I couldn't keep up even only giving to the 4th princess and saved everything for stud mode 4th princess only.  Basically, if you're using resources faster than you can recover them, slow down and save more.

4) During the stud mode, are we only defend the princess we choose? Or all the princess?

Again, this is goal dependent.  They all get points doubled, but the princess you chose has only 5 mobs attack!  If you chose the 4th princess, then all only have 10 attack.  It is fastest to defend just the princess you chose.  If you find the 4th though and your goal is total points, I'd say defend her.  I find it costs the time of two encounters with the princess you chose, but gets you 3x the points (plus more bonus for snacks).  I would avoid the other two though unless you only have a few seconds left of Stud mode time (because it's better than nothing).

5) Any method figure out how many hit do the multi-hit unit did?

I don't have a method beyond trial and error unfortunately.  Zhao does 7-8, Willie I hear does 10.  Most do 3-5 though.  It seems like the kind of thing we should track somewhere, but no one has done the work yet to my knowledge.

Bonus answer:

Swallowtail has pegged the timing exactly right.  That's my pattern when free grinding as well.  It does fall apart a bit at the higher floors, and it requires a lot of time.  As with all things Fanta, you need to gauge for yourself the time and energy to put into it.

*Editted for typos - I'm sure there's more though. Apparently I like to talk about this event...
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Is it worth to burn pots during regular training for faster progress?
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 1:03 pm

If you have a large supply of pots and want to save yourself some time, then maybe.  Personally, I wouldn't.  The only time I've used pots during regular training was to reach a 10th floor boss for a particular bonus, but that was always toward the end of the event.  It's not up on the wiki yet, but usually floors 50, 80, and 100 give a flower.  Still, you'll get much more from your pots in Stud mode, and if you have extra to burn (and at least an EU 6*) then my advise would be to try the 4th princess stud mode and only defend her (it will be roughly the same encounter rate, so you'll decline a lot of fights even with an EU 7*).  There's always a chance the RNG will curse you when you try that, but if it smiles upon you and you get 4-5 encounters with her and max the snacks then you can really gain a lot of ground.

*Edit - I should note, this is not my recommended strategy for most people. Doing a quick count, it looks like you can get ~35 flowers for free pretty easily. Those stud modes will probably use ~50 pots even playing conservatively (though I also counted 54 free pot(p) available, so it's not really a huge concern).
Back to top Go down
aikendoe
☆☆
aikendoe

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Tasaiomar, Lucent, thanks for your great explanations. Last question: how much bt you need to get before the last day? Like 50% of total 7* cost? Or less?
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:45 pm

I would feel pretty comfortable going into the last day with about 50% total and 35% on each princess. At those levels, you'll probably overshoot on total, but it's hard to have the princesses in position without hitting 50% total.
Back to top Go down
Timed
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Timed

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:55 pm

PratzStrike wrote:
I actually found the list here: http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/Category:Multi-Shot -

¿_¿ how can there be a multi shot list with no selene or sola ¿_¿
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Since we're talking popularity here, I'll just post up some numbers.

The formula for love points is as follows:

Perfect Defense:
Love Meter + 500 points (+ small random amount)
This is multiplied by the EU bonus (1.1, 1.25, 1.5, 2 for 4/5/6/7 iirc)

The rivalry penalty is 80% of the love meter (!!).

During Stud mode:
Love Meter + 500 points (+ small random amount)
This is multiplied by the EU bonus (1.1, 1.25, 1.5, 2 for 4/5/6/7 iirc)
Notice, this is the same as normal!

Rivalry penalty goes down to 40% of the love meter (Beware: I haven't verified, they like to tweak popularity numbers a lot).

However, there are two important difference to stud mode:
Starting love meter is 1000 points instead of 500
Each candy gives 100 loves points instead of 50

So it's not exactly double, and makes it totally ok to spend all your candies on the 4th princess rather than saving for stud mode (unless you have a high enough EU that you'll hit Kaguya a lot in stud mode).
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 8:11 pm

Roan is right. It's not double total points, only double the gain from giving snacks. My baseline guess for one stud mode of a princess is 10k without an EU, based on 7 fights at 1500 points each. I can usually fit in 8 fights when picking one of the 3, but I like to guess low. Any EU or snacks will boost that, as would finding the 4th princess.

Also, it's perfectly fine to give your snacks to the 4th princess whenever you see her. This was my strategy for a long time before I stumbled into an EU 7* last time. With that EU, I couldn't keep up, as I found the 4th princess more often than any of the others. My only point with that was that it's good to save some for if/when you find the 4th princess during stud mode.
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 9:53 am

Could you guys give me any rough estimates for milestones on the day by day? How many points should I have at the end of today, how many candies? How am I doing currently?

I am ranked 889ish right now, with 68 candies and 175538 Total Love Points at 11am EST. . . and a 5* EU. .

On a side note/question, when I am asked for money I throw the max at em, because I actually hit the Luna cap just before this event. . but I have no idea if it is efficient, or wasteful, or if I will run out before its over. . .
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:40 am

You're keeping a good pace so far. With an EU 5*, you should be able to get 400k from free flowers (and mostly the free pots) even if you have no snacks and you abandon one of the girls. You should be close to 500k after 3 days with your current pace, and the snacks will bridge the last 100k gap.

As for luna, you're probably fine. If you start running low, save a few million for when Kaguya asks.
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 am

Is the multi hitting heroes really best? I picked up Duelo because I didn't have20 to drop on Zhao, but AoE seems tobe doing better for me. Also. . should I be using candy on the Kagura out side ofStud mode, or literally saving every piece for the final day stud rush?
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 11:56 am

Multi hit heroes are stronger than they should be. Area attack + knock back is a more traditional way to approach it.

It's fine to give candy to Kaguya whenever you find her. All I'm advising is to keep some on hand for stud mode. You'll also get quite a bit from rewards, so you'll get more. No matter how much I save though, I almost always find myself out of them before I run out of flowers.
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 12:04 pm

You've been really helpful. I greatly appreciate it. I just want to do as well as possible this event. I'd like a second 7*. Any advice on how to find better allies? I don't mind the low level EU for the event, because I am doing that too. . but all the baby Vontain's are killing me.
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Oh, one more that might not be obvious (and will explain my stance on snacks): a maximum of 10 only means 10 at a time. I just met a Kaguya with a 500/4000 bar. I could have given her 70 snacks (up to 10 at a time). You can get a lot of points that way, but it will eat candies fast. In stud mode, that would be 1000/4000 and only take 30 snacks.

As for finding allies, usually just ask. If you're active, there's always people looking. The event threads for more ally intensive events (training, gifting, etc.) always have people looking for new allies.
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 12:20 pm

Also, for those confused: snacks = candies = chocolates. It's all the item that fills the love meter in fights. Those are just the names from different popularity events.
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 12:42 pm

I learned the bit about 10 max the hard way after one day of goin at it. Kept thinking Why does she have a cap of 1050 - 1150 if I Cannot raise her above 1000? Derp. . . What is the Max love per battle related too? Reason I use them now is because I thought maybe I'd get too many to use up during the final day. . Starting to realize that was a silly concern.
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 12:46 pm

On a side note. . I've started to lose rarely, its why I am double checking my active allies/quality. -5000 points seems huge set back. Will the number of face stompingbattles increases as my training level goes up, or the Popularity/encounter # goes up, or is it completely random? Is it going to get worse the farther I Go?
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Max love is related to difficulty. As you progress, you'll be more likely to meet harder fights, but any difficulty is possible. If allies are a problem, you can consider using stud mode. Those fights are much easier (having only 5 mobs). Just make sure you have a few snacks in case you find Kaguya.
Back to top Go down
Shiny Danmaku

Shiny Danmaku

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 4:14 pm

You can close and restart the game before the end of the battle to prevent the point loss. Don't continue the battle if the game asks it.
Back to top Go down
seanlink
☆☆☆☆
seanlink

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 4:31 pm

In the first Popularity Event when you had battles with more mobs and more Max LP didn't the base LP start higher too? Feel like 2nd event is when they made it always be 500.
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Sean, you're right. The first popularity event you always started with half the total. Starting with 500 always (or 1000 in stud mode) was added when they added the points 7* in the second event (Arachne)
Back to top Go down
GamingPauper

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 7:14 am

Question. I was hitting the I believe button, but why wait until the final day to hit up stud mode? Is there any disadvantage to using some today?
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 7:55 am

Okay, so here's the reasons I wait until the last day to use stud mode:

Control: I don't really like wasting effort, or hoping the RNG smiles upon me. By waiting, I know where each princess is in the grind. This allows me to target the milestones as efficiently as possible. It's only a little important toward the primary goal of getting the 7*, but it helps a lot if you're trying to get all the 6* princesses.

Momentum: The other reason to wait is that you can't get all the story rewards until the last day. This time, day 3 is the key day you'll need to unlock the important items. I like to be able to get those items to keep moving. This matters most if you're on the edge of making it, because you need to currently have 200k points with a princess to get the 3 flowers, but the best route might be to hit that and switch girls, taking you below 200k points.

Given that the key items unlock today, and I'm currently sitting near what I consider the edge, I'll burn this morning and update my advice specific to the current event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?   How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to grind for the 7★ shard/pin/ect. in training events?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next