Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Card Damage Growth Equation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sagexsdx
☆☆
sagexsdx

Card Damage Growth Equation Empty
PostSubject: Card Damage Growth Equation   Card Damage Growth Equation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Has anyone done any analysis on how a card's damage numbers (land/air/sea) grow as it levels up? It's definitely not linear.

I think it steadily increases the rate at which it gains damage.

For example, I was looking at some Phyllis numbers since people just got her this week. I plotted some damage numbers from levels 1-40 and noticed that for land, it went from 233.667 to 236; for air, it went from 161.6667 to 163 for sea, it went from 224 to 226.

I'm skeptical as to whether there is a consistent graph. For my land and sea numbers, the slope from level 26 to level 39 decreased from the previous slope. And for air it had a constant slope at all points between 13 and 40.
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Card Damage Growth Equation   Card Damage Growth Equation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:03 am

sagexsdx wrote:
Has anyone done any analysis on how a card's damage numbers (land/air/sea) grow as it levels up? It's definitely not linear.

I think it steadily increases the rate at which it gains damage.

For example, I was looking at some Phyllis numbers since people just got her this week. I plotted some damage numbers from levels 1-40 and noticed that for land, it went from 233.667 to 236; for air, it went from 161.6667 to 163 for sea, it went from 224 to 226.

I'm skeptical as to whether there is a consistent graph. For my land and sea numbers, the slope from level 26 to level 39 decreased from the previous slope. And for air it had a constant slope at all points between 13 and 40.
I think it's going to be hard to track and TBH all that really matters are its stats at max and lb maxed.
Anything in between shouldn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
sagexsdx
☆☆
sagexsdx

PostSubject: Re: Card Damage Growth Equation   Card Damage Growth Equation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:32 am

Just thought if we understood the way stats grow, we could predict the strength of a card at the end of leveling. There's a lot of max level and MLB max level stats that still aren't available.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Card Damage Growth Equation   Card Damage Growth Equation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:51 am

sagexsdx wrote:
Just thought if we understood the way stats grow, we could predict the strength of a card at the end of leveling. There's a lot of max level and MLB max level stats that still aren't available.
this has been looked into before but all cards grow at different rates and these rates vary between level so there is no straight line between level 1 to max... and if some cards to exhibit a straight line each cards line would be different. also cards are maxed so quickly after coming out that it really doesnt matter, and most cards have already been released in jp so by checking the jp or chi wiki you can pretty much get the max stats of every card. and as said before the stats between 1 and max are irreverent as the only stat that most people care about is the maxed stat.
Back to top Go down
sagexsdx
☆☆
sagexsdx

PostSubject: Re: Card Damage Growth Equation   Card Damage Growth Equation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 am

I think someone said that the stats for chinese/jpn cards can sometimes be different from ours. How often is that the case?
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Card Damage Growth Equation   Card Damage Growth Equation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:57 am

sagexsdx wrote:
I think someone said that the stats for chinese/jpn cards can sometimes be different from ours. How often is that the case?
as far as i know, never. the only thing that differs are the details in the events, ie the amount of bt points for rewards as well as the actual cards rewarded (but the later doesnt happen often), length and order of events and the card series that are released with events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Damage Growth Equation   Card Damage Growth Equation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card Damage Growth Equation
Page 1 of 1