Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect

Go down 
+5
furiousjeff
kfcjamal
Ghost_Star
ggorrell77
Minowara
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Minowara
☆☆☆

Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect Empty
PostSubject: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:05 pm

I know that I myself use the wiki a LOT as a resource for information on units, and I noticed that there are a lot of inaccurate pieces of information on the wiki, the most notable being battle arena damage. I just wanted to let everyone know that it would appear that the battle arena damage displayed in the wiki (both in the individual card pages AND on the 6* and 7* unit list pages) is incorrect by a large margin.

Using the BA damage calculators shown in post 2 here: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t4770-arena-damage-formula

Here are some examples of how far off this information is. Please note that the information is only slightly incorrect for 6* without max Bringer of Victory skill, though the wiki states that it is accounting for the max bringer of victory skill. The 7* list is completely off.

Examples:

MLB Paris:
6* Unit List: 98,736
Paris Unit Page: 117,748
Actual Paris Battle Arena Damage (no max Bringer): 102,990
Actual Paris Battle Arena Damage (max Bringer): 123,587

MLB Coral:
6* Unit List: 114,820
Coral Unit Page: 136,928
Actual Coral Battle Arena Damage (no max Bringer): 114,106
Actual Coral Battle Arena Damage (max Bringer): 136966

MLB Colbert:
7* Unit List: 112,512
Colbert Unit Page: 162,400
Actual Colbert Battle Arena Damage (no max Bringer): 169,830
Actual Colbert Battle Arena Damage (max Bringer): 203,796

With the new wiki changes from about a month ago, the pages can no longer be edited directly. Instead, the only editable changes are in the direct database, which then feeds both the unit lists and the individual unit pages. Obviously, there is an issue with:
The formulas are slightly off assuming no max Bringer on the individual unit pages, however the 6* and 7* list pages are badly off, as evidenced by the examples above, especially for 7*'s. The 7* list page is using an old, faulty formula, and the 6* unit list page is off by a little.

A lot of people base unit decisions off of these pages, so I wanted to make everyone aware that they are off.

Also, do you all know who to contact that could help fix these issues who is involved heavily with the wiki?

Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:27 pm

I believe LuziMiazawa is in charge of the spreadsheet.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:47 pm

keep in mind that for GA, assuming thats what your basing your info's off of, that not only do your units get damage modifiers based off of where they are deployed the defending team will also have a damage modifier based on where they were deployed.... so not only do you have to account for the skill but also the deployment location
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Ghost,

No, the info is based on the unit's stats and then applying the formula from the linked thread. That's basically the base damage before any event modifiers for colo, BA, and GA. Obviously the damage will change in GA based on positioning.
Back to top Go down
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:14 pm

are you sure you aren't mixing up battle arena/guild battles with old arena/coliseum? they are very different events...
Back to top Go down
furiousjeff
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Hmm, yeah according to Colaleon's spreedsheet

Paris (at max level broken) has a Battle Arena dmg listed at 103634, and a COLO arena dmg listed at 123587.
Back to top Go down
TheRain7

TheRain7

PostSubject: Re: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Let the Rain explain. This mix up has already happened a couple of times.

I believe this all stems from the fact that we used to refer to the "Colosseum" events as "Arena".

Until the "Battle Arena" and eventually "Guild Arena" events came along and we realized it's confusing as **** so we started calling it "Colosseum".

Problem is that the damage formula threads and the wiki still say "Arena" instead of "Colosseum" so everyone is confuzled.

-----------------------------------------------------

Colaleon's "Arena Damage Formula" thread has a misleading name.
It is actually the "Colosseum" damage formula (the type of event where there is 6 floors of PvE and a PvP) ... I believe it also applies to the gifting event ticket battles (not sure, but w/e... it's so easy to win anyway)

For "Battle Arena" and "Guild Arena" events. You need to refer to:
Colaleon's "Battle Arena Damage Formula"
This formula gives you the base damage of a unit without any skill bonus or deploy position modifiers.

As for the wiki pages:

The individual unit pages list "Arena" damage... which is again, actually the base "Colosseum" damage. It is listed without any bonus (no bringer of victory or any other w/e). This number is correct.

The list pages (6*/7* lists etc) also lists "Arena" damage... but is actually the "Battle/Guild Arena" damage. Calculated without any skill bonus or deploy position modifier. This number is also correct.

I've talked to Kadaan and Isylia in the chat about this like a month ago (Kadaan is the guy who coded the wiki page, and Isy was helping him enter data)

He said that the unit lists and individual unit pages are coded with the same formula to calculate the arena damage based on the max land/air/sea damage and that they should be the same... Soooo... he must have been drunk =P

But either way... As ggorrell77 mentioned, I think the spreadsheets and wiki management has been passed over to MuziLiawaza ~( @v@)~ We'll just have to change the labels to make it less confusing... I doubt she knows how to add columns and such lol! 

...... ~( x___x)~ well I'm lazy so instead of messaging her I'll just sit here and wait until she discovers this thread... kukukukukukukuku
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:47 am

TheRain7 wrote:
Colaleon's "Arena Damage Formula" thread has a misleading name.
It is actually the "Colosseum" damage formula (the type of event where there is 6 floors of PvE and a PvP) ... I believe it also applies to the gifting event ticket battles (not sure, but w/e... it's so easy to win anyway)
I'll rename the topic to avoid further confusion.
Back to top Go down
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆
LuziMiazawa

PostSubject: Re: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:34 pm

ggorrell77 wrote:
I believe LuziMiazawa is in charge of the spreadsheet.
I'm not. Just to say that, before I'm the one ppl ask me about it. xD I'm just managing the Unit spreadsheet. Someone else does the Battel Arena Spreadsheet, but I think it was cleared out there was da naming mistake xD
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 2:56 pm

TheRain7 wrote:
Let the Rain explain.
Love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect   Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki Battle Arena Damage Incorrect
Page 1 of 1