Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Warning about a player

Go down 
+19
Iburnq8
orion03
chaoxwinx
Tentacle Love
memphiskite
Hajkster
Abyssight
Belhyde
cliffbiram
Xpreviate
silentvoice
nohara
KuroStar
Demando
sGabe4
Tattycoram
mogman
Ghost_Star
hoomee
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
silentvoice

silentvoice

Warning about a player - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Very sorry to hear about your experience, and thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention so others wouldn't fall prey to this loser again.

Back to top Go down
Xpreviate

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:07 pm

I dont think he scammed an epicharis rofl. I found him in the event and his units consisted just low lvls and a Eurydike, no epicharis. Look up his recent posts none are even mentioning Epicharis but he did indeed scam a Eurydike. Proof indicates so as well, maybe some proof that he scammed an epicharis would help justify what you said is true.
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:31 pm

I'll add on to this discussion by saying that you can't trust long time allies or forum goers either.

I have had two different allies (now Ex-Allies of course) that scammed people in the past and they had been allies for months and never caused trouble.

The latest is also a forum goer. XtarouX used to be my ally and I watched a conversation take place between himself and another player in which he had promised a LB service and the other player sent him a Manfred and he replied with 5 5* units as "collateral" Honestly, the other player should not have agreed. The old rule is never except collateral that you wouldn't be willing to keep if the other person runs off with your unit. Having said that, when the player asked for their Manfred back, XtarouX said he was keeping it and that it was a fair trade. That was a lie and as foolish as the other player was for agreeing, I cannot abide liars.

Now, anyone looking at the exchange would know that no player in their right mind would trade a Manfred 6* for 5* units in this economy and furthermore, it's NEVER a fair trade if one side of the party is screaming "I don't want them, I want my Manfred back!"

The sad thing is, it becomes a "Their word against his" kind of thing. LB services and Albuming are just too easy for people to scam and too hard to prove. You have to prove "intent" and that's not always easy.

That's why I only lend with people I knew personally, in my life outside of the game, and I only album for equal or greater collateral (and not because I like to Album, but purely as a favor).
Back to top Go down
Belhyde
☆☆
Belhyde

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Ouch... I hope that Manfred owner didn't quit because of that.
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Belhyde wrote:
Ouch... I hope that Manfred owner didn't quit because of that.

They are still active but they had been trying to compete in the Colo event and that really screwed their chances.

I ended up allying with them. I felt really bad for them. It was a really crap thing to do to someone, especially while they are trying to rank and that unit was a big part of their team.

That's the other thing. Look at the person you are trading with for album or LB service. High competitors aren't usually scammers (though there is no guarantee there) the person who got scammed here had ranked under 200 in the previous event. XtarouX had ranked in the thousands on the last event.
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:16 pm

o.O

That's a long time and active forum member. In fact he/she posted his/her team (with Manfred, of course) in the colo event thread for opinions earlier today. His/her account dates back to 2012 and has a decent number of units albumed. It doesn't raise a red flag when I look at the profile.

In the end all you can do is be safe no matter what. Either ask for enough collat or just don't album.
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Abyssight wrote:
o.O

That's a long time and active forum member. In fact he/she posted his/her team (with Manfred, of course) in the colo event thread for opinions earlier today. His/her account dates back to 2012 and has a decent number of units albumed. It doesn't raise a red flag when I look at the profile.

In the end all you can do is be safe no matter what. Either ask for enough collat or just don't album.

Yeah, that's the problem isn't it? He had been my ally for quite a few months and I never had an issue with him or saw anyone else have an issue. In fact, I believe he saw my call for new allies on this forum. If i hadn't seen it go down with my own eyes, I would have had trouble believing it.

The rank comment was more on the side of the person who had been ripped off. It just didn't add up. A high ranker would simply not have any reason to trade Manfred in the middle of a colo event for 5 5* units and then immediately demand their Manfred back, while sending back all the 5* units.

XtarouX responded "No. Fair trade." and then did a little smiley face. He then put in his profile "It was a trade!" There was just no way anyone could buy it as a "fair trade."

In other words, the High Ranker had no reason to make the "trade" other than to get a LB service and wasn't stupid enough to make a trade like that, based on their experience and performance. They had no reason to lie. Unfortunately, they were way too trusting and accepted bad Collateral.

XtarouX's contention that it was a "fair Trade" was just B.S. I can't recall all of the 5* units but I know it included Kiki and Soldado. No Elizabeths or werewolves. Nothing super highly sought after that would make any sense to trade a top tier 6* unit like Manfred for.

Seriously, how many people trade 6* units for multiple 5* units anymore (other than Alexander or Mina)? It's not a fair trade if one side is instantly saying "No, that's not what I thought I was getting. I thought I was getting LB service. Please give me back my Manfred!"

So, again, the lesson is, you can't necessarily trust long time allies or long time forum goers either. ALWAYS get good collateral or don't do it at all. Period.
Back to top Go down
Belhyde
☆☆
Belhyde

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Soldado ew... I would bet all the 5* collateral worth less than 10 TE each. >_>
I'll guess I should start paying attention on the album collateral from now on.
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Belhyde wrote:
Soldado ew... I would bet all the 5* collateral worth less than 10 TE each. >_>
I'll guess I should start paying attention on the album collateral from now on.

definitely!
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:31 pm

that gk guy is now trying to bid in auctions with the scammed TE
he has a 3* lead and he told his allies he's quitting (meaning he's moving his stuff to a new account imo)
shame
Back to top Go down
hoomee

hoomee

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm glad to see that my warning and nohara's proof brought this to attention for more players. I, like nohara, wish he won't scam others like he did nohara. Fanta has many great players. They don't deserve to be used.
I have a few allies i really trust. Nohara is one of them. This made me more careful towards trusting other players though.
That scammer is really stupid to do something like this after having built up his status on the forums etc. Pathetic.

Edit: And now gkdefined is going to page to page and writing really abusive kiddy stuff which I don't want to bring up as example. Ban him already, SS?
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:45 pm

I also saw that.
He wrote incredibly rude and derogatory stuff on various players' walls.
he's the problem, here's the solution: everyone who got abused by this scammer has to make a screenshot then send it to Mobage support. They will take care of it.

also be vary of this dude: DEVINE (87272282) I strongly suspect that it's the scammers new account as now this account is trying to buy expensive stuff with TE and the account is 4 days old...
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:51 pm

He somehow found himself to my wall too. Sigh. Razz
Back to top Go down
nohara

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Thank you so much everyone for your help and support, and great safety tips! The response both here and on Fanta is overwhelming!

Xpreviate wrote:

I dont think he scammed an epicharis rofl. I found him in the event and his units consisted just low lvls and a Eurydike, no epicharis. Look up his recent posts none are even mentioning Epicharis but he did indeed scam a Eurydike. Proof indicates so as well, maybe some proof that he scammed an epicharis would help justify what you said is true.

I don't know the person, as it is an ally of an ally of an ally, but I'll try to find him or her and ask if s/he took screenshots. I am sorry to hear that you were scammed as well Sad
Back to top Go down
nohara

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:20 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
I also saw that.
He wrote incredibly rude and derogatory stuff on various players' walls.
he's the problem, here's the solution: everyone who got abused by this scammer has to make a screenshot then send it to Mobage support. They will take care of it.

also be vary of this dude: DEVINE (87272282) I strongly suspect that it's the scammers new account as now this account is trying to buy expensive stuff with TE and the account is 4 days old...

Thank you, I will watch out for him! PS I forgot to mention, I lol'd at your comment on his sell thread Smile

I received a new e-mail from Fanta support which says that by reporting him I will be marking him to Mobage for monitoring, if they find new evidence of illegal activity they would then take action.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:28 pm

cliffbiram wrote:

So, again, the lesson is, you can't necessarily trust long time allies or long time forum goers either.  ALWAYS get good collateral or don't do it at all.  Period.

Man, that is a sad thing to say and a sad day as well....

Not that I'm complaining or arguing with you on it,  I totally agree with your statement!

Just that now I have to learn not to trust myself either. :<[/quote]

Last edited by memphiskite on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Xpreviate

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:44 pm

It's pretty depressing, I got scammed my Charles when he was my ally. He made me trust him as you did. I albumed a few of my 5* units with him no problem so I was inclined to say yes when he asked to album my charles. He deleted me from his ally list and then blocked me. :/ I didn't know anyone else was scammed until this was brought up. Im sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Only time I've ever albumed anything was when I was in the same room as my ally.

I really mean it, if anyone ever says the word album, they are a scammer. de-ally them immediately and don't even bother to send brave!
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:02 pm

When I find out someone is a scammer (if I'm sure) I:
1) block them
2) attack them
3) make a note about their defense and spread the news to my allies
4) attack them again a few times over the next few days or so

Feel free to copycat Very Happy

Blocking them keeps them off my wall.

Why attack? Even though some of the scammers quit their accounts, not all of them do. I've also heard of old scammers who had quit coming back using their old accounts. Maybe a benefit of device registration after all. We can at least give a bunch of losses to these accounts - a red flag for future allies/albumers to be cautious of.
Back to top Go down
chaoxwinx
☆☆☆
chaoxwinx

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm sorry for your loss nohara Sad Did my part and attacked him and spreaded scammer alert. His name is familiar, I belief he has scammed before but the community forgets Sad

Anyway, I do a lot of albuming and have always provided fair collat or 200% for some of the higher/older rares (and I ask for collat as well from albumers). But there are some who try to win you over with sob stories of how poor they are and how much they like the cuteness of a certain card, etc, etc which I usually just ignore.

But asking for ambro service is another matter altogether. It seems weird when you want ambro service and then ask for collat so only do it with very trusted allies or don't rush. Buy some cheap 4* and spam leanna shop and lb as you can. Another tip - ambro service is like 1 te per shot so from 120-140 you will be spending 10te already including the goddesses you need to max it you may be looking at another 5te or so. Just offer fresh version of a card + 20te for a mlb one and you should be able to get the trade, sometimes you may need to add a little more in terms of 4*5* but it's much safer than asking for ambro service.

I know this advice is too late for you but hope it helps with others.

Back to top Go down
orion03

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:21 am

sorry for everyones loss, Im new to the boards and just saw this page. I also noticed while in battle of heroes, I saw someone named gfconstant seemed kind of similar to this guys name, and someone mentioned he was "quiting". again im not sure if its a coincidence or not, but for those who are willing it might be worth checking out? the leader is epicharis right now.

If I am wrong, I am very sorry. I am just posting information I have seen and am not pointing fingers
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:53 am

orion03 wrote:
sorry for everyones loss, Im new to the boards and just saw this page. I also noticed while in battle of heroes, I saw someone named gfconstant seemed kind of similar to this guys name, and someone mentioned he was "quiting". again im not sure if its a coincidence or not, but for those who are willing it might be worth checking out? the leader is epicharis right now.

If I am wrong, I am very sorry. I am just posting information I have seen and am not pointing fingers
gfconstant is my ally for 3 months at least. I haven't seen anything about him quitting at all and as far as I know he has never been accused of scamming. My only issue with him is his often terrible buy/sell offers sent to allies.

By naming a player, you are pointing finger at him, and yet you don't even have a single concrete thing to say about him. This is the most serious accusation you can make in this game and I'd be more careful if I were you.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:30 am

How DO you block someone? I've never seen an option like that before.
Back to top Go down
orion03

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:24 am

gfconstant is my ally for 3 months at least. I haven't seen anything about him quitting at all and as far as I know he has never been accused of scamming. My only issue with him is his often terrible buy/sell offers sent to allies.

By naming a player, you are pointing finger at him, and yet you don't even have a single concrete thing to say about him. This is the most serious accusation you can make in this game and I'd be more careful if I were you.[/quote]

sorry...I'll be more careful from now on....(-_-Wink

on another note, I am also curious how you block someone. I have no need for it, but it wouldn't help to know how to when I need to
Back to top Go down
chaoxwinx
☆☆☆
chaoxwinx

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 3:44 am

Tentacle Love wrote:
How DO you block someone? I've never seen an option like that before.

Click on mobage logo, friend, search, type in his username. Instead of add friend click on his name to view his profile, scroll down and there is an option to block/report user Smile

And you can send me 2te for the above info Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warning about a player
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next