Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning

Go down 
+9
Bobkyou
LunaMerchant
combochowfun
sGabe4
KuroStar
meximan1390
reyrey
skrfirefly
Tentacle Love
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Tentacle Love
☆☆

Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning Empty
PostSubject: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:01 am

Apparently there are some point rewards that are BUGGED and can be received multiple times.

Be aware of this and take note of which rewards you've already obtained. Don't push your luck, and be sure that your friends know about this so that they don't accidentally get themselves banned by making a very simple mistake (presumably while sleep-deprived).

Do not exploit this bug. This is a situation in which you could easily accidentally get banned for doing something that is simple muscle memory. Make sure you don't screw things up for yourself or your team.
Back to top Go down
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 3:20 am

cant they appeal for this case?
unless one is there to exploit the bug
Back to top Go down
reyrey

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 3:34 am

so they got wipe out or account totally banned, are they gonna have a maintenance or just ban all those who exploited the bug
Back to top Go down
meximan1390
☆☆☆☆
meximan1390

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 3:46 am

I had an ally that was banned earlier today and we couldn't think of any reason why, the only think I could think about was the referral system but that wasn't it. He is currently waiting on a reply from mobage customer support with more details about his ban. You made it sound like it could happen as an accident. I would ask for more details but I don't think it's allowed on these forums. I just don't get how you can accidentally exploit a bug lol.
Back to top Go down
reyrey

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:07 am

accidentally clicking a thousand times a  guess
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:36 am

reyrey wrote:
accidentally clicking a thousand times a  guess
I think there was some mistake in giving out the prizes for the daily rewards.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Assuming you're awake, alert, and know what you're doing, it's a very easy to exploit bug.

One of the team rewards can be clicked on more than once, I'm not sure if it can be done so infinitely, but if it can, yeesh.

If, however, you're not paying attention, it would be very easy to hit a button twice and you'd lose your account permanently.

This is just a public service announcement to be extra careful when receiving your rewards from letting your team level up.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:51 pm

which one was it?
which rewrad could you get multiple times?
If it was the TE or POT although all Ps they can win you a whole event if you retrieve them like 500 times
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:58 pm

If it were something like that, it'd be catastrophic. You could turn infinite potions into infinite units and head to leana's shop... yeah, that'd be bad. 

I believe it's one of the very late team rewards, so only a few teams have reached the point where it can happen.

Source tells me it's maiden tickets.
Back to top Go down
combochowfun

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 3:47 pm

thanks man my brother's team is about to unlock the last team reward and he has a habit of double clicking (touching?) on his touch screen.
Back to top Go down
LunaMerchant

LunaMerchant

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 3:54 pm

190k Reward - Maiden Ticket -> repeats non stop.
^ Which is supposed to be 140k ^

When 240k reward opens... 190k vanished completely... 140k is locked... and 240k repeats non stop.

So the whole team is affected... Currently 6 teams being affected by this bug...
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:52 pm

so wait
it's a bug
so the people who supposedly exploited it shouldn'T be banned
it's not hacking...
Back to top Go down
Bobkyou
☆☆☆
Bobkyou

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:58 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
so wait
it's a bug
so the people who supposedly exploited it shouldn'T be banned
it's not hacking...

Depends on what they were doing. If they just clicked the button 2 or 3 times, okay they found a bug. If they clicked it 50+ times well they know that's not how the game works and they are exploiting the bug to their advantage.

But do we even know for sure that tickets are what caused those people to get banned?
Back to top Go down
TheRain7

TheRain7

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:07 pm

yup..  if it works as LunaMerchant describes... it's super easy to "exploit" by accident.

Hell... after a long day of grinding for like 12 hours I probably wouldn't remember which reward from which and whether or not I've already received it.

I go into the page and i see Claim Reward available? *click*, pure reflex. no thinking involved.

OR...

What if I click on it the very first time... but I see the button doesn't grey out, and I just believe the game is lagging: Which is totally legit thinking, sometimes I have to hit a button 3-4 times before the game moves. And so I click on it a few more, not even knowing that I'm receiving the thing multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Precisely. I figured a PSA about this would be a good thing. Didn't want anyone being DQ'ed by accident.

Of course, if these events didn't revolve around losing sleep in order to rank...
Back to top Go down
meximan1390
☆☆☆☆
meximan1390

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:40 pm

I just don't get why people are getting banned for this, its not the people's fault that the bug exists. I can understand maybe suspending the account so they can remove any excess rewards the people claimed, but not this. I agree the people were of course taking advantage of this but its not like they actually hacked the game. Mobage must have thought the players hacked the game and banned them for it, it's the only explanation I can think of.

Also weren't there people getting banned a few days ago? As in before any of these high PR rewards were unlocked?
Back to top Go down
Klifey
☆☆
Klifey

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:47 pm

in the notice/announcement when you login. right at the top it says bannable offence. and one of them is that you can get banned if you exploit a bug/feature of the game that is clearly not intented to work that way. Clicking 3-5 times, pretty sure they did not ban for this. 20time, probably nothing beside a warning. 

Those who got banned are the one who went full retard after seeing multiple ticket in their box and went back to pick 1000 more ticket.

Why are they banning people for a bug that is their fault? because its in the rule. because when you find a bug you are suppose to report it even if its highly in your advantage. its like that in every multiplayer games. dont exploit bug when you find one, report it, and that way you wont get banned even if you clicked 50 time by error. when you check your inbox and see 50 ticket, you cant legimatly think its normal.

Last edited by Klifey on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Pretty sure you'd get a permaban if you pulled twenty extra tickets.

They MIGHT forgive you if you pulled ONE extra. but they'd still delete it later.

I'd bet they're watching the system like a hawk, just waiting for an excuse. They know better than to let some people get away with extra free stuff.

If you pull a single extra pack, I'd advise you to contact them immediately and help them fix the problem. If you don't, they're well within their rights to wait until whenever the heck they feel like it to ban you permanently.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:12 pm

it's actually interesting that they banned these people so quickly considering 3 of them are supposedly paying players (considering they ranked within the top30 before getting banned)
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:27 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
it's actually interesting that they banned these people so quickly considering 3 of them are supposedly paying players (considering they ranked within the top30 before getting banned)

are you under the impression that ss would ban a free player over a paying player, ie, have different standards? or let payers get away with anything they wanted?
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:33 pm

is that bad? I think they would think twice before baning a big spender over a free player :S
sorry, just my obviously biased opinion
Back to top Go down
Klifey
☆☆
Klifey

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:43 pm

if i was at the head of SS i'd probably think twice before banning big spender, they are, after all, a big source of revenue.

But im glad that they play fair and dont discriminatly ban free player over spenders.
Back to top Go down
Unknownkid
☆☆☆
Unknownkid

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:45 pm

After all... it's their own fault pretty much. If I was a big spender, I wouldn't even dare risking it.
Back to top Go down
TheRain7

TheRain7

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 7:11 pm

not nesssessarily a big spender, remember its a team reward. any leecher could get lucky and land in a team

but honestly i wouldn't put it past them to have double standards, unless it just so balatent and has done irrepairable damage
Back to top Go down
Bobkyou
☆☆☆
Bobkyou

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:48 am

TheRain7 wrote:
not nesssessarily a big spender, remember its a team reward. any leecher could get lucky and land in a team

but honestly i wouldn't put it past them to have double standards, unless it just so balatent and has done irrepairable damage

It was a big spender though, kyoloveamy had 70,923 points and 2nd place in the daily ranking on 6-20 at 12:01 am. Before the end of the event, they totally disappeared and 2nd place was replaced with Xion3333 who had 51,529 points (first place was Potatoangel who had 76040 points at both midnight and the end of the event).

However this is assuming they were banned for grabbing extra tickets and not just banned for using a stolen credit card or for canceling their credit card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning   Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why people are getting banned - Urgent warning
Page 1 of 1