Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Warning about a player

Go down 
+19
Iburnq8
orion03
chaoxwinx
Tentacle Love
memphiskite
Hajkster
Abyssight
Belhyde
cliffbiram
Xpreviate
silentvoice
nohara
KuroStar
Demando
sGabe4
Tattycoram
mogman
Ghost_Star
hoomee
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hoomee

hoomee

Warning about a player Empty
PostSubject: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this, but I'd like to give a warning to everybody about a scammer.

An ally of mine was nice enough to lend their Eurydike to their ally to album. The ally proceeded to blackmail the lender to give him everything he had to get it back. He then proceeded to steal the card. My ally never gor the card back.

I know lending a card like Eurydike is risky business but being nice like that shouldn't be punished. Being a prick should. Therefore I would like to warn everybody of this person:

Gkdefined is the username of this person. (ID: 81447162)
Just don't trust him.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:37 pm

proof? otherwise its just greifing
Back to top Go down
hoomee

hoomee

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
proof? otherwise its just greifing

My ally took screenshots. I don't have of the actual event. I just went and took some of the aftermaths; people's reactions and proof that it happened at least.

Warning about a player 0dm6
Back to top Go down
mogman

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Honestly... I don't really feel bad for anyone that helps with "albuming". Its just too easy to lose that unit or on the other end if you are supplying a good unit to compensate for it, you can lose that unit.

It's just too much of a lose-lose situation all for something that isn't really that beneficial at that end of the day... Even to brag you will probably get a lot of "so what?"

I realize the pokemon gotta catch em all spirit in it but with pokemon at least you could punch the person in the face if they tried to run off... Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
hoomee

hoomee

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Not with the recent pokemon games where you can trade online Smile

Anyhoo, yes I do agree on the fact that it's a very risky thing to do. As you say, it's too much of a lose-lose situation. With that said, it doesn't justify the action of stealing and blackmailing. I despise people who use nice people.

That is why I want to somehow blacklist this person and try to somehow punish them in any way possible.

Btw, this is reportable, isn't it? Despite the owner of the card willingly trusted the person in the first place? Should be at least...
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 3:26 pm

ss is pretty clear about trading at your own risk. that being said, it couldnt hurt.
Back to top Go down
hoomee

hoomee

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Yeah figured as much. I just want him punished somehow. That's why I'm making this thread. To punish him and warn my fellow honest players about this scammer. Again, I can't stand it when people use the goodness of others.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 3:38 pm

hoomee wrote:
Yeah figured as much. I just want him punished somehow. That's why I'm making this thread. To punish him and warn my fellow honest players about this scammer. Again, I can't stand it when people use the goodness of others.

there use to be a name and shame thread but it died because honestly people should know better than to album.
Back to top Go down
hoomee

hoomee

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Aye, saw that too. There was only one thread though so I reckoned it was dead. Smile

IMO, people should be able to trust one another even if that's a naive thought.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:01 pm

There's a thread in the trading section to report scammers. And some of us like to attack scammers regularly to get their loss numbers up, which can be a red flag to people in the future. Some albumers will check a player's win/loss record and a high # and ratio of losses is considered a sign that they MIGHT have scammed in the past. Not proof, but a red flag that may make them use a bit more caution.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:21 pm

I only album with allies and even then I ask for equal or greater collateral
if a non ally comes up to me and asks me to album my units I ask for at least 200% collateral
if they are willing to comply I can be sure they won't run off with my units

once a guy asked me to album my Aksana and he told me he doesn't wanna give me collat, I should just look at his album count to see that he's a trustworthy albumber... yeah right
always look for red flags
Back to top Go down
hoomee

hoomee

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Tattycoram wrote:
There's a thread in the trading section to report scammers. And some of us like to attack scammers regularly to get their loss numbers up, which can be a red flag to people in the future. Some albumers will check a player's win/loss record and a high # and ratio of losses is considered a sign that they MIGHT have scammed in the past. Not proof, but a red flag that may make them use a bit more caution.

That is actually a great idea! I like that!

Damn, I should start attacking people lol. I stopped attacking people because i just couldn't be bothered with it, and some attacked me without me attacking back. Got a few more defeats than victories. But I am very trustworthy person :3

But yeah as you say, not proof, just a red flag Smile

sGabe4 wrote:
if a non ally comes up to me and asks me to album my units I ask for at least 200% collateral

once a guy asked me to album my Aksana and he told me he doesn't wanna give me collat, I should just look at his album count to see that he's a trustworthy albumber... yeah right

Yeah it is wise to ask for collateral. He did lend it to his ally (now former ally ofc) so allies can't be completely trusted either. The same guy sent me some cards to album as well, and I sent him all my cards at the same time in case he could album some of mine. But yeah, we both proved we can be trusted Smile
Back to top Go down
Demando
☆☆
Demando

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:53 pm

why didnt he ask for colat?
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:13 am

I believe that he is a user in the forums...

He will be banned from the forums if there's proof. But just an aftermath of the scam is still not enough.
We need more.

Wait a minute... that user... Razz
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t8266-vlad-vs-eurodyke

hoomee wrote:
Tattycoram wrote:

That is actually a great idea! I like that!

Damn, I should start attacking people lol. I stopped attacking people because i just couldn't be bothered with it, and some attacked me without me attacking back. Got a few more defeats than victories. But I am very trustworthy person :3

But yeah as you say, not proof, just a red flag Smile

sGabe4 wrote:

Yeah it is wise to ask for collateral. He did lend it to his ally (now former ally ofc) so allies can't be completely trusted either. The same guy sent me some cards to album as well, and I sent him all my cards at the same time in case he could album some of mine. But yeah, we both proved we can be trusted Smile

I find it ridiculous that even if I ask other people to album 5* or even sometimes 4* >< . They always say they only let allies album, which I find no point at all because you still have a chance of getting scammed but I guess its just playing safe...

It's always good to ask for collateral Wink( Although I album most of my 6* without collateral, like Borage and Eluit Razz)
Back to top Go down
nohara

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:38 am

Hi,

I'm the one who got scammed out of Eury, but I heard from another ally that he scammed someone else yesterday (I don't know for what). I was actually giving it to him for level breaking services, but I had lent him cards before with no incident and he was one of my first allies who did other small favors for me which led me to trust him. He also only had Soldado. I took plenty of screencaps, I'll upload them.

In response to the comment about his account, he is definitely a user here, I saw he may give his cousin his phone and set him up with Fanta, I hope the cousin doesn't inherit the account and suffer... (His posts are all newbie-type posts which made him seem even more harmless to me personally...) Honestly I don't really wish ill on gkdefined either (beyond anything that would keep him from scamming others of course!); I wish he would play in a fashion where we can all have fun.

And hoomee is a great ally Smile
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:40 am

nohara wrote:
Hi,

I'm the one who got scammed out of Eury, but I heard from another ally that he scammed someone else yesterday (I don't know for what).  I was actually giving it to him for level breaking services, but I had lent him cards before with no incident and he was one of my first allies who did other small favors for me which led me to trust him.  He also only had Soldado.  I took plenty of screencaps, I'll upload them.

In response to the comment about his account, he is definitely a user here, I saw he may give his cousin his phone and set him up with Fanta, I hope the cousin doesn't inherit the account and suffer...  (His posts are all newbie-type posts which made him seem even more harmless to me personally...)  Honestly I don't really wish ill on gkdefined either (beyond anything that would keep him from scamming others of course!); I wish he would play in a fashion where we can all have fun.

And hoomee is a great ally Smile

PM the screenshots to me and I'll discuss with the other Moderators and Adminstrators.

EDIT: I realised that its only your 1st post so you have to edit your post with the screenshots.
Back to top Go down
nohara

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:47 am

KuroStar wrote:
I believe that he is a user in the forums...

He will be banned from the forums if there's proof. But just an aftermath of the scam is still not enough.
We need more.

Wait a minute... that user... Razz
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t8266-vlad-vs-eurodyke

That person (vlad info) may have been one of the people trying to get Eury back. I know one of them told my ally something like that.
Back to top Go down
nohara

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:37 am

OK here's some of them. ><  As many as there are there are many more, but these capture pretty much all aspects of the convo except for us trying to win back Eury.  All the trades gkdefined suggested would have involved multiple trades, with Eury returned at the end (supposedly). His lead, William, was also the card he sent me as a placeholder. oTL

I feel like he really was gonna be honest about it for a while there, but then changed his mind. :/

Warning about a player Screen10Warning about a player Screen11Warning about a player Screen12Warning about a player Screen15Warning about a player Screen16Warning about a player Screen17Warning about a player Screen18
Warning about a player Screen19 **you not *I
Warning about a player Screen20
Warning about a player Screen21Warning about a player Screen22Warning about a player Screen23Warning about a player Screen24
Warning about a player Screen25Warning about a player Screen26Warning about a player Screen27
Warning about a player Screen28Warning about a player Screen29Warning about a player Screen31Warning about a player Screen32Warning about a player Screen33Warning about a player Screen34Warning about a player Screen35Warning about a player Screen36Warning about a player Screen37

Last edited by nohara on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
nohara

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:42 am

sGabe4 wrote:

Thank you for these tips; it's great advice that I will definitely follow (though now I am much more reticent about trades and albuming of course). By the way, I think the person you commented about in the other thread might have been the one who was trying to trade back the OP for Eury.
Back to top Go down
nohara

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:43 am

KuroStar wrote:

PM the screenshots to me and I'll discuss with the other Moderators and Adminstrators.

EDIT: I realised that its only your 1st post so you have to edit your post with the screenshots.

Thank you KuroStar, I posted them using the photo uploader. I hope I did it correctly.
Back to top Go down
nohara

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:54 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
ss is pretty clear about trading at your own risk. that being said, it couldnt hurt.

Yeah I was feeling very aware about the warnings in the notices as I traded and then realized it was a scam, but regardless the thing that I feel should definitely be called attention to is the blackmailing. I mean, it's often illegal, so I figured there's no way it wouldn't be a violation of the TOS, at least in some niceties clause.
Back to top Go down
nohara

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:32 am

Just thought that I'd add that even though he claims to have sold the card on Fanta, he listed it for sale on the forum: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t8073-selling-cards

Also, the other card he scammed was Epicharis apparently.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:30 am

lol
so he's the guy asking about vlad and eury in another thread
I think he was this close to getting ripped off by a ranker who told him Eury was 100te and vlad was 200
I believe the trade almost went through
that would have been too funny
sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
nohara

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:00 am

sGabe4 wrote:
lol
so he's the guy asking about vlad and eury in another thread
I think he was this close to getting ripped off by a ranker who told him Eury was 100te and vlad was 200
I believe the trade almost went through
that would have been too funny
sorry Sad

Yeah I know at least one person tried to trade him for a Vlad to help me get Eury back and gave him those values around the time of the post. It just happened to be unlucky for me, but you were just being a helpful player. Your advice helped me, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:41 pm

His defense is basically nonexistent. Lets bump his losses up people!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning about a player   Warning about a player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warning about a player
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next