Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Which card packs to get?

Go down 
+2
nightmarejin
Amoranis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Amoranis

Amoranis

Which card packs to get? Empty
PostSubject: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 4:52 pm

So i finally have some money left over from this paycheck to actually get some cards. Might get the 9.99 moba coin pack to try it out but my question is what card pack should i invest in? The event single card pulls? Some different pack? Any help would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
nightmarejin

nightmarejin

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Step ups are the best bang for your buck but if you don't plan on investing some money I wouldn't waste it. It's rare to pull 5* and above. I pulled 3 6*s so far this event, but I spent around 300 on step ups and even that is amazing luck.
Back to top Go down
danimacha

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:30 am

Hi! I got 3000 moba coins so, which pack should i open? Very Happy thanks! ^^
Back to top Go down
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:35 pm

danimacha wrote:
Hi! I got 3000 moba coins so, which pack should i open? :Dthanks! ^^

Best would still be those step up packs.
Back to top Go down
KrewOwns
☆☆
KrewOwns

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm

Getting 30 TE, or saving your coins would probably be the best choice. With 30 you can get a decent 5* card, which would be better than anything you get in packs. Unless you're REALLY lucky.
Back to top Go down
Amoranis

Amoranis

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:02 pm

KrewOwns wrote:
Getting 30 TE, or saving your coins would probably be the best choice. With 30 you can get a decent 5* card, which would be better than anything you get in packs. Unless you're REALLY lucky.

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I went ahead and purchased that starter pack with the premium tickets and TE but i read this comment late.
After looking through the forums a bit, i am more convinced for next time to go for the straight TE. Now i have a few 4 stars that aren't so great that i will be trying to max'ing then eventually selling for a couple of TE once the Rookie Event is over. Since i stopped playing MMO's and such i will at least have some more money that can go to this. Def addicted though! Been playing at work during down hours and when i get home. I really like to grind. Reminds me of old school JRPGS. tongue If anyone need lots of AP and reads this feel free to add me then remove me when you have gotten what you need. Been playing nonstop for a few days now Smile.
Back to top Go down
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:57 am

Amoranis wrote:
KrewOwns wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I went ahead and purchased that starter pack with the premium tickets and TE but i read this comment late.
After looking through the forums a bit, i am more convinced for next time to go for the straight TE. Now i have a few 4 stars that aren't so great that i will be trying to max'ing then eventually selling for a couple of TE once the Rookie Event is over. Since i stopped playing MMO's and such i will at least have some more money that can go to this. Def addicted though! Been playing at work during down hours and when i get home. I really like to grind. Reminds me of old school JRPGS. tongue If anyone need lots of AP and reads this feel free to add me then remove me when you have gotten what you need. Been playing nonstop for a few days now Smile.

Off topic abit, reminds me of "White knight chronicle"
Back to top Go down
Stubub
☆☆☆
Stubub

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:40 am

Step up packs aren't that great other than the first two steps and the last two.

If you don't get to the end steps you're probably better off buying regular packs since you get so few cards per pack in a step up.

Maybe I'll come back with my calculations in a bit, my Step Up Pack Spreadsheet is on a different computer.
Back to top Go down
Amoranis

Amoranis

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 am

Stubub wrote:
Step up packs aren't that great other than the first two steps and the last two.

If you don't get to the end steps you're probably better off buying regular packs since you get so few cards per pack in a step up.

Maybe I'll come back with my calculations in a bit, my Step Up Pack Spreadsheet is on a different computer.

That would be very much appreciated. Also, any opinions on something like the mega pack for a newer user? My library isn't very much so i thought it might be nice to beef it up with the 14 cards but i am also aware that they can be all 2 and 3 stars. So far i only have one 5 star in Tugba and a bunch of the event 4 stars.
Back to top Go down
nightmarejin

nightmarejin

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 pm

IMO, mega packs are a waste. I only bought them for event items at the time and they have all been bad for cards. You can pull higher rarity, but the chance is low and the boost in step ups makes a difference. I wouldn't buy a mega pack in hopes of beefing up your library.
Back to top Go down
Amoranis

Amoranis

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 1:28 am

So to slowly beef up the library would you suggest Step Ups as high as i can afford then buying flat TE when there isn't an event/can't afford another 5k step up? I can probably do one round of the full step ups but don't think i could do multiple 5k's.
Back to top Go down
nightmarejin

nightmarejin

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Probably. I'd do step ups for events that you can earn a 6* too though, so you don't disappoint yourself. For example, this event I did up to step 7 and then 5 more step 7s. On my first two step 7s I pulled 3 6*s, after that nothing but 4*s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which card packs to get?   Which card packs to get? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which card packs to get?
Page 1 of 1