Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Your thoughts on Maiden Events?

Go down 
+7
Methakris
Ghost_Star
Hajkster
Tattycoram
kalivon
Corruptvoid
Herault
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Herault
☆☆
Herault

Your thoughts on Maiden Events? Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 am

Well, as title suggests, what are your thoughts on this maiden event? Personally, I really like these events as you get a lot of good stuff. This also creates a lot of problem as many people create alts to abuse the tickets but well, nothing is perfect. I personally hope they do a male version next charles for 7*!
Back to top Go down
Corruptvoid

Corruptvoid

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:22 am

They're okay. A middle of the road event. Better than arena, not quite as good as panel.

It all depends on how good your team is. I have been the top scorer on my team for all 3 maiden events. and I don't normally get that many points (this time I finished with 25k)
Back to top Go down
kalivon

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:35 am

Maiden events are RANDOM. It all depends on what kinda team you get. RNG on top of RNG.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:31 am

The problem I have with maiden events and panel events is that the main thing you are doing is basically grinding the same regular quest over and over again. It's good to have a variety of events for different types of players at different stages of their development, but for a leveled player you are stuck with picking the highest paying quest for that event and just grinding it over and over - it is just REALLY BORING.

I agree with kalivon too. The team composition seems so random. They could fix this by perhaps not allowing people to create a new team until a previous team was full (so, at least make all the teams the same number of players) and people have talked on other threads about ideas for incentives that could be put in place to encourage people to pull their weight a bit more on the teams (further discourage alts that don't really play but join a team just to take advantage)

At least with training events you get to fight bosses, with Mina Trials we get new quests some of which are very challenging. My favorite events are arena/colosseum and battle arena events because it seems a little more strategic (planning and preparing your team), each fight is a little different and, to me, it's fun to plan/prepare my team and see other players' teams. That said, I was disappointed in the most recent colosseum where the event units were so overpowered that it basically eliminated the strategy of team composition and made it a little closer to just another grindfest Sad
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:49 am

After having gotten 67k individual points, ranked twice in 200, once first day, once last day. And only one other guy with 40k+ and only 6 team members in total. It felt abit unfair, lol.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:13 am

well this is the first time i had a team under 100 (we got r29 ^^) and the second time i was able to grind a 6*. So this maiden event upped its likeability for me in a big way. Before Maiden<panel<everything else, now its panel<maiden<everything else.
I also feel like i know how to prepare for the next one... ie save lp and te spam the solo quest for more event items. I was about 200-400 crowns out of rank 30 on sat and had i saved lp points or spent about 80 te(p) on the solo quest i could have easily gotten that 6*.... so next time i'll be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Methakris

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:34 am

Not going to lie, this is the first one I actually participated heavily in.. only because I needed the magic 6*.. happened to walk away with missile 6* too.. just wish my team woulda done better
Back to top Go down
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:37 am

only played 2 team events so far. always got the most bt on the team. got both rosier and cuore though.
Back to top Go down
Roatanhi
☆☆
Roatanhi

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:21 pm

I've participated in all three maiden events.  I love them.  Second only to (real) tower events.  That said, All. Three. Times. I got stuck with a team of nothing but alts who never talked.  In this past event, two donated just over 1k in points, 1 was below 300, and two (including our "leader") never logged in again after joining a team.  This is really frustrating and I even debated giving up on Morticia just because I didn't want them to get the maiden ticket.  I'm glad I didn't give up because they didn't pull anything from it anyway, neener neener.  Smile

They do tend to be a bit grind-y (nothing like a panel event though, yikes) than other events but not to the point where it disrupts daily life (unless you intend to rank -- I don't, but then again, I've never been on a team that did anything to help rank).  I would love to be on a (full) team that participates and talks to/encourages each other. I think the unfilled teams and alt accounts are a big problem.
Back to top Go down
Herault
☆☆
Herault

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Well, I was lucky this time round and gotten into a good team(rank 20), but the rewards this time is tremendous. A good chance to pull 6* with great stats and a easy grindable 6*, not to mention those TE (P), P (P) and tickets. I can understand why people will want to create alts to abuse the rewards, I was tempted to do it too. Perhaps they should increase the BT points to receive rewards, so that people have to contribute more.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:02 pm

I'm glad that the team ranking reward was pure eyecandy and shoot stats because if Cuore was so good that she was mandatory for future events, I'd send my fist through a wall.

I loved that I was actually able to reach rank 13 and - get this, I got a screenshot of that rank, where I noticed something cool. Normally on the ranking screen, it shows the top ten, then it shows you and the four people above and below you. Well, it only showed two people above me there, because it didn't want to repeat a player in the listings. awesome, I thought, and it just made sense. But I'd never be able to come close to that rank in any other event. The only thing that allowed me to come close to the top ten was the fact that there were daily rankings and some of the big spenders got what they wanted on day one. I loved that.

I think it was after 2 or 3 days when I realized I was on track to get 40k points. Have never felt such a rush playing this game before. I was actually going to earn a six star. and a good one, to boot. Those stats are no slouch.

Honestly I think it's been the best event so far, and I''m glad that six star units are becoming much less rare. There are still plenty of them in high demand, but now you have to be smart about which ones you trade for - six stars is not enough to make something desirable anymore. They have to work for it.
Back to top Go down
Pandalicious

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:09 pm

Probably one of the easiest event ever. All 3 6*s without a penny spent. SS is determined to crash the 6 market and make all hunger for the 7*s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Maiden Events?   Your thoughts on Maiden Events? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on Maiden Events?
Page 1 of 1