Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Maiden Events - Why make your own team?

Go down 
+15
sycovenom
Yuan
kittykato
Therealtahu
themadmanazn
kfcjamal
Tattycoram
skrfirefly
Methakris
KuroStar
Maggot
Colaleon
paveljevs
memphiskite
Stubub
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Stubub
☆☆☆
Stubub

Maiden Events - Why make your own team? Empty
PostSubject: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:40 am

What's the purpose of making your own team?

I can only see negatives... You basically get into a team with 1 member thus making it less likely you'll reach 10 members.

Is there some kind of reward for being a team leader?
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:55 am

Nope. All I see in a team leader from the last two events is that they're slackers and only made one just to have their name on the leaderboard and get recognition for the hard work their 'team mates' actually did.

And also to score the team loot without doing much. Although that's what most of the other players are doing as well.

.... sorry for being brutal about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
paveljevs
☆☆☆☆☆☆
paveljevs

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 3:20 am

I have no words to express my hatred towards freeloaders during Team events, and especially those who create their own teams. Random team choice was the worst idea ever.
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 3:50 am

It's actually best for everyone if as few people as possible create their own team. Ideally, everyone would always choose to join a team unless there are no teams to join. This way, all teams would be full and it would be much easier to earn rewards, because you have more players contributing points to your team. Sadly, this will never happen. Still, it's a good idea to point out to your allies that they should join a team instead of creating one.
Back to top Go down
Maggot
☆☆
Maggot

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:17 am

Only "good" reason to create a team would be to avoid said freeloading "leaders". Doing this is only wise if you start off exactly when maintenance ends, otherwise you only contribute even more to empty teams coming in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Stubub
☆☆☆
Stubub

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:13 am

But surely you can freeload without being a team leader?
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:27 am

The one thing I hate is that how this game makes everyone go to a team who has the least members at that point of time and not fill in a team with 10 players before the next one, it will make less players become leaders of a team.
Back to top Go down
Methakris

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Hai Pavel! :p
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Yeah, you can still be a freeloader in a team.

Just don't be a freeloading team leader and take home the glory when you didn't do anything.

The less teams created they are, the more players we have all have in the current teams.

I would love to have a 10-member team. They would dominate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:39 am

how about a team member of 9 VS a team of 6 on the same competition with no handicap penalty?
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:14 am

Yes WHYYYYYYYYYYY DO THEY CREATE NEW TEAMS!?!?!? Evil or Very Mad

The team I am on has six members. The team leader who created this team at about 4:45 am fanta time (so, they did this VERY early in the event, before the maintenance was even scheduled to end) has contributed 143 points so far. Yes, one-hundred-and-forty-three points and no signs of life on his/her wall. I'm really baffled.
Back to top Go down
kfcjamal
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:28 pm

so there would be less rank rewards, driving the prices of the rank reward up.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:36 am

Either Ego or Stupidity... possibly both Laughing
Back to top Go down
Therealtahu

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:00 am

Or malicious.

If someone uses an alt to create a team after they get into a team of 9-10, there would be less competition, as teams of 6 people have a much harder time putting out the same number of points as a full team.

This is actually the "best" situation for an early joiner, as they can eliminate competition for the team ranking and also collect rewards from the alts. It's not best for everyone, but it's best for the owner of the alts.
Back to top Go down
kittykato
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:21 pm

I don't like the freeloading either. The last 2 events of contributed with no help from other members, I am starting to wonder why I even contribute. There's more freeloaders then players it seems. I was going to contribute more but why should I when all of the team I joined donated 500 points. -.-. Even if I made myself a leader my members would all be free loaders.
Back to top Go down
Yuan
☆☆☆☆
Yuan

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:37 pm

I make an effort simply for the personal PR rewards. They might get to leech off half my prizes but I'm going to be the only one in my team coming out of it with Mortica and Soldado.
Back to top Go down
sycovenom

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Tattycoram wrote:
Yes WHYYYYYYYYYYY DO THEY CREATE NEW TEAMS!?!?!? Evil or Very Mad

The team I am on has six members. The team leader who created this team at about 4:45 am fanta time (so, they did this VERY early in the event, before the maintenance was even scheduled to end) has contributed 143 points so far. Yes, one-hundred-and-forty-three points and no signs of life on his/her wall. I'm really baffled.
Sounds like my team Sad
Made by someone on chapter 6 who hasn't logged in for days, and donated a whole 111 pts...
Actually that is most my team 7 people on it 5 have donated under 400 pts, one donated just under 1k, and I donated almost 20k(The lack of contributions demotivatd me from trying in all honesty) Sad So its just like the last terrible team event.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:00 pm

It's not just team leaders who are to blame for this. Some may be hoarding their crowns for the last day, you just don't know yet.

Aegis's team, who is currently in 6th place, has been led primarily by Aegis himself.

You can check the wiki, Aegis is in the top 10 on two different days.
He has just as many inactives as I do. 

So I don't have an excuse, lol.
My team's 224th, and I have 32865 out of my team's 70206.

So there's at least two team leaders who aren't inactive. 
Though that probably doesn't make you feel any better.
Back to top Go down
kittykato
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Yeah but I just don't want to be the only one in my team contributing that much. Can't see getting to the top just by myself.
I'd have to empty my pockets to get close.

It seems like a 30% chance there saving it till the end. My luck there not. I wish there was a way to filter freeloaders. They can have a freeloading group.
Back to top Go down
tuxedomask90250

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:36 am

kittykato wrote:
Yeah but I just don't want to be the only one in my team contributing that much. Can't see getting to the top just by myself.

It seems like a 30% chance there saving it till the end. My luck there not. I wish there was a way to filter freeloaders. They can have a freeloading group.

I don't know if it would help, but they should introduce a quota system where if a member of a team doesn't contribute a minimum of points each day, then they could be forcibly kicked from the team by majority vote. What do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
Ryosuke
☆☆
Ryosuke

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 am

They should just raised the minimum pts needed for people to claim team rewards. Even though it won't help the team to filter out the non-actives, but at least it makes me feel better that those leechers are not getting anything from other people's hard work.
Back to top Go down
Gkdefined

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 4:19 am

They did do that, they set it at 100 pts though lol
Back to top Go down
kittykato
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 1:15 pm

tuxedomask90250 wrote:
kittykato wrote:

I don't know if it would help, but they should introduce a quota system where if a member of a team doesn't contribute a minimum of points each day, then they could be forcibly kicked from the team by majority vote. What do y'all think?
I like this Idea. Raise the limit and boot in actives. Then you would have an equal chance at getting a good group. Or maybe an option to leave an inactive group. Then there wouldnt be any reason to create your own group if your not going to participate because no one will stay in that team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maiden Events - Why make your own team?   Maiden Events - Why make your own team? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maiden Events - Why make your own team?
Page 1 of 1