Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?

Go down 
+4
themadmanazn
lmnseason
redjacketguy
KuroStar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? Empty
PostSubject: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 am

'The Current Situation' topic is a platform where you can raise your views in a non-aggresive tone and find out what do other people think about current situations or the things done in-game nowadays

Disclaimer: The content here is not meant to target any player personally.

Topic: Auctions

The Auction is where everyone place bids, and we all know how auctions work now. There is no doubt that it will create losses but this is a quick way to make TE and a good way to clear out your trash.

However, there are different things that happen in these auctions.

Ads.
Yes, ads! We see them all over auctions too.

Some auctioneers choose however to BLACKLIST ( AND I MEAN REALLY BLACKLIST! ) those players that create ads in their auctions that they organise, indicating that it is rude to post ads. ( That is a good reason to ban ads, but really, PLEASE GIVE A DIRECT WARNING FIRST! Evil or Very Mad )

Spoiler:

Do you agree that ads should be banned in auctions OR are ads still appropriate in auctions and we are free to post ads even in auctions?

Last edited by KuroStar on Sun May 05, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
redjacketguy

The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:48 am

Specify Rigid? Are they too strict with trading, or all untrusting jerks?

It makes me sad that people will decline trades for cards that go above their desired te level. Even if you trade with te and pots and one or two m4* cards... They'll decline for pure te.

I think its just being lazy due to everyone else not willing to accept anything but te because otherwise you need to sell what you get to acquire the te they represent.

That's not trading, that's capitalism! Razz
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:33 am

KuroStar wrote:
This topic will bring certain scenarios, questions can be raised through these scenarios. This topic is a platform where you can raise your views in a non-aggresive tone and find out what do other people think about current situations nowadays

Topic coming soon: Are players too rigid nowadays?
[under construction]
Yes and No.

People are hard to push when it comes to trading when they are too attached to a card but willing to go down for other cards.

I find that people are flexible when they get more TE than trading. I know for the fact that I like this and many of you guys are too.

Drama is the one other thing. Some people tend to get plugged in when they hear something going they see something going on. They are very likely encouraged by the fact that they will get to attack someone with a good excuse. Others tend to avoid it in order to avoid getting attacked if they make the wrong choice.

I met some people who also have learned the hard way. These are the allies of James Yan. There were those who believed his lies and back fired on them by finding out how many enemies this one old man have. A lesson for them to learn that they will not have to conclude a story too fast.

Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Bump and the first topic we're talking about is Auctions!

Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:56 pm

No warnings, no leeway, ads during auctions are rude. It is tough enough keeping track of bids and linking people, why tolerate a flood of stupid ads? To give warnings to every ad poster will just add (no pun intended) to the amount of work the auctioneer needs to do.

EDIT: I know it sounds harsh, but people need to think for a second before spamming everywhere. Use some common sense. These are the views of this old, jaded, and draconian Fanta player Razz
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:58 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
No warnings, no leeway, ads during auctions are rude. It is tough enough keeping track of bids and linking people, why tolerate a flood of stupid ads? To give warnings to every ad poster will just add (no pun intended) to the amount of work the auctioneer needs to do.

EDIT: I know it sounds harsh, but people need to think for a second before spamming everywhere. Use some common sense. These are the views of this old, jaded, and draconian Fanta player Razz

Just unban after the auction. You are popular XD
Back to top Go down
saphion

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:15 pm

I think this topic is not about auctions but rather ad messages. Here's my 2 cents:

tl;dr ver.: Any player can post their ads any where they see fit. Players who dislike ads or find them a nuisance can warn or ban(temp or perm) ad posters at their discretion

You have the right to post any messages that do not break the TOS, eg. ads random messages etc on any player's wall in the game. Freedom of speech Very Happy

Owner of the wall that you have posted your ad/message on may find it a nuisance e.g. how ad spam can be very irritating during auctions... its already hard to organize the auction as it is with the wall writing system so i dont see why anyone will tolerate ads in such a chaotic situation.
The player can inform you that he does not want you posting on his wall or just outright ban you to post further message on his wall. Temporary or permanent it is his discretion and right, hey! its is his wall after all.
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Topic: AUCTIONS

I don't think it's very rude to advertise on auctions, more like annoying, but if you're selling the same thing that's being auctioned or you are constantly spamming during the auction, then it becomes super rude.
saphion wrote:
its already hard to organize the auction as it is with the wall writing system so i dont see why anyone will tolerate ads in such a chaotic situation.
This is the exact reason why. You get a lot of offers during an auction and it's hard to keep up. Sometimes, the person hosting the auction gives the highest bid to the third/fourth person that made a bid instead of the first one because his message ends up being lost in between low offers and spam messages.

I'd also like to discuss something else: Putting prices in auctions. I tolerate a starting price, but if you're asking for the market price as a starting bid, it really defeats the purpose of the auction, which is to sell for quick TE. If you don't want to sell a unit for cheap, then don't include them in an auction for the price everyone's asking.

Also, I think auctions are a way to get TE quickly, but losing between 15-30% of the unit's market price. If you're lucky, you will get awesome offers that go above market price, but you shouldn't do something like this: "max Laura, starting bid: 140" or "max regular 4*, starting bid: 5 TE"
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:54 pm

saphion wrote:
I think this topic is not about auctions but rather ad messages. Here's my 2 cents:

tl;dr ver.: Any player can post their ads any where they see fit. Players who dislike ads or find them a nuisance can warn or ban(temp or perm) ad posters at their discretion

You have the right to post any messages that do not break the TOS, eg. ads random messages etc on any player's wall in the game. Freedom of speech Very Happy

Owner of the wall that you have posted your ad/message on may find it a nuisance e.g. how ad spam can be very irritating during auctions... its already hard to organize the auction as it is with the wall writing system so i dont see why anyone will tolerate ads in such a chaotic situation.
The player can inform you that he does not want you posting on his wall or just outright ban you to post further message on his wall. Temporary or permanent it is his discretion and right, hey! its is his wall after all.

Freedom of speech only applies to the government restraining your speech. Sure, if the game allows it you are fine, but the game also allows people to blacklist you, so people who spam ads during auctions also have no right to complain if they get blacklisted, it is the right of the player who they want to interact with.
Back to top Go down
saphion

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:07 pm

themadmanazn wrote:

Freedom of speech only applies to the government restraining your speech. Sure, if the game allows it you are fine, but the game also allows people to blacklist you, so people who spam ads during auctions also have no right to complain if they get blacklisted, it is the right of the player who they want to interact with.

That's exactly what i said in the rest of my post. if you are not gonna read the entire thing at least read the tl;dr version.

Further on the topic of auctions:

Suspect that some people may have got their friends (non-allies) to help pad auctions with fake bids. Heres a scenario

An auction for 100mihiro sold at ~35TE

a person bid 32TE during the auction and he didnt win it obviously

I had a 100mihiro i wanted to sell(its the exact same card) and i offered him at 31TE(cheaper than what he bid, must be a good deal right?) Interestingly the reply i got was that he was not interested in the card any more and he is only bidding because he wants to win the auction.

Did this a couple of times by selling the same card that i have as the auctioneer to the 2nd highest bidder at his bid price or less. some were successful but interestingly some were not... Why bid if you are not interested in the card in the first place? Or that the person has suddenly lost interest in a card he bid for it less than a minute ago?

My conclusion: Fake bids and auction padding cheers

EDIT: i forgot to mention that the guy was bidding from the start of the card from 10+TE to 32TE when he stopped
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:47 pm

I totally think there is fake bidding. I have seen people win way too much crap and spend way too much TE on that crap (the same person usually).

I suspect before the auction, the auctioneer gets a hold of a friend. If the bid does not reach a certain minimum, the friend just starts "bidding" on it to prevent the card for going for too low.

And I did read the whole post, I just wanted to point out how I hate it when people use freedom of speech to justify anything in a non-governmental situation. Many people don't understand that there is no such thing as freedom of speech when applied to private actors.
Back to top Go down
Sabin76
☆☆☆
Sabin76

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:43 am

HoundR wrote:
Topic: AUCTIONS

I don't think it's very rude to advertise on auctions, more like annoying, but if you're selling the same thing that's being auctioned or you are constantly spamming during the auction, then it becomes super rude.
saphion wrote:
its already hard to organize the auction as it is with the wall writing system so i dont see why anyone will tolerate ads in such a chaotic situation.
This is the exact reason why. You get a lot of offers during an auction and it's hard to keep up. Sometimes, the person hosting the auction gives the highest bid to the third/fourth person that made a bid instead of the first one because his message ends up being lost in between low offers and spam messages.

I'd also like to discuss something else: Putting prices in auctions. I tolerate a starting price, but if you're asking for the market price as a starting bid, it really defeats the purpose of the auction, which is to sell for quick TE. If you don't want to sell a unit for cheap, then don't include them in an auction for the price everyone's asking.

Also, I think auctions are a way to get TE quickly, but losing between 15-30% of the unit's market price. If you're lucky, you will get awesome offers that go above market price, but you shouldn't do something like this: "max Laura, starting bid: 140" or "max regular 4*, starting bid: 5 TE"

Yeah, saw some drama happen just a while ago because of this. I tend to side with you. I understand the idea of a reserve bid, but it should NOT be market price. If it is, then it's clear you are just out to get more TE from people because they get caught up in the bidding frenzy. While I guess it's the person's auction and they can set the rules how they see fit, they won't see me bidding in any auction like that.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:37 pm

themadmanazn wrote:

100% agree. cheers I just did two auctions this weekend to clear out a lot of old cards and raise TE fast, and it is HARD to manage an auction if you don't want it to drag out forever. Not a lot of room on the wall to keep track of the latest bids. You are going back and forth, trying to give links, post your auction on RCR and keep track of everything on your wall, so every single thing posted on your wall during the auction that's not directly related to the auction is a tiny nightmare. Every. Single. Thing. (Not to mention the rudeness of trying to perhaps snipe your sales)

My allies understand this and even try to keep their sending-to-all allies down to a minimum when ally auctions are going on.

Advertising on auction walls is very rude and most people should know better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?   The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Current Situation: Rules of the Auction? What do you think and what are your views?
Page 1 of 1