Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Auction hilarity

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

Auction hilarity Empty
PostSubject: Auction hilarity   Auction hilarity I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 1:06 pm

There have been some discussion about auction etiquette. There seems to be some general consensus, though not 100% agreement or compliance of course, that advertising within someone else's auction is bad form, and revoking your bid or not following through almost immediately on your purchase is bad form.

But manners/problems aside for a moment, auctions are a really hectic time for the auctioneer and sometimes funny things happen.

Share your lighthearted stories too. This is all in good fun! I appreciate auctioneers and their helpers!

Here someone was in the middle of an auction when he realized he forgot something important.
Spoiler:

Here's a two-parter.

1) An auctioneer was using helpers to provide secondary links.  I asked for a link once, and this happened to my wall (those three all lead to the same auction).
Spoiler:

2) So I went back to the auction wall and said "haha NO more links please lol" or something like that. The auctioneer then came to my wall to post this helpful instruction (Magnus lead is the auctioneer him/her self):
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Auction hilarity
Page 1 of 1