Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?

Go down 
+21
Xzaral
aszutai
clocksprocket
Strenhelden
wilyone
song414
mct007tc
DLC123G
ElysianField
Harada
cuddytime
Curasa
brokenchicken
Sientara
pnoytroi
jmrrice
Valhades
memphiskite
profile4
Dannupa
zTrace
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Curasa wrote:
For those on iOS, what phone model are you using that's getting the crashes? I'm still on ole' faithful 3GS. Trying to see if the 4's are crashing as well. iPads doing it as well?

I'm on a 3GS and I held off getting an iPhone 4 at the time because I broke my phone and still under contract. In order to get an iPhone 4 I would've had to pay full price for the phone, so NO.

Now after the update they did a couple weeks ago, it's still crashing and as I mentioned, no need for me to download the new iOs since I will be replacing my phone to a Galaxy Note II.
Back to top Go down
Harada

Harada

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 3:05 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
brokenchicken wrote:
I know I'm not the only person still getting these.

Mine still crashes no fail everytime. I have it timed down. I can do 1 quest. 1 training. Post a quick brave to allies before it crashes. >___> Really annoying, especially during the Black Dragon Event.

However, during the major boss battles, the game allowed me to resume my boss fights from the beginning without having to endure the cool down time.

I've timed it down as well. It seems that it's safe to do 3 actions. After doing them, the game might crash anytime. I usually do Quest > Training > Brave and then I close the game and enter it again, to refresh the actions. Then I do Battle > Quest > Etc and I close the game again. I've been playing like this ever since the crashes began...

The exception is the Album. There seems to have a high chance of crashing (like 70%), even if it's the first action I try when I log into the game.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 9:52 pm

^^ Same exact thing is happening to me. But it depends how long the quests take. If it takes too long on the third action it'll crash on me
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 am

Still happening, and they're getting worse. Support is no help. I won't spend another dime* on this game until this gets fixed.

(* - I won't after it gets fixed, either, but they don't need to know that)
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:52 am

could it be a problem with your phone?
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Always a possibility, though no other app is giving me problems and others have been reporting the same symptoms.

I've re-downloaded the full app, rebooted my iPod Touch many times, haven't changed my version of iOS, made sure I had plenty of free space available on my iPod (about a gig at the moment), run the app with and without other apps running concurrently, and nothing has made a difference.

Fantasica Support Team's ideas to date are:

"With regard to your concern, when you are using iPod Touch, we recommend that you close all other applications that are running along with Fantasica. Also, if the same issue will occur again, we are currently considering to reduce the amount of data sent and received. However, we expect that this may take a long time to complete."

Welp.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:41 pm

download Advanced Task killer
and use it before you start fantasica?
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 pm

That's for Android, not iOS.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 1:14 pm

isn't there a comparable app?
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Nah, I think apple fails in that department.

Only solution to killing apps? Turn it off and on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
DLC123G

DLC123G

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:09 am

doing the Key of Goetia event, attempting to train inbetween CD periods. Just keeps crashing :/ Luckily not happening in the event quests though Smile (touch wood)
Back to top Go down
mct007tc
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
mct007tc

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:38 am

DLC123G wrote:
doing the Key of Goetia event, attempting to train inbetween CD periods. Just keeps crashing :/ Luckily not happening in the event quests though Smile (touch wood)

Errrr..........I crashed 4 times on Chaos Altars and 2 times on Heroes......................................
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:40 am

During a quest/event i never crashed.

only problems with connection after a quest/event
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:40 am

Same old problem. If I go Altars -> Battle -> normal Quest, the next time I try either Altar or Battle my team marches to the battle site and whammo, crash to desktop.

Back to top Go down
song414

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:47 am

brokenchicken wrote:
Same old problem. If I go Altars -> Battle -> normal Quest, the next time I try either Altar or Battle my team marches to the battle site and whammo, crash to desktop.

I keep crashing too. We should email support and hopefully they can fix this and give some form of compensation. I crashed over 10 times today
Back to top Go down
song414

PostSubject: Anyone crashing this event?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:48 am

I keep crashing doing various things since this update. Anyone else crashing a lot? It is costing me ranking in the event...
Back to top Go down
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:01 pm

I have not had a problem with Fantasica crashing on an iPhone4. On an iPad 1 on the other hand, it looks like the game routinely hits an out of memory crash. I've had my iPad crash on pretty much everything from looking at the inbox to questing (6-4) and most recently round 1 of the arena.

Power cycling did not help much other than postponse the inevitable. I had also has already closed most of my apps before power cycling. Why not close them all? Well, what's the point of killing the mail client, clock and calender if you are only going to start it again after the power cycle?
Back to top Go down
Strenhelden
Terror of the End [Rare]
Strenhelden

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 pm

I'm playing Fanta on my iPod. It seems like I can do 3 battles before it crashes. So I end up doing a PvP battle, a BT battle, then logging out and logging back in :/
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 pm

4s crashed on me when I switched out of the battle screen to do something else for a second. So I guess I'm not going to do that anymore. @___@
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:10 pm

game's been crashing for me since I updated to ios 6, almost made me wish I can down grade back to ios 5, so irritating...
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
Xzaral
☆☆
Xzaral

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:23 pm

My sister's iPad 1 crashes the game all the time as well.
Back to top Go down
Ruego

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 am

iphone crashes all the time.. Sad

-it keeps crashing on altar quest, and when i reopen timer is recountdown Sad
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 5:49 am

Forgot who posted this tip on the forum (big thanks to whoever posted this tip Smile )

You can safely do 3 actions like battle, quest, training etc before the game starts to have a chance of crashing on the ios device. So I've been restarting the game whenever I'm doing important action like event battle or the chaos altar, saves me the trouble of worry about crashing during events, but restarting the game every 10 minute gets on your nerve really fast >_<
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:20 am

And the support team is right on top of things, as usual:

Quote :
Thank you for contacting Fantasica Support Team. We are constantly striving to improve our service and we appreciate your valuable feedback.

Regarding your inquiry, it may take a bit more time for us to complete the investigation. We are hoping for your patience.
Back to top Go down
Ruego

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 pm

aszutai wrote:
Forgot who posted this tip on the forum (big thanks to whoever posted this tip Smile )

You can safely do 3 actions like battle, quest, training etc before the game starts to have a chance of crashing on the ios device. So I've been restarting the game whenever I'm doing important action like event battle or the chaos altar, saves me the trouble of worry about crashing during events, but restarting the game every 10 minute gets on your nerve really fast >_<

that's very frustrating to do after every action.. lol Sad hope they fix this soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?   Random Iphone Crashes?!?!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Iphone Crashes?!?!?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next