Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Account Banned for Unknown Reason

Go down 
+16
MythSearcher
bells
Schdawn
bamboothief
Arabelladonna
BraveDemon
Yuan
Admin
loniguseze
LivingNexus
myad
Blargod
Timed
KuroStar
memphiskite
Argarion
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Argarion

Account Banned for Unknown Reason Empty
PostSubject: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:09 pm

This started a week ago when I logged into the game and found my account was suspended for "attempting to exploit the game". Today I noticed the message changed and my account is banned for "illegal activity". Asking Fantasica support why I was suspended and banned has been most unhelpful. Their replies include the following,

"With regards to your issue, our system detected abnormally high value from your account, leading us to suspend your account."

"Regarding your inquiry, we do not disclose the details just in case other players imitate that procedure intentionally with the leaked information."

So basically I am banned and they refuse to tell me why. I will now do some speculation on why I was banned because I don't have the real reason.

1. Posting Trades on This Forum
The below quotes are from the Fantasica "Notice" button in Game before you hit the "Start Game" button.

"The exchange of, or solicitation with the intent of exchanging, game content outside of the services provided by this site"

"The listing, solicitation, stating, and / or posting, in third-party forums promoting, or engaging in, any of the actions listed above"

Does that mean anyone using the trade forum on this site is violating the rules and can be banned?

2. Guilt by association real money trading.
RMT is an obvious bannable offense and I wouldn't be posting this if I did it.

If a player is caught for RMT do they ban all players that traded with the offender even if no money was involved?

I am registered at another site for trading that includes an RMT section but I never did any trades at the other site because I was uncomfortable with the RMT. Is merely being signed up at a site that allows RMT a bannable offense?

3. Running a second account
I have a 2nd account that I use to help store excess cards and change the order of my monster cards. Is this considered illegal? I don't think this is the reason because my 2nd account was not banned.

4. Other Speculation
These are unlikely explanations for banning since they involve just playing the game. I'm trying to figure out what Fantasica support means by "detected abnormally high value from your account".

I had over 5 million luna. Is that considered too much money?

I saved up over 80000 brave and used it with the enhance bonuses from the last panel event. Is that considered too much leveling by enhancement? Also, you really don't appreciate how much 80000+ brave is until you try to cash it all in for cards, it takes a long time.

Feeding 1* cards to 2* and 3* then feeding the leveled up 2* and 3* to save luna. Is doing this too much considered exploiting?

Trading temporary event only items for luna. Trading cards and / or TE for cards. If this was bannable why would they even allow it as a trade option?

Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:44 pm

In regards to the 'small' things you did in the game, you shouldn't be banned for it.

* Merely being registered at another site for trading that is sited to have an RMT section shouldn't be an offense at all, as long as you avoided any conversations involving you taking part of RMT even for a brief moment (for example, saying you're initiating a real money trade with someone, even though it never processed behind the scenes)

* If you got banned for having a 2nd account, then a lot of other players should be too, including myself. Plus, Silicon Studio have already done the necessary precautions in eliminating any 'farming' activities involving multiple accounts anyway, so there should be no harm in having even 5 accounts playing at once.

* Having too much luna shouldn't be an issue. In fact, how come you don't have a lot more? Razz

* Whatever you do with enhancement is all part of the game. They let you enhance a 6* in a 1* if you're not careful so feeding 1*s in 2*s shouldn't be of any concern.

* Being able to trade temporary event items with other players is also part of the game. If you got banned for that, the whole community would get the same treatment too.

As for having a trading topic in this forum, Crowex did warn users about the risks since this is an 'unofficial' site, but I haven't heard of reports from players being banned for having a trading topic yet, but it may be a possibility.

From what you've already mentioned, I wondered if you've done any of the following below:

... have you traded any Fantasica cards to other players for cards from other games such as Deity Wars or Rage of Bahamut?

... have you done any hacking on Silicon Studio's servers at all?

... do you know if your account got hacked and got involved in illegal activities that you're not aware of?
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Argarion

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:04 pm

have you traded any Fantasica cards to other players for cards from other games such as Deity Wars or Rage of Bahamut?
No

have you done any hacking on Silicon Studio's servers at all?
No

do you know if your account got hacked and got involved in illegal activities that you're not aware of?
Someone getting my password and using my account is another possibility. I was playing the night before and banned the next morning. I suppose someone could have used my account during this time, it's a 6-7 hour window of opportunity while I sleep. Also if someone stole my account I would expect them to steal my leader card (5* LV100) but I still see my leader from the 2nd account.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Argarion wrote:
do you know if your account got hacked and got involved in illegal activities that you're not aware of?
Someone getting my password and using my account is another possibility. I was playing the night before and banned the next morning. I suppose someone could have used my account during this time, it's a 6-7 hour window of opportunity while I sleep. Also if someone stole my account I would expect them to steal my leader card (5* LV100) but I still see my leader from the 2nd account.

Hmmm.... that is true. Plus your password would have obviously been changed too for the hacker's convenience. Well, according to my assumptions...
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:28 pm

This does not make sense!
Someone must have sabotaged you!
Back to top Go down
Timed
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Timed

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:25 am

The multiple accounts got you banned

someone must have complained about it

Last edited by Timed on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:47 am

Before I hit the hay.. are you contacting mobage or SS regarding your ban? If it's mobage, it's likely regarding the mobage coin offers via multiple accounts on a single device.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:42 am

probably some other questions to help you think of other possibilities...

* have you been using 3rd party software to automate certain tasks
* have you been playing using 3rd party software (on a PC or something like that)

having said all that, use of forums, etc such as this one can also get us banned... but of course such small issue is usually ignored.

i'm more of the believe that you've probably tried to exploit the game some how... maybe:
* force close the apps/ game during battle, etc

to be honest, i dunno what vulnerability/ loopholes are there other that the one i just mentioned (coz its always appearing in the game notice). there could be other exploits.

were you trying any of those? a week ago is the time we had that training event? i recall there were mention that some top players got suspended/ removed.
Back to top Go down
Argarion

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 2:33 am

Blargod wrote:
Before I hit the hay.. are you contacting mobage or SS regarding your ban? If it's mobage, it's likely regarding the mobage coin offers via multiple accounts on a single device.
myad wrote:
probably some other questions to help you think of other possibilities...

* have you been using 3rd party software to automate certain tasks
* have you been playing using 3rd party software (on a PC or something like that)

i'm more of the believe that you've probably tried to exploit the game some how... maybe:
* force close the apps/ game during battle, etc

were you trying any of those? a week ago is the time we had that training event? i recall there were mention that some top players got suspended/ removed.
This is the reply from Mobaje when I asked about the account suspension.

"Thanks for writing in! I have looked at your account, and can see that you have not been suspended from Mobage. Your ban must be from the developer."

I did not use software for automating tasks. My 2nd account account is not on the same device, I use an Android emulator on my PC for the 2nd account but that account is not banned, only the original. If the ban was for multiple accounts I would expect both accounts to be banned. Also I was not doing the Moba coin offers on the 2nd account, that seems too much like cheating to me.

As far as force closing the app goes, I have locked my phone on rare occasion while a battle was running. When unlocking the phone the battle would resume. This was a rare occurrence not a repeated pattern of play.

I don't think it's related to the training event either. I barely participated in the event, maybe 1 or 2 bosses, not exactly a top player.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:26 am

Argarion wrote:
"Thanks for writing in! I have looked at your account, and can see that you have not been suspended from Mobage. Your ban must be from the developer."
i guess u need to write to SS and find out... do let us know as well coz we're also curious...
Back to top Go down
Argarion

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:14 am

[quote="myad"]
Argarion wrote:
i guess u need to write to SS and find out... do let us know as well coz we're also curious...
Or you can read the beginning of my first post with the 2 quotes from Fantasica support.

Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:44 am

Argarion wrote:

Or you can read the beginning of my first post with the 2 quotes from Fantasica support.

oops... hmm..
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:07 am

Sounds like someone set you up the bomb.

Out of all the situations you listed, guilt by association seems most likely. Although you didn't directly participate in RMT, you could have received a card from someone who did. For example, if a person bought a card for $$$ and then traded it to you very quickly, it could look (to SS) like you had someone else buy the card for you so as to avoid suspicion.

I wouldn't put it past some people to do this intentionally to get other innocent players banned, but it sounds like you've just been caught in the crossfire. I hope your situation gets resolved soon.
Back to top Go down
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆
loniguseze

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:26 am

LivingNexus wrote:
Sounds like someone set you up the bomb.

Out of all the situations you listed, guilt by association seems most likely. Although you didn't directly participate in RMT, you could have received a card from someone who did. For example, if a person bought a card for $$$ and then traded it to you very quickly, it could look (to SS) like you had someone else buy the card for you so as to avoid suspicion.

I wouldn't put it past some people to do this intentionally to get other innocent players banned, but it sounds like you've just been caught in the crossfire. I hope your situation gets resolved soon.

It depends...

If someone in a trade or on one account accepts a large quantity of cards or TE... Lets say 3x 6* without anything put from the recieving acc it surely can look suspicious. We usually trade cards with other cards or TE (alot of TE in some cases).

The worst thing is the banned account could be simply a middle trading account with stolen info being simply used to further trading without even knowing...

I hope the situation gets resolved. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 am

I have to agree with old ceiling cat over there. Seems like some sort of suspicious trade went on which caused them to temporarily suspend you based on the info you provided.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:00 am

I would say number 2. Trading with someone who RMT or uses exploits could get you banned. Receiving hacked TE was the reason for several bans in the past. Plus, the websites who have been trading for real money have been reported along with the members and their IDs, and some of their IPs.

I advise anyone who values their account to not be registered on that type of site since the staff here collects information and sends it to both Mobage and Silicon Studios.
Back to top Go down
Yuan
☆☆☆☆
Yuan

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 am

Why would you go around reporting users on other sites? That seems kind of outside of your scope, although it does help protect the economy. Just seems like a lot of extra work.
Back to top Go down
BraveDemon

BraveDemon

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Argarion wrote:

"With regards to your issue, our system detected abnormally high value from your account, leading us to suspend your account."

"Regarding your inquiry, we do not disclose the details just in case other players imitate that procedure intentionally with the leaked information."

So basically I am banned and they refuse to tell me why. I will now do some speculation on why I was banned because I don't have the real reason.

The response actually makes it seem pretty clear. Look at the underlined/bolded portion.

It looks like their system detected some kind of account activity rising to the level of an exploit. I'd rule out being registered at this site (or any other for that matter - unless you actively sold stuff). Chances are your account showed some repeated pattern that came up as a red flag.
Back to top Go down
Argarion

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Blargod wrote:
I have to agree with old ceiling cat over there. Seems like some sort of suspicious trade went on which caused them to temporarily suspend you based on the info you provided.
I started the trading part of the game recently so my trading history is short.

1. Trade 20TE for 5* L1 Deesee Card
2. Trade event maiden cards for other event maiden cards (all 4* to 4*)
3. Trades with 2nd account - moved all TE and Pots to main account (less than 10), gave spare 4* cards to 2nd account, album trades, canceled monster card trades to reorder the cards.
4. Traded small life drops from arena event (over 60) for 50k luna each.

Do any of those trades seem suspicious? Maybe some of the ones between my two accounts but if that were the case I would think my 2nd account would also be banned.

BraveDemon wrote:

It looks like their system detected some kind of account activity rising to the level of an exploit. I'd rule out being registered at this site (or any other for that matter - unless you actively sold stuff). Chances are your account showed some repeated pattern that came up as a red flag.
This would suggest the way I play the game is considered an exploit somehow. It would also mean some part of their game is poorly designed and I'm being punished for unknowingly stumbling on it. Without knowing how I exploited the game there's no way for me to avoid that activity if I were to continue playing on another account. This uncertainty means I won't be coming back to the game because I never know if I could be banned again and all my in game progress/cards/items etc. wiped out. It's very upsetting to have this happen after putting so much time into the game and I would like to know why.
Back to top Go down
Arabelladonna
☆☆
Arabelladonna

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:20 pm

That second account activity probably raised the red flags, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DieAntrim
bamboothief

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:42 pm

I think it's also because of the second account. You did get the non-personal TE and Pot from a second account. This is exploiting the game via multiple account. Action like this you may get lucky for sometime not get caught, once get caught there is nothing you can complaint. You violate ToS and get banned for it.

Another note:
Is it possible to get 80k brave in FIRST week of playing?
You and your ally would both have low brave bonus skill level, and low ally number. Also low level allies are usually alot less active.
Back to top Go down
Argarion

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:48 pm

bamboothief wrote:
I think it's also because of the second account. You did get the non-personal TE and Pot from a second account. This is exploiting the game via multiple account. Action like this you may get lucky for sometime not get caught, once get caught there is nothing you can complaint. You violate ToS and get banned for it.

Another note:
Is it possible to get 80k brave in FIRST week of playing?
You and your ally would both have low brave bonus skill level, and low ally number. Also low level allies are usually alot less active.
The 80k brave was not from 1 week of playing, that was saved up over more than a month.

Non personal TE and Pot from 2nd account actually does make sense for a bannable offense since they are given away as freebies for new players. I don't know why they would be so secretive if that was the reason for banning unless it's just a major pain to track so they don't want other players getting the idea. I'm going to go ahead and assume this was the reason for banning. Let it serve as a warning to other players.

Last edited by Argarion on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Schdawn
☆☆
Schdawn

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:22 pm

When you transfer stuffs between accounts, did you do a one-side trade? (like putting TE on your second account side, and nothing on your main)

Most games with trading treat this kind of activity as a red-flag (for Hacking, or Free account farming)
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Argarion wrote:
Blargod wrote:
I started the trading part of the game recently so my trading history is short.

1. Trade 20TE for 5* L1 Deesee Card
2. Trade event maiden cards for other event maiden cards (all 4* to 4*)
3. Trades with 2nd account - moved all TE and Pots to main account (less than 10), gave spare 4* cards to 2nd account, album trades, canceled monster card trades to reorder the cards.
4. Traded small life drops from arena event (over 60) for 50k luna each.

Do any of those trades seem suspicious? Maybe some of the ones between my two accounts but if that were the case I would think my 2nd account would also be banned.

I would say that #3 and possibly #4 (if the life drops were coming from your alt) might have raised a flag if there's a disproportional amount of trade going on between the two accounts. Truthfully, I normally wouldn't think that they would care since I used to have alts in order to bank luna way back before trade restrictions were implemented.

Now, I guess anything is possible on their part. I didn't think that they'd be so draconian in considering this as exploitation though.
Back to top Go down
Argarion

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Schdawn wrote:
When you transfer stuffs between accounts, did you do a one-side trade? (like putting TE on your second account side, and nothing on your main)
Most games with trading treat this kind of activity as a red-flag (for Hacking, or Free account farming)
There were always cards and items involved on both sides. I didn't think trades could be 1 sided so I never tried that. Some of the trades were uneven in favor of the main account such as multiple TE or pots for a single fresh 4* card.

Blargod wrote:

I would say that #3 and possibly #4 (if the life drops were coming from your alt) might have raised a flag if there's a disproportional amount of trade going on between the two accounts.
The life drops were from main account only.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Account Banned for Unknown Reason   Account Banned for Unknown Reason I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Account Banned for Unknown Reason
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next