Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Please vote for this on Mobage

Go down 
+8
Kimika9394
masta518
Sabin76
Reikr
ATB
loniguseze
Ghost_Star
rivkari
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:15 am

penguizaur wrote:
because she was so easy to get...

Grinding 15 hours a day non stop is not "easy to get" from my point of view. Free, maybe. Easy, hmmm... Insane, YEAS. And yeah, she's worthles now, everybody grinded for her. Laughing
Back to top Go down
RoyalGargoyle
☆☆☆
RoyalGargoyle

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:20 am

She was easy to get compare it to all the other events. You can't expect it to be only 5 hours a day to get her than there would have been 5000+ matahari or so.
There has to be some difficulty otherwise it is no reward cause everyone has it.
People value cards for their rarity, we can't make a 6* card as rare as a 5* can we?
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:24 am

RoyalGargoyle wrote:
She was easy to get compare it to all the other events. You can't expect it to be only 5 hours a day to get her than there would have been 5000+ matahari or so.
There has to be some difficulty otherwise it is no reward cause everyone has it.
People value cards for their rarity, we can't make a 6* card as rare as a 5* can we?

I agree. But you are comparing Fanta with Fanta itself. It's still insane to grind 15 hours a day for a week. It comes to players to decide if to play or not.

Fanta is creating insane and unhealthy habits. Yay! bounce

PS: I'll do it in events I like for the rewards I can get for free, tho. pig
Back to top Go down
penguizaur
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:28 am

If she was any easier, she would be even more worthless...

She is a pretty decent card, if she was easier what incentive would you have to spend money on the game? You have to remember that the game is there because the paying players pay the wages of all the people that work on it.

Free players contribute content for paying players: i.e. second class citizens. This is how the cookie crumbles... they will make rewards enough to keep the minimum number of free players required to make the paying players feel good and want to spend money.

THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH IN LIFE. If you want something contribute or exchange something that the other party values.
Back to top Go down
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆
loniguseze

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:30 am

penguizaur wrote:
Why are you expecting the 6* to be obtainable for free players anyways? Matahari was easy to get and everybody got her in the last event, Francois is not meant to be a cheapo everybody have it yay card.

Literally... A FEW DAYS AGO THERE WAS A 6* NON-PAYER OBTAINABLE NONRANK EVENT PRIZE

I really don't think Francois is meant to be one. (Incidentally look at how little Mata is worth because she was so easy to get...)

Matahari wasnt at all easy to get... I spent 16 hours a day glued to my phone. I dont consider that EASY at all. It was exactly well balanced as a reward. Not to easy to get and at the same time not impossible.

THAT is what I call a fair event for all.

A less valuable 6* for a non rank by giving a chance to everybody and leaving the top notch 6* like rank rewards for the paying comunity.
Back to top Go down
penguizaur
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:39 am

Let me elaborate then, since maybe it is a bit difficult to understand,

The company basically wants money, It doesn't want you to grind because a free player sitting there for 15 hours a day literally does nothing but add server strain for them.

What Matahari's difficulty to obtain basically translates to is this: If you pay us X dollars, you can have something that all these people had to work 15 hours a day for a week to get. Please buy packs instead! The harder they make it, the more money they will make. The easier it is the less money they will make. Obviously there is a threshold where people are not willing to pay anymore.

It will always take more time on average than a "normal" human would play because they want those who are on the fence to play that much, and then pay a little bit to make up the rest.

Of course keeping the community happy is a big deal: this is why step up packs etc are causing such an economic collapse etc etc etc. I think you may be right in saying it isn't easy maybe, I was thinking it was easier to play fanta all day than to get a job lol.

of course there are the cheaters you can do both at the same time.... Wink

Last edited by penguizaur on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 am

I agree with both of you. Matahari was a fair prize, so was Dermond. I wouldn't care more doable rewards like her (obviously, I wouldn't be grinding for like that every event... as I said before,it's insane). But once in a while this doesn't hurt, and then an even much better reward for top spenders (like vDiana).

Remember that paying players make the existence of this game possible after all. And some events (like Arena) are almost equal and fair for everyone.
Back to top Go down
penguizaur
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 7:48 am

I think the BIGGEST problem with fanta actually is how few 6*s you need. Think about what happens if they have one of these obtainable 6*s every event....

How many do you really NEED? Before you stop spending $$$ and grinding like crazy? They need a cooldown period to have some people quit, and new people join so that there is excitement for the opportunity
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:14 am

Elaborate what is the meaning of a 6* card? Does it mean it's easy to get? no it does not. I'd like to refer Fantasica to a real life card game in terms of rarity.

As we know 6* is currently our highest rarity. What does the word rare mean? Difficult to get and not that common. The higher the rarity the more difficult it is to get it. You can't expect to just find a Secret rare card off the ground just because you wanted one. You have to work for it, get booster packs, get good cards and trade them around then eventually get the card that you want the most.

Trade several cards to get one good card, this applies to Fantasica as well. Except cards here can be leveled and gain value, making it easier to trade around compared to real life cards.

Matahari was considered the easier to get 6*s, so many people had them. But they all had to work hard to get it, otherwise... what is a rare card? why is it rare if everyone could get it? That simply defies the word rarity, Matahari should have been a common if she was THAT easy to get.

Now let's look at it in this point of view, you're trying to sell something. You would use any tactic to tempt the customer into buying your products not just window shopping. Buy 1 get 1 free, 20% off, advertising, giving out small samples. Would a company simply give things away for free and lose all their profit? I think not. If you really want something, you have to work hard for it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:41 am

Matahari is not the only 6* obtainable by free players... in this event if a free player traded for cuni and spent as much time farming as they did in the sun & moon the would be able to get franc and easily rank. They could also do this with a event 5* and a supply of pots... of coarse they would need to be able to take down the bosses but really, these rewards and ranks should be out of reach for new players.

I will have put the same amount of time into this event as i did sun and moon, in sun and moon i got about 100k over the 5*, in this event i will get the 5* tomorrow or the day after, if i put an extra 5 hours in per day or spend 200'ish pots i would have franc. no question. free player. stop whining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please vote for this on Mobage   Please vote for this on Mobage - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please vote for this on Mobage
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2