Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm Empty
PostSubject: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Post suggestions here: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3272-game-mechanic-suggestions-list#71146

This sister thread to the game mechanics Suggestions/list is for review of all suggestions. Now this is simple. I will post all suggestions that are on the suggestion list in this thread, then, by following a simple checklist, you can help improve the list. I would like everyone to post in the following manner (for orginizations sake)

1) Name of person who made suggestion/ (include the slash) name of person who made tweak
2) quote all or a portion of the suggestion that you feel is relevent
3) write "plus 1/minus 1/needs improvement (equivalent of plus 0)
4) reason you liked/didn't like the suggestion OR what tweaks you would make.

If you make a tweak, I will add the tweak under the original suggestion, and then people can comment based on either the original or the tweak.

If whenever I update the post, (I will aim for atleast once every other day) a suggestion has a negative rating, I will remove it from the other thread, but leave it here for others to continue to rate.
If something has like a -30 rating, feel free not to give it another bad rating Smile

Please don't use rude or offensive language when critiquing. Calling something flawed or unreaistic is different than calling it stupid, or anything of the like.

Feel free to critique as many suggestions as you want. If you critique one thing, please do not critique it again unless you are addressing it after it has been tweaked.

Last edited by predator852 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Fanta Player Base: a good fix of the economy could be to make a way to trade luna for te/pots in game. Something like:
200k= TE
150k= TE (p)
200k= Potion
150k= Potion (p)
This would make luna a useful trade material and give it a well needed sink!

Predator852: I love the idea of a leader, but I think the game could be more indepth. I think if we were able to pick a squad or team etc, it would be more fun. Each card could have a "squad effect", something that only activates when a card is in your squad. These would be small, ad unique effects such as:
squad exp + 5% (each unit in your squad gets an extra 5% exp when awarded exp)
ally damage +3% (when deploying an allies leader, that card gets an extra 3% in all damage)
leader speed +5% (your own leader gets an extra 3% speed when deployed)
These could go on and on, quest cooldown lowered, more battles per hour, more gold, more ally land attack, use any unit in an allies squad, more land attack for all deployed units, cut a percentage of all sea monsters life, more boss damage etc. It would add a HUGE layer of depth to the game and make cards like Alexander or Beatrix more sought after if they had a good squad skill...

Bleachcosplay: A list of suggestions to enhance the inbox in the game:
1) Have the ability to send cards out of the unit list into the inbox. A very simple and useful function we dont have.
2) Have a sorting button in the inbox (rarity high, level high, rarity low, level low,melee units only, monsters only, etc.). This would help keep plyers from picking cards they wanted to leave in the inbox and take cards that they wanted out faster.

Xzaral's tweak: Be able to sort between the units and monsters.

Kingdragon: Reduce the tradelock period to 10-15minutes, the tradelock is inconvienent

Chibileen's tweak: leave the tradelock time the same or make it 24hours, but make it possible for either player to cancel the trade at anytime.

Thalasar's tweak: first fifteen minutes either player can cancel, after that the 24hour period begins where only the other side can cancel.

Player Base tweak: Implement a server wide auction house/market. known drawback: value of cards would plummet across the board.

Myad: Would like to see positioning of units have more of an effect in quests/boss fights. For instance, each boss could have a weak spot (either secret or telegraphed) that would provide a bonus in speed/damage to a unit placed there.

Predator852's tweak: I've seen tower defense games where during the quest there would be forts or mana spots or something that gave boosts to towers, maybe something like that in fanta quests and increase monsters across the board.

Myad #2: Create a luna store or other ways to sink luna like:
1) Weekly buffs only purchaseable with luna like: larger inbox/item slots, additional trade slots etc.
2) special items (permanent or consumable) that could have nice effects like being equipted to leaders for buffs etc.

Themadmanazn: Make ally points more useful, probably by creating an ally ponts store. Inside you would be able to buy consumables:
A) 20k = TE
B) 15k = Potion
C) 7.5k = TE (p)
D) 5k = Potion (p)
Or you could buy things that were nt permanant, but maybe an "overdrive" on existing skills, boosting their effects for a short amount of time, or extending the bounds of skills like speed demon to include deployed ally leaders as well.

Despoted: Include a Speed Boost skill. Sister to Attack Boost, they would both raise DPS, but would have profoundly different effects during events. I.E. in the arena event, speed boost would produce the opposite effect of slow. Also, if it affected every deployed unit on the field, it would boost the effect of AA more than attack boost does.

Predator's tweak: While we're on the subject of boosting power, there should be a skill boost skill too. Much like battle seasoned, raising the level of units skills, or a card that had the skill of giving other units a second skill, like AA or knockback.

Predator852: This game lacks an endgame mechanic. I think a perfect endgame is already a big party of many other TD games out there: an endless mode. I havent really figured out how it would go together, but I figure the maps wouldnt be strait lines like the tower events, they would have turns and such.
1) You could deploy your own units and ally units, but depending on some factor (maybe a new stat like dexterity) they could only hit/kill a certain number of times before they went away and were put on a cooldown.
2) Or the stat could be health and the monsters could attack as they went by.
3) everytime a monster was killed, the next one that came out would be a level higher. So if a lvl1 imp was killed the next one to spawn would be lvl2. But the first goblin to spawn would be lvl1.
4) The spawn rate would be completely random, and monsters would never have a lvl limit (so you could eventually face a lvl 235 imp.
5) Units would still get exp based on hits/kills
6) after reaching a certain BP amount you would be rewarded with increasingly good rewards such as cards/consumables.
7) after a huge amount of BP or time survived you would begin to be rewarded with units that were tailor made to survive endless.
Cool A lifetime/event leaderboard that updated as records were broken.
9)maybe a spectator mode so others could watch you do it.
10) special endless only monster skills that high level monsters 200< would get like explode and spawn and invisible

Duhmichael17: Increase the level cap, most players are maxed or pretty close to it. With this should come weekly, or even daily bufffs to skills and enhancements we already have. Finally, if we had double the levels, there would be room to double the effectiveness of all of our skills!

Duhmichael17 2:Guilds. We should have guilds as well as allies. Guilds should be a completely different part of the game where we would have guild events.
I.E. A huge sprawling area, so large we would have to scroll through (each guild would have their own) and members could go and place one or a few of their units anywhere, but there would be a 1-3 hour cooldown before they could move them. then, throughout the course of the day or week, monsters (some bosses) would come through, and based on the overall kills or BP the guilds would be ranked! Of course there would be a limit of guild members, maybe between 20 and 50.

Last edited by predator852 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:41 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 pm

57803882: Add some way for free players to actively participate in the Boss Quests during the Panel Events- i.e. by selling Wish Tickets for luna, or giving a cooldown for each one that is removed by an appropriate amount of Wish Tickets, or giving out some Wish Tickets as a daily login bonus... It could also help by making the BP given per quest more consistant, so players could do whatever quest they wanted, and not just 25-3...

57803882 #2: Add a "Forced Rest Mechanic" so that players who didn't play for 8 hours strait would get a rest bonus, effectivly making any gameplay after that more rewarding or ALTERNATIVLY:
Add a new energy or "action point" that depletes as you play, but slowly so that they could last ~16hours, and if a player has none, gameplay is not effective or does not reward the player at all. The only way to get these action points back would be to not play for a certain period of time...

ShYber: There should be more pure TE buying options, like in most other mobile games, that gives a little bit more extra with every purchase. I.E. 1 for $1, 12 for $10, 30 for $20, 75 for $50

Last edited by predator852 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

reserved
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

reserved
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

reserved
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:30 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
ItsMeDomLee

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:16 pm

You guys know that all these suggestions for easier access to TE are completely pointless right? More TE = more money in market = prices will be driven up = nothing has changed.

If anything, it would cause the game to shut down as the developers would make considerably less money due to less people buying TE.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:20 pm

ItsMeDomLee wrote:
You guys know that all these suggestions for easier access to TE are completely pointless right? More TE = more money in market = prices will be driven up = nothing has changed.

If anything, it would cause the game to shut down as the developers would make considerably less money due to less people buying TE.

Or, it would lead to more card to card trades, more competition in events, more free player interaction and more reasons to get luna...
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:24 pm

ItsMeDomLee wrote:

Price being driven up is fine, I just want to be able to do trades easier instead of everyone hugging to their TEs like there's no tomorrow Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
ItsMeDomLee

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 pm

predator852 wrote:
ItsMeDomLee wrote:

Or, it would lead to more card to card trades, more competition in events, more free player interaction and more reasons to get luna...

Irrelevant. Have you ever heard of the term inflation?

With TE's costing luna, the value of each TE drops by a large margin. Why would people continue paying 1 dollar for something that is worth a tenth of what it used to buy? Who in their right minds would ever spend money on this game again?

You're thinking out of the hat of someone who doesn't want to pay a penny for the game. Not from the developer's standpoint. They would never do this.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:31 pm

ItsMeDomLee wrote:
predator852 wrote:
ItsMeDomLee wrote:

With TE's costing luna, the value of each TE drops by a large margin. Why would people continue paying 1 dollar for something that is worth a tenth of what it used to buy? Who in their right minds would ever spend money on this game again?

You're thinking out of the hat of someone who doesn't want to pay a penny for the game. Not from the developer's standpoint. They would never do this.

Not so. Yes people buy te nw, but rarely. The devs pull in most of their profit from card packs, which wouldnt be affected.

Yes, because of inflation people would want more te for their cards. BUT they would also be more inclined to take cards and luna, because te wouldnt be worth as much and luna would have a worth.

And "we" because that post was from the fanta population, are thinking out of the hat of a player base who dosn't like having the only trade good being so rare and hard to come by. I shouldn't feel bad when I use te during an event because I don't know how much that te will be worth 2weeks from now. I should want to use te when it makes the most sense (during events) because that's what it was made for, not to be hoarded!
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:32 pm

ItsMeDomLee wrote:
predator852 wrote:
ItsMeDomLee wrote:

You're making it sound like people buy TE all the time... Out of all my money that I've spent, didn't spent a single cent of it on buying TEs, although buying TE is starting to sound more and more appealing, but that will come at the expense of less people buying boxes, either way the developer is loosing money on one end or the other.

Edit:
For the record, I play this game mostly for the fun of trading, with the economy as messy as it is right now; if it wasn't for this community, I would of quit weeks ago....
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:46 am

I will do an example rewiew, just so we are all on the same page here (It seems we are not!)

1) Duhmichael17
2) Guilds. We should have guilds as well as allies. Guilds should be a completely different part of the game where we would have guild events.
3) needs improvement
4) pretty much the only thing that I really liked about FFAB was that the guilds were chosen at random. we are so deep in that if they added guilds all the strongest players would just band together and leave everyone else in the dust, and then being a strong guild would only hurt everyone else.
But if everyweek there was a guild sign-up button people could push, and then at the start of the next week we were all assigned to random guilds with wacky names, things would be as fair as possible. Then new players as well as advanced players would be able to use the guild to their advantage.
Back to top Go down
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:24 pm

(wrong thread)
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:32 pm

57803882 wrote:
(wrong thread)

>.< wrong thread, but I'll move it and add it!
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:22 pm

updated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Vote+Constructive Criticizm
Page 1 of 1