Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

What is so good about Isis

Go down 
+9
predator852
Reikr
Soggytoaster
lmnseason
myad
Aurasphere
Sabin76
HoundR
peradino
13 posters
AuthorMessage
peradino

What is so good about Isis Empty
PostSubject: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 am

I just got one from the pack and suddenly there are several trade request. Many of them seem too good to be true. That makes me wander what is so good about this card? I checked stat it is just on par with other 6* may be a bit on the lower side. Poison ability is just meh....
The only good thing I found is deployment cost.

BUT.. is that worth for other 2 max 6*?
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 am

Which "too good to be true" offers are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
peradino

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 am

I got 1 offers of 1 max6*
3 offers of 1 max6* plus other 5* or 4*
2 offers of 2 max 6*

The last one seem a bit too good. Considering that stat of both units are higher than Isis max stat.
Back to top Go down
Sabin76
☆☆☆
Sabin76

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 am

If it's two maxed Alexanders... DON'T DO IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:07 am

The number of stars in a unit doesn't necessarily mean it's a good unit to get in a trade. Getting lots of units (5*s) isn't very good either, depending on the units.

As Sabin76 said:
Quote :
If it's two maxed Alexanders... DON'T DO IT BECAUSE ALEXANDER SUCKS!!! Wink

Ok, I may have changed that a little, but you get the point Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aurasphere

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 am

Stats don't solely determine value. Art and rarity matter very much.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:59 am

Aurasphere wrote:
i find the word 'art' to be misleading... most of the time, when people say art... they actually mean the number of clothings on that unit.

for female units, the lesser the number of clothing, the higher the value.

for male units... its the opposite.

having said that... one problem is determining the gender of the unit. example: Camille
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:39 am

myad wrote:
Aurasphere wrote:
i find the word 'art' to be misleading... most of the time, when people say art... they actually mean the number of clothings on that unit.

for female units, the lesser the number of clothing, the higher the value.

for male units... its the opposite.

having said that... one problem is determining the gender of the unit. example: Camille

The problem with girls is that they always cosplay as a guy and then we end up with all these gender confusion.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:45 am

Congrats on the 6* Peradino! Smile
If you tell us which max 6*s they are offering I am sure we can
help you figure out if it is a good deal.
Back to top Go down
peradino

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:06 am

I could not reveal the exact name of the card. If one of them is here too, I might lost the deal.

Here is the offer that seem to be highest value.
CARD1 max6*
Ground High
Air Low
Water High
Slow6

CARD1 max6*
Ground High
Air mid(lower end)
Water low
Knockback 6

When I represent damage to high, mid, low, I was comparing with average max stat of 6* units
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:41 am

Well knockback and slow are great skills.
If the stats are comparable or better than Isis I would
go for the trade myself as two is better than one for a
fresh player getting into the 6* scene.

Knockback - Probably Abel, possibly Manfred
Slow - Probably Petra, possibly Monica

If it is Abel and Petra then it is up to you. They seem to be quite
common amongst new 6* owners and are cheapish but good
cards. If it is Manfred and Monica it is a decent trade as they
have great stats.

Perhaps someone with more insight could help out. It is hard for
me to figure out prices for these new cards.
Back to top Go down
peradino

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:03 am

And what about Isis? Is it so valuable that I should not part with?

But yes, I a new play with only 2 6* units. It would be great to increase to the number to 3.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:49 am

No one seems to know the price of Isis or perhaps
they are just not saying. There are plenty of people
asking for a price check on Isis in the price check
thread but no one has answered.

I see so many people with multiple 6* cards and
have a player level under 50. It makes me sad
that I am level 100 and only have 3 5* xD

Isis is still newish so the price will be high for a time.
She is a magic poison type with average stats and a
slow speed so her price will drop a fair bit I am sure.
The only good thing is the art imo (boobs) xD
Back to top Go down
Reikr

Reikr

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:23 am

If you don't say what cards are being offered, there is little anyone can do to help you figure out if it's a good trade or not.
The main reason being Limited edition units. Rank rewards are often worth a lot more then just their stats would tell you.
And when it comes to stats, the speed are just as importrant as the other stats. Not to mention arena where speed is the absolutely most important stat. This should be obvious but: a E-D speed card with average-high stats might have lower dps then a speed A-B card with under avrage stats.
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:19 am

Reikr wrote:
If you don't say what cards are being offered, there is little anyone can do to help you figure out if it's a good trade or not.
The main reason being Limited edition units. Rank rewards are often worth a lot more then just their stats would tell you.
And when it comes to stats, the speed are just as importrant as the other stats. Not to mention arena where speed is the absolutely most important stat. This should be obvious but: a E-D speed card with average-high stats might have lower dps then a speed A-B card with under avrage stats.

Yep, I'm trying to help but that info is not enough. I know the market very well but I need to know which unite they are so I can give you an estimate value of the trade.
Isis goes for +/- 500 right now because of her recent release (just like Manfred and Alvida) but she's not that popular in trades and her price WILL drop, maybe it has and my price is too high already.

When doing trades, I usually go for prices and popularity instead of stats. That way, you can get the most profit while having a chance of getting the units I want. I know it's tempting to get 2 6*s for one but that just isn't enough with this economy
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Also, don't forget, Isis is fairly new, and she's in regular packs from now on, mening her price will drop substantially.

Also, even some limited edition cards aren't worth much. Take Halloween Monica for example, she's not worth as much as other LE cards, even though she's really not that bad. Rouge is a great LE 6*, and she's worth even less than H. Monica! But somehow Belethi, who is Alexander in every sense of the word, is worth a lot.

So I say if you got a trade offer of 2 6*s, 1 LE and one non alex classic 6*, take the deal. If you got an offer of Rouge/Hmon/Zhao+ another classic 6* that's actually worth something, take it. If you got offered Doro and Rein, I probably wouldn't think too much of it...
Back to top Go down
Pandalicious

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Isis is unique because of her low dc. Her stat/dc ratio is probably only second to nina. Does low stat make nina a less wanted card? Last time I checked nina's stat is pretty mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Pandalicious wrote:
Isis is unique because of her low dc. Her stat/dc ratio is probably only second to nina. Does low stat make nina a less wanted card? Last time I checked nina's stat is pretty mediocre.

Nina has a decent speed, knockback, and is the only 6* under 20 deploy
cost with knockback. She is definitely on my want list. Plus I quite like
her art and attack animation.
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Pandalicious wrote:
This is true, but I doubt people care about the DC all that much. The only time when DC seems to play a role is during arena events or at the very beginning of breaking a person's defense when you have limited DC points. Even with the low DC, why even put her in arena? D speed blows and poison is pointless. I had Monica (who has D speed) in my team along with 2 Charles, Reinhard, and Sleipner...when you get to upper ranks, Monica 90% of the time didn't even get to attack because she would get slowed and knocked back. Totally useless. I replaced her with Lily at C speed an noticed an immediate difference.

In terms of stats, she's basically a Succubus (U) with boobs. Similar total stats, same speed, same range. Succubus' stat distribution is actually more useful than Isis since Succubus is more heavy on ground and air attack. Someone is selling Succubus in the trading center for only 180 TE pure right now...that extra 15 DC difference between Isis and Succubus does not justify a price premium of 250 TE more for Isis. Isis is still fairly new and there's not too many of her out there...her price can only go down so if you're going to sell/trade, I would say do it quickly.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 pm

I just found an Isis being sold for 320te MAX in the following trade thread:

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3269-s-t-cheap-5s-6s-eurydike-included
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Soggytoaster wrote:
I just found an Isis being sold for 320te MAX in the following trade thread:

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3269-s-t-cheap-5s-6s-eurydike-included
Ahh...that was actually the thread I was talking about. Yeah...Isis premium is 140 TE more in that very thread. Doesn't make much sense from a stats standpoint...but then again, since when did the game economy ever make sense? If you really want a good value for a poison magic unit, Dorothea is the way to go. She attacks slower than Succubus and Isis though.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Pandalicious wrote:

BkWiz wrote:
Archer DPS

This is NOT a valuation guide and should not be used as one.

Land : Nanaca | Vampiress | Anastasia | Saki | Dana | Minerva | Nina | Oktavia | Abel | Seth | Hippolyte | Reve | Zhao Yun | C.Debbie | Alexander

Air : Oktavia | Vampiress | Nina | Dana | Seth | Saki | Minerva | Nanaca | Hippolyte | Anastasia | Reve | Abel | C.Debbie | Alexander | Zhao Yun

Sea : Oktavia | Dana | Nanaca | Minerva | Nina | Vampiress | Hippolyte | Saki | Anastasia | Zhao Yun | Abel | Seth | Reve | Alexander | C.Debbie

Total Stats : Oktavia | Dana | Vampiress | Nanaca | Nina | Minerva | Saki | Anastasia | Hippolyte | Seth | Abel | Reve | Zhao Yun | C.Debbie | Alexander

Nina is 7th highest ranged DPS vs land, 3rd vs air, and 5th vs sea. Overall 5th. At 15DC. With Knockback

Not exactly fitting *my* definition of Mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Pandalicious

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:11 pm

I called her stats mediocre, not her stat/dc, if you understood what I was saying. No one wants nina as a lead when there are other missiles better at it.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 4:40 pm

And again, overall 5th, 3rd vs air, (and knockback) isn't mediocre. Of non LE units, only Dana and Nanaca are better.

edit: And yes, in SH, Nina was an in-demand lead, as one of the 4*'s (Mary) was an air unit weak to ranged, where the only units that beat her in that regard are Octavia and Vamp, both of which are LE and not terribly common. (though Octavia much less so now)
Back to top Go down
Bijyu

Bijyu

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 5:22 pm

I just traded my mata and doro for Isis and feel it was a fair trade. Yeah doro does more damage but I have better 25-30 deploy cost cards. And she is extremely common. Eventually though I bet doro and Isis will be worth the same pure te. But that is a few months out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is so good about Isis   What is so good about Isis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is so good about Isis
Page 1 of 1