Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

improving the "premium mega boxes"

Go down 
+11
myad
GnatB
Mechanizm
Cam
aszutai
clocksprocket
predator852
nosnhojnivek
gaillardia
lmnseason
Kafiee
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Kafiee

Kafiee

improving the "premium mega boxes" Empty
PostSubject: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:12 am

I've posted a suggestion on the "mobage feedback forum" in regards to the premium mega boxes.
I knw there's quite a few up there alrdy but i came up with this idea a few months ago and have finally gotten around to posting it.

I'm hoping you will all take the time to read/comment/vote on it.

http://feedback.mobage.com/forums/175631-fantasica/suggestions/3634639-please-improve-the-awful-premium-mega-boxes-

I'm trying to get more votes so that mobage will READ my suggestion and give me a reply.

Maybe when i get enough votes they'll actually do something about it.

------------

The idea has been archived and is no longer viewable by the public

-----------
But thanks again for reading and replying =)

Last edited by Kafiee on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:58 am

Kafiee wrote:
I've posted a suggestion on the "mobage feedback forum" in regards to the premium mega boxes.
I knw there's quite a few up there alrdy but i came up with this idea a few months ago and have finally gotten around to posting it.

I'm hoping you will all take the time to read/comment/vote on it.

http://feedback.mobage.com/forums/175631-fantasica/suggestions/3634639-please-improve-the-awful-premium-mega-boxes-

I'm trying to get more votes so that mobage will READ my suggestion and give me a reply.

Maybe when i get enough votes they'll actually do something about it.

Some people spend over $500 a month towards the game and rarely get a 6*.
Back to top Go down
gaillardia
☆☆☆
gaillardia

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:45 am

I voted =]
even though i've never bought anything in the game before but planning to if sun and moon comes over
Back to top Go down
Kafiee

Kafiee

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:20 am

firstly, thanks for the replies ^^
I haven't had a chance to discuss this topic and I wanted to hear the opinions of other players

To lmnseason: yes I'm aware there are people who spend hundreds or thousands on this game in a month but how many people have that kind of disposable income?
Lots of people are unsatisfied with what they get for the amount they are charged.. many of the posts are just aggressive and not many suggest ways to improve the game while still maintaining the HUGE amount of profit that mobage is probably making off us right now. Since I doubt they'd do it if it meant a decrease in profits

To gaillardia: thanks! So many people feel ripped off and I just want mobage to at least attempt to keep their paying customers happy.

--------------------
Back to top Go down
nosnhojnivek

nosnhojnivek

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Voted, Fully support. I've spent more money then i ever should have attempting and hoping to gain better, rarer cards, only to be continually disappointed. Especially when they ran their 3x as likely to pull a new card promotion, i felt entirely ripped off.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:42 am

This is 95% of the reason I've moved onto different games. At first I was like "yeah well people gotta make money" but it just gets harder and harder to ignore all the $60 Xbox games, free mobile games, old PSP games (I've owned a PSP ever since they first came out, but not until the Vita Release did I dust mine off and start playing it, there are some GEMS in its library) DS and PC games (Prettymuch Spore and UR) that are sitting right at my fingers, offering more fun for less income.

As much as it pains me, I'm convinced that SS is not willing to change for my enjoyment, so I seek (and find) enjoyment elsewhere.

Eventually, Fanta will die. It's not Blood Brothers, who (from what I've seen) offers engaging gameplay for less of a cost, or D.O.T., who extends events at the request of their players, always offers gift when they have a problem, very rarely are down for maint, charge way less, and can very easily be a boatload of fun for a free player. Fanta has a fatal case of Egotism, and sooner or later everyone will say enough is enough and move on...
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:57 am

I've spent $380 and only ever got a 5*. Laughing

I went on a streak of downloading very similar type games recently (BB, Hellfire, D.O.T. etc) and tried them out as a newbie.

One thing I've noticed that is very different from fanta is that most of them offer at least the Fantasica version of a 5* for buying, say, a $30 pack. Obviously all of them have different ways to evolve them, different uses, different marketplaces (or rather lack of trading) but they do make you at least feel like you're getting something in each purchase.

So nowadays while I still have that urge to try my luck for a 6* or whatever, I remind myself I could throw that $30 at a different game and get way more out of it. :\
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Pretty much stopped spending money after the Soul Hunters event. Like everyone said, this is a fun game, but the amount of money one needs to spend to get anything worth while if you're spending money is pretty discouraging.

Especially when that money can be spent else where to get much more entertainment out of it. Just playing the game for free now, much easier and I don't have to lose any sleep over it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:50 pm

I've had the exact same idea for a while!
-Have two different % chances for a 5* and a 6*
-Each % chance goes up after you buy a pack.
-When you get a 5* your chances for another 5* resets, but your chances for a 6* still go up until you pull a 6*

or

-Every x amount of packs pulls a 5* guaranteed
-Every x + y amount of packs pulls a 6* guaranteed
[Each pack of course still has a low chance of pulling a rare]

I think either one of these would improve the system. Personally I like the first because it completely maintains the gambling aspect. However, I really doubt they will make a change.
Back to top Go down
Mechanizm

Mechanizm

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Yeah... same here.

I remember Ive played WOW about 3-4 years ago. Even there for 20-40 bucks investment you got a good amount of gold in game which you may spend on auction for a worthy item/ items.
I bet there are a lot more fun games out there nowadays where you may spend those money and get a better satisfaction than here.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Mechanizm wrote:
Yeah... same here.

I remember Ive played WOW about 3-4 years ago. Even there for 20-40 bucks investment you got a good amount of gold in game...

I don't believe there is *any* legitimate way to buy in-game gold with money...
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm

Actually, I thought all mobage games are similarly priced... meaning they are expensive.

Also... I do wonder if this is some sort of gambling. In real tcg like magic: the gathering, each booster pack is guaranteed to come with 1 rare/ gold card. But just no guarantee of which. That would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Mechanizm

Mechanizm

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:43 pm

GnatB wrote:
Mechanizm wrote:
Yeah... same here.

I remember Ive played WOW about 3-4 years ago. Even there for 20-40 bucks investment you got a good amount of gold in game...

if its not official - doesnt mean not legit. They (blizzard) arent announcing that they gonna ban those people who do money "things". So its okayish i think. When I played it back in the days I remember finding the whole companies with their own websites that were doing lvling, getting rare items for money, all kind of things you want to do with your char they were able to do, also you name time frames, and you may buy in-game gold for real money from them. A lot people were making money like that using legal software to farm heroes and getting tons of gold and items they need. Dont know the situation now.

Sorry for offtopic.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Voted , they really need to improve this.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Mechanizm wrote:
GnatB wrote:
Mechanizm wrote:
Yeah... same here.

if its not official - doesnt mean not legit. They (blizzard) arent announcing that they gonna ban those people who do money "things". So its okayish i think. When I played it back in the days I remember finding the whole companies with their own websites that were doing lvling, getting rare items for money, all kind of things you want to do with your char they were able to do, also you name time frames, and you may buy in-game gold for real money from them. A lot people were making money like that using legal software to farm heroes and getting tons of gold and items they need. Dont know the situation now.

Sorry for offtopic.

Same thing happened with D2. Because in Diablo the Ladder could easily be topped with nonstop grinding with Items that were not the best, I personally didn't care if there were companies selling farmed items. I guess if I were big on PVP I would have been a little angry, but if that were the case I could just go to the websites and buy my own items.

That being said, the bots were annoying^A billion. I didn't need a player juming in my game and filling the screen with a wall of advertisements.

Blizz turned on the warden and baneed thousands of accounts in hours. Because they have that type of power at their disposal, but dont have it on indefinitly, I figured they turned a blind eye because like I said, there really was no compitition anyway, everyone played for fun.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Mechanizm wrote:

Sorry for offtopic.

Uhm, they announce they're banning and they do ban for it. Pretty much every MMO does. Doesn't stop the sellers all that much because they'll just create a new account... the buyers on the other hand? Tough luck. Shouldn't buy.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:12 pm

myad wrote:
Actually, I thought all mobage games are similarly priced... meaning they are expensive.

Also... I do wonder if this is some sort of gambling. In real tcg like magic: the gathering, each booster pack is guaranteed to come with 1 rare/ gold card. But just no guarantee of which. That would be nice.
Expensive, yes, but what you just mentioned with MTG is exactly what I mentioned in an earlier post -- some games will guarantee at least one rare (think fantasica 5* or so) when you buy, say, $30 worth of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kafiee

Kafiee

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:41 am

Thanks for the replies everyone . I just enjoy this game too much so I'm hoping they'll try to improve this since they'll end up benefiting from happy customers (good rep and more money)
Back to top Go down
VitaeMortifer
☆☆
VitaeMortifer

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:10 am

Honestly guys, if you want mobage to improve the premium boxes, then stop buying so many of them, lol.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 am

And that's what it comes down to -- SS never will. Their prices are geared towards "whales" -- those spenders who spend hundreds, thousands of dollars. Just because the average joe is unhappy spending $30 or even $500 and not getting anything doesn't mean much when they still have competitive, rich players who don't mind spending thousands to get what they want.
Back to top Go down
VitaeMortifer
☆☆
VitaeMortifer

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:51 pm

While I do agree that a LOT of their income comes from the big spenders, I think that (and no offense intended towards anyone here) that's underestimating the windfall they gain from a lot of spenders like many in this thread, lol. What I mean by that is I've seen a LOT of posts from people (not just in this thread) who have bought $100-$500 of premium boxes only to get nothing. While you can make the argument that most of those people snap out of it eventually and stop buying so much, the fact remains that they've still plopped down magnitudes more on Fantasica than on a full priced retail release... And I highly doubt the servers and content for Fantasica are really that expensive to maintain and create.

As for everyone who genuinely thinks that Mobage would earn more from them guaranteeing a 5* in the 30$ box, or increasing the odds of a 6*... While on an ethical level as a consumer I'd love for that to happen... I don't actually agree it'd benefit them. By guaranteeing the units, the value of them would drop considerably (ironically a lot of people are already complaining that the prices of 5/6* have plummeted)... Not only would this cause the spenders to quickly amass their high rarity units, but it causes a trickle down effect - if $30 boxes guaranteed a 5* you can rest assured you'd find an economic where a maxed 4* is worth more than a low end fresh 5*.

Honestly, as a completely free player, I've managed to earn over 25 TE pure and a handful of pots alongside 5 maxed 4*s over the course of a month. If this event goes well for me, I'm going to be earning another ~7 TE and ~7 pots as well. This puts me in position to very easily gain a good 5*, or 2 lower end ones. Mind you, this is from semi-casual playing... And I know of people who have actually gained way more playing for free in less time.

The current system definitely doesn't feel good, but it works. If you truly want to see change, the only way is to vote with your wallet.
Back to top Go down
VitaeMortifer
☆☆
VitaeMortifer

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Addendum - sorry for the double post...

I honestly think the worst offense this game pulls is the offering of event items for premium boxes. Well - let me reiterate, I'm perfectly fine with them offering SSL during recruitment or something like that, but most of the even items are crucial in order to secure the highest ranks.

While I'm sure this gains them a ton of money, that is really how the game really becomes pay to win. While a team of 6* units is very very useful for a lot of events, you can, eventually with perseverance and smart trading, get 6*s playing for free. You cannot however gain a ton of aura spikes for free... Which will ultimately give you the top ranks.

I think a good compromise on that front would be for Mobage to offer items that only give you the currency towards earning the personal rewards (soul shards in vengeance I think it was) but don't give you anything towards a higher ranking.
Back to top Go down
M60A1
☆☆
M60A1

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:52 am

I'm just afraid if they do make changes that guarantees a 5* or 6*,
I'm wondering what will happen to the people (like me..) that are investing
On maxing their 5* or 6*, and trying to make a profit out of it?
Seems like he market would go down even more and Players will lose
the time, effort, and TE's/POT's spent on maximizing their
Rare card.

I suggest only raising the chances of getting a 5*.
OR
Lowering the prices of the the boxes. ( More in favor of this one )

Either way, it's also unfair to those people who did spend hundreds of
Dollars, to get a 5* or 6*, and then having to raise the chances of
Getting a 5* or 6* for everybody.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:03 am

We've already kind have seen what happens when they make 6☆ units more acquirable...remember Step Up Packs Season 2 with 10x the chance to draw a 6☆ unit on the final step? The market got flooded with cards and 6☆ unit values dropped like crazy as huge cash shoppers tried to dump duplicate rare cards for TE.

What makes 6☆ units coveted is their extreme rarity. To make them more freely available destroys their value. I personally wouldn't even buy packs. All of my 6☆ units were bought with pure TE. Why drop $30 on a Mega Box for a VERY LOW chance at a RANDOM 6☆ unit? Just buy 30 TE from the shop instead...you could easily purchase a guaranteed 5☆ unit at that price. Or drop some money into the game to buy TE and look for great bargains...buy low, sell high and when you save enough TE, purchase your 6☆ unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: improving the "premium mega boxes"   improving the "premium mega boxes" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

improving the "premium mega boxes"
Page 1 of 1