Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"

Go down 
+6
BkWiz
xtaroux
rotarywhiz
Onisunit
predator852
itsukiya
10 posters
AuthorMessage
itsukiya
☆☆
itsukiya

On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" Empty
PostSubject: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Just a heads-up to everyone on the forums.
Today, someone was able to scam a myriad of 6*'s at once -claimed that he/she had been hacked.
Allies sent their cards to help out, the scammer ran off with them, and de-allied everyone.

A warning to all: Yes, it is good to help out your allies, but please, nobody fall for this ever again.

Why is it not a plausible ploy?

Because if someone is hacked, he/she will not be able to trade.
If a hacker truly took someone's cards, the hacker would have to register the device on another one.
Meaning that the original device is no longer registered.
Thus, unless the victim had a new/non-fantasica-corrupted phone or other device on which the game is playable handy, the victim would no longer
be able to trade.
So, if you are able to send your cards, it is clearly a trap.
That person has not been hacked and has an ulterior motive.
Please take care in the future and if anyone sees someone pulling this, prevent it from happening.

Last edited by itsukiya on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 pm

I edited out the scammer ID and such.

Nice advice, but lets not use names.
Back to top Go down
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆
Onisunit

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:26 am

I've been hacked, y'all...please send all your 6*. Cool
Back to top Go down
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆
rotarywhiz

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:24 am

Hummm many things about this post confuses me.
First off why would someone send a 6* card to someone as help, wouldn't a 4* or 5* be enough?
Why would you send cards to someone that was claiming to be hacked in the first place? My thought process on that is if they were hacked once then they can be hacked again and this time not only lose their cards but yours as well.
and lastly why would anyone send a 6* to someone with no collateral expecting to get the card back?
Back to top Go down
xtaroux
☆☆☆☆☆
xtaroux

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Onisunit wrote:
I've been hacked, y'all...please send all your 6*. Cool
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 am

predator852 wrote:

Just an FYI, this has already been proven. The scammer really did scam people. Been confirmed by several different sources and screenshots can be given if necessary by various people.

So technically it's not against the TOS to post names/IDs.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:31 am

I got hacked. Pls give me a 7* to catch up.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 am

lmnseason wrote:

Sent.

What, you didn't get it? Now you're just lieing so you can keep it. SCAMMER! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 am

I had an ally that did something similar: Claimed someone scammed him so he could get some cards from allies.
Some time later he said he had done some terrible trades, "so please help me with some cards".

After some time, he started changing to 5* leaders to fool people into thinking he only had 5*s for trade so he could get even more 6*s using the "scammed, only have bad cards to trade because of that"
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:46 pm

GnatB wrote:
lmnseason wrote:

Sent.

What, you didn't get it? Now you're just lieing so you can keep it. SCAMMER! Very Happy

You're the scammer. You're supposed to give me a 7* but you didn't. You owe me a 7*.

Give me my 7* >:O
Back to top Go down
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆
Onisunit

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:56 pm

lmnseason wrote:
GnatB wrote:
lmnseason wrote:

Sent.

You're the scammer. You're supposed to give me a 7* but you didn't. You owe me a 7*.

Give me my 7* >:O
Not even funny anymore...NEED MY STUFF BACK BRO! REPORTING NOW IF YOU DON'T!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:14 pm

All banned for hacking and scamming.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:27 pm

Someone got banned for hacking a scammer then the one who banned someone got hacked to unban the hacker and the hacker got scammed to return the stolen item.

Which of them didn't get hacked?
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 6:01 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Someone got banned for hacking a scammer then the one who banned someone got hacked to unban the hacker and the hacker got scammed to return the stolen item.

Which of them didn't get hacked?

the person who hacked to unhack....
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 6:05 pm

BkWiz wrote:
predator852 wrote:

Just an FYI, this has already been proven. The scammer really did scam people. Been confirmed by several different sources and screenshots can be given if necessary by various people.

So technically it's not against the TOS to post names/IDs.

Thanks, I tend to be a little harsh on everyone when conversations about scamming make their way to my neck of the woods, and I apologize for that. I just have no empathy for the victims.

That being said, I don't keep up on who-tricked-who and whether it's been proven or not, so I just assume all of it is rumors. So if people posted the names/ID with proof (Don't ask me what proof is, because I havent the first clue. I just know KIK screenshots are not proof) I wouldn't remove them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"   On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On The Latest Mass Scam: "I Got Hacked"
Page 1 of 1