Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

4* feeders should be sold at level 38

Go down 
+37
corroded
loniguseze
Lornoth
Esofonic
Ysellian
tradingeuro
Nykidxxx
Kaluden
skrfirefly
Movarus
Lolli
saphion
Soulstalker
tomoyo
HeavyMettle
aszutai
niseng
masta518
SawamuraX
wowyogurt
SonicAria
Kadaan
sharpyzu
KuroStar
Kimika9394
Yoruichi
lmnseason
ATB
veritable
Cam
Despoted
Sabin76
nathantmorin
Soggytoaster
bleachcosplay
VitaeMortifer
Colaleon
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
veritable

veritable

4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:50 am

Colaleon wrote:
I don't intend to change the title (or contents) of this topic from "level 38" to "level 39" or "level 40", because that's not supported by the math. I can see how it might become more appealing to buyers that way, but the fact is that the deal becomes less fair to the seller that way.

That doesn't mean I don't support you guys selling them at those levels of course. In the past - when you were trying to sell MAX feeders, the only way you could 'sweeten' the deal in order to attract more buyers was to offer discounts. Now, by selling halfMAX feeders, you have the option of leveling your feeders up just a bit more instead of having to lower your prices. I think this is a very welcome development for the sellers, so by all means keep doing what you're doing!

The only thing I wish you wouldn't do is call a level 40 4* unit a "halfMAX 4*", because technically a halfMAX 4* feeder is level 39 (sacrificing a level 39 grants exactly 50% the amount of XP that a level 80 would grant). People wanting to level a 4* to level 80 might even consider level 58 to be the proper level to call "halfMAX", because that's the level a 4* is at when it has gained exactly half the XP needed to reach level 80.

When I say halfMAX, I refer to the level being half of a maxed 4*. When players see "halfMAX" , the first thing they probably think about is the 4* level being half of 80. It's a nice selling point to mention that two halfMAX 4*s grant you more exp than a max4*... and for less te. It's the basic sales pitch. And it seems to be working.

No disrespect to the original mathematical formula you discovered. On the contrary, I believe this method of marketing honors your research. It's nice reading this thread from beginning to end and watching how it evolves. It's a great example of lab-to-consumer productivity using crowd sourcing along the way to refine the idea. ;^)
Back to top Go down
HeavyMettle
☆☆
HeavyMettle

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:17 am

Just thought you guys should know, I saw some people selling lvl 40 4* on the top player pages. It is getting air time.
Back to top Go down
HeavyMettle
☆☆
HeavyMettle

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:39 am

VitaeMortifer wrote:
HeavyMettle wrote:
I can't help but feel that Mobage is hurting the in game economy on purpose. They saw that in all of their games the items were becoming currency so they changed rewarded items in events to untradeable to force players to spend money with Mobage in order to obtain tradeable versions.

This meant a serious deficiency for the in game market (which was now getting considerably less te/pots) and prices had to drop to adjust for it.

When I made my account about a month ago I went through all of the opening hoops and by the end of the first week I have about 20te but only 11 or less I could trade.

As players use up existing te to spam and win events the market is losing more te than it is gaining and it is going to keep getting worse. Not only that but unlike other Mobage card games the packs in this one are absurdly expensive.

Rage of Bahamut (this is not promoting Rage, which is VERY similar to this game it is simply a comparison) offers more in game items and bonuses in a single card pack for only $1 during events. You get next to nothing in Fantasica for $15. I bought four $30 and I didn't get a single 5* or 6* and I got more 3* cards than 4* ones.

It is one big money game and as long as people are giving mobage money they could care less what they do to the player constructed economy in game.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with you on this...

Honestly - for the $120 you spent on those 4 packs, you could have bought 120 TE in the in-game shop, which would easily grant you a team of 5*s, or a very high end 5* (like WWU) or even a low end 6*. Not to be offensive, but it's actually fairly easy to gain 5* units without spending any money whatseover if you're willing to put in the time to grind.

In this current event I am going to most likely be earning 12 non-personal time elixirs and 11 non-personal potions, and 3 maiden tickets which will guarantee at least 4*s... This is of course assuming I get to grind as much as I am hoping to. Mind you - this is all without spending a dime on the game, and without ranking at all.

It's hard for me to really agree that Mobage is a big bad evil company when I see so many people throwing their money at them for premium boxes when it has been very well documented that they're extremely unlikely to get a 6* let alone a 5.

When did I call them evil? I am stating the obvious. They are after money and they are devising plenty of ways to get it. Also it wouldn't make sense (especially to a new player) to spend $120 on time elixirs.

They put a lot into advertising the card packs as the way to luck out on some nice cards. Not to mention that a 5* card does not carry you very far in any event. I have three maxed 5* cards and several 6* allies and I could not do inferno because I did not have 6* areas or upper tier cards.

This event is giving WAY more te than the last three but the problem is that the teams are completely random. My team leader is a level 19 Orlando who hasn't logged back on since he made the group. The points are essentially me and one other teammate and I don't know about him but I have a job so I can't just sit and grind for a week to earn 10te.

I already stated that you can earn te through playing, my point is that it is so excruciatingly slow that you are likely to never get what you are after. The average 6* (of competent ability) is 300+te. Let's just say it is 350.

If this event gives you 15 te in a week and let's say an event happens every other week, that is over 40 weeks of you grinding to save up for a single 6* card and that is after all cards have depreciated value over the last few weeks/months. Ignat has gone from roughly 60te to 20.

Not to mention the fact that if you saved up purely for that 6* you are going to have to hold off on buying any cards to help you along the way and just hope that a decent 4* card is given to you by an event so you can do half of each event. Good luck getting the full 15te with a 4*.

The only way to get the upper tier is months (a half dozen or more) of grinding (probably with no real life job to slow you down), pure luck on draws or spend cash. Mobage is doing everything it can to make you choose the last option. That isn't evil, it's shrewd business.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:01 am

I have had success with level 40 4* feeders on the top player pages as well as the rare card report pages. I have sold 8 so far but cannot get them to sell at 3 te each. 13 or 14 te for a set seems to work well.
Back to top Go down
Soulstalker

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:07 am

Has anyone checked how much XP is really gained from eating a level 38/39/40 feeder?

I've been advertising that two 4* Lv40 feeders will give more XP than 1 maxed 4*, but I wouldn't want to be labelled a scammer if that statement isn't true.
Back to top Go down
saphion

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:09 am

I dont think level 38 4* feeders can be sold at 3TE. The reason is because that you can buy 3* level 10 feeder sets at 1 TE each and 3* fresh sets at 450k and 1* feeder set at 20k

Total cost to make a 3* level 10 feeder set is 5 3* feeder cards and 85 1* feeder cards
which is a total of 500k+340k = 940k luna for the said cards

With this in mind, 1 TE can be sold for 2mil-2.5mil at the current market price so 1TE can actually buy you AT LEAST 2 sets of 3* level 10 feeders if u are patient enough to collect the trades or 1 set of level 10 3* feeders if u are doing it directly.

3 TE means 3-6 sets of 3* level 10 feeders depending on how you trade and i am sure that those cards give more than a single level 40 4* feeder... just sayin Smile

Personally my price for buying or selling for 4* feeders base on levels rounded down to make the nearest mark are:
<25 = 0 TE( dont trade them)
25 = 1TE
40 = 2 TE
50 = 3 TE
60 = 4 TE
70 = 5 TE
75 = 6 TE
80 = 7 TE

According to my price list a lv 40 4* feeder is 2 TE to me. any higher and i will rather spend it on 3* level 10 feeds which i can buy using luna ._.
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:22 am

1 level 38 4* feeder grants exactly the same amount of XP as 1 set of 3* level 10 feeders. So yes, if you can get a set of 3* level 10 feeders for less than 3 TE, that's the better deal. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that it's better to sell 4* feeders at level 38 than it is to sell them at level 80. It simply means that players shouldn't buy 4* feeders in the first place.

By the way, I think players who sell a set of level 10 3* feeders for only 1 TE don't realize what a bargain that is. They should really double their prices.
Back to top Go down
saphion

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:34 am

What i meant is the price float, in competitive forces theory when something is too expensive you go for a cheaper alternative, that is what i meant.

Quote :
1 level 38 4* feeder grants exactly the same amount of XP as 1 set of 3* level 10 feeders.

Yes that is exactly why i quoted the price of 2 TE, and 2TE equivalent to a set of 3* lv 10 feeder whose price has been doubled by you, as of now i can buy 2 sets of 3* lv 10 feeders with 2 TE, hence my pricing is not wrong

It is better to sell them at lv 38 i can complete agree with the cost economics, just dont see why the price is 3TE instead of 2TE

Quote :
It simply means that players shouldn't buy 4* feeders in the first place.
if the prices are competitive enough to match 3* lvl 10 feeder sets i dont see why not
Back to top Go down
Colaleon
☆☆☆
Colaleon

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:07 am

saphion wrote:
Quote :
It simply means that players shouldn't buy 4* feeders in the first place.
if the prices are competitive enough to match 3* lvl 10 feeder sets i dont see why not
They're not. 1 MAX 4* feeder grants roughly the same XP as 2 sets of 3* feeders. If you can buy 1 set of 3* feeders for 1 TE, then a competitive price for a MAX 4* feeder would be 2 TE.

The only advantage that 4* feeders have over 3* feeders is that players can enhance a lvl 1 6* unit to lvl 120 in one go, thereby saving a lot of luna. It would take 140 lvl 10 3* feeders to do the same; that's impossible to do in 1 go as players can only have 74 slots available to store their feeders in. They would have to divide it into 2 batches. Their 6* unit would be enhanced to approximately level 93 after the first batch. I don't know the formula for calculating unit price, but I estimate the second batch would cost 9,000 luna per feeder. That means a 2nd batch of 70 feeders to enhance the level 93 6* to level 120 would cost something around the region of 630,000 luna. I honestly don't think anyone who's played long enough to have obtained a 6* unit is going to worry about 630k luna, so that would make the only advantage that 4*s have over 3* kinda meaningless.

Long story short: 4* feeders will never be competitive to 3* feeders.
Back to top Go down
Lolli
☆☆
Lolli

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 5:17 am

Long story short: There's such a shortage of TE in the market at this moment of writing that feeders aren't really selling for TE Sad
Back to top Go down
ATB
☆☆☆
ATB

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:18 am

Wow I am glad I take them to 40.
People won't really take level 38 4* feeders anyway.
Next question how many 3* lvl 10 feeders would be needed to match a lvl 40 4* feeder
Back to top Go down
tomoyo
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 am

5 lv10 3* feeders will give less than 1000 exp less than 1 lv40 4*

5 lv10 3* + half of a lv10 2* = ~1 lv40 4*

I have many offers, most asking for 2TE per lv40 feeder. I'm trying 2.5TE each recently, not much success yet.
Back to top Go down
Movarus
☆☆
Movarus

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:39 pm

If you catch people right after an event where there have been a lot of 6*'s given out you will sell a lot more. I never bought feeders until I picked up my first 6* reward. For some reason I just had to max it as fast as possible.

Edit - By "a lot" I mean more than just the top few ranks. The last SH event had 50+ people netting an Aragon.
Back to top Go down
saphion

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Personally i dont see what is the issue with luna, there is abundant luna in the game, so much that 1 TE can be traded for over 2mil and a pot for over 1mil. Out of luna? sell a pot/TE and you are a millionaire again(in game only of course)

I do not use 4* feeders and only max them and sell them as there is demand for it. If you put TE into monetary value, 1TE = 100 mobacoins = *convert it to your currency* a max 4* is 700 mobacoins which isnt exactly cheap for a feeder. I have totally no idea why the price of a max 4* feeder is 7TE, when you can buy 7 sets of 3* feeders with 7TE or maybe more if you are lucky Wink
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:46 pm

I have sold 8 level 40 4* feeders in 3 days. It is really easy to get buyers if you
post on the rare card reports and top ranking player walls. Advertise and thou
shall receive te! Best deal I had was 13 te + 1 pot for 5 level 40 4* feeders.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 8:58 pm

saphion wrote:
I dont think level 38 4* feeders can be sold at 3TE. The reason is because that you can buy 3* level 10 feeder sets at 1 TE each and 3* fresh sets at 450k and 1* feeder set at 20k

Total cost to make a 3* level 10 feeder set is 5 3* feeder cards and 85 1* feeder cards
which is a total of 500k+340k = 940k luna for the said cards

With this in mind, 1 TE can be sold for 2mil-2.5mil at the current market price so 1TE can actually buy you AT LEAST 2 sets of 3* level 10 feeders if u are patient enough to collect the trades or 1 set of level 10 3* feeders if u are doing it directly.

3 TE means 3-6 sets of 3* level 10 feeders depending on how you trade and i am sure that those cards give more than a single level 40 4* feeder... just sayin Smile

Personally my price for buying or selling for 4* feeders base on levels rounded down to make the nearest mark are:
<25 = 0 TE( dont trade them)
25 = 1TE
40 = 2 TE
50 = 3 TE
60 = 4 TE
70 = 5 TE
75 = 6 TE
80 = 7 TE

According to my price list a lv 40 4* feeder is 2 TE to me. any higher and i will rather spend it on 3* level 10 feeds which i can buy using luna ._.

I posted about this once already in this thread.
What I came to realise is that although you can buy level 10 3* feeders for cheaper,
you need a hell of a lot of them (142 to be exact) to almost max a 6*. You only need
27 level 40 4* feeders to almost max a 6*. It is MUCH easier to get your hands on
27 level 40 4* feeders compared to 142 level 10 3* feeders. It also costs a HEAP more
luna to max a 6* using level 10 3* feeders due to the amount of them and the need
for two separate feeding sessions.

Conclusion: People pay more for level 40 4* feeders because they are an easier option
when trying to max a 6*.
Back to top Go down
ATB
☆☆☆
ATB

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Soggytoaster wrote:
I have sold 8 level 40 4* feeders in 3 days. It is really easy to get buyers if you

I sold over 10 this week.
Best deal was 15te 1 pot and 10000 luna.
I actually have people coming back to me hours later asking if I have some so people are catching on.
I like this method, more te, less time on 1 card, and its hella fun.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:04 pm

ATB wrote:
Soggytoaster wrote:

I sold over 10 this week.
Best deal was 15te 1 pot and 10000 luna.
I actually have people coming back to me hours later asking if I have some so people are catching on.
I like this method, more te, less time on 1 card, and its hella fun.

Very awesome ATB Smile
I like this method too. No more grinding the later levels after 40.
Back to top Go down
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Just a quick question,

Do you guys use 2 Like a Star @ heaven or 1 Like a Star @ heaven to level your 4 Like a Star @ heaven Feeders?
If so using 2 stars bears how many does it take to level Fresh 4 Like a Star @ heaven to lvl 40?

I had tried 10 (lv10) bear to fresh 4 Like a Star @ heaven and gotten lvl 27 and 16 bears to lvl 34.
Back to top Go down
tomoyo
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:36 pm

^
I quest and get them to level 30, then its exactly 20 lv4 bears (with 10% exp boost) to lv40.

I guess its about 23-24 lv10 bears for lv1 to lv40 then. 1 lv10 bear gives about twice as much exp as 1 lv4 bear.

Either way, don't use 1* on your 4*, feed the 1* to bears or yakovs first.
Back to top Go down
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm

tomoyo wrote:
^
I quest and get them to level 30, then its exactly 20 lv4 bears (with 10% exp boost) to lv40.

I guess its about 23-24 lv10 bears for lv1 to lv40 then. 1 lv10 bear gives about twice as much exp as 1 lv4 bear.

Either way, don't use 1* on your 4*, feed the 1* to bears or yakovs first.

Thanks for the information will try it out when I'm awake later its 3.14am here currently,

Thank you!! drunken
Back to top Go down
ATB
☆☆☆
ATB

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 am

Looks like word is slowly starting to spread I find it easier to find buyers these day?
Also seen people selling lvl 40 4* daily now.
Back to top Go down
Kaluden

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:26 pm

I just started doing this. I like only getting the to 40 because later level grinding was obnoxious. However I have not mastered marketing in this game and am having troubles finding buyers.
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Post regularly on the latest rare card report walls.
You get more buyers when you sell them in sets compared to
single cards. Patience is the key to making a sale. Just keep
advertising and you will get a bite Smile
Back to top Go down
Nykidxxx
☆☆
Nykidxxx

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Read through this whole thread while grinding for matahari lol

Its very nice and comprehensive, good discussion in the following posts. Anyone with questions should really look back a couple of posts because the answers are almost all there!

As for whether to use 3* or 4* card to enhance. We know the 3* is more exp/price efficient, however I think we should also add in these factors.

-Trading with someone 28 times to get 140 3*, clearing 70 spaces in inventory to upgrade, then withdrawing form inbox and repeating is extremely time consuming, players who actually buy feeders are spending money to avoid wasting time.

-If you are buying 3* feeders, it would be considerably difficult to find people who sell masses of 3* since most of your allies would be high levels to help in you events and not care about making feeders.

-I recently bought 70 fresh 4* at 5 for 2 te from a guy who got 370 of them from opening too many boxes. 4* cards are being advertised on every single page, there is a massive influx, the price of a 4* card is at almost 3 for 1te due to overflow.

Time, energy, availability, ease of access are all external factors that can affect any solid mathematical calculation.
Supply and demand, the psychology of a buyer and a seller, many things factor in this and thats the reason why a set of 3* is harder to sell than a single 4*, same reason why lv 40 4*s are harder to sell than lv 80 4*. SAME REASON why lv 38/39 4* are harder to sell than a halfMAX 4*.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4* feeders should be sold at level 38   4* feeders should be sold at level 38 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4* feeders should be sold at level 38
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next