Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Anime Nerds...UNITE!

Go down 
+49
tacodeman
BayushiKira
Zerion
ninjastomp
GitD16
Maggot
ATB
dancingcrane
ElysianField
stragmagius
caos4u2
rygar
HighClassTopHat
Roatanhi
Junichirou
yvettevanderv
fang24601
The6thToe
Kimika9394
MazinKaiser21
Yoruichi
Cuny
[taeiou]
po1102
Fanta_Lover
Frission
LeviathanTM
Kirisute-Gomen
heartunderbiade
tomoyo
kyaaya
gaillardia
HoundR
themadmanazn
memphiskite
KeyBlade
Br4dford
tav1990
chris58jo
M60A1
darkhealz
TypeAlpha
predator852
aszutai
Xzaral
luvdapeace
ChibiLeen
NotAPieceOfPie
aubade888
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Would You Be Interested In A Weekly Anime Event (Check The First Post For Info)
Hellz Yes!
Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_vote_lcap89%Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 89% [ 24 ]
Nah, I'm too busy
Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
chris58jo

chris58jo

Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:48 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
=OO I got into looking at who did voice acting for random anime today. I found lots of cool stuff.

Mamoru Miyano: http://myanimelist.net/people/65/Mamoru_Miyano

He worked on Chihayafuru (Taichi), Eureka 7(Moondoggie), InuxBoku SS(Natsume!), Soul Eater (Death The Kid), Vampire Knight (Zero), Wolf's Rain (Kiba), Steins;gate (Okabe), Durardura(Kida), etc.

I just think it's fun to find out that Death the Kid is the same voice as Zero and Kiba XDD.

I'm pretty much out of the anime circuit at the moment, so I don't know many of the newest Seiyuu (I do know Mamoru Miyano from Wolf's Rain and Ouran High School Host Club, though). But I still love everything that has to do with voice acting, in anime, video games and movie/series dubs. It's one of my oddest hobbies, I'll admit, but I just love hunting down voices that I like. Sometimes, I will even watch/play something just because it has my favourite voice actors in it. xD It was the case with Saiyuki, for example. I just love Toshihiko Seki as Sanzo, and Akira Ishida is one of my top three favourites. <3

Notice> Akira Ishida is in Kamisama hajimemashita <3
Back to top Go down
Kirisute-Gomen

Kirisute-Gomen

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:28 pm

My Favorite anime:
K Project
Naruto Shippuuden
Air Gear
Gintama
Fairy Tale
D. Gray Man
BLOOD+
Soul Eater
Devil May Cry
Full Metal Panic!
....and more, just ask Smile

I love action anime haha
Back to top Go down
LeviathanTM

LeviathanTM

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:07 am

Not an anime nerd persay, but I do like the occasional one. heres a list of the ones im watching currently and on my fav list in no particular order

Evangelion
Katanagatari - just started watching
Soul Eater
I was a huge mecha fan for a while
I just started reading a mature manga the other day its prolly not allowed in here so I wont name it but its hilarious.

Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 pm

I haven't gotten many suggestions for next weeks anime viewing!!! You can also make discussion questions if you like.

Make sure to send me this form with your suggestion along with a picture:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Frission

Frission

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Haven't watched a lot of anime lately, but some of my favorites would have to be:

Juuni Kokki (The Twelve Kingdoms)-I've read the first two novels and seen probably the first twenty-ish episodes? Excellent art and story.
Wolf's Rain
Miyazaki films in general
Grave of the Fireflies- made me ball like a little child. Several times.
Noir
Akira
Ghost in the Shell and its sequel
Appleseed
Record of Lodoss War
Berserk
A Tree of Palme

There's others, but my mind went blank. ^^; Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, and the like come to mind, but it's been ages since I've seen those.
Back to top Go down
http://sketchedexistence.deviantart.com
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:46 am

I know there's a few Touhou fans here, just recently found this fan made anime for Perfect Cherry Blossom. Released in 2011, considering it's fan-made and completely free; I am beyond impressed by the quality of the video Shocked It's better than most professionally made anime with budgets several times greater!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l6P4eKWFTI

For those not familiar with Touhou, it's a vertical scrolling bullet hell game series created by one man with a persistent world. Well know for it's soundtrack and amazing amount of great fan made content available, almost like a sub-culture with in a sub-culture lol.

I don't really consider myself a fan of the game series, just really liked some of the stuff came out of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
Fanta_Lover
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Iv seen WAAAAY to many animes of all genras
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 am

Just a reminder, tomorrow is the last day to participate in this weeks anime viewing. Also it's the last day to send me your recommendation for next weeks anime. I only have one so far.
Back to top Go down
Fanta_Lover
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:02 am

Hmm idk what to say in this topic.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:07 pm

aszutai wrote:
I know there's a few Touhou fans here, just recently found this fan made anime for Perfect Cherry Blossom. Released in 2011, considering it's fan-made and completely free; I am beyond impressed by the quality of the video Shocked It's better than most professionally made anime with budgets several times greater!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l6P4eKWFTI

For those not familiar with Touhou, it's a vertical scrolling bullet hell game series created by one man with a persistent world. Well know for it's soundtrack and amazing amount of great fan made content available, almost like a sub-culture with in a sub-culture lol.

I don't really consider myself a fan of the game series, just really liked some of the stuff came out of it Very Happy

While I love the opening, shouldn't it be more suit for The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil?
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Yup, I totally agree with you Po; that throw me off too at first lol. It does include the other characters from other touhou releases as well though, just seem to be more focused on Scarlet Devil due to the few action scenes.

A long fight scene with Remilia vs Reimu & Marisa would of been awesome =w=
Back to top Go down
[taeiou]

[taeiou]

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:02 am

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Cuny
☆☆☆
Cuny

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 am

Heres my top 10:
1. Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
2. Great Teacher Onizuka (There is also a live action)
3. Katekyo Hitman Reborn
4. Death Note
5. Gundam Seed Destiny
6. Code Geass
7. Basilisk
8. Eyeshield 21
9. D Grayman
10. Sword art online
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 pm

aszutai wrote:
Yup, I totally agree with you Po; that throw me off too at first lol. It does include the other characters from other touhou releases as well though, just seem to be more focused on Scarlet Devil due to the few action scenes.

Not just the action scenes but the whole red mist blocking the sun totally hints toward Scarlet Devil as well.

And also, more Sakuya's action pls Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 pm

po1102 wrote:
aszutai wrote:

Not just the action scenes but the whole red mist blocking the sun totally hints toward Scarlet Devil as well.

And also, more Sakuya's action pls Very Happy

Actually I was confused by that scene with Sakuya for a while until I read up on her abilities, all those knife just seem to "pop" out of no where; but if you know what her skills are already, that scene is pretty badass XD
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 am

aszutai wrote:
Actually I was confused by that scene with Sakuya for a while until I read up on her abilities, all those knife just seem to "pop" out of no where; but if you know what her skills are already, that scene is pretty badass XD

Yep I love that scene!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:40 pm

po1102 wrote:

Spoiler:

That's news to me Shocked And it would totally make sense, have seen some debates about where she got all those knifes from. But just imagining that... Lol so funny...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:07 pm

aszutai wrote:
Spoiler:

Ain't it a common issue with all characters with that ability? xD

Anyway, Sakuya is definitely one of my fav Touhou girls, along with Youmu and Koishi <3

Wait a minute! Where is Koishi in that video??? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 2:36 pm

po1102 wrote:

Ain't it a common issue with all characters with that ability? xD

Anyway, Sakuya is definitely one of my fav Touhou girls, along with Youmu and Koishi <3

Wait a minute! Where is Koishi in that video??? Evil or Very Mad

They included her in one of the PV for Subterranean Animism if that counts Razz Btw Yuugi in that same PV is awsome in the few seconds of fight scene against Reimu Very Happy

I'll continue this conversation via pm if you want, don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a chat about Touhou XD

[taeiou] wrote:
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
lol! lol! lol! lol!

And back on topic, I had a fun time watching that show lol. Speaking of which; I need to finish watching it... >_<
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi

Yoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:11 am

My fave anime!:
Arrow Bleach
Arrow Claymore
Arrow Soul Eater
Arrow Death Note
Arrow SAO
Arrow Shippuden
Back to top Go down
MazinKaiser21
☆☆
MazinKaiser21

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:25 pm

I can't believe I didn't know about this thread until now...

Quote :
po and aszutai talking about Touhou

I'm a Touhou fan too...

Anyway, the last anime I actually enjoyed watching was Madoka. Every season after that has been mostly dull, with a few shows that were OK but not something I would place in my favorites list. SAO started off great for me, but I just couldn't stand it by the end. Something about Kirito just started to bug me.

My favorites are:
Madoka
Nanoha A's
Gundam X
Shin Mazinger
Hayate no Gotoku
Nichijou
Back to top Go down
Kimika9394

Kimika9394

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 am

Guess I should announce my "obvious" anime nerdiness as well here XD

hmmm let's think about it; it's hard to give it a ranking, just like them all I guess

1. Nichijou (ooooh yeah)
2. Gintama
3. Kanon 2006
4. Seitokai Yakuindomo
5. Gundam (mostly referring to the U.C. Era ones for the Gundam nerds here =P)
6. Sacred Seven (Cheap, really cheap... but... damn the main chara is just badass x))
7. Sora no Otoshimono
8. Lucky Star
9. Rantaro (hehehe being old school here P=)
10. Strike Witches ( <<; sigh just can't get enough of you Shimada-Sensei)

The list goes on and on, but as I've seen people only put 10 up here so yeah, same will be for me in that case P=

Summary about me: a hopeless 24/7 otaku ever since the early 90s most likely triggered by Rantaro, Samurai Pizza Cats, Goldfish Warning and the usually mainstream thingies from the 80s, 90s, up till today ~~;

Talking about what I am watching now hmm... the shows running right now...
and when it comes to older stuff, right now busy with Michiko to Hatchin
Back to top Go down
The6thToe
☆☆
The6thToe

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 pm

Hey everyone! Decided to look around the forums for something other than trades Shocked and i found this thread. Nice to see other fans

I guess my tastes have been pretty mainstream. Watching/reading Bleach, FMA, and all that shonen stuff. Slice of life is good too. Can't really rank shows, it's all good.

Gurren Lagann (so much GAR)
Eyeshield 21 (yukimitsu Crying or Very sad )
Hajime no Ippo (that championship match. manly tears)
Slam Dunk
Initial D (ep 6 - FOREEVEEEEEERRRRR. so good.)
Cross Game
Genshiken
The Legend of Black Heaven (!!!)

Some of my favorites up there, but you know, I can't find enough people that like the best genre: GAMBLING!!!!

Akagi (mahjong mindgame Decent into Darkness)
Kaiji (written by the same guy that did Akagi)
One Outs (baseball mindgame goodness)
Liar Game

and if you're like me and can't get enough of mahjong:

Saki (lol.)
The Legend of Koizumi (oh man. you HAVE to watch it)

dang, I wanna play some mahjong now. you should PM me and we can get some Fantasica matches going on in tenhou. don't worry I'm terrible cheers
Back to top Go down
Kimika9394

Kimika9394

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 7:19 am

The6thToe wrote:
Hey everyone! Decided to look around the forums for something other than trades Shocked and i found this thread. Nice to see other fans

I guess my tastes have been pretty mainstream. Watching/reading Bleach, FMA, and all that shonen stuff. Slice of life is good too. Can't really rank shows, it's all good.

Gurren Lagann (so much GAR)
Eyeshield 21 (yukimitsu Crying or Very sad )
Hajime no Ippo (that championship match. manly tears)
Slam Dunk
Initial D (ep 6 - FOREEVEEEEEERRRRR. so good.)
Cross Game
Genshiken
The Legend of Black Heaven (!!!)

Some of my favorites up there, but you know, I can't find enough people that like the best genre: GAMBLING!!!!

Akagi (mahjong mindgame Decent into Darkness)
Kaiji (written by the same guy that did Akagi)
One Outs (baseball mindgame goodness)
Liar Game

and if you're like me and can't get enough of mahjong:

Saki (lol.)
The Legend of Koizumi (oh man. you HAVE to watch it)

dang, I wanna play some mahjong now. you should PM me and we can get some Fantasica matches going on in tenhou. don't worry I'm terrible cheers

Oh yeah agreed when it comes to Mahjong Animes XD
I would also name Akagi though

Hmmm Cross Game and Genshiken, XD I see similarities in our taste Laughing
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 am

The6thToe wrote:

Glad to see a fellow mahjong player! Maybe we should start a Fanta league Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime Nerds...UNITE!
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next