Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Anime Nerds...UNITE!

Go down 
+49
tacodeman
BayushiKira
Zerion
ninjastomp
GitD16
Maggot
ATB
dancingcrane
ElysianField
stragmagius
caos4u2
rygar
HighClassTopHat
Roatanhi
Junichirou
yvettevanderv
fang24601
The6thToe
Kimika9394
MazinKaiser21
Yoruichi
Cuny
[taeiou]
po1102
Fanta_Lover
Frission
LeviathanTM
Kirisute-Gomen
heartunderbiade
tomoyo
kyaaya
gaillardia
HoundR
themadmanazn
memphiskite
KeyBlade
Br4dford
tav1990
chris58jo
M60A1
darkhealz
TypeAlpha
predator852
aszutai
Xzaral
luvdapeace
ChibiLeen
NotAPieceOfPie
aubade888
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Would You Be Interested In A Weekly Anime Event (Check The First Post For Info)
Hellz Yes!
Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap89%Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 89% [ 24 ]
Nah, I'm too busy
Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
chris58jo

chris58jo

Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 am

A lot of very good anime mentioned!

My absolute favorite has to be Wolf's Rain for series and Howl's Moving Castle for movie.

To anyone who haven't seen "Another" i would highly recommend. There's an episode 00 then the rest is 12 episodes. Mystery and suspense and just very well done though it starts off slow picks up about half way through.

Currently watching:
SAO
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Zetsuen no Tempest
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:29 am

chris58jo wrote:
A lot of very good anime mentioned!

My absolute favorite has to be Wolf's Rain for series and Howl's Moving Castle for movie.

To anyone who haven't seen "Another" i would highly recommend. There's an episode 00 then the rest is 12 episodes. Mystery and suspense and just very well done though it starts off slow picks up about half way through.

Currently watching:
SAO
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Zetsuen no Tempest

Im watching Kamisama Hajimemashita and Zetsuen no Tempest too! XDD

I read the maga of Kamisama as well as the anime. The manga is in a really good spot right now @___@

Zetsuen is pretty good. I never thought two trees fighting would be so exciting.
Back to top Go down
chris58jo

chris58jo

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 am

haha nice, i started with the manga too :3 this is so exciting i can't wait for the next volume xD
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:34 pm

started reading Kamisama Hajimemashita since I was curious, such a cute manga XD

What genre is Zetsuen no Tempest?
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 pm

It's like apocalyptic fantasy SciFi, but the drama in it keeps it accessible to many types of audiences.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:39 pm

Hum interesting, I'm on lite fluff candy type of story mood right now so I'll just keep that one on the back of my head XD

Thanks for the info aubade Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:43 pm

My pleasure! I switch back and forth too XD. Some days I feel like elfen lied and others I feel like skipbeat.
Back to top Go down
tav1990
☆☆
tav1990

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:48 pm

There is absolutely NO WAY that I could pick a top ten list...I will just list a few that I REALLY enjoyed. ^_^

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Another
Clannad
Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai
Deadman Wonderland
Elfen Lied
Gunslinger Girl
Ichigo Mashimaro
Jormungand
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (Homura wins at everything forever)
School Days
Working!!

Hehe...these are only a few...Razz
I have a soft spot for ones that start out more happy-go-lucky and then get really dark.
I also have a soft spot for depressing Animes (Clannad and Ano Hana especially)
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:53 pm

tav1990 wrote:
There is absolutely NO WAY that I could pick a top ten list...I will just list a few that I REALLY enjoyed. ^_^

Another
Clannad
Deadman Wonderland
Elfen Lied
Gunslinger Girl
Ichigo Mashimaro
Jormungand
School Days
Working!!

I have a soft spot for ones that start out more happy-go-lucky and then get really dark.

=O I forgot Madoka!! I keep getting sad when I see people post because I see stuff I forgot to add to my list XDD. Have you read the manga yet? I keep meaning to get to it. I am kind of scared though, since I liked the ending. I watched InuXBoku SS and loved the anime, and then the manga had a different ending and made me sad XD.
Back to top Go down
tav1990
☆☆
tav1990

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

aubade888 wrote:
tav1990 wrote:

Another
Clannad
Deadman Wonderland
Elfen Lied
Gunslinger Girl
Ichigo Mashimaro
Jormungand
School Days
Working!!

=O I forgot Madoka!! I keep getting sad when I see people post because I see stuff I forgot to add to my list XDD. Have you read the manga yet? I keep meaning to get to it. I am kind of scared though, since I liked the ending. I watched InuXBoku SS and loved the anime, and then the manga had a different ending and made me sad XD.

No, I have not read the manga yet...have to do that here sometime! lol
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 pm

The videogame League of Legends actually has the voice actress who did Homura do my favorite character (Riven). I liked both before I found that out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GqZrhhgPWM
Back to top Go down
Br4dford
☆☆
Br4dford

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 am

some top picks for me that were already mentioned were

Darker then Black
Deadman Wonderland (come on 52)
One Peice
Bleach
Naruto (fallen out of favor with idiotic fillers but staying with it until the end since it is so close)
Wolf's Rain

Not Mentioned

Gundam Wing (series through final movie)
X
Back to top Go down
chris58jo

chris58jo

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Oh ooh oooooh~~~ I forgot about X, i cried so much at the very end.

I never got to finish the manga though... i wonder if the ending were any different...
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Don't read the manga. The anime ending was perfect ;_;
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:55 pm

chris58jo wrote:

I never got to finish the manga though... i wonder if the ending were any different...

There WASN'T any ending, that's the problem. CLAMP never finished it, and the anime ending is the only canon. I hated that ending, it was so... generic and predictable, especially after all the character building in the manga. I mean no disrespect to those who enjoyed the anime, I'm glad you did. But it didn't work for me at all, and all this series has left me with was a huge feeling of disappointment and wasted potential. However, I still consider the latest volumes of the manga as CLAMP's greatest artistic achievement. The artwork and page layout are stellar, and the fight between Subaru and Seishiro was heartbreakingly beautiful.

I just wish they're not going to abandon Lawful Drug too. They did say they were going to continue it eventually, but I've been waiting for so long now... T^T
Back to top Go down
Br4dford
☆☆
Br4dford

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:29 pm

ChibiLeen wrote:
chris58jo wrote:

There WASN'T any ending, that's the problem. CLAMP never finished it, and the anime ending is the only canon. I hated that ending, it was so... generic and predictable, especially after all the character building in the manga. I mean no disrespect to those who enjoyed the anime, I'm glad you did. But it didn't work for me at all, and all this series has left me with was a huge feeling of disappointment and wasted potential. However, I still consider the latest volumes of the manga as CLAMP's greatest artistic achievement. The artwork and page layout are stellar, and the fight between Subaru and Seishiro was heartbreakingly beautiful.

I just wish they're not going to abandon Lawful Drug too. They did say they were going to continue it eventually, but I've been waiting for so long now... T^T

I am also worried that Deadman Wonderland will not be finished either Sad
Back to top Go down
KeyBlade

KeyBlade

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi! I don't know whether I'm applicable for this thread as I'm more of a beginner or a novice anime fan...

I'm a huge Studio Ghibli fan! I have a lot of their films on DVD, the last one I watched being Arrietty. Umm... I grew up watching Naruto & DBZ and I've watched some Bleach & One Piece.

I'm in the middle of making a list of anime I want to watch but it's already looking very long! D:

Uhh... Well, nice to meet you! Any recommendations would be most helpful..! =]
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/gunblade
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 pm

KeyBlade wrote:
Hi! I don't know whether I'm applicable for this thread as I'm more of a beginner or a novice anime fan...

I'm a huge Studio Ghibli fan! I have a lot of their films on DVD, the last one I watched being Arrietty. Umm... I grew up watching Naruto & DBZ and I've watched some Bleach & One Piece.

I'm in the middle of making a list of anime I want to watch but it's already looking very long! D:

Uhh... Well, nice to meet you! Any recommendations would be most helpful..! =]

Haha, we're not anime academics or elitists here. Any interest in anime is great, and there are lots of people who want to fangirlshly give you recommendations if you're intersted (myself included) . =3
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm

aubade888 wrote:
....and there are lots of people who want to fangirlshly give you recommendations if you're intersted (myself included) . =3

LOL! Love that word now.... XD

If that's the case, I suppose I should let you know what I've gotten myself into...

I tend to watch whatever has been out a few years ago since I'm so slow with catching up with stuff or I keep re-watching the old stuff cause I love it so much.

Personal favs of mine are Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fullmetal Alchemist (both previous and brotherhood series), Dragonball Z, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Fruits Basket, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann & Toradora!

In terms of the big popular anime series I'm currently aware of, I hate Naruto cause of its fillers and the same goes for Bleach (but I'm still reading the manga even though I want it to end three months ago), and I'm trying to catch up with One Piece very very VERY slowly.

Already finished watching Sword Art Online and I nearly cried (please don't ask), got started with Blue Exorist and I'm enjoying it so far, tried watching Guilty Crown & 07-Ghost but I got bored, not very assumed withn High School DxD but I'll finish it off regardless, and hoping to see how Accel World goes for me (I have not heard about a fat protagonist existing before - is that fact right?)

Oh, and I caught myself watching Dragonball Z again for the 4th time this week. Not the Kai version - I want the long dragged out scenes. How strange of me... Razz

Last edited by memphiskite on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 pm

memphiskite wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
....and there are lots of people who want to fangirlshly give you recommendations if you're intersted (myself included) . =3

If that's the case, I suppose I should let you know what I've gotten myself into...

I tend to watch whatever has been out a few years ago since I'm so slow with catching up with stuff or I keep re-watching the old stuff cause I love it so much.

Personal favs of mine are Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fullmetal Alchemist (both previous and brotherhood series), Dragonball Z, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Fruits Basket, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann & Toradora!

In terms of the big popular anime series I'm currently aware of, I hate Naruto cause of its fillers and the same goes for Bleach (but I'm still reading the manga even though I want it to end three months ago), and I'm trying to catch up with One Piece very very VERY slowly.

Already finished watching Sword Art Online and I nearly cried (please don't ask), got started with Blue Exorist and I'm enjoying it so far, tried watching Guilty Crown & 07-Ghost but I got bored, not very assumed with assumed with High School DxD but I'll finish it off regardless, and hoping to see how Accel World goes for me (I have not heard about a fat protagonist existing before - is that fact right?)

Oh, and I caught myself watching Dragonball Z again for the 4th time this week. Not the Kai version - I want the long dragged out scenes. How strange of me... Razz

I love One Piece so much. It's like all of the boyish fun of early DBZ but none of the silly super sayan stuff that comes after XD.

Have you watched FMA Brotherhood yet? I thought I would hate it because I thought it was just a retread of what happened before, but I think I like it more than the origional now. Especially the end @_@.

I rewatch Samurai Champloo a lot, and TTGL. Fruits basket is a classic too, I love the character that turns into a seahorse when he's touched. His wife must have been so disappointed. It's a metaphor for my life!

I love Evangelion but it frustrates me since I feel like I'm not smart enough to get it yet XD.

Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Added new poll to the first page =3
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:17 pm

aubade888 wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

Already finished watching Sword Art Online and I nearly cried (please don't ask), got started with Blue Exorist and I'm enjoying it so far, tried watching Guilty Crown & 07-Ghost but I got bored, not very assumed with assumed with High School DxD but I'll finish it off regardless, and hoping to see how Accel World goes for me (I have not heard about a fat protagonist existing before - is that fact right?)

I love One Piece so much. It's like all of the boyish fun of early DBZ but none of the silly super sayan stuff that comes after XD.

Have you watched FMA Brotherhood yet? I thought I would hate it because I thought it was just a retread of what happened before, but I think I like it more than the origional now. Especially the end @_@.

I rewatch Samurai Champloo a lot, and TTGL. Fruits basket is a classic too, I love the character that turns into a seahorse when he's touched. His wife must have been so disappointed. It's a metaphor for my life!

I love Evangelion but it frustrates me since I feel like I'm not smart enough to get it yet XD.

Aww.... but being able to go blonde whenever you want is just awesome! It's DBGT that took it a little too far for me.... :/

Yeah, I have. Even though it's the same as the manga (except for the first episode), I still enjoyed it nonetheless. Although I still loved the first series regardless because if it weren't for that, I wouldn't have known FMA existed. Smile

It's been a while since I've seen Cowboy Bebop. Need to find a copy one day. And now it made me want to watch Trigun again...
LOL. Poor Hatori. Sucks to have the family curse....

Well, they did release two movies from Rebuild of Evangelion that should make understanding the social interaction story among characters a little better. To be honest, is it just me or did I find the last 2 episodes of the original series easier to understand more than the End of Evangelion movie? -____-
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:21 pm

memphiskite wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

Aww.... but being able to go blonde whenever you want is just awesome! It's DBGT that took it a little too far for me.... :/

Yeah, I have. Even though it's the same as the manga (except for the first episode), I still enjoyed it nonetheless. Although I still loved the first series regardless because if it weren't for that, I wouldn't have known FMA existed. Smile

It's been a while since I've seen Cowboy Bebop. Need to find a copy one day. And now it made me want to watch Trigun again...

Well, they did release two movies from Rebuild of Evangelion that should make understanding the social interaction story among characters a little better. To be honest, is it just me or did I find the last 2 episodes of the original series easier to understand more than the End of Evangelion movie? -____-

I'm a brunette and I go blonde all the time, but people just make fun of me instead of praising me XD

I need to rewatch all of Evangelion to be honest. I watched it all in one long anime binge and it just made me feel all confused and blurry XD.

My friend is also mad at me because I quit halfway through Eureka 7. I did the same thing with Cowboy Bebop. (I know I'm a bad person!)
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:27 pm

aubade888 wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
memphiskite wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

I'm a brunette and I go blonde all the time, but people just make fun of me instead of praising me XD

I need to rewatch all of Evangelion to be honest. I watched it all in one long anime binge and it just made me feel all confused and blurry XD.

My friend is also mad at me because I quit halfway through Eureka 7. I did the same thing with Cowboy Bebop. (I know I'm a bad person!)

I'm jet black, and can't get away with dyeing my hair at all cause of my job. Loving the day when I grow old and get natural white/grey hair! Already saw one white strand the other day Very Happy

LOL! It feels way more enjoyable to watch a series without any waiting periods. I prefer to watch episodes back to back when I can, rather than start watching a new episode and wait next week for the next :/

I haven't checked out Eureka Seven, but I don't know much about it to take interest in it. Oh, it happens, right? Probably cause you saw something better? XD
Which reminds me, I think I watched the first few episodes of GitS: SAC and then saw the ending episodes. Missed out on the middle... :S
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:30 pm

I think a lot of people compare Eureka 7 to Evangelion. It's like happy light shonen for 30 eps and then shyt gets srs and weird XD. I just wasn't in the mood at the time and forgot. I lost the password to my anime list, so I have nothing to remind me. Part of the problem is that mech anime aren't my favorite, but if there is something cool going on I can get into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Nerds...UNITE!   Anime Nerds...UNITE! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime Nerds...UNITE!
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next