Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

new db 5*- good investment or bad?

Go down 
+9
jsherman
retrospectc4
Tshwanichick
sharpyzu
memphiskite
Evageek
brokenchicken
myad
cowibunga
13 posters
AuthorMessage
cowibunga

cowibunga

new db 5*- good investment or bad? Empty
PostSubject: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 pm

so, ive been seing some pretty cheap 5*s go on the market for as cheap as 35-40pots(im going off that 2pots=1te)? would it be worth it right now to puchase pots and buyem up or should i keep my money? what do you guys think the outlook for these cards are going to be? i dont wanna buyem and find out that i can only tradem for fiona or crap. ya know?

thank you,
Jacob Schaeffer
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 pm

where can you find the 5* for 40pots?!? Very Happy

seriously... 5*... is always good if you plan to be in the game for a while. you never know... 1-2mths down the road, you can trade up for something else...
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Considerations:

* Potions have never been more expensive than they are right now. This is the first event that uses them heavily, so their price is in serious flux. "Never been higher" usually screams sell, not buy, but that's my economic take on it.

* The response to the Dream Breaker set has been pretty negative, thanks to ugly art, and if precedent holds they will only give bonuses in this Halloween event (future events will have new cardsets giving bonuses.)

* Therefore, their future value will have three considerations: scarcity (in their favor), attractiveness (definitely not in their favor) and raw usefulness. Are the DB 5*s noticeably better in combat than existing 5*s? I'm... not sure about that. (Sogno has great stats but poor range, Rem > Kyo but that leaves a lot of room, Hrwm is just blah).

Keep in mind that a card that's deficient in one of these categories will drop like a rock. Meg, for instance, is a great card but dirt cheap because she was bought in droves.

Short version: If you need a cheap 5* for the sake of having a 5*, neither Rem nor Sogno are awful choices. If you are investing for later resale, these might not go up much over time.
Back to top Go down
Evageek
☆☆
Evageek

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:22 pm

If you like the card get it. I traded down my Mihiro for Kyo because I really liked her artwork.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jose.arias.7712
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Whenever I get a 5* DB I don't need, I sell them for 40 pots/te.

And I don't mean by just 40TE or 40 pots... I prefer a combination of the two totalling to 40.

I'm just desperate to let them go, that's all...
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 pm

wow... 5* going that cheap... 40... hmmm...
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Well, mostly I've been selling them that cheap cause I've seen most people selling at maximum 100te, then 80te. Some have gotten close to 60te.

So to make sure I can sell mine with ease, I beat those prices with lower sales and be done with trading in an instant.

I should probably stop doing that... Razz
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:30 pm

before you stop doing that... can i squeeze in one last order? Very Happy

anyway, got an ally looking to get one for: 10pots, 15TE & 200luna. can i point him to you? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:48 pm

I don't sell 5* for luna at all, unless I state that I definitely need to for a particular unit...

The amount has to total up to 40 for the offer to be valid, so he'll need either 15 more te or pots or half and half for me to consider trading one.

The main reason, however, would be that I'm out of stock already. Next time I get some, it'll sell out fast within 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:50 pm

memph, if you don't mind, may I ask what you do for a living? ;o

and can I reserve a 5* from the next event if you are selling for a similar price then? hehe
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:52 pm

IT support for a bunch of clothing brands around Australia.
It's not a high paying job so I'm actually throwing my money away out of sheer boredom or irritation. -_____-!

You can reserve one if the offer is over 40. High offers get dibs first.
Back to top Go down
Tshwanichick

Tshwanichick

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:41 am

I sold my rem and hrwm for 20 potions haha so you can get them really cheap
Back to top Go down
retrospectc4

retrospectc4

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:09 am

I was selling my Hwrm's for 25 TE each today. Ran out though! Wink
^(and hi ally! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Tshwanichick

Tshwanichick

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 am

Haha hey =)
Back to top Go down
jsherman
☆☆
jsherman

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 am

I'm selling my DB 5* f0r 35 pots/TE, but am also considering 4* bundles (gotta feed my monica/vampiress)
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 am

now i feel like an a55 for getting one at 40TE/ pots... Sad
Back to top Go down
rjs130

rjs130

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:52 am

hmm... usually 5* db is 30 pot and te
Back to top Go down
DaevaNec

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:35 am

i currently have a Lv 69 hwrm for sale, wanna get 50te/pot combo for her. and honestly if i dnt sell idm. her art is the best for the DB series IMO. closely seconded by sogno as far as people go bout the whole S&M st00fs which mind u im not a fam of :3 btw jus need 2 say this.... AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:47 am

I got Sogno (ugh!) for a lvl 93 Fiona lmao xD
Back to top Go down
Chuck Norris's Junk

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Hwrm May increase in value during the next Colesseum event given her 15 deploy cost. Might be a good idea to stash her for a bit.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 6:01 pm

rjs130 wrote:
thanks for making me feel even worse... lol...

but seriously?!? i tot i see in TC... 5* can go for like 50TE or even more...
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 6:26 pm

rjs130 wrote:

...... wasn't me~ @ u @
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:29 pm

memphiskite wrote:
rjs130 wrote:

...... wasn't me~ @ u @
if it was... i'd feel like an even bigger a55... lolz... Very Happy

how ru doing with the Halloween evemt?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new db 5*- good investment or bad?   new db 5*- good investment or bad? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new db 5*- good investment or bad?
Page 1 of 1