Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Forum Suggestions Thread

Go down 
+10
Neoyoshi
memphiskite
pnoytroi
Yoruno
ZalexRough [Perma Banned]
Admin
Pugilist
clocksprocket
RedRivers
Serotheo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Serotheo

Serotheo

Forum Suggestions Thread Empty
PostSubject: [Suggestion] The Trader "Traitor" list.   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:45 am

As well all know, not all trades go as planned and then someone loses out on a card or some items and someone walks away with nothing to lose.. well how's this? A sticky thread (or maybe.. I don't know if this forum allows you to up-rank people with thanks or what not) that's only editable by an Admin that lists trustworthy players, or even just blacklisted scammers.

Now also you can't just instantaneously get someone blacklisted, but how bout a sort of "Black-marks" system?

i.e. Player x Scams Player y, Player x gets one black-mark (if proven, of course); when they get three they get on a definite Blacklist, that doesn't just serve as a warning for a "possible" scammer but a "proven" one.

--> I mentioned upranks as a way to kind of have the community "review" the person's trustworthiness in a trade, it'd be better if there was a sort of thumbs-down vs thumbs-up comparison or Star rating though to be more accurate.
Back to top Go down
RedRivers
R. Ich. Rodent [Rare]
RedRivers

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:32 am

There's only on way to not get scammed. Never give something for nothing. The amount of scammers in games like this can be outrageous, especially if the foreign dev team is reluctant to act on complaints. Although I agree that a thread for posting scammers is an aid to safe trading, I believe a system for "proving" they are scammers is not. I leave it up to the accused to show me that the allegations against him are false, and will avoid anyone accused of stealing/scamming otherwise. One allegation of scamming is reason for me not to trade. Three allegations just makes me despise the individual Smile
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 am

We'll think about having a thread on this, but as RedRivers said, I think it would be helpful to just have a "Tips not to get scammed" in our sticky somewhere instead, maybe? A lot of scammers will scam a card and go off to a new account anyway, so I'm not sure tracking them all is particularly useful.

I'm actually curious, because I've seen allegations of scamming quite a lot but I'm not even sure how it would happen. Trades only hold 5 cards/items/luna so the safest way is to just conduct a trade that only involves 5 items, especially if you're the one selling a high-quality card. Those 20 4*s they're offering? Not worth it, just find someone to offer more luna or maxed 4*s instead. In the case of there being more than 5 items, as the seller I'd demand them to send me the least valuable items first in a trade, in which I'd just send something like 1k luna back, and the rest in the next trade, in which I would put in my own card. I suppose that still leaves a lot of risk if you're acting on the buyer side, which is why you'd put in your least valuable items in the first trade. Or you could make sure your offer is good with the assistance of only 5 items.

Am I wrong and is there some other way to get scammed?

E: By the way, moved this thread to "Game Discussion." Going to try to make the distinction of the forums a bit clearer now that they're renamed -- "Current Events" will hopefully have one thread per each event where people can discuss it and add info.
Back to top Go down
Pugilist

Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:38 am

clocksprocket wrote:

I don't understand how you can get scammed in Fantasica considering the way the current trade system is set up. You can clearly see what you're getting and what you have offered up before accepting/canceling. Unless some one is offering a 'service' i.e. a level up service.

I once punched a man @ Trader Joe's.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:20 am

Just post any ideas here for the forum! Try to keep it to one post per person. Might implement these eventually or not at all! Doesn't hurt to ask.
Back to top Go down
Serotheo

Serotheo

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Pugilist wrote:
clocksprocket wrote:

I don't understand how you can get scammed in Fantasica considering the way the current trade system is set up. You can clearly see what you're getting and what you have offered up before accepting/canceling. Unless some one is offering a 'service' i.e. a level up service.

I once punched a man @ Trader Joe's.

Its possible to get scammed, and as pointed out earlier sometimes trades include multiple items so it'd require multiple trades also if you're not observant say you can get scammed for Soul stones as in trade they just state Soul (if you're not careful) in addition some people do Album trades to help complete each other's missing cards in their collection.
Back to top Go down
Pugilist

Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Not sure if there is one already but it would be neat to have a "New replies to your posts" link.
i.e. I log on and I can click it to see what replies to any posts/threads I have posted in are new since last log in.
Cheers.

I once punched someone for replying to something I said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Yes but a forum with a bias opinion towards users in game would be extremely unfair just because a few users considering someone to scam them does not mean its true.

for example myself could accuse another user of scamming simply because I do not like them all I would have to do based on what you are suggesting is get my friends to agree and have him added to a blacklist ware a lot of the games players come for trades and other helpful info or to chat can see said list.... could potentially ruin someones game trades for life not to mention once a user is on a blacklist nothing is to stop them form making a new account.
Back to top Go down
Serotheo

Serotheo

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:24 pm

ZalexRough wrote:
Yes but a forum with a bias opinion towards users in game would be extremely unfair just because a few users considering someone to scam them does not mean its true.

for example myself could accuse another user of scamming simply because I do not like them all I would have to do based on what you are suggesting is get my friends to agree and have him added to a blacklist ware a lot of the games players come for trades and other helpful info or to chat can see said list.... could potentially ruin someones game trades for life not to mention once a user is on a blacklist nothing is to stop them form making a new account.

Proof isn't necessarily having other people that are "witnesses" because witnesses can lie, I mean a great way is to do a screen shot of your conversations with the perpetrated scammer i.e.

Player X: Hey could I album your Reinhard?
Player Y: I'm not sure, what do you have?
Player X: I can give you my Joachim and Sophia to hold onto
Player Y: Alright.

--> Player X keeps Reinhard

--> Player Y has screenshot of conversation AND proof of original ownership of card
----> The ownership of card has to have a screenshot with a time BEFORE the trade or else legitimacy is vague. (Do it before such a trade.. or don't do the trade at all

Also, the point of blackmarks are warnings - to not serve as a "ban" from the trading community but rather let people know of a potential risk so they are more aware of what COULD happen to them as well.
----> Blackmarks are then clearable under misunderstandings
-------> i.e. Album trade with a VERY trusted ally but when you try to return trade ally doesn't respond but has been on (sparsely) its likely they are making a quick check or their network connections are slow, if not some other real-life incident - but the point is they can't get back right away, but they haven't done anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:43 pm

I think that checking a scammer's account or reputation against the accuser's isn't too difficult. The only people who should be worried about being accused of being scammers are scammers themselves or I guess people with enemies. Although I can see someone with some kind of grudge attempting to slander someone else, which would suck if you were innocent. Still, if you're a nice player I'm sure you would have allies to back you up somehow.

If we had a thread for scammers (their IDs and handles) then it would serve as a community warning, and you could decide whether to trade or not yourself. I do worry that scammers will simply move onto a new account -- not much you can do to prevent that, except to be aware of how scamming happens and to protect yourself. [[Note: I made a sticky with some tips on how to avoid being scammed in the Trading Center.]]

I actually had an ally who was scammed through an album trade just last night, and quit because of it. It's really sad, but I would definitely believe her over her scammer because I had talked to her and she seemed like a nice decent person.
Back to top Go down
Yoruno

PostSubject: Guild section?   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:32 am

Maybe we could use one in this forum. Guild as in somewhere for players to find allies who logs on similar time and... finding allies in general. Just a thought...Yes?no? discuss. =V
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:55 am

crowex was definitely thinking of having a guilds/clan section.

I think it's a good idea, but I suggested we wait until the forum grows a bit, because otherwise there will be like 2 members in each and it'll still be a pain to keep track of (ie, we'd need good moderation to take care of guilds as well).

Might also create a thread for people looking for allies, so I guess stay tuned?
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Crowex/Clocks - "Like" Button   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:49 pm

Haha. Just spouting off as I am taking another break from work.

(rant) There should be a "Like" button along with the "Quote" button >_< Haha
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:58 pm

*Mempy draws a 'Like' button on the screen and presses it.*
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 12:02 am

memphiskite wrote:
*Mempy draws a 'Like' button on the screen and presses it.*

lol
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 am

There actually is such a module we could implement, but I'm not really sure our forum needs any kind of like/thanks/reputation system. That's up to crowex!
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:27 am

I figured the amount of comments and views should make up for its popularity.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:04 pm

I would like to suggest a Fantasica Banner for the top page header that more or less visually conveys what game this is without having to have text that says: "Fantasica"

Here is an example of work i have done for another website concerning a mainstream game title.

Forum Suggestions Thread AetheriusnetworkGW2banner

Of course it doesn't need to be as complex or detailed as the above image, given the websites theme, but it just feels to me like there should be some sort of imagery up there. This is just my opinion of course. Smile

Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Neoyoshi wrote:
I would like to suggest a Fantasica Banner for the top page header that more or less visually conveys what game this is without having to have text that says: "Fantasica"

Here is an example of work i have done for another website concerning a mainstream game title.

Forum Suggestions Thread AetheriusnetworkGW2banner

Of course it doesn't need to be as complex or detailed as the above image, given the websites theme, but it just feels to me like there should be some sort of imagery up there. This is just my opinion of course. Smile

Hire him. Now.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:23 pm

That's a really kickass image (though I assume the source material was cool, too).

Obviously this is crowex's alley though.

My concern about an image like that would be how large it is -- when I'm on the forum, I want to, well, get to the posts. If I had to scroll past something like that every time, it would get tiring. Although maybe it's possible to insert that on some main page or something that is visible but that you don't visit too often? *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi

Neoyoshi

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:31 am

clocksprocket wrote:
That's a really kickass image (though I assume the source material was cool, too).

Obviously this is crowex's alley though.

My concern about an image like that would be how large it is -- when I'm on the forum, I want to, well, get to the posts. If I had to scroll past something like that every time, it would get tiring. Although maybe it's possible to insert that on some main page or something that is visible but that you don't visit too often? *shrug*

I was just using that as an example. Something that big wouldn't work very well in this particular website simply because how it's set up and how the headers are spaced. Smile

Last edited by Neoyoshi on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
RisingAboveThis

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:20 am

Only suggestion I'd make atm is a small one. To please change the color code for "Event Planner". The dark green against the blackish background makes it impossible to see properly. Sure, no one is event planner rank yet, but when there is one, their name would be hard to read anywhere on fhe forum. May I suggest a light blue/ turquoise since blue hasn't been incorporated or a bright red?

Alright thats my two cents worth Smile
Back to top Go down
NapkinPower
☆☆
NapkinPower

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:35 pm

My suggestion is that there should be a -1 rank, maybe 0*, for those who have to get warned about making a double post in the trading forums.
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:12 am

You guys should celebrate when you get 500 members.... no? :3
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been super busy lately (had a wedding to attend, school, work, etc) but I'm not ignoring people! I'll do my best to work on things this week and hopefully get some results!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Suggestions Thread   Forum Suggestions Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestions Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next