Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Official discussion thread for 9*

Go down 
+13
Blindwisdom
cyndre
rotarywhiz
Roanmarvel
xfalconhunterx
Tasaiomar
smoothies12
Ghost_Star
FastfoodJesus
xmikechenx
Vaati
Spacebug
KuroStar
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

Official discussion thread for 9* Empty
PostSubject: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:48 am

Official discussion thread for 9* Img_2911

Fantasica has just released their 1st 9* D.Jeanne, this was completely unexpected by anyone as 8* has just only been released not very long ago. Since I expect there is a lot of controversy over the 9* issue, I will be creating an official thread in the Game Discussion (here, of course, since you’re here) to discuss your concerns and issues about 9*.

Fantasica is the first game I’ve seen to have a 9* and after seeing what Fantasica can do, I actually fear the direction the other mobile card games are going.

There are 3 reasons I am not completely expecting 9* to be released. Btw, this is just my first thoughts

1. 8* units are not able to be traded yet – I got information from players that play JP Fanta in the past, 8* units are apparently tradeable in Japan servers. However, all we’ve gotten are bugged 8*, I even started to doubt this information (also coupled with the fact that there are no screenshots as proof of it) since there seems to be no sign of 8* getting tradeable. Tradeable 8* would be a good direction for the game as well. Since the pack 8* are already in such low rates, surely they will be able to still get business. They even have capabilities to release multiple packs with multiple new 8*. There would also still be a market for the 7* and 8*, 6* and 5* will just become obsolete, just like before, there was a market for 5* and 6*, 4* became obsolete. Likewise, the 9* just expands the power creep even more, making new players and current players be discouraged to play Fantasica. This game doesn’t want you to play at all. Worse still, 8* are already at such low rates from packs, what about 9* for spenders?!

2. New players – I won’t even call them new players anymore, more like new spenders, how do you expect someone to enjoy the game with just 6* and 7* when everyone around you is so much better because they spent. Free players era is long over, totally long over, unless you want to dedicate your life to Fantasica like me and the rest of the free, veteran players that still remain till now. The journey will be very hard, especially when 8* are still not be able to be traded yet. If you do accomplish what you want to do in Fantasica, give yourself not just a pat on the back, but some expensive restaurant combo treat for your family and friends. You’ve earned it.

3. Current spenders – Wow, this is a backlash not just to the current spenders and Fantasica as well. With the knowledge the 9* units can create a new era, the spenders can simply wait their money on a unit that they really want, such as a 9* unit with A Speed and Slow skill or any other 9* unit that has very impressive stats and the best skills as well. The current 9* isn’t as attractive, definitely. The real question is this. Will spenders be interested to buy 9* at all, knowing that the possibility 10* can come around next year?
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:26 am

This game has always felt like a running target. I feel like a horse trying to catch the carrot in front of me held by Fanta on a long stick who is sitting on me...

The 9* is now making all my hard earned 6* and even 7* worthless. Whether I like it or not doesn't matter I think. The game is simply changing their target audience, from spending-to-trade-players to spending-for-fun-players.

Ah well, I've not been playing this game seriously last couple of months anyways except for maybe 1 or 3 events. Let's see where this goes.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:45 am

I know what you mean, Spacebug. If they continue to maintain 8* untradable, it'll become a pay-to-win, random event colectible card game (CCG), rather than the free-to-play, tower defense trading card game (TCG) that guys who entered the game more than a year ago can still remember.

I thought that the "free 8*" was a lure for SBT players and Fantasica players alike, but now... i see they wanted to broaden the 7*/8* presence before introducing the new elite tier, the 9*.

I'll say two final words:

1 - had i forsaw this in the past, i wouldn't have recruited my Daiyu. I'd kept her as a monster and use the 8* from the ticket as my main leader.

2 - if Fanta does not make 8* tradable until January next year, which will be the release date for Hearthstone(HS) in the IOS platforms, i will no longer become the active Fanta player that i currently am and end all funds to it, as i already am embraced with Hearthstone - i've spent some euros for a small headstart, and now i'm enjoy the balanced F2P ride, with an upcoming expansion to boot. I might even quit Fanta and go full devotion on HS, as it is a much better CCG both in balance and F2P alternatives than Fantasica. If anyone wishes to join me, they'll have a warm welcome towards my friendlist there. (Note: for those wondering, i'll still remain in the forums, as i still have a story to tell)
Back to top Go down
xmikechenx
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 8:26 am

hearthstone is quite the different game compared to Fanta tho haha, better... but no pixels!!!

As for the 9*, a lot of people saw it coming, I was calling it a month back. Rage of Bahamut did it, Marvel Heroes did it. Just how power creep works Sad, and how it accelerates.

The release rate of new units though... that's extremely disturbing. I don't see how any game can sustain a new untradeable unit every day
Back to top Go down
FastfoodJesus
Peace Keeper [Retired]
FastfoodJesus

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 8:37 am

When I woke up this morning, and saw a 9* ...My desk met face. I was fortunate enough to join a random group and got a Marie 8*, before that, I was rocking all 6*... Now 6*'s are going to become (with the way it's been going) the new 4*, and 5*'s are the new 3*'s

I don't like the direction this game has been going. Sad

Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 8:38 am

ahhhh logged into the forums today for some 9* qq, so for i'm not disappointed.

and i thought HS was already released on ios, its just not getting the android until later. I've been playin on my pc but only enough to get monthly arena card backs. Once its out on android however i'll probably be putting more time to it. as it is, im only really logging into fanta for the daily login bonus.

edit~ <it appears> i was mistaken, its out now for ipads, android tablets get it in dec and iphones/android phones will get the release in jan.
Back to top Go down
smoothies12

smoothies12

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 8:50 am

let us predict when will 10* be introduced into the game =3 Actually that would be a feat! i never heard of any card game even going to 9*!
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:07 am

While I understand the disappointment over collected 6*s, I think they did everything they could to make the transition easy for SBT players. Assuming you only pull the worst available card from your tickets, they're still giving 2 7*s and an 8* to all SBT players who tried Fanta (assuming they did even a little bit in their own game). As I said in the other thread, it makes sense now that they were willing to be generous with the 8* tank ticket, knowing they had a 9* ready to go.

Also, my guess for the first 10* unit is early June 2015. There was 8+ months between 7* and 8*, 7+ months between 8* and 9*, so I'm betting on 6+ months until we get the 10*s.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:54 am

8*'s are still account locked.

9*'s released.

Reprints everywhere.

As a spender, Fanta is dead to me. Will I play casually? Sure. I've spent too much time and money to ragequit. I even dove into SBT for the Fanta rewards.

But I cannot ever justify spending more than $10/event ever again. The rewards are far too low, the pull rates are criminal, the secondary market is in ruins (making the ROI for any spending a cruel joke,) and the events are shorter, rehashed, and mostly uninteresting (especially after your 10th Guild Battle and 15th panel event.)

I moved on to a different game with less investment required, more interesting and diverse gameplay, and did I mention less investment? $100 in Fanta barely gets you anything - especially if you have "unlucky" pulls. In the other game, $65 gets you the equivalent of $300+ in Fanta and all without "unlucky" pulls. Seeing the light and how successful that game can be has soured me on Fanta along with all of the other repetitive issues.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 10:37 am

xfalconhunterx wrote:

I moved on to a different game with less investment required, more interesting and diverse gameplay, and did I mention less investment? $100 in Fanta barely gets you anything - especially if you have "unlucky" pulls. In the other game, $65 gets you the equivalent of $300+ in Fanta and all without "unlucky" pulls. Seeing the light and how successful that game can be has soured me on Fanta along with all of the other repetitive issues.

Let me guess... Brave Frontier?
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 10:53 am

Vaati wrote:
xfalconhunterx wrote:

It sure sounds like it
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 1:58 pm

Hearthstone is really a great game with a very pure F2P model. I don't actually play games on my phone, just my tablets. So I was wondering why so few Fanta players tried HS or other card games of the like (Solforge, Ascension, Magic Online, ect).

But of course those games aren't available on phones, it's really smart of Blizzard to be the first one. The business model for mobile games is really player-unfriendly if we're being honest about it (Clash of Clans, Rage of Bahamut, Candy Crush, ect can all be pretty exploitative) and I wonder what the arrival of something with a very generous F2P model like Hearthstone is going to do to the landscape.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Roanmarvel wrote:
Hearthstone is really a great game with a very pure F2P model.  I don't actually play games on my phone, just my tablets.  So I was wondering why so few Fanta players tried HS or other card games of the like (Solforge, Ascension, Magic Online, ect).

the best aspect of HS is that you can play on a tablet (well only ipad until next month) against a friend sitting right next to each other. I'll be interested to see if they can/will add the battlenet chat to the game which would allow for and awesome social aspect. Until then I will be eagerly awaiting the day when i can roll down to a brewery with my friends and play hearthstone on our androids against each other.

i'll edit to say while they are both tcg's, they are totally different... its like comparing battle ship and connect for to monopoly or settlers of cantha, while they are all 'board games' they appeal to totally different crowds. HS lacks the tower defense and its grind is more in line with the mmo 'questing' and is very much connected to wow which would turn many off.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:52 pm

KuroStar wrote:
Vaati wrote:
xfalconhunterx wrote:

It sure sounds like it

I didn't want to be that guy who named names.

"[This game] is SOO MUCH BETTER THAN FANTA LOLLOLOLOL!1!!"

...but, yes.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:48 pm

xfalconhunterx wrote:
KuroStar wrote:
Vaati wrote:
xfalconhunterx wrote:

It sure sounds like it

I didn't want to be that guy who named names.

"[This game] is SOO MUCH BETTER THAN FANTA LOLLOLOLOL!1!!"

...but, yes.

It's become a known fact though, especially when DeNa just closed down another game, GI JOE Battleground. They just have to suck it up. :<

This thread is going to deviate it's main purpose and talk about other games instead, haha lol!
Back to top Go down
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆
rotarywhiz

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Yeah I think they came out with 9*s too quickly, i think if a game can't ease new players into it they won't succeed. Fanta has been going down hill for a while now and I think they know it and are trying to milk it for all they can now.
Back to top Go down
cyndre

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 4:09 pm

She's pretty fun with Gluck boost:
371073/302394/261200 (lvl177)
Back to top Go down
Blindwisdom

Blindwisdom

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 4:10 am

Wasnt expecting a 9* to be out so soon . Thought at least they would wait for 8* to be tradable and then a year they are tradeable then release 9*. It may not look attractive but I think it looks pretty cool imo
Back to top Go down
vayhnn

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 6:05 am

If I may just had my 2 cents.

Came back to Fanta a month ago, after leaving when 7* came out.

First surprise, no tradable 8*. Well, for a TCG, that's kind of surprising. Now, 9*s being released, and still no tradable unit above 7* (and lots of untradable 7*s too).

Tried lots of games with sweet mechanics too, which were definitely good, but what I missed from Fanta except my friends, was the trading part, and I'm still having lot of pleasure seeking for cards or selling others.

That's my biggest concern now with this new grade. It was obvious that they might come sooner or later, but if 8*s stay untradable as they're now, that would definitely means that DeNa is just getting Fanta to a total pay to win CCG, which would suck pretty much from my point of view, cause even without spending, before it was still doable to get higher grade cards with a lot of trading and/or a bit of luck.

And Im not sure it's such a smart move at the end.

(oh and Im still a slight spender tho, but I do have couple of totally free players who just wont ever be able to get access to a whole part of the game if it keeps on that way ... not sure that's the purpose of a TCG)
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 7:05 am

To be honest, they're keeping the TCG aspect around, as long as it doesn't stop them from giving profit. If not, the Dream Pack EUs for the tank event wouldn't be traded, nor would the Step Up EUs for the latest Legion event.

What's funny though was seeing the 7* EU being sold for 50-100 TE, even though it was somewhat explained by the fact of a LOT of them being around. Players have to be carefull about not rushing things too soon, and it'll hurt for everyone involved, even themselves.
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Blindwisdom wrote:
Wasnt expecting a 9* to be out so soon . Thought at least they would wait for 8* to be tradable and then a year they are tradeable then release 9*. It may not look attractive but I think it looks pretty cool imo

I'm actually starting to wonder if 8*'s will be tradeable now that 9*'s are out. Leaving the top tier untradeable to encourage spending is one thing. But now that there's two untradeable tiers?

Although, it's more likely that new 8*'s in the future will become tradeable than the existing ones in our collection collecting dust on forgotten alts.
Back to top Go down
Tasaiomar
☆☆☆
Tasaiomar

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 1:52 pm

I can just imagine the burst of activity as everyone tries to remember their old GW rook alts. Honestly, I don't expect 8* will become tradeable. Too many other games have succeeded at getting people to pull for all their cards, and it's been too long that they've committed to this path. It is a shame that pretty soon you won't be able to trade a card for enough pure to compete in an event though. You can already put together a 7* team for under 100.
Back to top Go down
bboyyomama

bboyyomama

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 11:38 am

The good old days when 6* were worth thousands of te and 5* worth hundreds
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 11:44 am

bboyyomama wrote:
The good old days when 6* were worth thousands of te and 5* worth hundreds

A few 6* (and ever fewer 5*) out there have such prices. The problem lies in selling them at that particular price.
Back to top Go down
Sterlymobile
☆☆☆☆
Sterlymobile

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 4:03 am

If they were waiting for the right event to introduce rank 9*s then this upcoming panel event is the perfect one to do it. Lets hope they include tradeable 8*s hue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official discussion thread for 9*   Official discussion thread for 9* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official discussion thread for 9*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next