Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon

Go down 
+5
Vaati
KuroStar
Tattycoram
Ghost_Star
Aniwo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon Empty
PostSubject: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 7:55 am

Been a while without logging in the forums, and I'm surprised to not see a thread like this one... Specially when most players I used to play with (or still play) are considering quitting if they haven't already,

Events got into a loop of boredom, and actually having good units got to a point that is nonsense anymore (there are no events where you need to own good units actually). All what you need currently is Event Units and resources (to be specific, resources meaning pots and cash) to rank.

My question is, why bothering ranking for good units when you don't even need them later, because good units make nonsense (just for a limited time when they are EU maybe). Is just for the album? For bragging? Some weird stuff I still don't get study 

Now someone will come and spit, and say that GW needs good units to rank in.  Rolling Eyes (lmao)

So in the middle of this absurdity, I come up with the idea of ignoring EVENTS (because they smell) and do something else that has been nonsense since the beginning, but, that in my opinion, is gaining adepts and followers.

I'm talking about... BUILDING A DEFENSE!!!! Yes!! Building a defense, the always ignored and marginal part of this game, It is starting to shine as the events become more and more boring, and everyday I see more players interested in monsters, in poking defenses or in getting defenses tested (myself included of course), not just for bragging rights, but because feels like distorting the current purpose of the game, and it also has become funnier than playing the events, and quite more challenging than beating the (lolol) quests. Let's get the monsters lined up! Let's Pokémon!

Well, that was just my opinion and my proposal of revision in how to still enjoy this game (if you still play it). Objections and comments are welcome!

Have fun! And poke my defense  pig 
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 8:34 am

eh, there is always 'that guy' thats got to complain about the game being dead or the economy going to hell or... yea just complainers. I dont think I've ever played a game where there hasnt been at least 1 doom sayer. Really just because all your allies are leaving or someone takes a break doesnt mean the game is dead. if your board move on, no one needs to hear another complainer ramble on.
There is still a thriving community of players and the forums have only ever attracted a small % of players anyway.
People play the game and take breaks for find something else, its the way of life. If you dont cycle your allies by removing the ones that have moved on with active ones then you'll only ever see the game from the perspective of the players who are no longer interested in the game.

and just another side thought, i've always paid homage to my def ^^
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 8:51 am

Yeah I know what you mean Ghost. I also seen those rants since I started playing games (mostly "free to play" online games is where those happen) and of course Fanta.

I do not count myself on those whiners for no reason saying the same neverending song once and again, I think the game got to a really annoying point (I'm not saying ranking is impossible or getting stuff costs alot, I'm talking about the fun of playing itself), but as you said, it may be just a point of view, and due the people I play with as well (most of them been long term fanta players, meaning almost 2 years ingame). I don't know, mybe everything got old for us (hey, and we still play eh).

Oh and now I will poke your defense Ghost, just curious to see what's there Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 9:13 am

poke away ^^
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:44 am

Actually I think this is a legit issue and I don't see the OP as just whining. Pointing out the fact that the game is in fact moving away from a TCG to something else, which it is clearly doing (more untradable cards, higher importance of event units, and reprinting of rank and reward cards), is a legit topic that the community on this forum (if there were any anymore) should be happy to discuss and debate about, not just shut down as an illegitimate issue.  

Each of those three issues -- untradable cards, higher importance of event units, and reprinting of rank/reward -- are all NEW elements of the game. The developers ARE clearly evolving/changing the game and I think it is worth discussing. I agree with the OP I was floored when I came back after a break and did not see a robust discussion here about rank/reward reprints, etc.  

I completely disagree with you Ghost, this is NOT an illegitimate topic and not same old whining.  The OP is right, the old game is dead. I think it would be an interesting discussion about what this "new" game is and what makes people continue to play it (such as the OP interest in defense) I was wondering why the FORUM was so dead. Now I guess I see one possible reason why.

P.S. Yes I know that event units have always had some importance, but it was always variable event-to-event and there seems to be a lot more consistency now with their importance.

P.P.S. Feel free to test my defense for fun! I have some cool monsters and I don't revenge.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:54 pm

well if your actually going to discuss an issue as apposed to ramble on in a veiled attempt to brag about your defense then thats something completely different. I didnt say it was an illegitimate topic/issue, but may have been overly passive aggressive in terms of how it was presented.

As far as the untradeable cards, i think that it actually adds to the TCG allure as it provides uniqueness.... as in I was there for that event, i did what ever was needed as apposed to just coming in with a big wallet and buying everything. Its a way of showing that you were there when it happened. If you want to have a fuller album you not only have to show up during that event but in some cases really work for it.

think magic the gathering or other rl tcg's and how they will release unique cards for trade shows and events.

Additionally its kind of a slows the impact of 8* in the player base, by not allowing 8*'s to be tradeable it limits how many are out there, how many people have them and their impact on the market... which imo is actually a good thing. The release of 7*'s effected me much more in terms of pressure to get one to compete in events and allies lost than 8*'s have.

There has only been one event that had its rewards reprinted and there was a general consensus on the forums that they did right by limiting the reward units in a way that did not totally decimate their value. So really there has been alot of discussion about this already and i think the re-release of the Sitria 7* did a lot more damage to the community (those few that actually care) than the reprint of the demon tower.

Yes the game is changing, but think about it... would you really come back to a game that was exactly the way you left it? Yes some people go overboard and burn themselves out but that happens in every game. and yes there is some re-playability in old games that dont change buy you get that in the vain hope that they will replay some old event like they did with the demon tower (i so badly want arenas again).

as far as the forums being dead, i would say more like just limping along. but really its not an official forum, as there is none, so there is no real way for the larger player base to be informed of it. there is no in game indication in anyway that these forums are here. When the game first got going there was a big buzz toward the forums, i remember loads of wall posts like 'hey where did you find out about that' or 'whats next' and that would always lead to the forums, we use to need this place to get info but now the wiki has taken off and a lot of the players who were active in the forums just arnt anymore. anyway just because the forums arnt as active as they use to is not an indication of the game as a whole dying.

and i would say that any 'new' aspect to the game is not really 'new', its more like its been there the whole time but hasnt actually been released yet ^^

Tattycoram wrote:
The OP is right, the old game is dead.

and i would take issue with this as your making an entirely different point than the op
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:54 am

Hmmm yaeh Tatty you made kind of a different point. I don't hate reprints, I didn't even mention this. I embrace them (I actually have a FaithM thanks to the revisit of demon tower, so I'm glad they did that!)

I wouldn't mind if they do more towers and old arenas ("colo") even if they are event revisits, I think this would be really good to break with the current loop of the same type of events once and again,

Ghost Star wrote:
The release of 7*'s effected me much more in terms of pressure to get one to compete in events and allies lost than 8*'s have.

This is one of the things I consider that is non existent anymore. I don't feel any kind of pressure nor makes sense to own several good top tier units (currently, this would mean owning a 8*). 8* had no impact at all (yet) from my point of view, I mean, why do you need one unless it is a EU and you are competing? Not even all competitive players have one, and I don't think they would start kicking allies for not having one.

And is not like a 8* (a non EU 8*) gives you a lot of advantage (towards being just a 7*) in the following: panel, gifting, dice (by the way dice is my new favourite), maidens-princesses or whatever popularity, trainings, legion, GW. Ooops, I mentioned all the current events loop I think.That is why there is absoultely not pressure regarding them.

Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:42 am

Aniwo wrote:
Hmmm yaeh Tatty you made kind of a different point. I don't hate reprints, I didn't even mention this. I embrace them (I actually have a FaithM thanks to the revisit of demon tower, so I'm glad they did that!)

I wouldn't mind if they do more towers and old arenas ("colo") even if they are event revisits, I think this would be really good to break with the current loop of the same type of events once and again,

Ghost Star wrote:
The release of 7*'s effected me much more in terms of pressure to get one to compete in events and allies lost than 8*'s have.

This is one of the things I consider that is non existent anymore. I don't feel any kind of pressure nor makes sense to own several good top tier units (currently, this would mean owning a 8*). 8* had no impact at all (yet) from my point of view, I mean, why do you need one unless it is a EU and you are competing? Not even all competitive players have one, and I don't think they would start kicking allies for not having one.

And is not like a 8* (a non EU 8*)  gives you a lot of advantage (towards being just a 7*) in the following: panel, gifting, dice (by the way dice is my new favourite), maidens-princesses or whatever popularity, trainings, legion, GW. Ooops, I mentioned all the current events loop I think.That is why there is absoultely not pressure regarding them.

Also, 7* are currently easy to get, especially the untradeable ones. Although, some are really impossible like untradeable 7* from panel and training events since these events are mainly for spenders.

We also have Dream Tickets that can even let free players have a marginal chance of drawing a 7* or 8* AND we can also get the Chest 7* from Dice Events now as we know the fact that 7* can only be obtained when the roll requirement is 200 and above and we can get special cards to influence the rolls and get a high chance to successfully open the gold chests
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 6:01 am

Don't forget gifts event, where the 7*'s presence makes the TE fluid in a "meta" that rarely uses TE.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:05 am

I play to hoard cards, mostly 6*s, I like. Don't think anyone, except for memphy, is hoarding as many as I am.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:38 am

po1102 wrote:
I play to hoard cards, mostly 6*s, I like. Don't think anyone, except for memphy, is hoarding as many as I am.

He's not the only one, another ancient player called Marasca seems to be hoarding too.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 2:04 am

KuroStar wrote:
po1102 wrote:

He's not the only one, another ancient player called Marasca seems to be hoarding too.

Let's all hoard and forsake trading!
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:01 am

po1102 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
Soleina

Soleina

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:41 am

KuroStar wrote:
we can also get the Chest 7* from Dice Events now as we know the fact that 7* can only be obtained when the roll requirement is 200 and above

Not to be nitpicky but that's not completely true. I got Kamu from a roll requirement of 101. It seems that the higher the requirement, the more likely it is that a 7* is in an epic chest (and is almost 100% at a requirement of 200+).

As for the "dying game" thing, I agree with Ghost - there is always someone in every online that claims that the game is on its last legs. Untradeable cards make the game MORE enticing, not less (I know I'm not taking a planned break from fanta because I want Stefani7 and Uno from legion). And better event units makes people more likely to spend on packs, which keeps the money flowing for the devs and the economy flowing in the pursuit of eus.

Blah blah blah, stuff that people already said.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Soleina wrote:
KuroStar wrote:
we can also get the Chest 7* from Dice Events now as we know the fact that 7* can only be obtained when the roll requirement is 200 and above

Not to be nitpicky but that's not completely true. I got Kamu from a roll requirement of 101. It seems that the higher the requirement, the more likely it is that a 7* is in an epic chest (and is almost 100% at a requirement of 200+).

As for the "dying game" thing, I agree with Ghost - there is always someone in every online that claims that the game is on its last legs. Untradeable cards make the game MORE enticing, not less (I know I'm not taking a planned break from fanta because I want Stefani7 and Uno from legion). And better event units makes people more likely to spend on packs, which keeps the money flowing for the devs and the economy flowing in the pursuit of eus.

Blah blah blah, stuff that people already said.

Actually, I see most people saying this game is gonna be dead already... anyway, its nice to know you got Kamu for that low... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hunkamajunka
☆☆☆
Hunkamajunka

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Personally...the forum died due to the other fanta sites amd chats.
Being a,player going on two years I miss the personal aspect pf the game.
I think theybneed to include a cycling of cards (dare I say...like Magic TG)
Making certain cards after a cut off date useless. Vanity sure like loki minerva etc.
And something more rewarding than leana.

Stopped buying packs since last tower - training I ranked 16. So bitter ya but screw it

PS I miss the forum chat.

Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:47 pm

po1102 wrote:
KuroStar wrote:
po1102 wrote:

Meh.... I'm getting bored of this stupid game. Only playing cause Line friends keeping talking about it.

And also it's kinda hard to kick out of a habit.

Bored waiting for the person to get out of the toilet? Pop out my phone for Fanta.
Bored sitting on the toilet  Pop out my phone for Fanta.
Bored waiting for a train? Pop out my phone for Fanta.
Bored on the train? Pop out my phone for Fanta.
Bored at work? Pop out my phone for Fanta.
Bored walking home on the street? Pop out my phone for Fanta.
Bored on the dinner table? Pop out my phone for Fanta.
Bored waiting for loading times to finish on the PS3? Pop out my phone for Fanta.
Bored waiting for quests to finish on Fanta? Pop out a second phone for Fanta.

Okay... maybe I haven't finished playing this stupid game then...
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:34 am

So it's done. I quit  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Lol it was fun testing your def. I'm staying to see more of Fanta bullshits Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon   IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IS the game dead? The awful truth and nonsense of everything - Let's Pokémon
Page 1 of 1