Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Scammers and the asdurfut problem...

Go down 
+6
LuziMiazawa
KuroStar
Swansonronald
Amasuro
Hajkster
Kanata67
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanata67
☆☆

Scammers and the asdurfut problem... Empty
PostSubject: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 1:22 pm

Scammers suck.
I am aware that it is hard to prove someone a scammer and that fanta cares not in the least besides warning about all trades. To protect people I spam "asdurfut #58756168 = xdeb scammer:( " to anyone that posts on his wall. I interrupted an attempt to album edea just today. I can't watch that wall continuously however and they just clean their wall and go back to scamming. I know attacking helps as most are smart enough to not album with anyone with an absurd loss number, but there should be more that can be done. Asdurfut has scammed many and continues to do so. Hopefully some of his victims besides myself will post further details here and further warnings.
What I would really like to see is fanta give a damn when presented with an overwhelming body of evidence. Perhaps enough to either ban, or preferably trace the alts and shut all of them down at once.

Anyways, I was remarkably lucky in many ways but here is my story...

Asdurfut contacted me wanting to album xdeb with over value collateral. As I always want collateral that seemed acceptible. I was sent a valafar and responded with my xdeb. I immediately took valafar from inbox and sent back. Trade was responded to with a 4* Chris. Thankfully I noticed before accepting so canceled. I asked for my xdeb to be sent back but asdurfut went offline. So great... I just lost my dream card but at least I have a valafar I can probably trade to get a replacement... Right?
Well Valafar had been scammed from n3n33 56218004 it turns out. So I'm stuck without my dreamcard with valuable collateral I won't trade to anyone but n3n33, but I still want my xdeb back and n3n33 can't help there:( so there I am stuck with a valafar I didn't want missing my dream card and getting guilt trips for not giving the valafar back for free when it was my only chance to get my xdeb back. Here is where I got lucky because of damn nice people.
Forgottenreaper offered me a free Tania that I might be able to trade for an xdeb when I was first scammed. I declined as I didn't know the valafar was n3n33's at that point and didn't want to make a profit from being scammed as that seemed so very wrong. Once I did find out it was n3n33's valafar I contacted reaper inquiring if offer was still good so I could give the valafar back to rightful owner and at least one of us would have their dream cards. Out of the blue before reaper could respond, ranker darkshizvka traded a spare mb7 for an xdeb to give to me for valafar to in turn give to n3n33. Naturally I had to confirm with n33 because I had said I wouldn't trade the valafar to anyone else. Response was "do it", so we both got our dream cards back thanks to dark. I still feel bad that dark spent to make us happy but am very glad to have my dream card back, which obviously is never for trade or album again. On the plus side asdurfut lost a lot of value on the scam.

I will try to get others I know to post their asdurfut stories here as well. Maybe when enough do fanta might do something...

Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:59 pm

I have all sympathy in the world for people who get scammed, i feel sorry for them and if i got scammed myself i would probably would be angry too.

However, the way the trading system works there is no way, at all, that SS or mobage will do anything.

And as far as i know every single attempt hasn't resulted in anything. Only player education and spreading information can attempt to limit the amount of people getting scammed.

Im not telling you to do nothing, by all means, its a noble pursuit, im just telling you that expecting mobage or ss to do anything is a fruitless endeavour. They wont.
Back to top Go down
Amasuro
☆☆☆
Amasuro

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Hajkster wrote:
I have all sympathy in the world for people who get scammed, i feel sorry for them and if i got scammed myself i would probably would be angry too.

However, the way the trading system works there is no way, at all, that SS or mobage will do anything.

And as far as i know every single attempt hasn't resulted in anything. Only player education and spreading information can attempt to limit the amount of people getting scammed.

Im not telling you to do nothing, by all means, its a noble pursuit, im just telling you that expecting mobage or ss to do anything is a fruitless endeavour. They wont.
This, really. Mobage has even said in their announcements that any trades are done at your own risk, and any outcomes are your own personal responsibility. There is almost no chance that Mobage will ban a scammer because its the players fault for getting their card scammed.

That said, I'm really happy you got your card back. There's always a great player for every scammer in this game.
Back to top Go down
Swansonronald

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 11:43 pm

One issue is this idea of over collateral... I don't want to devalue a card but I saw valafar sell for 300 te 4 months ago... So the idea that her price is 500 te or whatever garbage people say is just wrong. Th other issue is why in the world would you album in the first place. That said, I won't do it myself but there are likely ways to get these accounts banned... Accounts are not banned for scamming but for abusing the terms of service. Just like lurtwa was banned for harassment you just have to present credible proof a user is doing something that violates the t.o.s...
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:39 am

Wait a minute, asdurfut won an auction for Valafar before. That can't be n3n33's Valafar, or maybe he has EXTRA Valafars!
Back to top Go down
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆
LuziMiazawa

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 8:34 am

KuroStar wrote:
Wait a minute, asdurfut won an auction for Valafar before. That can't be n3n33's Valafar, or maybe he has EXTRA Valafars!

It was a fake bid.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:39 pm

How to prevent scamming: Don't album.

* There's really no point other than having all of the pretty pictures in one place - wiki?

* It's RIPE hunting ground for thieves.

* Without Eunos, and now 8*'s, albuming is pointless.

* Even the most trusted allies can and will turn on you if they're greedy enough (coughBennymantascough)
Back to top Go down
Mhazard

Mhazard

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:31 am

xfalconhunterx wrote:
How to prevent scamming: Don't album.

* There's really no point other than having all of the pretty pictures in one place - wiki?

* It's RIPE hunting ground for thieves.

* Without Eunos, and now 8*'s, albuming is pointless.

* Even the most trusted allies can and will turn on you if they're greedy enough (coughBennymantascough)

still, to extend maximum unit slot limit, you'd need at least 200 unit albumed to raise the skill, perhaps albuming common 3*-5* with common 3*-5* might help?
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:45 pm

My album count is way higher than 200 and I never tried to album. I honestly thought/think albuming kinda silly. Unfortunately I like helping people...
More than 50% of my album count was from collateral sent by people wanting to album stuff I had with collateral. Obviously that is a thing of the past besides units I don't mind giving away from now on @_@

I gotta figure out how to get screen shots from my ipad display able here. asdurfut #58756168 was bragging about scamming a Lilith just a little while ago. He probably likes the notoriety, but this is like a pedophile working at an amusement park Sad
Back to top Go down
Mhazard

Mhazard

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:18 am

Kanata67 wrote:
My album count is way higher than 200 and I never tried to album. I honestly thought/think albuming kinda silly. Unfortunately I like helping people...
More than 50% of my album count was from collateral sent by people wanting to album stuff I had with collateral. Obviously that is a thing of the past besides units I don't mind giving away from now on @_@

I gotta figure out how to get screen shots from my ipad display able here. asdurfut #58756168 was bragging about scamming a Lilith just a little while ago. He probably likes the notoriety, but this is like a pedophile working at an amusement park Sad

On/Off button + Menu button pressed at the same time = screenshot
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:25 am

Screen shots I can do... It's the getting them from the fing ipad to here that's my problem lol. Do I need to find a image hosting site and then what...?
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:02 am

Kanata67 wrote:
Screen shots I can do... It's the getting them from the fing ipad to here that's my problem lol. Do I need to find a image hosting site and then what...?
you can upload to a image hosting site like photobucket, I think you can upload directly via an app. I generally just take my pictures to the computer then upload to photobucket .p.
then you post the img link here
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:32 am

imgur is also pretty easy to upload and post pictures here
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Scammers and the asdurfut problem... Imagejpg3_zps7d1a0b82

Last edited by Kanata67 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:08 pm

Did that work? Here is one of him responding on his own wall to my comment on an ally's wall that I managed to interrupt him mid scam.
Scammers and the asdurfut problem... Imagejpg2_zps86bc4cd1

Last edited by Kanata67 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:28 pm

I think I did that wrong somehow lol. Is there a way to edit posts?
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:19 pm

I don't see any problem, other than maybe your screenshot is a bit massive lol
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 7:56 pm

Scammer asdurfut 58756168 = easy wins. Almost at 1000 losses now. If that doesn't serve as a warning I don't know what will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scammers and the asdurfut problem...   Scammers and the asdurfut problem... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scammers and the asdurfut problem...
Page 1 of 1