Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

A Great Idea to deal with Scammers

Go down 
+12
bleachcosplay
Soulstalker
KuroStar
themadmanazn
myad
lmnseason
Panda
BkWiz
Kadaan
Onisunit
predator852
snofuzz
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
snofuzz

A Great Idea to deal with Scammers Empty
PostSubject: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Just recently, my ally has just scammed someone of their vlad and nina. I hope the issue is resolved soon. When I found this out, I told him to resolve it ASAP or things get worse, Like no luna and really bad battle record. In which case who has won the battle, the scammers alright. No matter what we do, in the end, they win regardless of no luna or bad battel record. So an Idea had popped in my mind instantly and I need the entire community to help, if you agree to the terms, I have already suggested on the mobage feed back and would like as many votes as possible to try to wake Fantasica and Mobage with a revolutionary way of dealing with scammers.

WE SHOULD START CHARGING LUNA FOR EVERYTHING WE DO IN GAME.

Here's the link please vote...

http://feedback.mobage.com/forums/156478-mobage/suggestions/3558958-start-charging-luna-for-everything-we-do-in-fantas

The reason why I thought of this was when everyone starts attacking the scammer, the luna receive dis only less than 100 luna, what if events and quests, were to charge a certain luna like 1000 to 5000 luna per quest or event. The scammer has no luna to participate in the events and would lose out in the fun of this game. So once the issue of scamming is resolved and the cards returned, the community knows this and will stop attacking and the scammer will be to collecting luna again in order to participate in events. What do you guys think of this.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:21 pm

snofuzz wrote:
Just recently, my ally has just scammed someone of their vlad and nina. I hope the issue is resolved soon. When I found this out, I told him to resolve it ASAP or things get worse, Like no luna and really bad battle record. In which case who has won the battle, the scammers alright. No matter what we do, in the end, they win regardless of no luna or bad battel record. So an Idea had popped in my mind instantly and I need the entire community to help, if you agree to the terms, I have already suggested on the mobage feed back and would like as many votes as possible to try to wake Fantasica and Mobage with a revolutionary way of dealing with scammers.

Here's the link please vote...

http://feedback.mobage.com/forums/156478-mobage/suggestions/3558958-start-charging-luna-for-everything-we-do-in-fantas

The reason why I thought of this was when everyone starts attacking the scammer, the luna receive dis only less than 100 luna, what if events and quests, were to charge a certain luna like 1000 to 5000 luna per quest or event. The scammer has no luna to participate in the events and would lose out in the fun of this game. So once the issue of scamming is resolved and the cards returned, the community knows this and will stop attacking and the scammer will be to collecting luna again in order to participate in events. What do you guys think of this.

OR, another idea: stop albuming things you're afraid to lose! I'm not sure why people keep doing it, or what exactly these scammers are saying to make these people accept trades of their Nina/Vlad/Loki/EVERYTHING but it's as much their fault as the person who scammed.

And don't give me that: "we didn't know speech" crap either. Like wow, SS posts a huge message after every announcement they post FOR THIS ONE ISSUE! Players talk about it all the time. The more I hear about it happening the more I really don't care. If some bum off the street, or some neighbor that's lived next to me for years but has never spoken to me (the metaphoric longterm ally) asks me to borrow my car to go to the store, the answer is NO! They'll get over it, and if they don't: Who cares???

You wan't a foolproof way to not get scammed: only accept trades that you would be happy with should they be final, and ignore all else. It's not SS's job to fix a problem they have tried to prevent, and have warned against, and that you decided to create anyway.

I'm probably a part of a small minority that thinks this way. But I'm also a part of the player base that has never been "scammed", or better put: "forced to deal with the consequences of their actions"
Back to top Go down
snofuzz

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:06 pm

True that. Things won't escalate to where it is if it didn't happen in the first place. Makes my idea worthless anyway.
Back to top Go down
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆
Onisunit

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 pm

snofuzz wrote:
One: Censored by Predator852

Predator852: Please refrain from using names until you have hard proof that they actally scammed.
1) Don't ask me what hard proof is, I was never briefed on the subject...
2) If you do have hard proof, post it in the scammer sticky in the trading section.
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:37 pm

predator852 wrote:
stop albuming things you're afraid to lose!

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
snofuzz

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Onisunit wrote:
snofuzz wrote:
One: that's a REALLY bad idea

Just wondering, why is it a really bad idea?
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Kadaan wrote:
predator852 wrote:
stop albuming things you're afraid to lose!

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue.

That's how I think to.

On a side note, this doesn't mean you take it lying down either...

There are so many things you can do which are still perfectly legal if you have the time and dedication to dig... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Panda

Panda

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Telling ppl to stop trading albums isnt helpful because people will always want to do that. (I do not do that myself) but card collecting and trading is something that people have been doing since card games came out! Look at Baseball cards, people STILL collect them! It's no different for Digital Card games.

At least Snofuzz tried.

Snofuzz, I like the idea BUT it would make it difficult for new members to participate in anything. (That and Luna has such little value obtaining 5*/6* cards) Also there is no guarantee that Scammers will even participate in events, it wont stop those people who are scamming others out of their cards and selling them through RMT. It will hurt the honest people more I think.

Mobage just needs to step up and start penalizing scammers. (Suspension, Banning, etc) They wont catch everyone and scamming will still happen but it will help some people at least.

Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:52 pm

I don't trust anybody other than some of my allies with indisputable status in the forum.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Panda wrote:
Telling ppl to stop trading albums isnt helpful because people will always want to do that. (I do not do that myself) but card collecting and trading is something that people have been doing since card games came out! Look at Baseball cards, people STILL collect them! It's no different for Digital Card games.

At least Snofuzz tried.

Snofuzz, I like the idea BUT it would make it difficult for new members to participate in anything. (That and Luna has such little value obtaining 5*/6* cards) Also there is no guarantee that Scammers will even participate in events, it wont stop those people who are scamming others out of their cards and selling them through RMT. It will hurt the honest people more I think.

Mobage just needs to step up and start penalizing scammers. (Suspension, Banning, etc) They wont catch everyone and scamming will still happen but it will help some people at least.

true... but in real physical card form, you're trading real cards. you trade.

album is just... no equivalent in real life. i mean... do you go and tell the person... can i touch that card so that i can say i have seen and touched it?

to me... if my album is not complete... i'm ok with it. i'm not going to lose sleep over it unless i meet someone nice enuff to let me album cards i dun have.

but if someone asked for my cards... i tell them politely that i dun do albums.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 pm

myad wrote:
Panda wrote:

At least Snofuzz tried.

true... but in real physical card form, you're trading real cards. you trade.

album is just... no equivalent in real life. i mean... do you go and tell the person... can i touch that card so that i can say i have seen and touched it?

to me... if my album is not complete... i'm ok with it. i'm not going to lose sleep over it unless i meet someone nice enuff to let me album cards i dun have.

but if someone asked for my cards... i tell them politely that i dun do albums.

In real life, there are Yugioh, Magic, Pokemon, Debit Card and Mastercard. Nobody lets other people album mastercards.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:22 am

I'm not saying don't album, or don't trade. I'm saying you're doing it wrong. If you want to album every single the do it by making trades for cards you don't have, then trading those cards for other cards you don't have.

Don't give other people the chance to keep your hard earned stuff for good should they desire because you want to be a good ally...They're not worth it.

Right now there are at least 100 great players I've met right here on the forum. I've met like 300 in game. If one of my maxed 6* everyday-allday allies dropped me because I wouldn't let them album a card I wouldn't skip a beat, I'd go on here or on the RCR and get a new, just as good ally in a second. AND I'D STILL HAVE MY STUFF!
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 am

Easy solution to album scammers. Ask for equivalent value collateral, problem solved.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:33 am

themadmanazn wrote:
Easy solution to album scammers. Ask for equivalent value collateral, problem solved.
A: heya... can i album your monica?
B: sure... i need collateral though... something of equivalent value
A: sure... what do you need?
B: A monica... *kidding* how about 1 Oktavia and another 150TE?
A: errrr... i need to also album Oktavia...

Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 am

myad wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

A monica!

Random thought but Myad I was looking at the Soul Hunters thread you managed and it...is...beautiful! No offense to Madman and Chaos (who do a nice job) but I think your thread has more info than the JP wiki on it!
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:45 am

myad wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

LOL Laughing

I understand many people who want to album don't have proper collateral. Solution is for those people to stop spending their time albuming and instead start grinding, leveling, trading up, and competing in events to obtain proper collateral.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:10 am

When i see all this, i feel that the suggestions there aren't foolproof. Just saying :/
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 am

hmmm...

actually, after a bit of thinking *ouch brain hurts*...

best way to eliminate scamming due to album is to basically remove this album feature. call it Unit Guide and have all the unit information shown. maybe allow users to turn off/ on the 'lights' (the shadow thingy we get now)... so they can keep track on their own if they wanted to, using this shadow method. if they dun wanna keep track, just click on the unit and everything is shown.

so, what about bragging rights? as the saying goes "show me the money"...

in this case...

leader it or you dun have it. Smile <-- i know of a few that actually rotate their 6* leader every 1-2 days... heck, could be even every few hours... can be annoying... but well, he's got the bragging rights. he's got them! Smile
Back to top Go down
Soulstalker

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:51 am

EZ solution is to ask SS/Mobage to change the way cards are added to the album. Instead of going into the album instantly, there should be a requirement that you keep the card in your hand for 24 hours before the card is added.

This would make anyone seriously consider their friendship to the "ally" before trading cards. And it would probably completely stop albuming from strangers.

Last edited by Soulstalker on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarified my statement. (lol it was late when I typed this up).)
Back to top Go down
bleachcosplay
☆☆☆
bleachcosplay

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:10 am

I have to say, I always wonder why anyone would give a person a 6* to album without getting collateral, but at the same time, I can't help but feel bad.

Some people have mentioned having an album option where the card is returned automatically, but that might defeat the purpose of albuming, since it would become too easy.

What about a loan option? Where someone could loan someone a card for 1-2 days? So the person could use it for a hard battle or albuming, but the card would automatically return after the time limit. Although that might make the game too easy.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:14 am

rent a card service...

pay Luna 200k luna for a service (in game)... the card gets automatically returned after 6 hours. Smile

Luna becomes useful. developer is happy that users are not complaining of scams...

but seriously... just removing this album feature would eliminate this scam thingy... no?
Back to top Go down
deedlit228
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:16 am

bleachcosplay wrote:
I have to say, I always wonder why anyone would give a person a 6* to album without getting collateral, but at the same time, I can't help but feel bad.

Some people have mentioned having an album option where the card is returned automatically, but that might defeat the purpose of albuming, since it would become too easy.

What about a loan option? Where someone could loan someone a card for 1-2 days? So the person could use it for a hard battle or albuming, but the card would automatically return after the time limit. Although that might make the game too easy.

I actually made a similar suggestion in the "Game Mechanics" thread regarding the issue of albuming. My thought would be to make it so that each person would have a limited amount of units they can "loan out" at a time, and they wouldn't have access to that loaned card until it gets returned, so that would put some constraints into the system.
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 am

predator852 wrote:
myad wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

A monica!

Random thought but Myad I was looking at the Soul Hunters thread you managed and it...is...beautiful! No offense to Madman and Chaos (who do a nice job) but I think your thread has more info than the JP wiki on it!

I tend just to keep my events threads very basic. I like Myads one too; with my work though I don't think I have time to do put all the information in =\. The basics, how the event works and prizes + unit bonuses. That will do for most players Smile
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 am

chaosbladeuk wrote:
predator852 wrote:
myad wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

A monica!

I tend just to keep my events threads very basic. I like Myads one too; with my work though I don't think I have time to do put all the information in =\. The basics, how the event works and prizes + unit bonuses. That will do for most players Smile

I like all of your threads. You seem to keep more tabs on the thread as it moves along, repeating info, answering questions, giving advice etc.

personally I admire all of your work because it seems a lot harder and more time consuming than just being a mod most of the time
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 am

i only trust a few people, some allies , some people from the forum.

other than those people i make sure i have the better end of the trade.
If they scam me i can get the same or more value of the scammed cards.

if they don't do it for a album trade they have bad intentions. simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Great Idea to deal with Scammers   A Great Idea to deal with Scammers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Great Idea to deal with Scammers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next