Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents

Go down 
+7
Vaati
MagnaCrimson
Amasuro
relaystration
Wahuh
Servantarcher
Spacebug
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents   Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:22 am

Lol yeah, even in the downward slope construction, it would not make sense for the guild with 0 losses to face a guild with 10 losses. It would mean they already defeated almost everyone in between. Regardless of how strong they are, I bet even they can't defeat several guilds in 1 match.
Back to top Go down
kungfoolai
☆☆
kungfoolai

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents   Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:04 am

Which battle# 31
How many opponents were deployed? 8
What rarity units/leads did your opponents mostly have? 6* and 2x 7* lead
What was your win / loss ratio before the start of the battle? 22W 8L
What was your rank before the start of the battle? 14
How many (active) guildies does your guild have? 9
What rarity units/leads does your guild mostly have? 8x 7* and 1 6*
What was roughly the final score of the battle? 780k to 24mil
Did you win or lose this battle? Win
Did you win or lose your previous battle? Loss
Back to top Go down
http://www.keithlaiarts3d.com/
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents   Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:58 am

I followed the advice of xxbLuxx from the fantasitrade chatango: 3W/day +2 wins at any point. Early losses help immensely.

We not only managed this with 1 battle to spare (we all went offline for battle 35 because battle 34 earned us W23 as we blew all of our remaining tonics (17mil - 600k.)

This formula netted us r296 and our opponents were by and large much more manageable - we had approx 5 active members for any given battle (some more, some less) and only 8 members overall.

Mostly 6* lineups with some filler 5*'s where needed. 1 7* (mine) and 1 7* added later (Cella pull from Dream Chest/Tix.)
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents   Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:33 am

^ thanks for sharing your experiences. For me, there's little doubt left that rank does play a role in the matching system. Win count is still the main driver, but rank comes after that. I've yet to find time to collate all the info here and produce some numbers to further quantify the likelihood of this.
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents   Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm still on the fence on how much ranking comes into play.

When we did the GW I noticed that at every step of the way there was as much as a 4 win differential between the teams around us.

That implies that the even though you're in the top 300, you don't actually have 300-400 other guilds to match with. Especially if you happen to have more wins than everyone else around you.

On the other hand, if it was strictly by rank then there's the possibility of spenders running into non-spendings more often, which would lead to spenders being able to run up the score to climb ranking (or at least keep pace easier).

That would be unfair to people trying to rank, so that would be a pretty good reason for SS to tie ranking into match making just to avoid giving randomly skewing the rank race.

Now taking personal experience, we were consistently in the top-end of wins for our rank (top-200) and only had the score run up on us one time (don't know what rank that guild was). So it seems unlikely we dodged all the heavy spenders despite what I said at the start (although I know we faced at least two ~50 ranked guilds, going 1-1 and the team we lost to *did not* run the score up so maybe running the score isn't that common).

I guess I'm leaning more towards subdividing by wins and rank after typing that out, I'm curious to see what numbers you come up with Spacebug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents   Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars - your experience in facing your opponents
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2