Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..

Go down 
+2
Ghost_Star
Isylia
6 posters

What to do about the spreadsheet?
Seperate by rank? [ex:1-4* and 5-7*]
3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_vote_lcap81%3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_vote_rcap
 81% [ 13 ]
Seperate by release? [ex: current and future]
3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_vote_lcap6%3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Remove some columns? [i duno, is there an unneeded one?]
3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_vote_lcap0%3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Host the spreadsheet somewhere else? [no idea where]
3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_vote_lcap13%3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Other suggestions? [post below please]
3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_vote_lcap0%3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Isylia
☆☆☆☆
Isylia

3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. Empty
PostSubject: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:27 pm

OK...AGAIN lol becuz for some odd reason the poll decided to not cooperate, chaosbladeuk said he could delete it and for me to make another post. So here i am, sorry to those that posted before, inviting you to post again.

For the option of HOsting elsewhere [ if someone knows where, please do post below and i'll check it out.]

Now the issue at hand [http://goo.gl/LaQyG], see how the images are not showing atm, well becuz google said the amt of data is way more than their page can handle. And so i'm putting up a poll so i can get an idea of what ppl would like to see on it and any sugguestions on how i can go bout handling the problem. I want to fix it so that the images will NOT BREAK again...tired of google srsly..broken like 5x already still the same problem...the units will always increase in number therefore the data will always increase..sorry for the rant.

Anyway so here was googles answer/suggestion to me.

3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. Myproblem_zps6d09ce2b

Last edited by Isylia on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:58 pm

have you considered reducing the size of the image or having the image linked to instead of stored inside? maybe it would be possible to store the thumbs for 3/4/5/6/7* on their own tab and then just link the main page to the proper thumb on the other tabs... would probably require some excel wizardry but might be possible....
if you were to use say microsoft pain and just save it as a bmp file that should instantly reduce the size of the image... you could also reduce the height and width of the image....
Back to top Go down
Isylia
☆☆☆☆
Isylia

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
have you considered reducing the size of the image or having the image linked to instead of stored inside? maybe it would be possible to store the thumbs for 3/4/5/6/7* on their own tab and then just link the main page to the proper thumb on the other tabs... would probably require some excel wizardry but might be possible....
if you were to use say microsoft pain and just save it as a bmp file that should instantly reduce the size of the image... you could also reduce the height and width of the image....
The google support person said the image wasn't the issue, it was the amt of information in the spreadsheet that was what the page can't handle.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the images are in fact linked from somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆
LuziMiazawa

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Isy, after you said in the chatbox there'll be sooner or later the problem again if we split the spreadsheet, because of the Units that'll be added, how about splitting it like that: 1-2* ; 3-4* ; 5-6* and a spreadsheet alone for the 7*s XD I'd also help you organisating them.

Or we could do 1* to 3*, because they won't release too much 1*s, 2*s or 3*s... Then 4*s to 5*s and 6*s to 7*s... Maybe that would work too.
Back to top Go down
Isylia
☆☆☆☆
Isylia

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:56 pm

LuziMiazawa wrote:
Isy, after you said in the chatbox there'll be sooner or later the problem again if we split the spreadsheet, because of the Units that'll be added, how about splitting it like that: 1-2* ; 3-4* ; 5-6* and a spreadsheet alone for the 7*s XD I'd also help you organisating them.

Or we could do 1* to 3*, because they won't release too much 1*s, 2*s or 3*s... Then 4*s to 5*s and 6*s to 7*s... Maybe that would work too.
lol i bet no one would ever look at 1-3* xD, the bulk of the spreadsheet is 4-6* so far
as time goes, the 7* will probably start fillin it up too. Thing is if its not in 1 spreadsheet its no longer Encyclopedia, i'll have to name it something else lol.
Back to top Go down
Resetz

Resetz

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Encyclopedia volume 1, 2, 3 etc...
Back to top Go down
Isylia
☆☆☆☆
Isylia

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Resetz wrote:
Encyclopedia volume 1, 2, 3 etc...
rofl!
Back to top Go down
Isylia
☆☆☆☆
Isylia

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:27 am

OK updating, Kadaan and I talked it over and he offered to make a page that would work like the spreadsheet. He even showed me a sample of it and i think i love it ;D icons with sprites! So we'll be working on it to make it smoother, so look forward to it...i know i am..no more broken images cuz 'it can't handle the data' >.>;
Back to top Go down
Waffles-12

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:55 pm

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for the new updated page. It all fits much nicer and the added MLB stats underneath the max stats is much more convenient. I recognize it's a work in progress, but wanted to let you know the arena damage seems to be off(unless the arena damage is different from colo damage which is what is listed elsewhere in the wiki). If it's not too much work, being able to sort by total stats is another feature many players like(even if it has no direct use during game play). Finally, are there any plans to make a similar page for monsters?

Thanks again for all of your time and hard work in making this great resource for our community. You all are great!

EDIT: Just noticed many units (incorrectly) have the same MLB air and sea stats listed. From what I can tell the Sea stat is being shown for both(Air is incorrect).

Last edited by Waffles-12 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isylia
☆☆☆☆
Isylia

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Waffles-12 wrote:
Just wanted to say a huge thanks for the new updated page. It all fits much nicer and the added MLB stats underneath the max stats is much more convenient. I recognize it's a work in progress, but wanted to let you know the arena damage seems to be off(unless the arena damage is different from colo damage which is what is listed elsewhere in the wiki). If it's not too much work, being able to sort by total stats is another feature many players like(even if it has no direct use during game play). Finally, are there any plans to make a similar page for monsters?

Thanks again for all of your time and hard work in making this great resource for our community. You all are great!
Kadaan told me as soon as he's able to make the Sortable Unit list smoother and easier to update, then he'll work on the monster list. ^^ He's adding more sorting options from what i'm aware, ill be helping with updating the sortable list on the wiki from now on, when it is an easier format to update.
Back to top Go down
BayushiKira
☆☆☆☆☆☆
BayushiKira

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:52 am

Separating by ranks would like be the way to go. Most users will likely have sort it out by ranks to begin with. Thanks for your labor of love. You spreadsheet has truly been a great help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..   3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3rd times a charm? Again bout the Spreadsheet..
Page 1 of 1