Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Which card do you feel has the worst art?

Go down 
+59
popka92
GoldoaWillNotMove
Psych
jmoon10
BkWiz
ilovecards
Insainidjit
Mecheon
DistortedIllusion
Exile
ForLulzz
Bob Backspin
CheeseBagle
Kharistos
Sh4d0w927
Suoutheipad
Maggot
dalenaria
Momokomoko
likonnik
krissy06k
SuperErtoy
Lmrt
killzoneX13
gaillardia
kenthezebra
Sichyras
Aniwo
aubade888
themadmanazn
bigmack411
bluerexx
Hajkster
abuqasar
Tentacle Love
sGabe4
lmnseason
KuroStar
meximan1390
cliffbiram
Ilyere
Piggers
sycovenom
Tattycoram
shure
Demando
louischanks
paveljevs
hoomee
equals399
Wahuh
zephinx
kfcjamal
rankodd
redyr123
Abyssight
rustyoldnail
ZucchiniQueen
joeladams20
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:04 pm

rankodd wrote:
I have to put a vote in for Sagrado, the Melee Angel of Indeterminate Gender. Pale white skin, white armour, white-blond hair, a paper tube for a sword and a dustbin lid for a shield. Gah.

This is where we learn that art is definitely subjective.

I love Sagrado's artwork, have no issues with determining his gender, love the armored wings etc. I don't get the Sagrado hate.
Back to top Go down
meximan1390
☆☆☆☆
meximan1390

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:39 pm

cliffbiram wrote:
rankodd wrote:
I have to put a vote in for Sagrado, the Melee Angel of Indeterminate Gender. Pale white skin, white armour, white-blond hair, a paper tube for a sword and a dustbin lid for a shield. Gah.

I love Sagrado's artwork, have no issues with determining his gender, love the armored wings etc.  I don't get the Sagrado hate.  

I'm not a fan of his art either, it would be better if he had anything that wasn't white. I do have an ally who loves him, she calls him her sexy sheep man lol.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:19 am

Come on guys...

SOGNO IS THE WORST.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:03 am

All cards are drawn out of real life human proportion.

Feels good to let this out. Smile
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 6:49 am

I don't get all the hate for the dream breakers
I especially like Sogno
she's a sucky unit, but not cause of her art

I'd like to nominate Cecilia, but I know literally no one would agree with me
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:57 am

I actually like Sogno's art as well. Being that they like to draw she-male types- I feel they had to at least touch on the bondage look. I think this is still tasteful enough. And I can cleary DEFINITELY identify her as a woman at first glance... which is always nice.

I could have seen them doing way worse with the bondage look. Now, if only her attack would end up being useful.

What don't you like with Cecilia's art? I think I saw Cecilia and Sogno out shopping at the same hat store.
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Rem, I personally didn't like, but her sprite made her grow on me very fast, and I'll defend her if need be.

I don't see the hate for Partenope. She's not bad.

I have to agree with Sogno though. I mean every one else has their place, but Sogno is wearing spikes for no damn reason and is holdinng a stick with a leather strap and a Christmas tree star painted blue-black, and she's... what? I seriously don't get anything about her art. She's not dreamy, she's not even nightmarish, she's just something that would make you wake up and say "What the hell did I eat last night?"
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:15 pm

I've had an ally using Sogno for close to 2 weeks. I like the style of the dream breakers but i can definitely agree on Sogno being a little... unusual Shocked 

Nobody say anything about Melone? I dont hate the art but i just feel a little weirded out they gave us a pregnant lady. Rolling Eyes

Spoiler:

EDIT: Shes holding a melon BUT STILL
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 8:57 pm

abuqasar wrote:
I've had an ally using Sogno for close to 2 weeks. I like the style of the dream breakers but i can definitely agree on Sogno being a little... unusual Shocked 

Nobody say anything about Melone? I dont hate the art but i just feel a little weirded out they gave us a pregnant lady. Rolling Eyes

Spoiler:

EDIT: Shes holding a melon BUT STILL

A melon for her melons... I don't understand... she is so pretty!! Smile I like her. I do have to agree that her holding the melon is on the odd side, though.
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:08 pm

cliffbiram wrote:
rankodd wrote:

I love Sagrado's artwork, have no issues with determining his gender, love the armored wings etc.  I don't get the Sagrado hate.  

I dislike sagrados sprite if anything. Its just, white... with a blue shield.
Back to top Go down
bluerexx
☆☆
bluerexx

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:22 am

After reading this thread, makes me realize that there is such a thing as breaststroke being too big! Glad I'm not the only one!
Back to top Go down
bigmack411

bigmack411

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Ok so its by no means the ugliest artwork, but I have to say the 4* Kappa really disturbs me Sad
I mean what kind of pervert drew a crying turtle girl holding a giant pickle? O.o
Actually most of the cards that look like little girls don't sit well with me
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:52 pm

I feel like people are confusing quality of art with how a character or style looks...
Back to top Go down
bigmack411

bigmack411

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Oh I totally got that, that's why I said it was by no means the worst art. Its actually quite good. But if you think about it what is drawn/illustrated has a lot to do with whether or not someone will perceive it as 'good'. For example if you drew a penis and you drew it really well it would then be considered good artwork. However I seriously doubt anyone will like it. Considering how our society is, how popular something is technically determines how 'good' or 'bad' it is. Thus making it terrible art
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:12 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
I feel like people are confusing quality of art with how a character or style looks...

No offense is intended by this post: but I feel art is subjective.  I don't think quality is the deciding factor in anything art related in life.  A real life example: See Mona Lisa. YUCK!

I think art is about connection Smile
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Well... depends really... much of modern art can be controversial. Have you heard of the My Lonesome Cowboy for example?

http://shape-and-colour.com/2008/05/16/murakamis-my-lonesome-cowboy-15-million/

Last edited by themadmanazn on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:17 pm

I nominate Tugba, Thrain, Sogno, and Ivy.

I measure worst art by the cards that I would be most sad if I pulled them.  I haven't studied the arts, so I don't know if Tugba is a great work of art due to the technical aspects of her design. However, it doesn't really matter for a game like fanta, since popular art=value. If people dislike the style of the dreambreakers they aren't going to buy packs or trade for them (unless competing of course). No one is gonna look at the shading on Ivy's face and be like "damn, I wanna pay 100 TE for that."

Last edited by aubade888 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:18 pm

joeladams20 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

No offense is intended by this post: but I feel art is subjective.  I don't think quality is the deciding factor in anything art related in life.  A real life example: See Mona Lisa. YUCK!

I think art is about connection Smile

It is not mutually exclusive. Art has both a subjective and objective side. However I believe it is wrong to call art "bad" simply because you disagree with the subject matter or vision the artist is trying to convey. Art can be good to me on merits of technique or skill required to make the art.
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:19 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Well... depends really... much of modern art can be controversial. Have you heard of the My Lonesome Cowboy for example?

Wow.  I had not.  Um.  <- thats my only comment on that one.  

I feel art is about connection.  Whether positive or negative.  And what you just have shown me has definitely gave me an opinion haha! Smile
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:24 pm

Sagrado. Looks like it's not even a finished artwork? Not only is gross, the art is yuck and the coloring is poor.
Back to top Go down
bigmack411

bigmack411

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:42 pm

themadmanazn wrote:

Ok by posting this you just strengthened my argument that depending on how people perceive something determines how good it is. Is the sculpture done well? Sure, even though I tried to not focus on it too much. Did the artist successfully convey his idea? I guess so. Was this overall a creative idea? I've never seen it before so yes. Is it good art? No, in my opinion.
In the end. Is it a good sculpture? Yes. Is it good art? No
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:20 pm

I guess if somehow you are a better judge of art than the next guy...
Back to top Go down
bigmack411

bigmack411

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Well that's the point isn't it? You have no right to tell me my opinion of art is correct or not. So if you want you can go buy that sculpture for $15 million and admire the quality of work that guy put into a boy jerking off...
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:05 pm

I am not saying you can't like or dislike a work of art, however, whether you like it or dislike it does not make it not a work of art. Bad art, at least to me, is poorly done art, not artwork I disagree with the subject matter of.
Back to top Go down
bigmack411

bigmack411

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Well I feel that there are many people out there that can draw or paint just as well as the next guy and not be considered good artists whereas the other is considered great. The level of popularity of what you're discussing is directly related to how good or bad it is. Sorry not everyone can be a winner in the real world as much as they'd like you to believe in schools these days. Not all art can be good. Some must be better than others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which card do you feel has the worst art?   Which card do you feel has the worst art? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which card do you feel has the worst art?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next