Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right

Go down 
+11
Admin
zTrace
SeraphShaun
ptrang
clocksprocket
pnoytroi
Valhades
Varis
Wonju
tzerherman
DarklingJade
15 posters
AuthorMessage
DarklingJade

A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right Empty
PostSubject: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:11 am

This is my first time posting on this forum so forgive me if I'm placing this in the wrong section.
At the end of last week I was able to buy a box set. I have only bought a few of them because I can't afford too. so it made my day when a 6* Nina card was drawn. it was a dream come true. I've been very lucky with my allies. they've been amazing and maybe that's why I did what I did. but I was asked by 47536461 ancientstonn if he could ally me.I said yes. he had a card as his lead that I had yet to album. me being trusting and wanting to be nice to an ally I asked if we could album swap. I know many of you're cringing right now but I've had wonderful allies who let me trade a 1* to album their 6*. trust is important to me. anyway he agreed to the album swap. so there was a written Agreement on our pages. we made the first trade with no problem but when I sent him his Emma back he refused to talk to me or return my card. As you can imagine, I was upset. all my allies rushed to my aid but the scammer wouldn't admit wrong or return my card. I went to mobage for help and they sent me to fantasica without a glance. fantasica at first played the third party part and said all trades final so sorry. but then the flow of emails on my behalf started in. I earned their trust and they were paying it forward. after receiving so many emails they admitted they would investigate. I'm trying to be patient but its hard. this person stole real money from me. it was real money that paid for the card so it was real money he stole. the worst part is that I had his Emma and he sent back 10 time elixers , I was so upset and my hands trembling so badly I touched accept instead of cancel. This has ruined what was once a great game. how can mobage and fantasica not do something to protect its players? I'm challenging them to do the right thing. ban that player and return my card to me. show that real players are more important to you than scammers. I will not play this game if nothing is done and that player is allowed to go on scamming others. furthermore why not adopt a stamping system? Make it so that every few days you get a stamp just like you consign elixer. and potions. but to use it on a card you don't have you give 100 brave points to the cards owner and like the soul.stones it costs 10000 Luna. make them soul bound or make them an item you can purchase. everyone wants to get all the album finished. this way would protect the players from scammers and mobage. would profit.
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
tzerherman

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:59 am

DarklingJade wrote:
This is my first time posting on this forum so forgive me if I'm placing this in the wrong section.
At the end of last week I was able to buy a box set. I have only bought a few of them because I can't afford too. so it made my day when a 6* Nina card was drawn. it was a dream come true. I've been very lucky with my allies. they've been amazing and maybe that's why I did what I did. but I was asked by 47536461 ancientstonn if he could ally me.I said yes. he had a card as his lead that I had yet to album. me being trusting and wanting to be nice to an ally I asked if we could album swap. I know many of you're cringing right now but I've had wonderful allies who let me trade a 1* to album their 6*. trust is important to me. anyway he agreed to the album swap. so there was a written Agreement on our pages. we made the first trade with no problem but when I sent him his Emma back he refused to talk to me or return my card. As you can imagine, I was upset. all my allies rushed to my aid but the scammer wouldn't admit wrong or return my card. I went to mobage for help and they sent me to fantasica without a glance. fantasica at first played the third party part and said all trades final so sorry. but then the flow of emails on my behalf started in. I earned their trust and they were paying it forward. after receiving so many emails they admitted they would investigate. I'm trying to be patient but its hard. this person stole real money from me. it was real money that paid for the card so it was real money he stole. the worst part is that I had his Emma and he sent back 10 time elixers , I was so upset and my hands trembling so badly I touched accept instead of cancel. This has ruined what was once a great game. how can mobage and fantasica not do something to protect its players? I'm challenging them to do the right thing. ban that player and return my card to me. show that real players are more important to you than scammers. I will not play this game if nothing is done and that player is allowed to go on scamming others. furthermore why not adopt a stamping system? Make it so that every few days you get a stamp just like you consign elixer. and potions. but to use it on a card you don't have you give 100 brave points to the cards owner and like the soul.stones it costs 10000 Luna. make them soul bound or make them an item you can purchase. everyone wants to get all the album finished. this way would protect the players from scammers and mobage. would profit.

I am one of the oldest players in this game, and i have emailed Silicon many times, to pursue my and some other scammers. Out of about 7 cases that i reported, only one was banned, and he wasnt even banned for scamming players cards, it was because he said some racist stuff, that i could screenshot and send as solid evidence for him to be banned. But he didnt give up, came back, scammed his old allies, and now is playing under the 'trade-down' account. That proves how INEFFICIENT Silicon is. Most of the scammers that i reported i had attached evidence to as well. This is bullshit, and they know it. Players are paying BIG amounts of money, to buy cards, and yet, you guys, as 'support' team, doesnt give a f**k when we are scammed? Complete bullshit. I have sent another email, telling them that they lost all my trust in them, and that i will spread the word about how useless they are until they actually do their work as a support team and create peace to the Fantasica community. But to make them aware, i cant just do this alone. I hope EVERYONE can send emails, and tell them to fix this, ban the scammers, and restore peace to Fantasica. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Wonju
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:03 am

Yup. I just cringed...
I'm pretty similar to you. I've always been pretty trusting. But there's a fine line between being trusting and downright gullible. That's why I know who my friends are when I have no rare cards. Those friends usually are honest. I know this comment alone will probably be looked down upon, as scamming is more of a commodity than any game I have ever played, so I wouldn't take my advice to seriously. And if he was a new ally, just don't trust him. Allies mean virtually nothing. Its when you actually get to know them.
And always be careful with any 5* or better. Just dont let go of it.
And honestly, Fantasica won't do anything. They'll say theyll try to do something, but they won't.Don't ask me why, but many Devs don't do stuff like this for players.
Back to top Go down
Varis
☆☆☆
Varis

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:31 am

This is probably going to wind up sound more harsh than I intend it to be, but it has to be said. I am sorry that you all got scammed, and I would love to see the people that do the scamming get what's coming to them, but it's very unlikely to happen.

The world is full of people that love to take advantage of others, and they have a harder (by comparison) time doing that in the real world where it's easier to sue them, press charges against them, get them thrown out of establishments, and any number of other measures to eliminate such unwanted folk from your midst.

They don't have that kind of problem on the internet due to anonymity and a true global community that's still bound by national laws that end at each country's border. As a result, all those people that have that type of mindset find their way into games like these, and flourish on other people's naiveté. You cannot go blissfully through life on the internet expecting the best out of everyone else, and assuming they're trustworthy. Until you really get to know the person behind the pixels, assume they cannot be trusted.

The fact that you would take any kind of collateral at all when doing album trades hints at the fact that deep down you know it's risky to do it. Go that extra step further and make sure that the collateral you're taking is actually something you'd be satisfied with if the person you're trading with decides to run off with your card(s). That's the whole point of collateral. If what you're receiving for collateral isn't comparable to you, then it's not worth the risk. If the other person doesn't want to give you an even value as collateral, then that should REALLY set off some red flags.

Protect yourself, because nobody else is going to do it for you.
Back to top Go down
Valhades
☆☆
Valhades

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:45 am

tzerherman wrote:
I am one of the oldest youngest players in this game

Fixed for you, haha.

Keep in mind that the North American Mobage team are only in charge of localization so the number of staff they employ must be quite small (even across games). The small number of staff they do employ have to worry about important things (from a business perspective) such as localizing updates and ensuring that payment systems never go down. Their design philosophy is much like the Showtime Rotisserie, "Set it, and forget it!". Bringing up logs and analyzing them can take a substantial amount of time and false (or misleading) reports can result in wasted time. I don't see any logical reason for them to waste time investigating in something that is clearly not their fault. Unless people start losing their accounts due to lack of operational security, I have no qualms with Mobage.

I do recommend you indicate to Mobage the amount of money you've spent and the amount of money they're potentially losing if they don't help you. Try to sound a bit more articulate, otherwise they'll assume you're some punk kid that's not going to generate revenue anyways. Your best bet is to appeal to the business side of things rather than being a drama queen and over sensationalizing things.

They may or may not help you, don't get your hopes up. At least you've learned an important life lesson about trusting people beyond arm's reach.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:59 am

I feel really bad that this has happened to you (and to others.)

Not to sound harsh but as someone said it already don't trust anyone. When I migrated to this game from Rage of Bahamut where I've spent plenty of money on and got scammed plenty of times because I was a "noob", I brought along with me the knowledge that when you get good cards, people will always try.. Not not "try"... "will" scam you out of your hard earned card. Let this be a lesson in the future to not trust people. I will trust you enough to give you pointers if asked based on my opinion, help you out in any way possible to make sure that you enjoy the game, but never will I let anyone "album" my cards unless I know them in real life (I.e. friends or family or co-workers that I see on a daily basis) and I can wring my hands around their neck if they decide to double cross me >_< lol

Don't let this one incident harbor any ill will towards playing the game. Take it as a lesson learned, and steel yourself with the knowledge of ever doing it again, use the resources within this forum to equip yourself with the knowledge to ensure that you will enjoy playing and trading in the future :-)

Done with my rant, I'm beat from work.. Might go to sleep soon lol

And once again, I'm sorry that it happened to you.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:35 am

I wish I could make everyone read my "how to not get scammed" sticky (which, in my opinion, is common sense as it is, but not common sense enough apparently) or rub everyone's faces into threads like these to get them to stay away from album trades.

If I was a more malicious person, I would probably have a few 6* cards by now. All I'd have to do is ask enough players and find one trusting enough to do an album trade with me -- yeah man, I'll give you this erhard as collateral, it's my main card, plus my album is almost done, let's do this -- and then the rest would be history. But I'm not -- a malicious person, or a scamming type person. I play my games fair. But it's important to realize so many of these people exist and they'll have no issue taking your paid-for-by-real-money cards away from you.

DO NOT DO ALBUM TRADES. DO NOT DO THEM FOR LOWER COLLATERAL. DO NOT DO THEM WITH RANDOM STRANGERS. DO NOT DO THEM WITH YOUR ALLIES. EVEN DO NOT DO THEM WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

Just because you have had nice allies who have allowed you to successfully album trade for little collateral, etc, doesn't mean everyone is like that. Protect your goddamn money, folks.

As for mobage/silicon -- mobage is in charge of bringing this to the US, silicon is way out there somewhere busy with other shit. There are SO many people in the game, and I can see it from the dev's perspective -- handling every case is too time consuming and perhaps not rewarding from a cost-benefit perspective. All they have to tell you is that you chose to conduct a trade that was not to your benefit and that they can't get your stuff back for you. Your 6* or 5* didn't one day just up and disappear out of your account -- you chose to do something with it. Sad, but the unfortunate truth that I am sure is the most common justification.
Back to top Go down
ptrang

ptrang

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 pm

utinni77 wrote:
This is probably going to wind up sound more harsh than I intend it to be, but it has to be said. I am sorry that you all got scammed, and I would love to see the people that do the scamming get what's coming to them, but it's very unlikely to happen.

The world is full of people that love to take advantage of others, and they have a harder (by comparison) time doing that in the real world where it's easier to sue them, press charges against them, get them thrown out of establishments, and any number of other measures to eliminate such unwanted folk from your midst.

They don't have that kind of problem on the internet due to anonymity and a true global community that's still bound by national laws that end at each country's border. As a result, all those people that have that type of mindset find their way into games like these, and flourish on other people's naiveté. You cannot go blissfully through life on the internet expecting the best out of everyone else, and assuming they're trustworthy. Until you really get to know the person behind the pixels, assume they cannot be trusted.

The fact that you would take any kind of collateral at all when doing album trades hints at the fact that deep down you know it's risky to do it. Go that extra step further and make sure that the collateral you're taking is actually something you'd be satisfied with if the person you're trading with decides to run off with your card(s). That's the whole point of collateral. If what you're receiving for collateral isn't comparable to you, then it's not worth the risk. If the other person doesn't want to give you an even value as collateral, then that should REALLY set off some red flags.

Protect yourself, because nobody else is going to do it for you.

Nail in the coffin there. Nice post.

Don't hate on ILLnevaDIE / Trade-down. I visit him everyday for my 30ks.
Back to top Go down
SeraphShaun

SeraphShaun

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
I wish I could make everyone read my "how to not get scammed" sticky (which, in my opinion, is common sense as it is, but not common sense enough apparently) or rub everyone's faces into threads like these to get them to stay away from album trades.

If I was a more malicious person, I would probably have a few 6* cards by now. All I'd have to do is ask enough players and find one trusting enough to do an album trade with me -- yeah man, I'll give you this erhard as collateral, it's my main card, plus my album is almost done, let's do this -- and then the rest would be history. But I'm not -- a malicious person, or a scamming type person. I play my games fair. But it's important to realize so many of these people exist and they'll have no issue taking your paid-for-by-real-money cards away from you.

DO NOT DO ALBUM TRADES. DO NOT DO THEM FOR LOWER COLLATERAL. DO NOT DO THEM WITH RANDOM STRANGERS. DO NOT DO THEM WITH YOUR ALLIES. EVEN DO NOT DO THEM WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

Just because you have had nice allies who have allowed you to successfully album trade for little collateral, etc, doesn't mean everyone is like that. Protect your goddamn money, folks.

As for mobage/silicon -- mobage is in charge of bringing this to the US, silicon is way out there somewhere busy with other shit. There are SO many people in the game, and I can see it from the dev's perspective -- handling every case is too time consuming and perhaps not rewarding from a cost-benefit perspective. All they have to tell you is that you chose to conduct a trade that was not to your benefit and that they can't get your stuff back for you. Your 6* or 5* didn't one day just up and disappear out of your account -- you chose to do something with it. Sad, but the unfortunate truth that I am sure is the most common justification.

What Clock said. I read all the posts there and I can understand that Silicon studios are unable to ban or forcefully return the card because the trade was done under the TC (topic creator')'s own free will. That is why I will NEVER do album trades, even with my very trusted group of allies. I have seen people turned their backs for less, and if they value me, they will understand and respect my decision. Same for them too.

If not, they are just another stranger in this game.

All the same, TC. Here's wishing you score a good card and keep it safe this time. bounce
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
tzerherman

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:09 am

Of course, most of the people who got scammed recently are not forum users.... so i think your sticky does have some effect, but only on the people who uses the forum regularly. But yes, after i got scammed, which was like 2 months ago, i havent been scammed at all because i do know how to prevent that and who i can trust now.
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
tzerherman

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:09 am

ptrang wrote:

Wink
Back to top Go down
SeraphShaun

SeraphShaun

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:10 am

tzerherman wrote:
ptrang wrote:

Wink

*coughs hard*
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
tzerherman

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:11 am

SeraphShaun wrote:
tzerherman wrote:
ptrang wrote:

Wink

*coughs hard*
? haha
Back to top Go down
SeraphShaun

SeraphShaun

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:40 am

Fanta probably caught wind of our trading / albuming winds and gave pretty good warnings there.

I pray that all newcomers and old times to please read the announcements seriously, as the moderators are rather firm in their stand that ALL TRADES ARE FINAL

Happy weekend, all!

cheers
Back to top Go down
zTrace

zTrace

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 5:30 pm

awww i feel so bad for you =( TBH i've been scammed before (not in this game)... TBH I'm scared to trade people cards just to album because I know (with the luck i have) i'll get scammed for sure.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Then don't do album swaps! That simple! (:

I've done quite a few with people on this forum, but it's mostly been even (3* for 3*/4* for 4*/event for event). Even then I would probably not give my Edgar/Erhard as collateral. It's easier to forgo an album trade than to realize you're down some of your best cards.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Again, for one last time, DO NOT ALBUM TRADE UNLESS YOU ARE CONTENT WITH WHAT YOU ARE GETTING AS COLLATERAL. YOU WOULD NOT GET A LOAN FROM THE BANK IF YOU PUT YOUR PET ROCK UP AS COLLATERAL.
Back to top Go down
hyerty

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:13 pm

No offense but they warn you the player, themselves, that whatever happens in a trade is none of their problem and you should beware. Basically..use your brain..srry.
Back to top Go down
Khos

PostSubject: feel so bad for you   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:35 am

i feel so bad for you but the rest of the posts are right. unless its my brother im trading with, i dont trade with anyone without taking collateral. always take a higher card as insurance that way you're not screwed. if they say no, politely decline...that is your right. . im pretty new to this game too, when im asked to show a card, i set it as my leader and tell them to look at it. when it comes to trades i do it on a 1 for 1 basis and i ask them to send first. ive dealt with all my trades honestly so no bad rep for me on others message boards. (thats 1 tip ala the sticky) Hope you keep playing dont let lemons sour the rest of us that are sweet Very Happy. and now that your on this forum use their middlemen
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:45 am

zTrace wrote:
awww i feel so bad for you =( TBH i've been scammed before (not in this game)... TBH I'm scared to trade people cards just to album because I know (with the luck i have) i'll get scammed for sure.

its in your right to say no
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 pm

I have a very mixed feeling on this matter.

On one hand, I really really loathe the fact that such people pollute our world; how can they face themselves after doing such shameless acts? Don't they have any pride? Any morals? Do they actually feel good by doing stuff like this? It makes me so angry just thinking about it.

On the other hand, I feel 0 sympathy for people who get scammed.

I've been playing multiplayer games since I was 9-10. I have never been scammed. I really don't see how one can get scammed if one just used even a little bit of common sense; I mean if they somehow hacked the system then that's not your fault, but this kind of scamming is way too obvious.

The fact of the matter is, you agreed to make the trades; nothing in this world has an inherent value assigned to it; its worth how much people think its worth. So really, you agreed to trading away your items, the other player did nothing wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right   A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A challenge to fantasica ti do what's right
Page 1 of 1