Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED

Go down 
+2
Abyssight
cliffbiram
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED Empty
PostSubject: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:59 pm

I just ran the latest Solo event 40-8 with Lilith and her poison never proc'd.  I'm used to seeing two numbers flash by, even when one-shotting monsters but only her normal damage numbers pop up.  

When the Succubus showed up, Lilith did 0 damage to her, because the monster was totally immune to her magic attack and the poison attack was not proc'ing.  

Stunningly, a lvl 147 Lilith cannot solo 40-8

I tried a second time with Armure and even though she did damage, her slow never effected the succubus.

I will try this again when the cool down is up with a melee poison unit, to see if this is a problem with poison or just Lilith.

Is there a special ability that the Incubus and Succubus have that make them immune to skills like slow and poison?

Last edited by cliffbiram on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Update:

I just ran the quest with Elizabeth and am definitely getting 2 sets of numbers to pop up.

Next I will run it with Valafar to see if I only get one set. Maybe Elizabeth is not hitting quite hard enough to instantly kill the monsters with her ground attack only and the poison has a split second to tick but it looks like she is one shotting them?

Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:30 pm

The poison damage does not show if you one-shot the monster with the attack damage alone.

The poison does not proc on Succubus because she is immune to magic. My Borage deals both sets of damage on her just fine.
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Abyssight wrote:
The poison damage does not show if you one-shot the monster with the attack damage alone.

The poison does not proc on Succubus because she is immune to magic. My Borage deals both sets of damage on her just fine.

OK, I guess that settles that. There were some comments a while back stating that Poison gets around the monsters immunity, but it sounds like the monster must still take "some" primary damage before the poison will kick off. So given that, Lilith should get a poison proc off on an A magic defense monster, but not an S magic defense.
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi

Yoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:34 pm

All monsters with "S" stat for magic are completely immune to all magic units
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Yoruichi wrote:

Yes, I knew that. I was just under the impression that Poison did not count as "magic" and would still proc. On monsters with high immunity like A or B poison seems to get its full benefit. Apparently you still must do "some" base damage for the effect to proc.

I was also thrown off by the fact that the Incubus's were not getting poison ticks but I guess I never had a poison unit that hit so hard it one shot a monster before the first poison tick would go off. Paris always seemed to get both numbers.
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi

Yoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:46 pm

You've pretty much summed it up haha Smile
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Yoruichi wrote:

Imps are not immune.
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:20 pm

BkWiz wrote:
Yoruichi wrote:

Imps are not immune.

Good point! it must be a combination of immunity class (s) and unit rarity (2* vs 6* monster)
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:06 pm

I've heard that Lilith was almost able to solo that mission but unable to do so with just the poison damage.

It may be a combination of lag and the device you're using, which would be very odd.

But since I know at least one user who loves poison explicitly because it bypasses resistances, you're probably encountering a bug and might want to find a way to report it.
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:09 pm

cliffbiram wrote:
BkWiz wrote:
Yoruichi wrote:

Imps are not immune.

Good point!  it must be a combination of immunity class (s) and unit rarity (2* vs 6* monster)
Every monster has different damage resistances even the letter is the same. The letter only gives a rough overview of the amount of damage a monster takes.
These are some percentages that I written on my defence guide that I've taken from previous tests:

SnowTempest wrote:
Brief Rank guidance to percentages:
S rank (unsure): 0% - 20%
A rank (unsure about starting percentage): 25% - 50%
B rank: 55% - 80%
C rank: 85% - 100%
D rank: 105% +
E rank: Ridiculously low Resist. Toad has 150% E rank

Also like stated earlier, Poison doesn't activate because Succubus is unaffected by magic attacks. Same goes for other skills, as long as the unit you're using is a mage.
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi

Yoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:53 am

BkWiz wrote:
Yoruichi wrote:

Imps are not immune.

Never noticed that, I stand corrected Shocked 
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:15 am

Tentacle Love wrote:
I've heard that Lilith was almost able to solo that mission but unable to do so with just the poison damage.

It may be a combination of lag and the device you're using, which would be very odd.

But since I know at least one user who loves poison explicitly because it bypasses resistances, you're probably encountering a bug and might want to find a way to report it.

I don't think it's lag. She simply does 0 damage to the succubus. other units with poison that can do damage to her proc poison just fine. Lilith one shots every monster except succubu, which just walks right on by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED   Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poison not working in Quests? SOLVED
Page 1 of 1